Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

Transparent Red & Blue 2DS announced

I still don't understand why they went with this design.. Why doesn't it fold!? If it did, it would be a great system.

i guess close hinges cost more to produce than we thing. it would probably cost more if it had one. unfortunate? yes. makes it more affordable? also yes.

i guess close hinges cost more to produce than we thing. it would probably cost more if it had one. unfortunate? yes. makes it more affordable? also yes.

That's true. I think I read somewhere that it was built like that so that they could use a single screen instead of two separate ones. Personally I'd rather pay the extra money and get a 3DS-like 2DS. I never use 3D anyway, so a simpler system would be welcome in my collection. Most people aren't that picky I guess. :D

Edited by wolfsinner

I won't be impressed until the internal motherboard and chips and shit is transparent too.

I still don't understand why they went with this design.. Why doesn't it fold!? If it did, it would be a great system.

That's the main thing I like about my 3DS than my PSP.  It's nice to be able to protect the screen while travelling without having to bundle it in a case every time

welp. I own a 2DS since im a cheapskate. But it's tons more comfortable to hold than the 3DS and is a lot easier to keep clean. (that is if you don't drop your console all of the time.) I personally hold the 2DS higher than the original 3DS also because i don't even use the 3D anyways. And the buttons on the 2DS are tons better. Better battery life albeit not by much

welp. I own a 2DS since im a cheapskate. But it's tons more comfortable to hold than the 3DS and is a lot easier to keep clean. (that is if you don't drop your console all of the time.) I personally hold the 2DS higher than the original 3DS also because i don't even use the 3D anyways. And the buttons on the 2DS are tons better. Better battery life albeit not by much

To be fair, I never held one. I just love the foldable design. I'll get one when the price drops, to sit comfortably among my Nintendo handheld collection. :P

To be fair, I never held one. I just love the foldable design. I'll get one when the price drops, to sit comfortably among my Nintendo handheld collection. :P

I don't think the price will ever drop much. How long has it been? Almost a year since the 2DS came out?  It's around $120. That is if you're in the US like I am. That's about the price of the original Nintendo DS a year or two after it came out. And since a 2DS is worth more than a DS I don't think the price will drop. Just wait maybe 5 years and then you might get one for retail at a cheap price.