Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Velvet Scarlatina

Anime | Manga Is there any anime where guns aren't completely useless?

I love a good action anime, where people clash swords, and their energy blasts completely destroy a building in one blow. What I don't like, however, is when firing a gun at a person seems to be the equivalent of firing off a few BB rounds. The worst thing that happens is someone's armor gets chipped. I would like an anime where people actually get hurt by guns, and where they're an actual threat.

Now, I should clarify this since there is going to be a suggestions of things that I'm not looking for. Hopefully my request isn't too specific. I don't mean an anime where it's just regular people gunning at each other. I mean where people are flying in the air and attacking each other like they would with swords, except replace the swords with guns. Not giant mechs (I'm personally not a fan for those kinds of animes), I mean actually head-on fighting with two people where the main weapons are guns. There can be swords in there, sure, but I would like for guns to actually kill a person. And no "Well there is this one person in this one anime that does this". No, I would like for guns to be used by everyone who fights. Such an anime would be a great breath of fresh air for me. Not that swords aren't awesome, but I would like something different. I haven't watched it, but I think Hellsing has this kind of stuff, but I haven't watched it yet, so I wouldn't know.

I mean, whatever you suggest doesn't HAVE to match my description perfectly, but...I just wanna watch something where bullets aren't the equivalent of flinging peas across the dinner table. T_T

I haven't gotten too far into it, but One Piece seems to have some pretty useless guns. =P

Unless there's something I haven't gotten to yet.

Depends on what kind of gun really. I admit, they don't ever get too much exposure compared to other things like Devil Fruit powers, but hey, you said "aren't completely useless" so its at least something.

Depends on what kind of gun really. I admit, they don't ever get too much exposure compared to other things like Devil Fruit powers, but hey, you said "aren't completely useless" so its at least something.

I'm sure they aren't completely useless on normal people, in that case. =P

I guess I've recently become obsessed with finding an anime with useful guns that any gun even remotely unharmful bothers me more than it should.

I love a good action anime, where people clash swords, and their energy blasts completely destroy a building in one blow. What I don't like, however, is when firing a gun at a person seems to be the equivalent of firing off a few BB rounds. The worst thing that happens is someone's armor gets chipped. I would like an anime where people actually get hurt by guns, and where they're an actual threat.

Now, I should clarify this since there is going to be a suggestions of things that I'm not looking for. Hopefully my request isn't too specific. I don't mean an anime where it's just regular people gunning at each other. I mean where people are flying in the air and attacking each other like they would with swords, except replace the swords with guns. Not giant mechs (I'm personally not a fan for those kinds of animes), I mean actually head-on fighting with two people where the main weapons are guns. There can be swords in there, sure, but I would like for guns to actually kill a person. And no "Well there is this one person in this one anime that does this". No, I would like for guns to be used by everyone who fights. Such an anime would be a great breath of fresh air for me. Not that swords aren't awesome, but I would like something different. I haven't watched it, but I think Hellsing has this kind of stuff, but I haven't watched it yet, so I wouldn't know.

I mean, whatever you suggest doesn't HAVE to match my description perfectly, but...I just wanna watch something where bullets aren't the equivalent of flinging peas across the dinner table. T_T

Black Lagoon,Hitman Reborn,Higurashi,Monster,Code Geass,Gunslinger Girl,Trigun,Outlaw Star,Hellsing.Cowboy Bebop....etc

There is a SHITTON of animes where guns are useful it just depends on the genres you're looking at.

Of course if you're looking into the Fantasy,supernatural genre you won't find that much of a use for guns

Edited by Smash Mega Koopa

Angel Beats, SAO II

Edited by Big Boss

In Angel Beats guns aren't completely useless, but depending on how you look at it, they kinda are useless. (I tryed to make that as much nonspoiler as possible).

Vampire Knight

Don't even get me started on Wolfs Rain

High School of the Dead (never watched, but seen previews)

Cowboy Bebop