Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Vox

BBS Vol 2 became KH3D?

Well we all know at the time BBS Vol. 2 was revealed from the secret ending of BBSFM, it was shortly stated by Nomura as a game with a story but no plans to make it, or something to that extent.

Well look what was in the secret ending, time travel elements, Xemnas and Ansem the Seeker of Darkness, TAV, RXA, all these elements and concepts. 

All of those concepts made their way into DDD. 

I know I'm probably years late on this, but I never really seen discussion on this before.

Do you guys also believe BBS Vol. 2 became DDD?

Nomura himself answers this :

When we were discussing in the Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Ultimania, you mentioned that there were 2 new Kingdom Hearts titles other than Kingdom Hearts III coming up. One coming out in 2010, and one more being announced in 2011. It seems the title releasing in 2010 was Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, but what about the other one? Were you referring to Kingdom Hearts 3D or Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix?Nomura: No, at the time of that interview I intended to hint toward a different project. However, focusing my energy on Kingdom Hearts 3D and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix comes first. Since a new Secret Episode is revealed in the Birth By Sleep Final Mix, I definitely want it to be seen. I think when you see it you�ll be excited for future developments.

At the end of the secret movie for KHBBSFM, an interesting message that said ‘Birth by Sleep -Volume Two’ appeared. Is there a chance that a KHBBS2 will be appearing?

Nomura: It seems that many people thought that, but during that movie there were the words ‘A fragmentary passage’, weren’t there? That means a ‘bits and pieces of something whole’. In short, a story for ‘Volume Two’ exists that ought to be told, but the story cuts off with those scenes. Because of that, I won’t say there is absolutely no chance that we will produce a title to follow KHBBS , but there are no plans as of now.

— In an interview in the KH Days Ultimania, you said ‘I’m thinking of a mystery KH that made the producer go “what??”‘. Was that KH3D?

Nomura: No, it wasn’t. I originally planned to make that after KHBBS, but we ended up making KH3D and the project was stopped. It’s a shame, but we won’t be starting that project again.

The problem with all of that is that those statements were way too vague. Now I have absolutely no idea what to think he is talking about. xP

The problem with all of that is that those statements were way too vague. Now I have absolutely no idea what to think he is talking about. xP

He was saying that BBS V2 was a different game than DDD and that the project was stopped.There still is a story to be told but no plans to make it.He won't rule it out forever though. Also he says it again in this part by saying that they decided to make DDD instead.

— In an interview in the KH Days Ultimania, you said ‘I’m thinking of a mystery KH that made the producer go “what??”‘. Was that KH3D?

Nomura: No, it wasn’t. I originally planned to make that after KHBBS, but we ended up making KH3D and the project was stopped. It’s a shame, but we won’t be starting that project again.