Best Allies in KH?

20 members have voted

1. 1. Donald and Goofy

• Donald and Goofy
    • Terra, Aqua and Ventus
    • Dream Eaters
    • Alone
    • Cards

I'm... not really sure what your criteria for allies are, in this case? It sounds like you're saying story-based non-Disney allies, but even then, there are some omissions...

Regardless, going it alone is generally easier, although having targets that aren't you can be nice.

It is either your question wasn't clear, or the list lacks a lot of options. But in either ways I will answer:

I chose both "Donald and Goofy" and "Terra, Ventus and Master Aqua":

- Donald and Goofy were very helpful, especially Goofy because he always save me when I am out of MP in KH1 and he got a strong trinity attack "Knocksmash", which really gives a lot of damage to it's opponent in KHII.
As for Donald he wasn't bad at healing, true he pisses me off sometimes but I should admit that his healing sometimes were a relief.
- Terra, Ventus and Master Aqua were strong in BBS, whoever the two that become allies with me, they really decreases the opponent's HP fast, which helps me sometimes if my level was low. They would swiftly attack and in a blink they end a whole bar from the opponent's HP which is pretty amazing and helpful. 
- I didn't choose Dream Eaters because they sucks, honestly I am totally a hater of Dream Eaters and this is my perspective because of a lot of things.
- Being alone was preferable in 3D actually but it was not that helpful to be chosen, it's just..normal, I mean not helpful or burden.

- The cards were helpful too but not as much as my choices.

Edited by Master Keeper

The people who don't think Donald and Goofy are useful clearly never used Fantasia or Knocksmash. Because let me tell you, Demyx used to give me trouble, until me and my buddy Goofy curbstomped him into a puddle. Also, I must be the only one who has never had a problem with Donald curing him. If he has MP, he'll do it, and if you look at his MP bar and see that it's empty, you take the initiative to heal yourself.

- Donald and Goofy can be pretty useful if you use them correctly, the only complaint about Donald is that he heals you when you just heal yourself.

- Aqua/Terra/Ventus (from the sequences they are in as partners anyway) seem to be quite strong, so they are quite helpful by default.

- Dream Eaters can be useful when used right, more importantly the link attacks. Since most are invincible during the link attacks (as well as you) they can save you when you are near death OR help with the final blow whilst you’re at 1HP.

- The cards are only useful when used in sleights, I used quite a few cloud cards in my decks and it helped me speed through the game.