Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Master X-BLADE

KH3D No Frollo Boss...

Um, how exactly would that have worked? Really all he did was chase people up a cathedral and then tried to slash them with a sword and push them off some flaming gargoyles, thereby "condemning them to hell". It doesn't make for that much of an interesting boss fight. I think it worked best the way it did in DDD where he simply summons a monster for you to fight while the rest of the movie plays out the way you remember it. He was much more of a manipulative villain, and he's not that physical of a man either. Characters like Scar and Clayton are actually built to fight, he just sort of did what was within his range. Even if he is evil, I wouldn't feel right just flying all over the place and beating up an old man who can't even do half of the things I can do. I'd rather fight the monster that's a bigger threat and let Quasimodo deal with his villain. It's much more satisfying that way.

Um, how exactly would that have worked? Really all he did was chase people up a cathedral and then tried to slash them with a sword and push them off some flaming gargoyles, thereby "condemning them to hell". It doesn't make for that much of an interesting boss fight. I think it worked best the way it did in DDD where he simply summons a monster for you to fight while the rest of the movie plays out the way you remember it. He was much more of a manipulative villain, and he's not that physical of a man either. Characters like Scar and Clayton are actually built to fight, he just sort of did what was within his range. Even if he is evil, I wouldn't feel right just flying all over the place and beating up an old man who can't even do half of the things I can do. I'd rather fight the monster that's a bigger threat and let Quasimodo deal with his villain. It's much more satisfying that way.

Well, he could have been possessed by the powers of Darkness, giving him "a gift from God" in his POV. Like Scar was

LIke Clayton and Stealth Sneak? That would have been awesome

yeah mate you got the idea xP well that gargoyle was pretty strong with riku if i don't remember wrong, most for the mid aired fight (damn i have to replay it some time, i need a refresh for the memory)

well some power KH-ish could fit well, like some magic or a barrier too..... a sort of jafar :)

Well, he could have been possessed by the powers of Darkness, giving him "a gift from God" in his POV. Like Scar was

I still can't see the motivation for any special abilities though. The abilities Scar had were based off of things from the movie. He could use lightning because there was a thunder storm, he could use fire because there was fire everywhere in that scene, he could use darkness because...he was possessed by darkness, and he also has his natural lion agility, speed, and strength on slightly amplified levels. Frollo really didn't physically do much more than what I had described earlier, it was a much more "human" or "normal" way of fighting someone, which actually made it much more intense. Some things have been done in the past that I do question though, like why Clayton can jump just as high as Captain Hook when Hook was much more cartoony than Clayton and Clayton was, again, a bit more of a "realistic" villain, but that was an older game and I'm not about to go into a huge nit-pick with that. But just because those things were done with those characters doesn't mean that it works with every villain. Frollo had enough power just by summoning Dreameaters and then doing the same thing he did in the movie, having the soldiers and the Dreameater destroy the city with fire. I guess if you had to involve him in the fight in some way, there could be periods where you have to interrupt him from killing Esmerelda and Quasimodo with a reaction command or something and focusing most of your attention on the Dreameater, but really, I think the bosses for that world were just fine on their own as they were.

I don't see Frollo as being a physical villain. Sure, he runs around the cathedral at the end of Hunchback with a sword, but he's more of a manipulator. He uses underhanded tactics to get his way and he's extremely petty. He's sort of like Lady Tremaine (the Evil Stepmother) in Cinderella. Not necessary as a boss.

And, to be honest, I feel like he'd evoke too much of Maleficent as the 'SUPREME RULER OF DAAAARKKNESSSS'. 

Edited by Kaweebo

yeah mate you got the idea xP well that gargoyle was pretty strong with riku if i don't remember wrong, most for the mid aired fight (damn i have to replay it some time, i need a refresh for the memory)

well some power KH-ish could fit well, like some magic or a barrier too..... a sort of jafar :)

But Jafar actually became a sorcerer in Aladdin at one point, so him having magic actually makes sense. That's what I mean about fitting with what the movie gave them. Just because Oggie Boggie is in Kingdom Hearts, it wouldn't make sense if Oggie just cast Firaga on you because he never used magic in the movie. It makes more sense if he has exploding dice or a trap door filled with lava because it fits his character well. These kinds of details are crucial when building a boss based off of another product, which is why I love it when Square does little things like that in Kingdom Hearts. Frollo doesn't "need" a boss battle because it was handled just fine the way it was.

But Jafar actually became a sorcerer in Aladdin at one point, so him having magic actually makes sense. That's what I mean about fitting with what the movie gave them. Just because Oggie Boggie is in Kingdom Hearts, it wouldn't make sense if Oggie just cast Firaga on you because he never used magic in the movie. It makes more sense if he has exploding dice or a trap door filled with lava because it fits his character well. These kinds of details are crucial when building a boss based off of another product, which is why I love it when Square does little things like that in Kingdom Hearts. Frollo doesn't "need" a boss battle because it was handled just fine the way it was.

i got what you mean, is just.... don't know i see him, in a way or another, fits in a boss battle... or maybe is just because i woud like to be me beat him xDeven if is a fight like iago in the jafar genie fight or the three hyenas xP

i got what you mean, is just.... don't know i see him, in a way or another, fits in a boss battle... or maybe is just because i woud like to be me beat him xDeven if is a fight like iago in the jafar genie fight or the three hyenas xP

Well either way, I see him as either a limited support for the boss, or just a separate factor that you should be aware of in the battle at best, like the Crocodile during the battle against Hook in BbS.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

Well either way, I see him as either a limited support for the boss, or just a separate factor that you should be aware of in the battle at best, like the Crocodile during the battle against Hook in BbS.

more or less like the genie in the fight with jafar? do some attack or other things at some time or when near him? could be good too.. but only if you can hit him like the queen of hearts xP

more or less like the genie in the fight with jafar? do some attack or other things at some time or when near him? could be good too.. but only if you can hit him like the queen of hearts xP

Like I said, he'd have to have limited involvement. Kind of busy trying to kill of that gypsy and the hero of the movie, right?  xP

Like I said, he'd have to have limited involvement. Kind of busy trying to kill of that gypsy and the hero of the movie, right?  xP

said like this i see him go around an arealike a fool, runingn after quasi, esmeralda and riku (or sora?) :O poor old geezer, and i don't think he have all that stamina xP

Well, he wasn't in Riku's story, just saying

said like this i see him go around an arealike a fool, runingn after quasi, esmeralda and riku (or sora?) :O poor old geezer, and i don't think he have all that stamina xP

Well whatever. Point is, I like the bosses as they are. I see no need to change them.

The entirety of Hunchback of Notre Dame was mishandled shamefully in DDD, and the fact that you don't get to fight Frollo is only one such example. Fighting a muppet is not nearly as satisfying as fighting a guy who has attempted mass genocide and has ruined, or attempted to ruin, the lives of the main cast. They could have easily suped him up with Darkness and made him a good fight.

I was really hoping to fight him somehow, since I would have loved to have a boss battle remix of Hellfire being used, How awesome would that have been, am I right? His transformed state,could of had him wearing the red robes too. 

DDD wasted a lot of chances. 

The game would have been so much better if they had included party members from the worlds,

Neku and the gang,

Quasimodo

Pinocchio

Sam and Quorra (? what was her name again?)

Mickey, Donald and Goofy

Random Characters from Fantasia or Yen Sid himself

Even though those were dream images of characters, seeing them appear and disappear was confusing

And if they had included actual bosses:

Reapers

That creepy coachman

monstro alone

CLU 

Young Xehanort 1 (EPIC fght in front of the lava)

Frollo 

Old Xehanort

Anyway, this game was rushed and wasted a lot of material that could have been good - I don't think highly of it either.