Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Firaga

The Roles Of Roxas, Namine and Xion

Whether we like it or not, Namine is a wielder, Kairi can use one so She can too, even if she chooses not to. Remember, prior to the Keyblade War there where thousands of wielders, they were never as rare as we where led to believe.

• Sora
  • Riku
  • Kairi
  • Terra
  • Aqua
  • Ven
  • Roxas
  • Xion
  • Lea
  • Namine
  • Vanitas
  • Mickey
  • Xehanort x13
  • Data Sora

It's doubtful we'll ever see Data Sora again and after KH 3 all the norts will be gone, so we drop from 26 to 12 and 12 doesn't seem like all that many, especially since the only ones that will matter after KH 3 are Sora, Riku, Kairi and Mickey, So we'll really only have 4.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

We've yet to only begin to guess what'll happen to Roxas, Namine and Xion in Kingdom Hearts III, but I just hope that they all end up becoming their own people!  I mean, after all the shit Xehanort made them go through, they at least deserve that much!  And plus, seeing Xion and Roxas in Days just really makes me wish they'd be together again, so that's something I'm looking forward to seeing!  Oh God, the thrills are traveling through my spine! :D

Due to new information about Nobodies that was given in DDD, I fully believe that Roxas, Namine, and Xion have there own hearts already. Ven's Heart gave Roxas a basis to start on his own, and his friendship with Axel and Xion nurtured it to grow, causing the same thing to happen in Axel and Xion.

Namine seemed to have a heart despite not having any interaction to nurture growth, but she is a special case in Nobodies.

While I doubt any of the three will be Lights in KH3, I do think they will play roles in the future, like Donald and Goofy have. While neither of them have wielded Keyblades, Donald and Goofy have prominent and important roles in previous KH games.

Okay so I really want to see all of them in the Keyblade War, but I don't see a future for them, not currently, because the only thing we know so far that Sora & Co. want to do about them is that they want them to come back, but after that? I can see both Xion and Roxas having revenge on Xemnas, but, again, after that? We were left with something bigger than we think but I just can't figure it out. What would Yen Sid do about them? Since Sora now knows that Nobodies had hearts, how will he tell all of the others (Yen Sid, Mickey, LEA, etc.) that they had?

Xion and Roxas will definitely join the final battle in some way. I just can't see Namine' with a Keyblade even if Kairi uses one. Namine' isn't trained like Kairi. I could see Namine' hanging back at the Mysterious Tower with Yen Sid trying to use her magic to aid Sora and Co. 

I really hope Roxas will have a prominent role in KH3. I don't want him to just be saved, but also be part of the team just like TAV. Okay, am not sure about Terra but Aqua and Ventus will definitely be saved and taken into action immediately. Therefore, Roxas should be part of Guardians of Light. He already showed so many traits especially when he can use light as a weapon, even ironically he's a Nobody but as a person walking in the twilight, that's what makes him really special in the first place. He should kick Xemnas's derriere and get his revenge already! About Xion… Yeah she can be saved, but I don't expect her to be of that important. Namine will return and help out using her magic. 

I personally wouldn't like Roxas to return. I know this goes against popular belief, but I consider him and his arc done for the most part, and I respect that. Sure, he wanted his own life, yes, but if KH3D is to show anything, it shows that Roxas becomes content with being apart of Sora which in turn makes his character arc come full circle. I'd hate for him to come back and have everything turn out well solely because of fan service. (It kinda bothered me with Lea returning although we know a complete person returns after the heartless/nobody are destroyed.)

Back to Roxas, I wouldn't mind however if he returned briefly to sacrifice himself to ensure Ven awakes thus having both sides without having two identical people or Sora in a coma himself.

Edited by Hamē Battahka

A while ago, I made a thread about what Kairi and Lea's roles in KHIII might be. I decided to do the same for two of my favorite characters in the entire series who I hope play some kind of role in the next game... and Xion.

But seriously, these characters are sort of irrelevant in current canon; they got cameo shots in DDD and will certainly at least appear in KHIII, but it's unclear just how relevant they will be come that time when KHIII is released sometime in, I don't know, 2019.

So let's start off with this first: Roxas, Namine, and Xion's biggest bullet point for them right now is that they are connected to Sora in some way and must be "saved" by him.

Roxas, even though, it's not outright stated, nor do a lot of people really bring it up, but I think he wants to have his own heart once again so that he can be with Lea and his Twilight Town friends again. Yeah, I know he sort of got all martyr-y about it in DDD, but you saw how Sora reacted too: he wants to give his Nobody a heart. So it's pretty much gonna happen. Meanwhile, Namine definitely wants Sora to full remember the bond they formed in Castle Oblivion and, in general, be Sora's friend (I honestly don't know how much of COM Sora remembers right now, it could be most of it, it could be some of it, but to me he doesn't seem like he remembers a lot, so bear with me on this claim.), and Xion wants to rekindle her bond with Roxas and Lea, obviously.

Now, beyond that, what they do for the story is sort of up in the air. I mean, some people think that Roxas may become a Guardian of Light, but I highly doubt that. Xion is a little too far-fetched for me too. We could also do go the obvious route with Namine and, you know, give her a Keyblade and make her do something with that, but honestly, that scenario isn't really in my favor. One reason because, like other people, I don't think its a smart idea to start handing out Keyblades Oprah style; we have enough of those already, and another reason is because Namine is unique with her power over memories, so she should keep that uniqueness. Heck, maybe that could be used in the story somehow.

I honestly don't have a concrete answer for this one. I had one for Kairi and Lea, but this one could go in a lot of different directions, but hey, that's why we have the forums. :) I jus want Roxas and Namine to do something (Xion, I guess...) but what do you guys think? What do you see Roxas, Namine, and Xion doing in KHIII, if they even should do anything significant at all?

We really dont know how this game is going to play out. Sora could have already tried to figure out how to give them heart during his time gone and he my have succeeded... were in the dark on everything. Also Roxas and Xion could get a heart before they find Aqua and Ven and could possibly be replacements for the time being like lea with Terra (even though this isnt 100% true its highly speculated). This would be kind of funny too because Mickey and Riku left to go find key wielders and Sora just pops up with like 10 while Mickey and Riku have 0

Xion and Roxas will definitely join the final battle in some way. I just can't see Namine' with a Keyblade even if Kairi uses one. Namine' isn't trained like Kairi. I could see Namine' hanging back at the Mysterious Tower with Yen Sid trying to use her magic to aid Sora and Co.

yeah she'll most likely be needed to find ven and maybe they might try and get her to aid in re awakening ven just like she did with sora

I like the theory that Xion is the thirteenth darkness, after all they still need a thirteenth member after DDD and Xemnas had the opportunity to throw Xehanort's heart into her when he powered her up with the nobody armour

I'm pretty sure Roxas will return to be one of the guardians, shouldn't be too hard to bring him back once they find that Key to Return Hearts

No idea what's gonna happen with Namine, she seemed to have the perfect ending for herself in KH2

Edited by Mysterious Figure

See this is what sort of drove me crazy about Kingdom Hearts 3D. It brought back characters whose roles in the series had been completed. At the end of Kingdom Hearts 2 Namine and Roxas both had satisfying endings. They were back as their original selves and didn't fade into darkness. They were going to be whole and see each other everyday. Axel sacrificed himself to redeem his kidnapping of Kairi and Xion having been not remembered by anyone, had already completed her purpose of giving Roxas the motivation he needed to turn against the Organization.

So when Kingdom Hearts 3D announced the return of these characters I was peeved. Not because I didn't like these characters because I really do like them, but it made their previous endings seem artificial and less heartfelt. As an example, Axel's death in KH2 isn't sad anymore since he didn't really sacrifice anything and in fact regained his humanity. Another issue is the over saturation of characters in the series. there are sooo many main characters now that I am worried what Nomura is going to do with all of them. Sora is the confirmed main character of the series so what happens to all of the other characters once the Xehanort saga is done? Can you just have Roxas live the simple life in Twilight Town? I don't think the fans would like him not having any action anymore. This is sort of why I feel the other characters should have remained as they were. This way the series doesn't have as many main characters to give endings too and it allows us to concentrate on the main story.

I just am worried about how this is going to all play out. I really do believe things would have been more satisfying and the story would be better if Roxas, Namine, Xion, Axel, and the Organization had remained where they were and had not been brought back. I hope Nomura can make this work becuase I would hate to see these characters tarnished when they already had such good endings.

See this is what sort of drove me crazy about Kingdom Hearts 3D. It brought back characters whose roles in the series had been completed. At the end of Kingdom Hearts 2 Namine and Roxas both had satisfying endings. They were back as their original selves and didn't fade into darkness. They were going to be whole and see each other everyday. Axel sacrificed himself to redeem his kidnapping of Kairi and Xion having been not remembered by anyone, had already completed her purpose of giving Roxas the motivation he needed to turn against the Organization.

So when Kingdom Hearts 3D announced the return of these characters I was peeved. Not because I didn't like these characters because I really do like them, but it made their previous endings seem artificial and less heartfelt. As an example, Axel's death in KH2 isn't sad anymore since he didn't really sacrifice anything and in fact regained his humanity. Another issue is the over saturation of characters in the series. there are sooo many main characters now that I am worried what Nomura is going to do with all of them. Sora is the confirmed main character of the series so what happens to all of the other characters once the Xehanort saga is done? Can you just have Roxas live the simple life in Twilight Town? I don't think the fans would like him not having any action anymore. This is sort of why I feel the other characters should have remained as they were. This way the series doesn't have as many main characters to give endings too and it allows us to concentrate on the main story.

I just am worried about how this is going to all play out. I really do believe things would have been more satisfying and the story would be better if Roxas, Namine, Xion, Axel, and the Organization had remained where they were and had not been brought back. I hope Nomura can make this work becuase I would hate to see these characters tarnished when they already had such good endings.

I'm gonna have to disagree, actually.

Like I explained in the first post, all three characters (plus Lea) have something that's bugging them now and they still need some form of closure for themeselves.

I haven't been following the KH scene for a while, but Roxas WAS still trapped inside the big boy's heart right?

I don't think he's getting out, I mean, he got back into his heart and if he didn't get saved at DDD, they've got to create some whacky story behind it for him to come back.

I haven't been following the KH scene for a while, but Roxas WAS still trapped inside the big boy's heart right?

I don't think he's getting out, I mean, he got back into his heart and if he didn't get saved at DDD, they've got to create some whacky story behind it for him to come back.

Yes, he's still inside Sora's heart. But he's still one of the people that Sora needs to save.

Firaga Sensei, could you elaborate more on what you mean?

Well, first off, I get what you mean about Roxas and Namine. But, them joining with Sora and Kairi doesn't really solve much. I mean yeah, its seems happy when you see it in KH2, but its really a bittersweet ending if you think about Roxas's and Namine's past plus the death of Lea and Xion.

You see, Roxas has made it clear that he deserves his own heart. He's not just some regular Nobody who follows the standard path, he was born from the abnormal circumstances of a boy who was holding somebody else's heart inside him, i.e. Sora and Ventus, and that made him into a Nobody who has feelings. Yes, I know Nobodies technically all have feelings now because it's been revealed that they are able to grow hearts, but Roxas still caught on a lot quicker any of the other members of Organization XIII sans Axel/Lea, mostly because he didn't buy into Xemnas' crap, and its a huge part of his overall character, and he's gone through a lot of struggle to be his own person. So for him to just lay complacent with Sora just puts all that effort to waste. Plus, what about Lea? What about Xion? What about Namine? What about his friends in Twilight Town? He's had bonds with all of them and he deserves to be with them instead of being confined to another person's will.

Namine is in the same boat. Her entire existence, for the most part, has been working as a tool for the Organization to capture Sora and use his Keyblade. She was trapped in Castle Oblivion and forced to be a manipulator of memories, while at the same time being able to sympathize with Sora and gaining an admiration for him and his ability to have friends. Even after she started working with DiZ/Ansem and Riku, she was still being manipulated in a way, and her only solace from that was the friendship she gained with Riku, Roxas, and Axel/Lea. So why should she have to stay locked up Kairi, too? She's even expressed this desire blatantly through her actions in CO, when she was trying to essentially replace Kairi in Sora's mind.

Xion is kind of an obvious answer. Like Namine, her entire existence was devoid of her own free will, and unlike Namine, she never had a chance to break free, even when she gained solace in Roxas and Axel/Lea. Not to mention she's also struggled with the same problems as Roxas in finding her own identity... come to think of it, Xion is basically Roxas and Namine cobbled together into a single character. lol But yeah, even though Riku, Lea, and Roxas's memories of her are faint, she still doesn't deserve to just remain forgotten.

So yeah, that's basically it in a nutshell.

I have a feeling that the remaining lights are those three (with the other four being Lea, SKR). Nomura said that the seven lights will be a surprise and Xion and Namine being lights over Aqua and the guys would be shocking. 

I still don't really agree. The fact that their endings in Kh2 were bittersweet was a good thing. They were content with that. if everyone in the series has a happy ending it becomes cliched. I'm not at a computer so I can't really go into it more at the moment, but one of the things that made these characters great and memorable was that they sacrificed everything for the greater good. If you rescue/revive them it makes these sacrifices lose meaning. Not to mention that they won't really have much of a part to play once KH3 ends. like I said earlier, I worry that the series has become over saturated with main characters that won't have any use after this saga ends. It would be unfair to these characters to save them only for them to disappear into obscurity in the next game. I don't think it's a question of whether the character deserves happiness. They all do. But I don't think it would make for a satisfying story and ultimately I think it would cause more problems later on. But then again I could be wrong. I'm hoping Nomura will come up with something amazing that is satisfying and gives the characters their happiness. But currently I can't think of something that would do that.

I still don't really agree. The fact that their endings in Kh2 were bittersweet was a good thing. They were content with that. if everyone in the series has a happy ending it becomes cliched. I'm not at a computer so I can't really go into it more at the moment, but one of the things that made these characters great and memorable was that they sacrificed everything for the greater good. If you rescue/revive them it makes these sacrifices lose meaning. Not to mention that they won't really have much of a part to play once KH3 ends. like I said earlier, I worry that the series has become over saturated with main characters that won't have any use after this saga ends. It would be unfair to these characters to save them only for them to disappear into obscurity in the next game. I don't think it's a question of whether the character deserves happiness. They all do. But I don't think it would make for a satisfying story and ultimately I think it would cause more problems later on. But then again I could be wrong. I'm hoping Nomura will come up with something amazing that is satisfying and gives the characters their happiness. But currently I can't think of something that would do that.

Dude, this entire series is melodramatic enough. Unless you're Sora or Kairi, your life is f*cking screwed. Where does it end? lol

But seriously, their "sacrifices" weren't so that they could just give up and settle for less than what they truly wanted. The only thing that ruins anything they did is if they have to settle for being boring normal Nobodies instead of being the special creatures they were originally born as.

They want their own hearts and they want to be with their friends. They're not Nobodies, shells of Somebodies without feeling, they never were. They have become Somebodies through all their trials and tribulations. Again, this is the entire driving force of Roxas's character. What good does it do to just throw that away? And Namine's entire existence was so led astray by the Organization, why shouldn't she deserve to be her own person? Is it better to just say "f*ck your dreams" and keep them inside Sora and Kairi

Over-saturation with main characters isn't something to hold it against them either. So what if we have a big cast? Are Sora and his clique the only people who deserve attention? Is it wrong to say that Sora by himself can barely carry a story? Because he can't. Not at this point that is. I mean, characters like Riku, Roxas and Lea just provide more moral fiber. Plus, with the exception of Namine, all the characters have Keyblades, so its not like they can't fight. Even Namine can be put to use with her power over memories. That is bound to be useful for something.

I'm not saying they don't deserve happiness. They do. They really do. But The fact that they sacrificed their happiness despite wanting it is what made them such great characters. It's not about saying "firetruck your dreams" it's about the sacrifice. It makes their characters better and I feel that's belittled by them coming back because all the emotion we felt when they did sacrifice their happiness is sort of rendered meaningless. That sort of ties into the problem people have with the percieved lack of death in kingdom hearts. If everyone can be revived all the time, there isn't any drama. So don't think I'm trying to screw over these characters. They do deserve happiness, but if every character can say "I'm gonna sacrifice myself and my dreams for you guys!" Only to come back in the next game, it's like why bother putting us through that emotional turmoil? You sort of made us feel sad when there was no need. And now it feels like I won't be able to take any other deaths/sacrifices seriously.

On another note though, I personally like Sora as the main character. While you do have a point that his character needs to develop more I want the series to stay focused on his adventures when he is the hero. I like how the other characters expand upon parts of the story, like Terra, Ven, Aqua, and the others but they expanded on a story that has Sora at the center holding everything together. So while I don't mind some of the games having the other characters as the protagonists, I wouldn't be very happy if overall Sora stopped being the main character. But that's my personal opinion and I don't expect everyone to feel the same.

I'm not saying they don't deserve happiness. They do. They really do. But The fact that they sacrificed their happiness despite wanting it is what made them such great characters. It's not about saying "firetruck your dreams" it's about the sacrifice. It makes their characters better and I feel that's belittled by them coming back because all the emotion we felt when they did sacrifice their happiness is sort of rendered meaningless. That sort of ties into the problem people have with the percieved lack of death in kingdom hearts. If everyone can be revived all the time, there isn't any drama. So don't think I'm trying to screw over these characters. They do deserve happiness, but if every character can say "I'm gonna sacrifice myself and my dreams for you guys!" Only to come back in the next game, it's like why bother putting us through that emotional turmoil? You sort of made us feel sad when there was no need. And now it feels like I won't be able to take any other deaths/sacrifices seriously.On another note though, I personally like Sora as the main character. While you do have a point that his character needs to develop more I want the series to stay focused on his adventures when he is the hero. I like how the other characters expand upon parts of the story, like Terra, Ven, Aqua, and the others but they expanded on a story that has Sora at the center holding everything together. So while I don't mind some of the games having the other characters as the protagonists, I wouldn't be very happy if overall Sora stopped being the main character. But that's my personal opinion and I don't expect everyone to feel the same.

What makes them great characters is that they refuse to be Nobodies, and the fact that they went through all their emotional turmoil just makes the idea of getting what they truly desire even more special. Not some half-baked scenario where they're just rendered as plain Nobodies again and are fine with not being with the people they were able to form bonds with. And if they were to do that, it doesn't mean everything they went through means nothing. It does mean something, because without all of the hardship, and without any of them trying to endure the hardship, they wouldn't even be where they are currently much less actually achieving their goals. If they're actually let out and get to live out their desires, then its a reward for their hard work. If not, its a slap in the face to them and to us for investing our time in seeing them struggle.

Who cares if they don't die? That's a word that's beginning to irk me when it comes to Kingdom Hearts: die. Everybody has to die, ugh. Erauqus died, and he served his purpose. Riku Replica died, and he served his purpose. The Organization members (that aren't Lea, Isa, or Braig) died, they all served their purpose. Roxas's and Namine's purpose is to show that Nobodies are Sombodies too, and they haven't accomplished that in the slightest. Roxas hasn't reunited with Lea or his Twilight Town friends. Namine hasn't fully restored her bond with Sora or reunited with Roxas, Lea, and Riku. They're both stuck in limbo and their entire character arcs are being wasted.

Also, what I meant with the cast is that Sora isn't Mr. I'm The Only One Who's Special anymore. The other characters have proved well enough that they play a big part in the storyline and help serve the messages that Kingdom Hearts tries to send and they can be put to use in KH3.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

What makes them great characters is that they refuse to be Nobodies, and the fact that they went through all their emotional turmoil just makes the idea of getting what they truly desire even more special. Not some half-baked scenario where they're just rendered as plain Nobodies again and are fine with not being with the people they were able to form bonds with. And if they were to do that, it doesn't mean everything they went through means nothing. It does mean something, because without all of the hardship, and without any of them trying to endure the hardship, they wouldn't even be where they are currently much less actually achieving their goals. If they're actually let out and get to live out their desires, then its a reward for their hard work. If not, its a slap in the face to them and to us for investing our time in seeing them struggle.

Who cares if they don't die? That's a word that's beginning to irk me when it comes to Kingdom Hearts: die. Everybody has to die, ugh. Erauqus died, and he served his purpose. Riku Replica died, and he served his purpose. The Organization members (that aren't Lea, Isa, or Braig) died, they all served their purpose. Roxas's and Namine's purpose is to show that Nobodies are Sombodies too, and they haven't accomplished that in the slightest. Roxas hasn't reunited with Lea or his Twilight Town friends. Namine hasn't fully restored her bond with Sora or reunited with Roxas, Lea, and Riku. They're both stuck in limbo and their entire character arcs are being wasted.

Also, what I meant with the cast is that Sora isn't Mr. I'm The Only One Who's Special anymore. The other characters have proved well enough that they play a big part in the storyline and help serve the messages that Kingdom Hearts tries to send and they can be put to use in KH3.

While I see you point, I agree with clatter411, I think their purpose was complete in KH2, and bringing them back is a mistake. Or is it? Well, in my opinion, if they can manage to create an scenario where they are useful to the story, I don't mind having them appear. But if it's just going to be like in DDD... no thanks. I mean, what was the point in DDD for Roxas and Xion appearing before Sora? Just to have a sad scene? Sora doesn't even know who Xion is, NOBODY does in fact. And the stuff with Roxas? I was like "Yeah, yeah, we know that you suffered a lot... You want Sora to feel sorry for you or what?"

Also, about the death topic. I also dislike death, especially in a game like this. If it's a symbolic death like Eraqus and Xion it's ok I guess, but to have one character die because someone has to die... I don't like that. But Roxas, Naminé and Xion, they are alive. And it's not like they're sobbing or anything. Like clatter411 said, at the end of KH2... they are smiling to each other, they are happy to be in their real bodies. And Xion's case... I prefer not saying much because I dislike the character, but I think she served her purpose.

What do you mean by "The Organization members (that aren't Lea, Isa, or Braig) died, they all served their purpose."? I wanted to talk about that too. First, they're not dead... Like the ones you mentioned they returned in DDD. And I was gonna say, Axel also died and served his purpose in KH2, but I think it's not bad that he returned. First, because it makes sense... I mean they said that if the Nobody and Heartless disappear the original self is reborn just to have Xehanort return, so it had to be applied with the others. Second, because they can be useful and interesting characters, especially since they were antagonists, but now they are different. I'm not fond of Lea having a keyblade, but again, if it becomes an important plotpoint in KH3, I'm ok with it.

But yeah, that's it, I mean right now we have no clue how these characters are going to be used in KH3. All we can do is hope that our personal theories are correct, but no one knows it. I don't care if Roxas, Naminé, Xion or whoever returns if they are going to be useful and will have some meaning in it. Just hope for a likeable story with a satisfying ending.

Edited by Moni_22

I think the whole Roxas, Namine, and Xion thing is just a difference of how we think the story should play out haha. Like I said earlier, I can't foresee this as a god thing. But Nomura ALWAYS surprises me and I'm sure he will come up with comething that satisfies me on that front.

As for the death thing., it's not about killing people off when they serve their purpose it's more about A. sticking to the story you established, and B. making the fights worthwhile (not the best way to say this). With A it's just things that we thought happened are sort of undone as with most of the character's endings. So for character's like the Organization where they come back after they die it sort of changes the story around. This is fine for a surprise once in a while, but it seems that it keeps happening and so there's this feeling (to me at least) that Nomura is continually changing the story cause he is dissatisfied. I don't actually think he thinks this, it's just the way these story changes feel. For B it's more about closure. the Organization members were great enemies, and when they were defeated it was this awesome accomplishment, but with everyone coming back it's sort of has this feeling of "Come on! I already did this!" Especially when you factor in the amount of "dead" characters that keep showing up. It also makes the game seem pointless in a sense. Like, we beat Ansem SOD in KH1 only for him to show up again in 3D. It's like "We went through all of that for nothing?!" The same thing with Xemnas. Like I said before this is okay if it were like one character or something, it would seem bad ass for a villain to do that. But when the villain and all of his incarnations come back it feels like we are back where we started almost.

Lastly, when was Sora the only one who was special after KH1? After that game Roxas, Riku, Xion, Ven, Terra, Aqua, Namine, and Axel have all appeared to sort of phase that out.

You and I just have different ideas for the story friend =P

While I see you point, I agree with clatter411, I think their purpose was complete in KH2, and bringing them back is a mistake. Or is it? Well, in my opinion, if they can manage to create an scenario where they are useful to the story, I don't mind having them appear. But if it's just going to be like in DDD... no thanks. I mean, what was the point in DDD for Roxas and Xion appearing before Sora? Just to have a sad scene? Sora doesn't even know who Xion is, NOBODY does in fact. And the stuff with Roxas? I was like "Yeah, yeah, we know that you suffered a lot... You want Sora to feel sorry for you or what?"

Also, about the death topic. I also dislike death, especially in a game like this. If it's a symbolic death like Eraqus and Xion it's ok I guess, but to have one character die because someone has to die... I don't like that. But Roxas, Naminé and Xion, they are alive. And it's not like they're sobbing or anything. Like clatter411 said, at the end of KH2... they are smiling to each other, they are happy to be in their real bodies. And Xion's case... I prefer not saying much because I dislike the character, but I think she served her purpose.

What do you mean by "The Organization members (that aren't Lea, Isa, or Braig) died, they all served their purpose."? I wanted to talk about that too. First, they're not dead... Like the ones you mentioned they returned in DDD. And I was gonna say, Axel also died and served his purpose in KH2, but I think it's not bad that he returned. First, because it makes sense... I mean they said that if the Nobody and Heartless disappear the original self is reborn just to have Xehanort return, so it had to be applied with the others. Second, because they can be useful and interesting characters, especially since they were antagonists, but now they are different. I'm not fond of Lea having a keyblade, but again, if it becomes an important plotpoint in KH3, I'm ok with it.

But yeah, that's it, I mean right now we have no clue how these characters are going to be used in KH3. All we can do is hope that our personal theories are correct, but no one knows it. I don't care if Roxas, Naminé, Xion or whoever returns if they are going to be useful and will have some meaning in it. Just hope for a likeable story with a satisfying ending.

I also wouldn't them to just sit around if they're brought back. Like I mentioned, most of them have Keyblades, meaning they can fight.

Just because their Nobody selves are dead does not mean they'll come back. We don't know what Heartless they spawned, and for all we know, all of them are high level bosses that haven't shown up yet. The only ones that even matter at this point are Lea, Isa, and Braig.

I think the whole Roxas, Namine, and Xion thing is just a difference of how we think the story should play out haha. Like I said earlier, I can't foresee this as a god thing. But Nomura ALWAYS surprises me and I'm sure he will come up with comething that satisfies me on that front.

As for the death thing., it's not about killing people off when they serve their purpose it's more about A. sticking to the story you established, and B. making the fights worthwhile (not the best way to say this). With A it's just things that we thought happened are sort of undone as with most of the character's endings. So for character's like the Organization where they come back after they die it sort of changes the story around. This is fine for a surprise once in a while, but it seems that it keeps happening and so there's this feeling (to me at least) that Nomura is continually changing the story cause he is dissatisfied. I don't actually think he thinks this, it's just the way these story changes feel. For B it's more about closure. the Organization members were great enemies, and when they were defeated it was this awesome accomplishment, but with everyone coming back it's sort of has this feeling of "Come on! I already did this!" Especially when you factor in the amount of "dead" characters that keep showing up. It also makes the game seem pointless in a sense. Like, we beat Ansem SOD in KH1 only for him to show up again in 3D. It's like "We went through all of that for nothing?!" The same thing with Xemnas. Like I said before this is okay if it were like one character or something, it would seem bad ass for a villain to do that. But when the villain and all of his incarnations come back it feels like we are back where we started almost.

Lastly, when was Sora the only one who was special after KH1? After that game Roxas, Riku, Xion, Ven, Terra, Aqua, Namine, and Axel have all appeared to sort of phase that out.

You and I just have different ideas for the story friend =P

Like I said, the Organization members sans Braig, Isa, and Lea are not confirmed to be back, and there is no proof that they could possibly be back at all. True, some of them might be apart of the 13 Darknesses, but until we actually know that, for now, their roles are defunct.

Let me re-iterate: Roxas, Namine, and Xion want to be their own people. "Sticking to the story" as you put it would be accomplishing that. They, along with Lea, are "The Ones Who Must Be Saved", remember? They can't be saved if they're not happy, and they'll only be happy if a) Roxas can be with Xion/Lea and his Twilight Town friends and vice versa and b) Namine can be with her friends and reestablish her relationship with Sora.

To counter what you said about death with a quote from Sora, I'll answer with a quote from Mickey: "Yeah! A fake! But he still had to be stopped." Plus, its not about how many times we beat Xehanort, its about how our main characters grow and what they learn. 

When I said that, I meant that Sora is always being clamored on for being the ONLY main character playable in KH3, i.e. going back to the standard Sora-Donald-Goofy formula, with maybe some Riku-Mickey segments due to the little details we know about the storyline. I disagree, considering we have characters like Roxas and Lea who could provide interesting/unique playstyles for us to mess around with.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

I also wouldn't them to just sit around if they're brought back. Like I mentioned, most of them have Keyblades, meaning they can fight.

Just because their Nobody selves are dead does not mean they'll come back. We don't know what Heartless they spawned, and for all we know, all of them are high level bosses that haven't shown up yet. The only ones that even matter at this point are Lea, Isa, and Braig.

What? xD Have you ever played DDD? Even, Ienzo, Dilan and Aeleus came back as well. We can also imagine that maybe Demyx, Marluxia, Luxord and Larxene's Somebodies came back as well, though as they must be in another world we may not see them.