Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

Walmart Display Shows What Amiibo are Compatible with Different Nintendo Games

Posted Image

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/walmart_display_shows_us_which_amiibo_are_compatible_with_mario_kart_8_and_more

Looks like the Link and Villager Amiibo won't work with Mario Kart. Oh well, glad to know Yoshi will (Even though he was a pretty obvious choice). Also, this is only for the first set, so there will still be other characters that will likely also work between multiple games.

what are amiibo?

They're figures that can be used in a few Wii U games (And one 3DS game at the moment) that work for different purposes. In Smash Bros, they can be used as a CPU character that grows in strength as you train it, and can be used for training or to team up with against other players (It's implied they'll be a lot smarter than standard CPUs).

I'm happy about that. I'm also excited that I can use the Kirby amiibo with Star Fox.

Dude, I know. It's almost as good as making Wii Fit Trainer usable in Xenoblade Chronicles X (when it comes out).

Dude, I know. It's almost as good as making Wii Fit Trainer usable in Xenoblade Chronicles X (when it comes out).

I can't wait to use her with Xenoblade, but I'll probably stick to Yoshi for that one.

I can't wait to use her with Xenoblade, but I'll probably stick to Yoshi for that one.

Guys, guys. We all know that the best thing we'll be able to do is to use Mewtwo in Pikmin 3. Seriously.

I wonder what they'll do in other games, I hope the Toon Link one ends up alright. Also, be sure to grab ones you really want. Nintendo has confirmed that some amiibo will be limited to a certain time. Once they're gone, your only chance will be to spend way more for them on ebay or something. Pretty sure the whole first 12 will remain available at all times, seeing how they hold importance to many more things than Smash alone. Characters like Duck Hunt may be a one time thing.

I wonder what they'll do in other games, I hope the Toon Link one ends up alright. Also, be sure to grab ones you really want. Nintendo has confirmed that some amiibo will be limited to a certain time. Once they're gone, your only chance will be to spend way more for them on ebay or something. Pretty sure the whole first 12 will remain available at all times, seeing how they hold importance to many more things than Smash alone. Characters like Duck Hunt may be a one time thing.

I'm thinking characters like Pit and Marth will also stay on the shelves. My guess is that the really popular characters will stay on sale, but characters like Ness or Shulk will be limited. Of course, since they're acting like this has to do with shelf space, I wonder if online retailers will still sell them?