Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
somedayhunchback

How far into development do you think KH3 is?

Not far at all, considering last interview they were discussing basic plot points and world selection

honestly E3 2015 is probably the point where they'll have enough done that they would actually announce the game, had it been something other than KH3

I have said this many a time: Pre-Alpha Stages. 

Judging by the gameplay, the fact that Sora is in his KH2 Outfit, the lack of Info and such: KH3 is in it's Pre-Alpha Stage, it's barely far along, it's not even at the Starting Line yet.

Well Normura is selecting the Disney worlds, Sora's and Riku's outfits have been designed and I think finalized, the beginning dialogue has been shown, Sora's mobility has been getting some adjustment...

I'd say about 13%. :/

Edited by Gamerazor247

Honestly they haven't shown anything substantial since the gameplay we saw was nothing more than a pre rendered trailer using the kingdom shader, so we can't judge it just yet but i would say 5% considering they revising with the unreal engine 4 at this point.

I think Nomura has the general idea of what he wants to the story to be and is starting to get into the details of it all, but other than that I don't think there is much there. I will not be surprised if we don't see anything KH3 related at any game show next year.

About their 1st and a half year. LOL. X)

Seriously though, I'd say that they're still trying to build the gameplay, but everything planned at this point is mostly conceptual. They're working on trying to finalize ideas and then try to render and bring them to life on the actual game engine. So they aren't that far enough to have anything special to show for it, but they are well along their way. Given another or maybe even a few months, they might have a new gameplay video to show off, depending on how much work they got to put into it. Remember how the gameplay for Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance evolved over time with each new trailer? It's pretty much like that. It's not like they've been working on this for 5 years though. In that time, Nomura came up with a general idea about what he wanted to make, he was writing story scenarios while working on Dream Drop Distance, and only last year have they actually started on creating gameplay and models. By this point, most of the stuff you probably expected to have already been shown by now like concept art, gameplay trailers and cutscenes, they're currently working on. The process isn't as quick as you'd think it would be, it's actually quite arduous, especially when dealing with new technology. Right now, they're still in the beginning stages, but if you wanted a number, I'd say they are probably about 15-30% done with KH3, as a whole. It'll take a while to get it further completed, so hang in there.  <3

Restoration at 15%(Sorry, couldn't help it xD)

LOL good one, princess xP EDIT TWTD sorry, for some reason i was thinking you where princesshearts25 LOL

anyway i thing they have some only some idea, nothing serious like a whole world complete, but something like some new skill, possibily plot/boss, discuss which worlds can be good, etc.... aka: the base of the base xD

Edited by Aros

I personally think that Kingdom Hearts III is around 20 to 30% complete.  These things take time, and I'm guessing that in two years time, they'll have probably reached 80% completion, and then in the final year of development, we'd be getting even more info regarding the game's progress, which would eventually lead to my suspected 2017 release of the game.  So yes, for now, I think that the game is 30% complete.  Once they have everything done in terms of story, gameplay and character models, they'll start to work on mapping out the game worlds, enemies, etc. :)

They just switched engines and are working on their assets off of that. Nomura was fortunate they weren't even far into it

I think Yasue lied in his interviews regarding KH3 development, game hasn't even reached Alpha. Hopefully Square can finish off FFXV quickly so they can throw manpower at making KH3 go by fast because it is clear Osaka can't do it on their own regardless of past history of making handheld pseudo PS2 KH graphics in two years or less.

Edited by jadentheman

We'll be lucky if they're 10% into the development of KHIII. 15% is an absolute push. Worlds are still being picked, they've only just moved to a new, stronger, more unknown engine, they are still working out the scenario, they are still working on gameplay.

Fair to say, I've stated my point.