Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

Naruto: New Age Chronicles (RP with Firaga Sensei)

Team Yumi re-entered the Hidden Leaf Village as the sun began to set over the Hokage Monument. They had just finished a mission, and were on their way to report their success to the Hokage. Despite the time of day, various villagers were running, talking, playing, and laughing through the streets. A few ninja discussed their most recent mission, while vendors tried to sell goods to annoyed customers.

"Heh... I really missed being in the village!" Koukon grinned, happy to be back home.

"Yeah. We can finally rest." Hikari wasn't as enthusiastic as her friend, but still smiled. "I can't wait to go eat some ramen." She rubbed her stomach, having missed her favorite food.

"Of course, that's the first thing you think of. It's always ramen with you." Koukon teased Hikari. "I guess that going to Ichiraku wouldn't hurt, though..." He looked over at his teacher. "Yumi sensei, is it fine if we head off?"

"Yeah, I'll go check in with Lord Hokage. You three can go off and get something to eat." The woman smiled back at her students.

"Alright!" Koukon shouted, and looked over to his teammates. "Let's go, Hikari! Are you going to come with, Kiniku?" He asked his best friend, hoping that the three of them could go together.

"It's been a while since the three of us got to go to Ichiraku together, hasn't it?" Hikari asked. "You should come with us, Kiniku."

"Eh, I might as well. After that mission, I think I've overworked my muscles a little bit more that I wanted to. Doing training isn't the best thing right now," Kiniku responded, loosening up one of his shoulders. "Yeah, lets head over to Icharaku. That is, if String Bean's paying for it." Kiniku brashly joked, falling in step with his teammates.

"H-hey, wait a minute!" Koukon's eyes widened, surprised by Kinatama's sudden joke. "Hikari was the one who mentioned ramen in the first place, shouldn't she pay for it?" He stuttered, trying to put the blame on his friend.

"You're the one who suggested Ichiraku, and invited Kiniku." Hikari kept up Kiniku's teasing. "I think that means you volunteered to pay." She laughed.

"Aw, man... Fine..." Koukon sighed, and pulled out his wallet. "I just hope I can afford it..."

"One day of paying for three people shouldn't do anything that bad." Hikari continued joking.

"True..." Koukon began to give up, when he remembered something else. "Wait... Whenever the two of us go alone, you always pay for your own food! Why are you joining in on this?" He shouted back, but Hikari only responded with a laugh.

Yumi watched her students, holding back laughter. Wow... They've changed a lot from when they were the genin I met three years ago. She thought to herself, and continued on her way to the Hokage's Mansion.

As the three friends made their way to Ichiraku, they were intercepted by another girl. "Kiniku! Koukon! Hikari!" She ran to the three, stopping in front of them.

"Oh, Kiyoshi! Didn't think we'd find you out here." Koukon grinned at his younger sister. "Hey, want to come to Ichiraku? We're on our way there right now." Koukon asked.

"Koukon offered to pay and everything." Hikari smiled, trying not to laugh.

"Sure! As long as you pay, Koukon." Kiyoshi agreed, and Koukon sighed again.

"It's always me..." He muttered, and continued on his way.

"Oh hey, Kiyo, what's up?" Kiniku greeted warmly to Koukon's sister.

"Yeah, sure, tag along. I'm sure String Bean over here wouldn't mind paying for his little sis," Kiniku once again teased his best friend.

"Alright, Kiniku! Let's go!" Kiyoshi walked next to her friend, happy to see Kiniku and the others again.

Not even a thanks... Koukon thought dejectedly, as he trudged through the village.

"Don't worry, Koukon. At least I'm here so you're not alone with those two lovers." Hikari whispered, stifling a giggle.

"Whatcha whispering about?" Kiniku leaned in and said to Hikari, barely catching what she said about him and Kiyoshi.

"Yeah, what are you two talking about?" Kiyoshi followed Kiniku's example.

"N-nothing!" Hikari jumped back, her face bright red. "W-we were just talking about the last time we came here to eat ramen..."

"Yeah, you two lovers can stay out of this!" Koukon shouted at his friend and sister, managing to slip the joke by accident. Hikari sighed, and Koukon laughed nervously.

"Lovers? Ha!" Kiniku chuckled. "String Bean, Hyugamaki, you guys should know that I'm only in love with one thing: being the strongest ninja that ever lived," Kiniku said.

"I mean, I like Kiyo, but uh, I don't like that much. Right Kiyo?"

"U-uh..." Kiyoshi stammered a bit, flustered by the sudden comments. "He's right! We're not like that, Koukon." She glared at her brother, trying to look calm.

"Right..." Hikari whispered to Koukon, who laughed. The four reached Ichiraku.

"Here, let's go get seats, Hikari. We'll leave those two to calm down." Koukon joked as he entered the stall, followed by Hikari.

Kiniku scoffed. "You guys talk all you want, its not happening between us," Kiniku then sat down next to Koukon. "Now then, put your money on the table pal!" Kiniku said, giving Koukon a hard smack on the back.

Kiniku scoffed. "You guys talk all you want, its not happening between us," Kiniku then sat down next to Koukon. "Now then, put your money on the table pal!" Kiniku said, giving Koukon a hard smack on the back.

"Alright, alright..." Koukon sighed. "Hey, miss Ayame!"

"Oh, it's you guys!" Ayame, the woman running the stand, greeted the group. "What will it be?"

"Our usuals." Koukon grinned, offering Ayame a wad of ryo. She took the money, and quickly gave the four their ramen.

"Thanks!" Koukon said, then looked over to see Hikari quickly eat her ramen. Geez... This is the only thing she ever gets this excited about. He thought.

"Alright, lets dig in!" Kiniku proclaimed, getting his chopsticks ready. "I'm a big man and I got a big appetite!" Kiniku added, but then he looked over at Hikari. "... maybe not that big of an appetite. Aw well." Kiniku then started eating.

"Er... Right." Koukon stopped watching Hikari's odd eating behaviors, and began to eat his ramen. His sister followed suit. "So, Kiyoshi... How's Akarui been? You two both had this week off, right?" He asked, trying to get some conversation going.

"She's been good." Kiyoshi replied after swallowing some noodles. "We were looking around the village earlier, but she left since she heard Yumi sensei got back from her mission. She seemed worried about Yumi sensei whenever we were together."

"Sounds about right, knowing her." Koukon grinned. "Hey Hikari, hasn't Akarui-" Koukon began to ask Hikari a question, but was cut off.

"I'd like another bowl, please." Hikari held her bowl out towards Ayame, who happily refilled it. "Thanks!" She smiled, and continued eating.

"... Nevermind..." Koukon sighed.

"Yeah, that Akarui girl sure is a piece of work," Kiniku said in between slurps. "I mean, she's probably got something going on, but you'd think she'd try and talk to us more about it, you know?"

"She's just not very comfortable talking to people about herself." Kiyoshi explained. "She's not that bad when you get to know her more." Kiyoshi smiled.

"It'd help if she'd hang out with us more..." Koukon muttered, a lump of ramen still in his mouth.

"She tries, she just gets nervous around so many people." Kiyoshi defended her friend. "I'll try to get her to come with us the next time we all have time off."

"Alright." After a while, Koukon finished his ramen, and looked over at Hikari again. "If you guys are done, I think it might be time to head out. We might want to get going before she gets to her third bowl." He sighed.

"Fourth." Hikari corrected her friend, who grumbled in response.

"Hyugamaki, I think you've have enough. You don't want to get a stomach ache now," Kiniku teased, finishing his own bowl. "But anyways, I sure am ready to go. I always am, String Bean." Kiniku assured his friend.

"Fine..." Hikari set down her third bowl of ramen as she complained, now finished eating. "Bye, miss Ayame."

"Bye, kids!" Ayame waved to the four as they left Ichiraku.

Koukon yawned. "I'm still tired from that mission... I think I'm going to head back home."

"Same here." Kiyoshi agreed. "I'll see you two tomorrow!" She waved to Hikari and Kiniku.

"Yeah. See you guys later." Hikari began to go to the Hokage mansion, muttering something about Koukon and Kiniku, and ramen.

The next day, Koukon and Hikari stood outside the Hokage mansion, waiting for Kiniku and their team leader. Koukon would usually show up early on the day of a new mission to keep Hikari company, knowing she probably got lonely waiting at her home. They talked to each other for a bit as they waited for their teammates to show up.

"997... 998... 999... 1000!" Kiniku said, finishing his one fingered, hand stand push ups on the roof of his home. "And now that that's done, I should head over to String Bean and Hyugamaki!" He proclaimed, jumping to his feet and dashing through the rooftops of the Hidden Leaf Village.

"Yo!" Kinku said to his teammates as he landed in a nearby tree and waved, then jumping off and getting back to ground level.

"Hey, Kiniku!" Koukon greeted his friend.

"Looks like all three of us are here now." Hikari looked around the town to try to find Yumi. "Now we just wait for Yumi sensei..."

Shortly after Kiniku arrived, two red haired women arrived at the Hokage Mansion. The older one, Yumi, greeted her team. "Hey! Looks like everyone's here already. That makes things easy." She smiled.

The other redhead, a short girl who looked about the same age as the three chunin, shyly waved to the group. She wore an orange sleeveless shirt, with black shorts, and her headband across her forehead. "Hello..." She greeted her fellow students.

"Hey, Akarui!" Koukon grinned. "What are you here for?"

"I've got a mission today, too... Yumi and I decided to walk here together." She answered, and turned back to her sister. "Good luck on your mission." She said, then dashed into the mansion.

"Bye, Akarui!" Yumi waved to her adopted sister. "Alright, team... Let's go get our mission." She walked in the mansion, followed by Koukon and Hikari.

Once Team Yumi had assembled inside the mansion, the Hokage studied the four shinobi. "Looks like you're all here!" Naruto greeted them.

"Yes, Lord Hokage. We're ready for our mission." Yumi spoke sternly, and Koukon nodded. Unlike her sensei and teammate, Hikari stood casually.

"Alright! Hm... You all just got back from a big mission, so I don't want to give you anything too major. Sorry to have you follow up with another mission so quickly, but we've been flooded with requests..." Naruto apologized, and looked through a folder of requests. His wife, Hinata, and one of his closest friends, Sakura, both sat at a desk nearby. Hinata waved to her daughter, who smiled in response. "Alright, I've found one!" Naruto pulled out a file, and handed it to Yumi. "There's a village on the outskirts of the Land of Fire that requested a team of ninjas to help guard one of their treasures. I think that sounds perfect for you four!" He grinned. "They only needed the team for one night, since the current guard had to take a day off."

"Very well, Lord Sixth." Yumi bowed. "We'll be on our ways, then." She looked at Koukon, Kiniku, and Hikari. "Come on, team! Let's get moving!" She said, and began to march off.

"Right!" Koukon exclaimed, and followed Yumi.

"Yes, ma'am." Hikari wasn't as enthusiastic as Koukon, but followed him anyway.

"Good luck, Team Yumi!" Naruto grinned as they left.

That night, the team sat outside a small shrine. Koukon yawned. "Why are we guarding this thing, anyway...? Doesn't seem like anybody's going to try and take it..." He muttered, and reclined against the shrine's steps.

"Well, if they need someone to guard it, it's probably important. Otherwise, it wouldn't take four ninja to keep it safe." Hikari answered. "Not that I really enjoy guard duty, either..."

We should all do something to make this more fun..." Koukon muttered, and Hikari nodded in agreement. "I know! Let's tell ghost stories." He grinned. "What do you think, Kiniku?" He asked his best friend, hoping someone would agree with him. Yumi stood silently, ignoring her team's antics.

Kiniku wasn't sitting next to his team in that instance; instead he was doing one handed push ups while doing a hand stand on the side. 

"I don't know. If you want to, then go for it," Kiniku said in between his exercises, his eyes firmly centered on the ground below him as he talked.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

"Alright" Koukon grinned. "Geez, you're so boring..." He muttered under his breath, hoping his friend would be more interested.

"Gh-ghost stories are boring... L-let's just do something else." Hikari stuttered a bit.

"Ooh, sounds like you're scared." Koukon smirked.

"N-no, I can take a ghost story!" Hikari insisted.

"Alright then... Here, let's go..." He began to tell his story...

"Long ago, back when our parents were kids, there were tales about the hot springs... Not just anything about the hot springs, though... A ghost that haunted them!"

"Oh, I can see where this is going to go..." Hikari sighed.

"Don't interrupt me, Hikari." Koukon said. "I'm just getting started. Now then... There were reports, that one day, a group of girls at the hot springs heard strange noises. They heard the sound of scratching coming from the wall, and the occasional giggle. They asked around, but no one could find an explanation for it. As the years went on, the noises continued. The girls would always report the same thing: scratching, and a few giggles. The noises would become more and more consistent, with reports coming in often. However, for a few years, the reports stopped... Things were quiet... too quiet..."

Hikari looked a little scared at this point. "Th-that's it, r-right?"

"No!" Koukon shouted, making Hikari jump back and squeak. "A few years later... The noises returned, and the reports were much more frequent. More scratching, more giggles... However, again, they stopped... Still, some say that they can sometimes hear this ghost... Scratching... Giggling..."

Hikari was terrified, but tried to act natural. "I-I'm sure it's all just some hoax. There's no way-"

On the other side of the shrine, a faint scratching noise could be heard. Someone started to giggle... Hikari screeched in response. She jumped towards Koukon, wrapping her arms around him, and shut her eyes. Koukon grinned, then started laughing. Another Koukon came out from the other side of the shrine.

Hikari's eyes widened. "H-how...?"

"Well, I figured having a Shadow Clone watch over there would be helpful for guarding... Looks like it had other uses, too." Koukon continued to laugh.

Edited by Yellow Flash

Kiniku wasn't scared by Koukon's story. Mostly because he was dividing his attention towards that and his exercise. However, when Koukon made Hikari screech, Kiniku lost his focus and ended up hitting his face on the ground as his body follow him down.

After picking himself up and sitting himself down, rubbing his head, he joined with Koukon's laughter after seeing the Shadow Clone. He then noticed how close his two teammates were at that moment. "So uh... you guys comfy?" Kiniku teased, raising his eyebrow.

Hikari noticed that she was hugging Koukon, and jumped back. "N-not at all, Kiniku!" She stuttered even more than when she heard Koukon's story.

"You're the one who got comfortable..." Koukon muttered.

"Wh-whatever... Don't get the wrong idea, Kiniku." She glared at her teammate.