Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

KHUX Nomura is investigating developments to allow more people to experience Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]

Tetsuya Nomura has revealed, in the September 25, 2014 issue of Famitsu Weekly (which contained an in-depth interview with the Kingdom Hearts series director), that he is investigating ways to allow more people to experience Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]. Currently, Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] is a Japanese-only title, and only for PC web browsers.

However, with it recently being confirmed that the stories of Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] and Kingdom Hearts III are heavily tied together, it makes sense that Square Enix would like to expand the audience of the game. Nomura also confirmed that the Kingdom Hearts Re:coded HD Cinematic Story Videos in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX would contain an addition based on Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]'s "Tome of Prophecy", and that the Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] story would be continued between the release of HD 2.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts III.

It is currently unknown specifically what Nomura is referring to, so leave a comment below with your thoughts! Do you think Nomura could be planning to release the game in English, or do you think that they might be considering porting the game to other consoles or platforms?

The full interview is available here, with translations thanks to goldpanner.

Click here to view the article

I think both options might be good ideas. Either way, he needs to get the story (yes, there is a story) out to other fans, because for some reason or another nobody feels like following the steps or videos that this site and countless others have been providing in order to allow everyone to experience it themselves. I'm not playing it currently because I'd much rather watch the video series, but maybe I'll get to it in time. Point is though, whether it be through a game or not, people need to get an official KH source (like a "movie" or a book or something) in order to understand what's in χ that is so important to KH3. I think I would be fine with anything Nomura comes up with, but I have to admit I would like to be able to play the game in English even more. Don't let us down Nomura! X3 <3

Even if it's in English, I won't play it. The gameplay was incredibly boring when I played on the Japanese servers when it was first released.

Not for everybody I guess. From the looks of things, I could get heavily addicted to this, in the casual sort of sense. I won't be playing it every day, but I would still play it a lot. Plus, I could even play it at school between classes. The videos have been really engaging to me, so I think that means that the game will be even more engaging for me to play. I hope this happens.  :D

When Nomura first talked about this game it was suppose to be non canon . Then he said he was looking for ways to tie it into the plot . Now it's 'heavily tied together" and since it hasn't been released in English i'm rather annoyed .He better release it in English if he's including major plot info in KH3 or people are gonna be pissed .

It's a strange thing this creative process.  :P

Even if it's in English, I won't play it. The gameplay was incredibly boring when I played on the Japanese servers when it was first released.

It has gameplay!??!?! 

Anyways it is good to hear that other language releases MIGHT be being worked on. That being said if they do release a new version. I don't think I will have the will to restart on the English version. Though it might be fun to abuse veteran's knowledge to potentially be a 'top player' for a couple of weeks.

I hope that once KHχ is completed they'll re-release it on the 3DS like they did with Coded. Coded used to be a cellphone game and then they re-released it on the Nintendo DS, so I hope they'll do the same thing for KHχ.

That would be nice, but I'm not sure about the 3DS. It kinda ruins their plans to unite

the story on one console/platform as they are doing with the HD games.

"heavily tied together"

Really? A browser game that have heavy importanceconnection to the plot?

I stopped to care about the plot in KH long time ago, since it is so much firetrucked up, but it seems Nomura wants to firetruck it up more...

A Kingdom Hearts social network!!!!!  :OMaybe? Maybe not? The Japanese version right now has a button that links to sqex-bridge profiles of players.  I'd like to see a more elaborate setup for the English version.  Maybe a bit of more customization than just a white page, picture and text box like in what's provided right now. I wanna see a full blow profile! Friend's box and all. Maybe a card trading system.  I have a tons of extra SR+ that are going to waste and unused..