Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

The Legend of Korra game reviews

the negativity is REALLY overhyped

It's a bit bland, but really solid overall, no glaring falws really. Nothing amazing either, but certainly not the worst thing Avatar related like some people are saying

Good to hear. I'll pick it up on sale at some point.

i played it and honestlt, i liked!

it is not the best game ever ok, but for 15e it's pretty cool!

the 4 bending styles are really different and fun, the fights are fluid, the graphics are okay.

i think the are too harsh with it.

I'm huge ATLA/TLoK fan and had hopes and worries for this game. So far I have to conclude with that the story is strange and poorly executed but with a cool villain. I find it strange how this story goes on for at least three weeks whereas the intro for Book 3 claimed there was only a two weeks gap between Book 2 and 3. I find it unrealistic for Korra, Mako and Bolin to return back to pro-bending. Equalists working alongside Triple Threat Triad seem highly unlikely. The Equalists agreeing to working with benders and the Republic City mafia still insisting on attacking the Avatar despite the fact that most of Republic City's citizens saw her battle against UnaVaatu. What a poor story.

The gameplay seems awfully generic and the graphic while not bad ain't nothing to brag about either. It doesn't seem PS4 and Xone worthy but I guess they just wanted to spread it out so more people would buy it. Also its way too short.

All of this is just based on watching the gameplay and all the cutscenes. I don't think anything will change my opinions but I still intend to buy it and try it for myself. I'm glad it exists however. Means the shows popular. Also, GameSpot comparing it with the movie seems inappropriate.

Edited by JTD95

IGN always rates Platinum's games bad, it's nothing to stress over. It's actually an amazing game.

They gave Bayonetta 2 a 9.5, Metal Gear Rising Revengance a 8.5, and Wonderful 101 a 7.4 so not always. But for real, for a $15, IGN shouldn't give it a lot of expectation like a $60 game. I really love how it looks and how the game plays.

There have been a fair amount of bad reviews, which is a shame. I thought we were finally over the "licensing = flawed" stigma, but this looks to not help.

From what I can tell, there are basically two trains of thought; one is "competent beat-em-up that disappoints as a licensed title" or "poor platformer elevated only by the pedigree of the designers and the theme". The former, which is much in the vein of Destructoid's review (7/10) seems to be more on the money for a 15 dollar donwloadable title. I'll certainly pick it up at some point, though with Freedom Wars around the corner, this one will probably have to wait for a sale.

Good to hear. I'll pick it up on sale at some point.

That IGN review is completely wrong. They expected some great masterpiece, when in reality it is a 14.99$ rushed game. And under that classification, it's pretty good. 

That IGN review is completely wrong. They expected some great masterpiece, when in reality it is a 14.99$ rushed game. And under that classification, it's pretty good. 

Aang, I was talking about reviews in general. GameSpot compared it to that live action movie.

Aang, I was talking about reviews in general. GameSpot compared it to that live action movie.

Check out my review of the game for an unbiased, true review.