Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
IsaTheTroll

The reason I think people seem to have trouble with Demyx and Xaldin.

Before I start, I didn't decide to make this thread to brag about my skills. Please, don't take it the wrong way. I am just making an assumption as to why you can see many people complaining how hard these bosses are and how it's easier to beat them.First of all, be ready before you are about to fight one of these two. Difficulty plays a big role as well. I played on Proud and I didn't have difficulty beating these bosses. Why? Well, while I have played a lot of Kingdom Hearts, what matters the most is that I visited the other worlds first. Which means, I leveled up a lot in any possible way, bought accessories etc. Oh, also using drives is a mechanic of the game. I didn't forget about that. And... Abilities, people. Unlock as many as you can and learn which are better to use AP on.Yeah, I know this thread is extremely short, but that's pretty much it. Have faith on what you can do and be always ready.

Edited by IsaTheTroll

no matter how many times I beat kh2 I always die at least once on those bosses.and I play on Proud.cant wait for Crital. Proud feels to easy for kh2

no matter how many times I beat kh2 I always die at least once on those bosses.and I play on Proud.cant wait for Crital. Proud feels to easy for kh2

Yeah, it sure is. KH1's Normal IS HARDER than KH2's Proud.

Edited by IsaTheTroll

I tend to forget about the drives. I use them when I'm really having trouble.

It feels like a kind of last resort, which makes it epic in my head.

I know. Using Drives too much makes them look like something you can use anytime you want.

Er... your big tip is to level up?

Thanks?

The reason people struggle with Demyx and Xaldin is because they have quick and huge attacks, as well as multiple moves that they use regularly that render them invincible. They're in general much more strategic fights than anything else in KH2 besides secret bosses

Thanks?

The reason people struggle with Demyx and Xaldin is because they have quick and huge attacks, as well as multiple moves that they use regularly that render them invincible. They're in general much more strategic fights than anything else in KH2 besides secret bosses

My tip isn't just to level up. It's level up while on other worlds except for Hollow Bastion or Beast's Castle. That way, grinding doesn't become monotonous or boring. People forget about the other worlds they can level up on.

When you level up, you'll truly see how much faster you can deal with coughdancewaterdancemeetthefaceofdespaircough.

Edited by IsaTheTroll

Thanks?

I don't think they're that strong though...

Yeah, but many people do. Just check some KH2 videos about these two characters. THE RAGE ON THE COMMENTS SECTION IS REAL.

they're not strong, they're hard to hit. Xaldin even has an attack that can be unavoidable if you don't have aerial dodge and are in the wrong place

they're not strong, they're hard to hit. Xaldin even has an attack that can be unavoidable if you don't have aerial dodge and are in the wrong place

To be honest, I threw some swears while trying to dodge that.

Um...no, they just don't use the strategy laid out before them. Demyx wasn't difficult, his stupid water clones were a pain in the ass and that was just as a child. I dun have any problems now and I even play on a default Proud run every time. Xaldin used to get me with all the stuff he had, but it's simply just a means of lack of dodging and reflect. Literally, there is no need to level up, it's just the lack of using techniques and strategies because some people like to overlook the difficulty of the game. It isn't any less different than KH1. In fact they both have similar difficulties. As a child it may seem different, but now, there's no difference. In all honesty, they're way too easy for me, maybe because I've played them tons of times over the year. My first time fighting Unknown on the Final Mix was literally nothing more than mashing the attack command. There isn't a needed strategy for it at all. KH2 has bosses that make you think and use your defenses more often. Plus they have a good camera that actually works right.

Also, Xaldin's so-called unavoidable attack can be dodged by grabbing a corner that he can't hit, or just using reflect as it passes by you.

Edited by Hero of Winds

Um...no, they just don't use the strategy laid out before them. Demyx wasn't difficult, his stupid water clones were a pain in the ass and that was just as a child. I dun have any problems now and I even play on a default Proud run every time. Xaldin used to get me with all the stuff he had, but it's simply just a means of lack of dodging and reflect. Literally, there is no need to level up, it's just the lack of using techniques and strategies because some people like to overlook the difficulty of the game. It isn't any less different than KH1. In fact they both have similar difficulties. As a child it may seem different, but now, there's no difference. In all honesty, they're way too easy for me, maybe because I've played them tons of times over the year. My first time fighting Unknown on the Final Mix was literally nothing more than mashing the attack command. There isn't a needed strategy for it at all. KH2 has bosses that make you think and use your defenses more often. Plus they have a good camera that actually works right.

Also, Xaldin's so-called unavoidable attack can be dodged by grabbing a corner that he can't hit, or just using reflect as it passes by you.

if you're using eflect in KH2 you might as well be watching a video on youtube because you're not really 'playing' the game at that point

if you're using eflect in KH2 you might as well be watching a video on youtube because you're not really 'playing' the game at that point

Oh yeah, what makes you say that a defensive magic that was put there for its use is not really playing the game? 

People have problems with Xaldin and Demyx because they are basically the only bosses in KH2 that requires you to play in defense or to be tactic and you can't just mash X to kill them.

Even in easy you must manually remove Xaldin shield, and remember that the last demyx clone must be killed with a fire or a final attack. And all the people that say that KH is super easy and you can just mash X to win, face a boss where you need to do something different

Oh yeah, what makes you say that a defensive magic that was put there for its use is not really playing the game? 

reflect breaks KH2 on such a fundamental level that you're not really interacting with the game anymore

reflect breaks KH2 on such a fundamental level that you're not really interacting with the game anymore

That's bullshit. You do realize what you're saying right now has no sense put into it. It's just you being an ass because you feel the need to.

That's bullshit. You do realize what you're saying right now has no sense put into it. It's just you being an ass because you feel the need to.

...if that's what you want to think

I'm just saying, something's gotta be wrong here if you're saying that something, that even the best KH players use in their strategies, is game breaking.

the best KH players use it BECAUSE it's broken. That makes it the best strategy