Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
hatok

Why Xemnas Doesn't Use the Keyblade

It should be pretty obvious to anybody that Xemnas doesn't wield a keyblade. But do you guys remember this old interview:

http://forums.khinsider.com/birth-sleep/147009-bbs-ultimania-plot-mysteries-nomura-interview.html

Specifically this quote:

-- Roxas, the "Sora + Ventus" Nobody, was able to use a Keyblade. In contrast Xemnas, the "Terra + Master Xehanort" Nobody, wasn't able to use a Keyblade. Why is this?

Nomura: I'd rather that point remain a mystery. It's possible that he intentionally wasn't using one.

So there's a pretty simple reason why Xemnas would choose to not use his keyblade

Because summoning a keyblade would show whose heart was dominant

And if Terra's heart was the dominant one, and it seems to be, considering his actions, using his keyblade would tip Xigbar-Xehanort and Saix-Xehanort.

eh?

EH?

Edited by hatok

Nomura's mind "firetruck, gotta find something to say to cover this mess up"

Ohhhhhh, I'd like to leave that point a mystery.

"These idjets always fall for this."

Oh another thing I got from this interview.

-- Was Master Xehanort the one who delivered the final blow to Master Eraqus?

Nomura: Because it was necessary to avoid showing such a cruel scene, it's difficult to tell from the presentation, but that's right. Terra saw this happen right in front of his eyes, so when he realised at the Keyblade Graveyard that Master Xehanort intends to harm Ventus and Aqua, this drives him to anger, saying, "Not only my father Eraqus..."* As an aside, although he says "my father", and we see from Eraqus' words that he thinks of Terra like a son, Terra and Eraqus are not actually father and son. Also, in his final moments Eraqus falls towards Terra - an important meaning is hidden in this scene.

I WANT TO SEE THE CRUEL SCENE!

Edited by SkyKeybladeHero

But... Xehanort could wield Keyblade too... so wouldn't it have been his Keyblade and not Terra's?

I always read that "intentionally" to mean "subconsciously". Having a Keyblade would only benefit Xemnas, Days seems to make that pretty clear. I guess it depends on how much Xemnas/Saix/Xigbar actually knew about Xehanort's original plan, or if it was more of a latent directive.

If Xemnas was just two-facing the entire time, it's possible he chose not to use a Keyblade to avoid outing himself as some diabolical genius('s Nobody).

But... Xehanort could wield Keyblade too... so wouldn't it have been his Keyblade and not Terra's?I always read that "intentionally" to mean "subconsciously". Having a Keyblade would only benefit Xemnas, Days seems to make that pretty clear. I guess it depends on how much Xemnas/Saix/Xigbar actually knew about Xehanort's original plan, or if it was more of a latent directive.If Xemnas was just two-facing the entire time, it's possible he chose not to use a Keyblade to avoid outing himself as some diabolical genius('s Nobody).

They all seemed to know. In KH2 near the end Saix asks Xemnas if he can "end this charade" for example.

But think about it, Xemnas has many links to Terra, most notably his searching for Ventus, and calling Aqua friend. It could turn out that despite us thinking Xehanort was in control, Terra was actually the dominant one, and he was keeping it a secret by not revealing his keyblade.

Sure, Xemnas having a keyblade would make the Organization's goal much more achievable, but achieving that goal wasn't part of Xehanort's plan, and everything Xehanort does is intentional (he can see the future)

They all seemed to know. In KH2 near the end Saix asks Xemnas if he can "end this charade" for example. But think about it, Xemnas has many links to Terra, most notably his searching for Ventus, and calling Aqua friend. It could turn out that despite us thinking Xehanort was in control, Terra was actually the dominant one, and he was keeping it a secret by not revealing his keyblade. Sure, Xemnas having a keyblade would make the Organization's goal much more achievable, but achieving that goal wasn't part of Xehanort's plan, and everything Xehanort does is intentional (he can see the future)

I guess it can probably fluctuate, but I thought the "No Heart" Kayblade Armor that Xemnas wears at the end of KH2 was pretty indicative of who is controlling what.But yeah, Xemnas not using the Keyblade was probably more to avoid revealing too many of his/Xehanort's secrets than anything else. Edited by BlankShell

I think it's a retcon. When KH1 and KH2 were created I don't think Nomura had thought up about Xehanort, Terra, etc. and Xehanort having a keyblade. So he got lightsabers.

But I gotta admit... the above theories kinda make sense and if you take BBS and DDD's intro scene (My name... IS ANSEM!!!) in account, I think it indeed was to avoid the other members from suspecting him. Saïx and Xigbar might've known tho, them being secretly in league with Xemnas and all and intended to become Xehanort Vessels. I think Marluxia could also have known (maybe it sounds farfetched, but I think he betrayed Xemnas cause he suspected him)

I think it's a retcon. When KH1 and KH2 were created I don't think Nomura had thought up about Xehanort, Terra, etc. and Xehanort having a keyblade. So he got lightsabers.

But I gotta admit... the above theories kinda make sense and if you take BBS and DDD's intro scene (My name... IS ANSEM!!!) in account, I think it indeed was to avoid the other members from suspecting him. Saïx and Xigbar might've known tho, them being secretly in league with Xemnas and all and intended to become Xehanort Vessels. I think Marluxia could also have known (maybe it sounds farfetched, but I think he betrayed Xemnas cause he suspected him)

Xehanort and Terra did exist by the time KH2 rolled around, don't forget the secret ending (and the Lingering Will). Sure it just showed Terra's armour and Xehanort's silhouette, bu that's most likely becuase the designs weren't final yet. By the time KH2 Final Mix rolled around Xehanort and Terra both had fully realized designs. Additionally, Apprentice Xehanort in KH2 has a design that looks a lot like Terra. So it was clearly planned from very early on

Xehanort and Terra did exist by the time KH2 rolled around, don't forget the secret ending (and the Lingering Will). Sure it just showed Terra's armour and Xehanort's silhouette, bu that's most likely becuase the designs weren't final yet. By the time KH2 Final Mix rolled around Xehanort and Terra both had fully realized designs. Additionally, Apprentice Xehanort in KH2 has a design that looks a lot like Terra. So it was clearly planned from very early on

Oops, forgot about that. It's been a while since I saw those cutscenes and that secret ending after all. I think you're right. Thanks ;-)

Terra's heart is definitely in control of the body rather than xehanort. Xigbar has been wary of apprentice xehanort ever since ansem the wise took him in, this doubt as to who was actually in control was shown in 2 different occasions; in the beginning of 3d when xehanort heart ripped the apprentices, and also in II FM+ when xigbar questioned why Xemnas was talking to aqua's armor.

It's very well possible that when terranort put the keyblade in his chest, at the end of the fight with aqua, it was actually terra in control of the body at that

point in time and that he accidentally sealed his memories instead of forcing xehanort out of his body. It shows that terra can definitely regain control, and it's possible that eraqus is helping him to do it. Now why is terra inside of Xemnas rather than ansem sod, because like I said above, Xigbar has been wary of Xemnas' intentions for quite a bit of time. And Xemnas' way of speech also give credibility to terra not only being in Xemnas but also being in control.

When Xemnas fights sora and Riku he says how anger and hatred are supreme, why would Xemnas focus on those two emotions? The only character that would rely on anger in the KH series is terra, and those are the exact feelings he had when lingering will was created. When terra said that he would set things right, what if he let his anger toward xehanort consume him in his quest to destroy xehanort's 13v7 plan from within. He had xehanort's heart so he could very well have looked into that heart to see the plans that he would have to play out in order to avoid suspicion from Xigbar who was essentially MX's right hand man.

Due to the events of KH 1 happening with or without his consent, Xemnas had to play out the role that xehanort have him, collect nobodies, but he could have been doing this to search for ventus, who he would find in Roxas, it doesn't look like it, but in 358/2 days Xemnas does show a sense of familiarity with Roxas. Another hint is that nomura states that Xemnas could or could not use a keyblade and that if he could, he chose not to. Why? Because if he did, Terra's keyblade would be the one that spawns throwing away his cover.

Now know during 3d, sora gives his speech to Xemnas and Xigbar, throughout the speech, Xemnas is smiling while Xigbar later becomes distraught, why? Because he sees that sora has what it takes to stand up to xehanort and his plans and also during that scene when all of the people that sora is connected to appears, terra is coincidentally placed right where Xemnas should be standing. But this is all a theory,... A game theory! (Couldn't resist)

Makes sense I guess but if that was true why would Terra oppose Sora and Riku's efforts to stop the froming of the artifical Kingdom Hearts in II? Sora already elimated Xigbar and Saix so why keep up the act unless Terra knew of Xehanort's backup plan so he just bided his time until the REAL finalie to show that it was Terra not Xehanort who was in control.

But again, Xemnas faught Sora and played with his mind in DDD so why keep up the act unless Xemnas was holding back on Sora...

This theroy has merrits but where it falters is in KH2. Why would he continue and fight Sora and Riku if he knows they're on the same side and he even knows Riku is the one he chose to pass the keyblade onto?

Makes sense I guess but if that was true why would Terra oppose Sora and Riku's efforts to stop the froming of the artifical Kingdom Hearts in II? Sora already elimated Xigbar and Saix so why keep up the act unless Terra knew of Xehanort's backup plan so he just bided his time until the REAL finalie to show that it was Terra not Xehanort who was in control.

But again, Xemnas faught Sora and played with his mind in DDD so why keep up the act unless Xemnas was holding back on Sora...

This theroy has merrits but where it falters is in KH2. Why would he continue and fight Sora and Riku if he knows they're on the same side and he even knows Riku is the one he chose to pass the keyblade onto?

Two possible explanations: obviously Xemans isn't purely Terra, I believe there's an interview that says he has a combination of Terra and Xehanort's memories. But my personal theory is that Terra was playing the long game. He went along with the plan so Saix and Xigbar wouldn't suspect (being part Xehanort and all) and is going to make the big reveal in KH3 when Xehanort's making his final move

I think it because nobodies can't wield keyblades (unless it is like Roxas's case)

I believe the rule is if a person who can wield a Keyblade turns into a Nobody, that Nobody has the same power.

The theory was they couldn't because Nobodies don't have hearts. But they do it turns out. Even if they didn't, the fact that in an interview Nomura said he might be intentionally not wielding the keyblade suggest that it's possible for him to wield one

Makes sense I guess but if that was true why would Terra oppose Sora and Riku's efforts to stop the froming of the artifical Kingdom Hearts in II? Sora already elimated Xigbar and Saix so why keep up the act unless Terra knew of Xehanort's backup plan so he just bided his time until the REAL finalie to show that it was Terra not Xehanort who was in control. But again, Xemnas faught Sora and played with his mind in DDD so why keep up the act unless Xemnas was holding back on Sora... This theroy has merrits but where it falters is in KH2. Why would he continue and fight Sora and Riku if he knows they're on the same side and he even knows Riku is the one he chose to pass the keyblade onto?

Well as KH:3D reveals, they were going to be reborn as some bodies again, so Xemnas(terra) would have to seemingly die aswell in order to keep up the charade. Like I said, both xehanort's and Terra's heart are within Xemnas so maybe he can peer into the memories of xehanort and see his 7vs13 plan, what better way to firetruck it up than to have it so that on the day the 13 arrive, there are actually twelve because Xemnas will betray them. Also, why not test sora and Riku, he tested sora back in final mix, so why not this time test the bond between sora and Riku by prodding at what made them enemies in the first game.

"I'd rather keep that point a mystery."

Translation: I f**ked up. 

If that was the case he could have easily just come up with an excuse and been done with it. Intentionally leaving it open if anything suggest he's planned this for a long time.

It should be pretty obvious to anybody that Xemnas doesn't wield a keyblade. But do you guys remember this old interview:

http://forums.khinsider.com/birth-sleep/147009-bbs-ultimania-plot-mysteries-nomura-interview.html

Specifically this quote:

So there's a pretty simple reason why Xemnas would choose to not use his keyblade

Because summoning a keyblade would show whose heart was dominant

And if Terra's heart was the dominant one, and it seems to be, considering his actions, using his keyblade would tip Xigbar-Xehanort and Saix-Xehanort.

eh?

EH?

If it weren't for the fact that the end of BbS clearly makes it obvious the Xehanort is the one in control.