Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
FerroAxel7

Final Fantasy/Disney?

Have you ever wondered why people describe Kingdom Hearts as a Disney and Final Fantasy love child? The FF characters have a very limited role in the series. Cloud pops up occasionally. Yuffie has like six lines in the whole series. The Sephiroth boss battles are engaging but you hardly learn anything from him, especially in KH1.

I think Nomura needs to establish a FF world in KH3 to make the FF presence more pungent. Not to mention the FF characters HARDLY contact the Disney personnel for anything. Merlin teaming up with Leon and the gang is about the only time Disney and FF connect. Sure they fought at Radiant Garden. But even then, Disney and FF teams were separated.

What world can Nomura use in KH3?

I'd love Cocoon, Spira or Midgar worlds. But it would be very hard to do properly.

Plus a lot of FF players would be thrilled to revisit a FF7 world. With the Unreal Engine? (breathes heavily) 

Edited by FerroAxel7

It's a love child for more reasons than just having content from both series. The very fact that its developed by square means that the original content of the game is heavily influenced by their work in Final Fantasy. 

Influenced, yes. I fell in love with the newly implemented combat system, though. Turn based grew a little dull after a while. I'm glad they could do more. 

Because the mechanics are a little like FF, as is the "Epic quest for a noble cause" thing

Aren't most RPGs based on that belief? Hahaha. If you mean the Disney aspect coinciding with FF gameplay, I can see that being true in a sense. 

Totally agree with you FF characters are too limited, in KH3 i would like to see a Cocoon or Ivalice world or at least maybe a Dissidia arena

Fun fact: Dissidia was once planned as a Kingdom Hearts spin-off but Disney turned down the idea of the characters fighting each other. Go figure xD

Again, very hard to do properly. I'd just ask for more FF characters and more involvement with them.

Lightning would be a very adjustable character to expand on. Add in Snow and Fang and that's a worthy party already. An Aqua/Lightning confrontation would make me soil myself with excitement. 

I think a world based on Final Fantasy IV would be really interesting, since it follows similar themes to the KH series (Light vs Dark, betrayal and redemption, etc.), but I know Nomura doesn't give a crap about any FF game before VII.

I think a world based on Final Fantasy IV would be really interesting, since it follows similar themes to the KH series (Light vs Dark, betrayal and redemption, etc.), but I know Nomura doesn't give a crap about any FF game before VII.

Ya never know. I didn't think Zack Fair would end up in BBS. Then again, all worlds in FF prior to 7 are 8-bit.

I don't mean storywise! I mean literally 8-bit graphics haha that would be a nightmare to create. But I'd love to see it. 

Edited by FerroAxel7

Ya never know. I didn't think Zack Fair would end up in BBS. Then again, all worlds in FF prior to 7 are 8-bit.

Actually, FFIV-VI are all 16-bit. Also, Zack Fair was from Crisis Core, which was a really popular game on the same system as BBS. It's not too surprising that he showed up. Square seems to want to forget the Nintendo-era game outside of android and iOS remakes, so I highly doubt we'll get any of them in KH, aside from Setzer's horrible cameo.

Actually, FFIV-VI are all 16-bit. Also, Zack Fair was from Crisis Core, which was a really popular game on the same system as BBS. It's not too surprising that he showed up. Square seems to want to forget the Nintendo-era game outside of android and iOS remakes, so I highly doubt we'll get any of them in KH, aside from Setzer's horrible cameo.

8-bit, 16-bit. Still a challenge to re-create. Crisis Core was one of my favorite FF games. Zack is my freakin hero. 

Setzer was laughably useless xD He had two lines signifying his cowardice.

8-bit, 16-bit. Still a challenge to re-create. Crisis Core was one of my favorite FF games. Zack is my freakin hero. 

Setzer was laughably useless xD He had two lines signifying his cowardice.

Well, they did make a 3D remake for FFIV. They also have 3D models from Dissidia. They could probably manage to make a world using the basics they have from the DS version of the game. As for Crisis Core... Yeah, I really like that one, too. I didn't play it until after BBS though, so I've never really had a character I wanted in KH ever make it in.

How Setzer went from a gambling pilot to a grown man participating in a kids' tournament is a mystery I don't think anyone will solve.

Well, they did make a 3D remake for FFIV. They also have 3D models from Dissidia. They could probably manage to make a world using the basics they have from the DS version of the game. As for Crisis Core... Yeah, I really like that one, too. I didn't play it until after BBS though, so I've never really had a character I wanted in KH ever make it in.

How Setzer went from a gambling pilot to a grown man participating in a kids' tournament is a mystery I don't think anyone will solve.

Disney already said they don't want anything to do with Dissidia. They can't be involved. So it looks like we'll have to start from scratch. Though I have to say it would shave a good six months off the waiting list if they just used worlds from FFX or FFXIII. 

To be fair, most Final Fantasy games revolve around Light and Darkness, or at least polar opposites.

To be fair, most Final Fantasy games revolve around Light and Darkness, or at least polar opposites.

Don't forget Star Wars. 

Batman v. Superman will touch up on those aspects as well. 

It's a popular story plot. 

Disney already said they don't want anything to do with Dissidia. They can't be involved. So it looks like we'll have to start from scratch. Though I have to say it would shave a good six months off the waiting list if they just used worlds from FFX or FFXIII. 

I meant that more in the sense that they could use the Dissidia models as a base to make new ones, not necessarily port them over. It would make things easier on them. I suppose it would be quicker to go with a world from a more popular FF game, but I'd personally be fine waiting a little longer to see an older FF game get proper representation.

FFIV made it a lot more important than the other ones I've played. Cecil's story is actually incredibly similar to Riku's, and I'd love to see the two interact with each other.

I think an FFXV world is a high possibility. The time he takes off from the actual FFXV project is probably more than enough to craft the Kingdom of Lucis.

But that's wish full thinking on my part.

It's not about "doesn't give a crap", most of the characters that appeared in KH were drawn by Nomura himself and he wasn't a character designer back before FFVII.

Have you ever wondered why people describe Kingdom Hearts as a Disney and Final Fantasy love child? The FF characters have a very limited role in the series. Cloud pops up occasionally. Yuffie has like six lines in the whole series. The Sephiroth boss battles are engaging but you hardly learn anything from him, especially in KH1.

I think Nomura needs to establish a FF world in KH3 to make the FF presence more pungent. Not to mention the FF characters HARDLY contact the Disney personnel for anything. Merlin teaming up with Leon and the gang is about the only time Disney and FF connect. Sure they fought at Radiant Garden. But even then, Disney and FF teams were separated.

What world can Nomura use in KH3?

Zack, Cloud and Auron made contact with Olympus Coliseum characters, Aerith with Donald and Goofy, Leon and King Mickey. But you're right, the contacts were countable.

Why Disney it could have been such an awesome game it's really ridiculous that Disney never tries something new anymore when it comes to games is it really that dangerous to have disney character battle like that Disney you killjoy

I'm surprised to see how many of you actually want a FF world. I can't see it working at all. The FF characters in Kingdom Hearts already have their own worlds (Twilight town, Destiny Islands and Radiant Garden) and the characters are the Kingdom Hearts versions of them, not the real ones. I do agree that they need a bit more story but we don't need a FF world for that. Besides there have been only Disney worlds so far and I think it should stay that way. This is Kingdom Hearts, not Final Fantasy.

If you really want to play in MIdgar then go play FF7.