Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Villi1997

Should i stop talking in general?

It's like that every time i try talking to someone about what had happened to them, the conversations go smoothly.

But when i talk to someone about about myself it becomes kinda obnoxious.

Do you think i should stop talking to other people in general?

Well, that's your decision entirely.

But if I was you, I wouldn't stop. Just concentrate on people who are actually interested in you and your thoughts. Most people love to talk about themselves and you just have to deal with it, but if that's all they do, it's not fair to you and you shouldn't bother yourself with them.

If you're usually the one to start the conversation, I'd suggest you sometimes let the other person do it. That way you'd see if they even want to talk with you.

Hmmm.....

Well, I usually find myself having to be the conversation starter. This isn't a bad thing, but it can become tiring after a while. Therefore, I actually become excited when someone else initiates a conversation first. It creates great contrast, ya know?  A little hi, how are you? Simple. That part is usual fine.

Most inner frustration arises when people cannot carry on the conversation or add anything to it. I mean, shouldn't a  healthy talk require proper reciprocation from both party's ? Sometimes, I feel like people will tell me about themselves (which I love) But anytime I want to do the same, people either. 1. Don't care. 2. Have no idea how to respond to anything I just said. 3. Quickly, (sometimes rudely) change the subject. Which is so odd....I want to be able to chat with people who don't always remain silent. It weirds me out when people can't respond. I know that itself seems odd for me to say,  but....I dunno. Maybe the way I think and talk is too overwhelming? Lol. Ah, well...I think the only thing worse than that is people who prefer that their own interests to be discussed, or nothing  at all.

What I would suggest is to just keep trying. Despite how frustrating social interaction can be sometimes, I've learned that it's worse to not try it at all. Very bad things happen if you keep everything to yourself for too long.