Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

Ubisoft Explains why Assassin's Creed Unity Won't Come to Wii U

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/wed_be_cheating_fans_by_bringing_assassins_creed_unity_to_wii_u_says_ubisoft

I don't care about Assassin's Creed, but the title caught my attention. Looks like Ubisoft is continuing to ignore the Wii U and coming up with made up excuses to make themselves not look bad. Considering the other recent comments they've made about the Wii U, I bet they're still whining about whatever it is that made them hate it in the first place.

I'll give you a better reason: The only games that should be on WiiU are Nintendo games. Or Bayonetta. 

Games like Assassin's Creed just don't fit on the console, in my opinion, and not just because it's a Rated M game on an otherwise family-friendly system. 

Edited by Kaweebo

I'll give you a better reason: The only games that should be on WiiU are Nintendo games. Or Bayonetta.  Games like Assassin's Creed just don't fit on the console, in my opinion, and not just because it's a Rated M game on an otherwise family-friendly system.

Well, I have an alternate opinion. It's a game system. Who care about what games "fit" on it? Content is content. Thinking something dosen't "belong" on a system is like saying that the content dosen't deserve to go to a system.b there may have been some people who love the AC series, bud didn't find the PS4/XBO to be worthwhile gaming choices, seeing as the Wii U had more games to which they want to play. It shouldn't be that because a game seems unusual on a system that it shouldn't exist. It limits our lybrary and remove otherwise available content.

It ironic because The game is called UNITY and the developer/publisher is called UBISOFT and they won't put it on the Wii U...

Maybe that's what the U Stands for... Wii Ubi... Wii Unity... Wii 2... The world may never KNOW!!

You see how third party devs are shooting themselves in the head and stopping themselves from growing a install base on Nintendo consoles then saying its the fans fault :

After last gen the install base on Nintendo console for non-Nintendo games shrink after the PS2 era, so instead of trying to increase it this gen they are just simply giving up and taking the easy route. In order to increase future sales on Nintendo platforms they have to show the fans that actually care about them instead of blaming on Wii U sales or fanbase.

They make enough anyways from the other versions of games , so the whole " Nintendo needs to sell more consoles" excuse gets thrown out of the water. Lets just face the fact that all third party devs hate Nintendo platforms ( especially the Wii U). Its not going to change overnight, its not going to change at the end of the Wii U life cycle and even Nintendo's next gen console might face the same issues. This isn't all third parties fault but one side has to give eventually. ( its more then likely going to be Nintendo). If they didn't have to compete with Nintendo for software sales then maybe their attitude towards Nintendo would change  

What was their excuse again for not bringing Assassin's Creed Rouge to the Wii U again

Edited by MasterRoxas13

What's with all the people demanding games for the Wii U?

Gamers want games to play. People want the Wii U because the other consoles don't appeal to them. Wii U has very little 3rd party aid from popular series, which 3rd party shouldn't be the main thing you consider in buying a console, however it still should be considered at least a little.

It doesn't fit in, as if. Who gives a firetruck if it fits in or not, the fact is some 3rd parties are giving the cold shoulder (won't count the ones who have legitimate reasons), then blame the fans for it. A load of bullshit and Watch Dogs will be the most obvious example. 

Well, I have an alternate opinion.

It's a game system. Who care about what games "fit" on it? Content is content. Thinking something dosen't "belong" on a system is like saying that the content dosen't deserve to go to a system.b there may have been some people who love the AC series, bud didn't find the PS4/XBO to be worthwhile gaming choices, seeing as the Wii U had more games to which they want to play. It shouldn't be that because a game seems unusual on a system that it shouldn't exist. It limits our lybrary and remove otherwise available content.

Posted Image

It doesn't fit in, as if. Who gives a firetruck if it fits in or not, the fact is some 3rd parties are giving the cold shoulder (won't count the ones who have legitimate reasons), then blame the fans for it. A load of bullshit and Watch Dogs will be the most obvious example. 

Posted Image

Cookie recieved.

I'll give you a better reason: The only games that should be on WiiU are Nintendo games. Or Bayonetta. 

Games like Assassin's Creed just don't fit on the console, in my opinion, and not just because it's a Rated M game on an otherwise family-friendly system. 

So because it's Nintendo, the Wii U can ONLY have Nintendo games on it? That's some really close-minded thinking. Maybe some people like the Wii U more than the other consoles, and don't want to have to pay a ton of money just to play a couple other games?

What's with all the people demanding games for the Wii U?

Maybe it's because some of us like the Wii U, and are sick of developers treating us like crap because they don't like the system for not having absolutely amazing graphics? I don't care for a lot of recent third party games, but I do believe that my fellow Wii U owners should get to play these games, as well.

You see how third party devs are shooting themselves in the head and stopping themselves from growing a install base on Nintendo consoles then saying its the fans fault :

After last gen the install base on Nintendo console for non-Nintendo games shrink after the PS2 era, so instead of trying to increase it this gen they are just simply giving up and taking the easy route. In order to increase future sales on Nintendo platforms they have to show the fans that actually care about them instead of blaming on Wii U sales or fanbase.

They make enough anyways from the other versions of games , so the whole " Nintendo needs to sell more consoles" excuse gets thrown out of the water. Lets just face the fact that all third party devs hate Nintendo platforms ( especially the Wii U). Its not going to change overnight, its not going to change at the end of the Wii U life cycle and even Nintendo's next gen console might face the same issues. This isn't all third parties fault but one side has to give eventually. ( its more then likely going to be Nintendo). If they didn't have to compete with Nintendo for software sales then maybe their attitude towards Nintendo would change  

What was their excuse again for not bringing Assassin's Creed Rouge to the Wii U again

I missed their excuse for that one, but I bet it was customers, knowing them. Why is it that third party companies are willing to easily jump at their own fans and put all of the blame on them in these situations?

Also, it's not helping that Ubisoft sets their Wii U games up for failure so they can keep making the same excuses. Smash Bros is looking to be released the same day as Watch Dogs on Wii U, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was an intentional move on Ubisoft's part.

I also think it's ironic that they used to be the one third party company that supported Wii U, and now they're the ones who bash it the most.

I swear Ubisoft is like that one girl who talks mess about her ex- boyfriend due to the fact that he doesn't have money like he use too so they break up but deep down she wants to get back with him

But until then she is going to talk sh!t about him to her boy toys , Sony and Microsoft.  

Ubsoft are full of dumb- not even going to finish that word.

And yet ACIII and Black Flag are on the Wii U. I'm calling bullshit.

ACIII was one of the reason why i want a WiiU. i saw the trailer and gameplay and i thought it was awesome.

Strange considering the PS4 version is being downscaled to accommodate the X1 version. Unity I can understand not being on Wii U, we just have to deal with the fact that big flagship titles on the PS4/X1 just won't be released in large portions on Wii U.

However, it doesn't explain why Rogue isn't on Wii U as III & IV were on it. Welp I guess Ubisoft gonna be Ubisoft.