Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Buttercup Camera

Five Nights at Freddy's - Who caused the Bite of '87?

ATTENTION! This Post contains heavy Spoilers related to the game Five Nights at Freddy's.

So, if you actually payed attention to the story such as the Phone Guy's calls and the Easter Eggs... even the newspapers articles... you migh've heard about this Bite of '87, right? Well, on 13-14 of November, someone was bitten in the head during a birthday party at the restaurant by one of the animatronics. The injury resulted into someone loosing their frontal lobe(brain). Who was bitten or who caused the bite is unknown.

When the first game came out it was believed that it was Foxy who caused the bite or even Freddy for having hand prints on his face. It was believed that it was Foxy due the reason that the Pirate Cove is closed and that his jaw is broken and quite the only thing out there that could've caused such thing.

But FNaF2 killed off these theories.

Why? Well, Foxy, Bonnie, Chica and Freddy are all broken and put aside for parts. How could they harm anyone if they were kinda far?

Maybe it was Mangle - seeing that she is all torn apart because of the todlers and has a long maw like Foxy does. Perhaps it was Toy Freddy. Toy Chica, Toy Bonnie, BB and The Puppet are out of question. 

But it was really Mangle, why is Foxy out of order in the first game? What happened to him?

Now, the other thing... Who was the victim? Seeing that Jeremy, the protagonist of the Second game changes shifts to the day of the Bite and is never heard ever again... there's a chance that HE was the victim. An idea that supports this fact is... well... all of the animatronics were after him during the previous nights and he got orders to stay up close to them during the party to avoid anything bad from happening. He also doesn't comes back in Night 7 and in Night 6 every single Animatronic is kinda "pissed" at him. Well, Foxy is the only animatronic that could recognize him even with the mask on...

The new animatronics - Toy Chica, Toy Freddy, Toy Bonnie and Mangle were all destroyed for malfunction. The whereabouts of BB and The Puppet are unknown.

If a third game is to be, then there's a chance of it being a prequel to the second game that it's a prequel to the first. The story behind the first restaurant is a blurr. It was a normal family restaurant that got itself shut down because someone or something abducted up to five children who were never found. After that incident, the main animatronics started to smell horribly and thei eyes were full of blood.

The Phone Guy was killed in Night 4 by Freddy and probably Chica. Bonnie and Foxy were banging on the door as it seems. Whatever it was, the Animatronics weren't following the rules.

And who is the Purple Guy?

Edited by Marcomax

Mangle would also be my first choice, probably tired of the kids ripping 'her' apart every day. 

FNAF 2 is so strange because so many people assumed it was a sequel given all of what we were given, yet it's clearly a prequel. Some things still don't really make sense. So, yeah, I think a further prequel would be interesting to see what went on in Fredbear's Family Diner.  

ATTENTION! This Post contains heavy Spoilers related to the game Five Nights at Freddy's.

So, if you actually payed attention to the story such as the Phone Guy's calls and the Easter Eggs... even the newspapers articles... you migh've heard about this Bite of '87, right? Well, on 13-14 of November, someone was bitten in the head during a birthday party at the restaurant by one of the animatronics. The injury resulted into someone loosing their frontal lobe(brain). Who was bitten or who caused the bite is unknown.

When the first game came out it was believed that it was Foxy who caused the bite or even Freddy for having hand prints on his face. It was believed that it was Foxy due the reason that the Pirate Cove is closed and that his jaw is broken and quite the only thing out there that could've caused such thing.

But FNaF2 killed off these theories.

Why? Well, Foxy, Bonnie, Chica and Freddy are all broken and put aside for parts. How could they harm anyone if they were kinda far?

Maybe it was Mangle - seeing that she is all torn apart because of the todlers and has a long maw like Foxy does. Perhaps it was Toy Freddy. Toy Chica, Toy Bonnie, BB and The Puppet are out of question. 

But it was really Mangle, why is Foxy out of order in the first game? What happened to him?

Now, the other thing... Who was the victim? Seeing that Jeremy, the protagonist of the Second game changes shifts to the day of the Bite and is never heard ever again... there's a chance that HE was the victim. An idea that supports this fact is... well... all of the animatronics were after him during the previous nights and he got orders to stay up close to them during the party to avoid anything bad from happening. He also doesn't comes back in Night 7 and in Night 6 every single Animatronic is kinda "pissed" at him. Well, Foxy is the only animatronic that could recognize him even with the mask on...

The new animatronics - Toy Chica, Toy Freddy, Toy Bonnie and Mangle were all destroyed for malfunction. The whereabouts of BB and The Puppet are unknown.

If a third game is to be, then there's a chance of it being a prequel to the second game that it's a prequel to the first. The story behind the first restaurant is a blurr. It was a normal family restaurant that got itself shut down because someone or something abducted up to five children who were never found. After that incident, the main animatronics started to smell horribly and thei eyes were full of blood.

The Phone Guy was killed in Night 4 by Freddy and probably Chica. Bonnie and Foxy were banging on the door as it seems. Whatever it was, the Animatronics weren't following the rules.

And who is the Purple Guy?

It can't be toy freddy or mangle, because both of those didn't exist until Freddy Fazbears pizza was reopened after the events of the first game

Fun as it is to speculate on things, I'm not sure why this is such a popular question in the FNaF fandom. I usually just assume it was Freddy (being the main mascot of the restaurant, so should have the most attention in the game's lore) or Foxy (being hidden and out of order), but the big picture is that a child got shortchanged one frontal lobe -- in that case, does it really matter who in specific administered the bite? Really, it could be any one of them. The Puppet and BB aside, they all have an impressive set of chompers. They're all equally capable of killing you dead (again, aside from BB who's more indirect). And no matter who was responsible, it screwed over the whole restaurant and all the animatronics, not just the one responsible.

Since we're talking about the Bite, I like the theory that the guy you're playing as (Jeremy Fitzgerald) is the victim, and that he's also a former criminal, possibly even responsible for some of the murders taking place in the game. The fact that Phone Guy makes the note that the newer animatronics are equipped with criminal recognition makes it possible that they recognize Jeremy as a criminal, and that's why they're after him during the game. And when he finally takes the day shift, whichever animatronic is might be decides to make good on what they've spent a week trying to do anyways.

Since we're talking about the Bite, I like the theory that the guy you're playing as (Jeremy Fitzgerald) is the victim, and that he's also a former criminal, possibly even responsible for some of the murders taking place in the game. The fact that Phone Guy makes the note that the newer animatronics are equipped with criminal recognition makes it possible that they recognize Jeremy as a criminal, and that's why they're after him during the game. And when he finally takes the day shift, whichever animatronic is might be decides to make good on what they've spent a week trying to do anyways.

It's a plausible theory I see a lot, but I never liked it myself. It's frustrating to me as a player to spend a game trying your damnedest to survive, alongside or as the character, only to find out that the guy probably deserved to die. Since letting him die nets you a game over, you're forced to win as an ambiguously innocent asshole. I prefer the idea that you're just a hapless security guard being paid minimum wage and with no idea what you're getting into. It's darkly humorous and it's a situation that players can relate to, a lot better than playing as a criminal.

It can't be toy freddy or mangle, because both of those didn't exist until Freddy Fazbears pizza was reopened after the events of the first game

You clearly haven't played the game, then. There has been 3 restaurants so far.

It's a plausible theory I see a lot, but I never liked it myself. It's frustrating to me as a player to spend a game trying your damnedest to survive, alongside or as the character, only to find out that the guy probably deserved to die. Since letting him die nets you a game over, you're forced to win as an ambiguously innocent asshole. I prefer the idea that you're just a hapless security guard being paid minimum wage and with no idea what you're getting into. It's darkly humorous and it's a situation that players can relate to, a lot better than playing as a criminal.

Foxy and Freddy were out of the picture during the events of '87.

The animatronics seem to attack every single Night Guard. That's why the former Night Guard moved shifts and why PG was killed - being him a Night Guard as well.

Foxy and Freddy were out of the picture during the events of '87.

The animatronics seem to attack every single Night Guard. That's why the former Night Guard moved shifts and why PG was killed - being him a Night Guard as well.

When were Foxy and Freddy ever out of the picture? I've never heard anything like that. The animatronics attack the night guards because the animatronics get buggy/haunted at night -- the nightguard just happens to be the only human there when that happens. Ergo, the night guards and Phone Guy are attacked. There's nothing in-universe to suggest the night guards are criminals rather than poor saps who didn't know what they were getting into.

Do you have a source for that? I haven't heard anything about a 3rd restaurant, and considering that the animatronics from the first game are being used as parts for the new animatronics in the second game the second game can't be a prequel

Do you have a source for that? I haven't heard anything about a 3rd restaurant, and considering that the animatronics from the first game are being used as parts for the new animatronics in the second game the second game can't be a prequel

One of the nights mention "Frazbear's Family Diner" iirc. Just get passed night 3 and it becomes clear that it's a sequel.

Do you have a source for that? I haven't heard anything about a 3rd restaurant, and considering that the animatronics from the first game are being used as parts for the new animatronics in the second game the second game can't be a prequel

Yes. Wikia and Phone Guy.

When were Foxy and Freddy ever out of the picture? I've never heard anything like that. The animatronics attack the night guards because the animatronics get buggy/haunted at night -- the nightguard just happens to be the only human there when that happens. Ergo, the night guards and Phone Guy are attacked. There's nothing in-universe to suggest the night guards are criminals rather than poor saps who didn't know what they were getting into.

They were put aside for parts...

Since this is kind of the FNAF theory thread, there's something I wanted to talk about. When I was playing through FNaF2 last time, I got through Night 3, and got the usual hallucination through the eyes of Freddy, where you can swivel around and look at Bonnie and Chica. Now, usually, the Marionette is there looking back at you, which is creepy enough. But this time, it was Golden Freddy looking back at me. Keeping in mind that this is on Night 3, and the murders with Golden Freddy haven't happened yet.

What is Golden Freddy doing here on Night 3?