Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Weedanort

Anime | Manga Weedanort's Reviews: Fairy Tail

Posted Image

Fairy Tail, created by Hiro Mashima, had its manga released in August of 2006, while the anime was released in October of 2009. Is it worth your while?

Note: Keep in mind that this is an outgoing series. It's still going, and it keeps releasing new chapters and episodes every week. I'll review everything that's appeared so far on the manga.

So we're here. Fairy Tail. Boy, I'm glad I started reading this manga, it's that good.

But I'd better review this by steps. No point in spoiling all the fun in one go xD

Story?

Now the story might be complicated for some, while extremely simple for others.

The story of Fairy Tail is simple:

In this world, there are mages everywhere. All kinds of mages are members of specific guilds, which work for the peace of the world. The guild that this story talks about is Fairy Tail, a rather rowdy, but a kind guild. Your usual "hero" guild.

The main characters of this story are Lucy Heartphilia, Natsu Dragneel, and Happy, a group of young mages with their own dreams and intentions. Natsu wants to reunite with his stepfather Ignil, which is a dragon. Lucy wants to prove her father that money doesn't solve anything. And Happy... wants fish (Well he is a cat. Sorta.). These 2 characters get into all kinds of shenanigans with all of the other guild members. They laugh, they cry, they greave, they fight, all of the morals about a family.

This all seems simple, but when the villains enter the scene, it's where things get a bit... "Bitter". At least in my case.

The story divides itself into a few numbers of arcs, but these arcs tend to take too long, and just drag and drag. Sometimes I kinda felt bored while reading, due to the fact that a specific story arc was taking too long.

But I digress.

The story's still amazing xD

Characters?

The characters in Fairy Tail are excellent in my opinion. Heroes, Antagonists, Villains, everything! Except for some here and there, but still probably you can relate with most of the characters on this story.

And much like other anime/manga stories, they have an unbreakable will. That's kinda of a cliché in mangas, isn't it? xD

Image Quality?

ECHI, ECHI EVERYWHERE /shot

Seriously, the amount of echi moments you'll see in Fairy Tail goes up the roof xD

Mainly because of the amount of battles that the female characters go through, or even in peaceful moments, kinda makes me think that the author's perverted xD

Other than that, the quality just keeps on improving every chapter. Really good!

Now for the anime, the quality starts to be really good during the 3rd story arc. At least in my opinion. It was already good before that, but until there, it wasn't really shining.

ANIME: OST?

Rock + Folk.

You heard me right.

Rock + Folk.

Seems strange at first right?

Well listen to these:

They really aren't playing around when it comes to the quality of the OST.

They picked in something strange, and made it absolutely epic. Check the OST out if you have the time, you won't regret it :)

Overall Rating?

Boobs

So far, Fairy Tail's been a great experience for me, it's completely different from other animes that I saw xD

You won't regret reading/watching Fairy Tail, it's that good :)

From Newbie to Immortal, I give it a No Comment, it's that good!

See you next time!

Edited by Weedanort

So much big boobs, one piec e2.0 (or maybe Rave Master 2.0 ...)

Hate English voice acting

Character design unoriginal... Well some...

Overall I still watched 30 episodes of this show and enjoyed it =D

I'd just like to inform you the OST for Fairy Tail isn't Rock + Folk its Rock + Celtic I should know I'm Irish and i grew up listening to Celtic music i knew it the second i heard it when i first watched the Fairy Tail anime and no Folk and Celtic are in no way similar 

Also Fairy Tail second best series ever It's predecessor Rave Master still takes first place for me I'm a massive Hiro fan haha 

My brother got me into it a couple of months ago. I regret nothing, it's very good with it's touching moments and boobs here and there. I'm still trying to catch up, but I'm almost up to date on the anime. (Grand Magic games atm)

DAMN YOU IGNEEL, STOP BEING THE KYUBII FROM NARUTO

Are the other dragons inside their kids as well?

FAIRY TAIL IS THE BEST ANIME I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!! AND IVE SEEN A LOT OF ANIMES!!!!

Got that right.

truth is, i prefer Fairy Tail over other series i read, such as One Piece Naruto Bleach Attack on Titan (I started watching it) Hunter x Hunter Toriko and Magi (the last 3 though i just started reading them)

and a lot of questions that makes you want to know and are answered sooner than you think

One Piece: What is the Void Century? The Will of D? Need i remind you of the Ancient Kingdom. What is the World Government hiding about this missing century? What is the One Piece?

All these questions will be answered in the final arc of One Piece.

Note i don't hate One Piece. i'm just saying it feels like Oda will answer these in the final arc. and it's been said that there will be 10 more years of One Piece. i just hope Oda tells more about the things i just said.

Are the other dragons inside their kids as well?

Got that right.

truth is, i prefer Fairy Tail over other series i read, such as One Piece Naruto Bleach Attack on Titan (I started watching it) Hunter x Hunter Toriko and Magi (the last 3 though i just started reading them)

and a lot of questions that makes you want to know and are answered sooner than you think

One Piece: What is the Void Century? The Will of D? Need i remind you of the Ancient Kingdom. What is the World Government hiding about this missing century? What is the One Piece?

All these questions will be answered in the final arc of One Piece.

Note i don't hate One Piece. i'm just saying it feels like Oda will answer these in the final arc. and it's been said that there will be 10 more years of One Piece. i just hope Oda tells more about the things i just said.

i understand where your comming from completly but i personally like it because it really gets you thinking. kinda like in naruto

when the fans figured out that madara was actually obito WAY before it was confirmed, just from the givin evidence

while one piece gave a bit more evidence, it still makes you think like naruto.

Edited by benj0818

i understand where your comming from completly but i personally like it because it really gets you thinking. kinda like in naruto

when the fans figured out that madara was actually obito WAY before it was confirmed, just from the givin evidence

while one piece gave a bit more evidence, it still makes you think like naruto.

see in a way the writer of Fairy Tail Hiro Mashima has far more experience in writing manga and getting his readers to think then the writers of One Piece and Naruto since before Fairy Tail he had also written a few other manga's the most notable being Rave Master By the way anyone who hasn't read Rave Master i highly recommend it it is by far my absolute favorite Manga of all times Hiro did an amazing job on it also if you read Rave when watching and reading Fairy Tail  you'll notice a few Rave Master Cameo's here and there making the series all that more enjoyable 

see in a way the writer of Fairy Tail Hiro Mashima has far more experience in writing manga and getting his readers to think then the writers of One Piece and Naruto since before Fairy Tail he had also written a few other manga's the most notable being Rave Master By the way anyone who hasn't read Rave Master i highly recommend it it is by far my absolute favorite Manga of all times Hiro did an amazing job on it also if you read Rave when watching and reading Fairy Tail  you'll notice a few Rave Master Cameo's here and there making the series all that more enjoyable 

sounds awesome! ill check it out! :D

the first few arc's I'll admit arent the best since Rave was Hiro's first real project but around fourth, fifth arc is when everything starts to get really good

you understand fairy tail. T_T my favorite arc is probably either the tower of heaven or edolas.

you understand fairy tail. T_T my favorite arc is probably either the tower of heaven or edolas.

I'm able to understand Fairy Tail cause i grew up watching Hiro Mashima's earlier works so i know how that mans mind works although he still manages to surprise me even after all these years haha as for my favorite Fairy Tail arc I'm kind of fighting between the Tenroujima Arc and the Arc currently taking place for first place 

I'm able to understand Fairy Tail cause i grew up watching Hiro Mashima's earlier works so i know how that mans mind works although he still manages to surprise me even after all these years haha as for my favorite Fairy Tail arc I'm kind of fighting between the Tenroujima Arc and the Arc currently taking place for first place 

OMG IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!! SO MUCH HAPPENS

My baby Jellal beats the Oracion Seis SOLO! Wendy going Dragon Force! Lucy summoning the Celestial Spirit King! *cries at the cost of it* Gray getting Ice Devil Slayer magic! Juvia taking down a demon with her feelings! (what? i liked it) Gajeel becoming the Steel Shadow Dragon!

and...

ACNOLOGIA SHOWS UP!!! AND IGNEEL WAS INSIDE NATSU THE WHOLE TIME!!! HIRO KNOWS HOW TO DO CHAPTER 400 (400 years ago Igneel fought E.N.D. chapter 400 Igneel returns. it all makes sense now)

THIS IS THE BEST ARC IN FAIRY TAIL EVER!!

OMG IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!! SO MUCH HAPPENS

My baby Jellal beats the Oracion Seis SOLO! Wendy going Dragon Force! Lucy summoning the Celestial Spirit King! *cries at the cost of it* Gray getting Ice Devil Slayer magic! Juvia taking down a demon with her feelings! (what? i liked it) Gajeel becoming the Steel Shadow Dragon!

and...

ACNOLOGIA SHOWS UP!!! AND IGNEEL WAS INSIDE NATSU THE WHOLE TIME!!! HIRO KNOWS HOW TO DO CHAPTER 400 (400 years ago Igneel fought E.N.D. chapter 400 Igneel returns. it all makes sense now)

THIS IS THE BEST ARC IN FAIRY TAIL EVER!!

OMG how did i not think of that it makes perfect senses now chapter 400 400 years ago how did i not see that Hiro you and your trolling dammit you catch me nearly every time but so looking forward to next chapter Metalicana and Grandine I know where you two are hiding now you better come out same for Weislogia and Skydroma stop playing dead i know your faking it now