Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
HikariYami

Is Roxas's new character model Sora's character model?

First of all, why is it so hard to find screenshots of KHII Sora?

Did they want Roxas and Sora to look more a like so that it intensifies the fact that Roxas had Sora's body? Because, in the non HD KHII, Roxas did not look too much like Sora. 

I believe so. All I see is Sora in this picture of Roxas.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think I answered my own question.

So, who has the better hairstyle?

Ventus, Sora, Roxas, and Vanitas are now the Kingdom Hearts Quadrumvirate. 

Kairi, Namine, and Xion are the Kingdom Hearts female Triumvirate. Don't confuse it with Caesar, Crassus, and Pompey

If they did this then they REALLY went with Roxas being Sora's nobody. But Roxas is pretty much the same except for eyebrows and I think Roxas is a little tanner. So it could be that too. Also, I think Sora has fatter cheeks. 

Edited by Skhyatze

All Squenix and even anime characters have pretty default similar aesthetically pleasing faces with the only real different being clothes and hair to separate them.  Like heaven forbid someone has a big nose or freckles.  Pretty much the only different before was skin tone

Posted Image

Out of curiosity- where did you get those T-frame pictures? Is that something released by SE recently?

I go them from Tumblr, but they are from the 2.5 remix screenshots. Someone cropped them. 

Have you ever heard of a "Nobody"? That word implies your answers...

Like I said, "... so that it intensifies the fact that Roxas had Sora's body. Many people were/are confused with the relationship between Roxas, Sora, and Ventus. Many think that Roxas is Ventus's nobody which is not true.

I have heard of a 'Nobody" been here for 4 years read and answered people's questions about Roxas's nobody status.

In the older Kingdom Hearts, Roxas and Sora had different facial structures which are shown above. They took Sora's model and coded Roxas's hair to make a new model of Roxas.

All Squenix and even anime characters have pretty default similar aesthetically pleasing faces with the only real different being clothes and hair to separate them.  Like heaven forbid someone has a big nose or freckles.  Pretty much the only different before was skin tone

Posted Image

Yeah... but they're meant to be the same person. I have personally seen anime characters with dark skin or freckles etc. Suisei no gargantia has a completely albino mc. Yeah, it's not mainstream I guess, but they're still there.

Yeah... but they're meant to be the same person. I have personally seen anime characters with dark skin or freckles etc. Suisei no gargantia has a completely albino mc. Yeah, it's not mainstream I guess, but they're still there.

I agree. Though, a lot of animes have different styles. You can't tell me Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler has the same style as Puella Magi Madoka Magica/Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. 

Posted Image

However, the only Square Enix Characters that really look alike are meant to look alike. 

Ex: Tidus/Shuyin (Dream of the Fayth), Yuna/Lenne, Rikku/Yuna (cousins), Cloud/Lightning (Toriyama wanted a female Cloud in FFXIII), Lightning/Serah (sisters) Lumina/Lightning/Serah(Lumina harboring Serah's soul and personified Lightning's feelings), Reno/Lea (Nomura wanted a Reno like character in KH), Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz/Sephiroth (Sephiroth fragments.) And sometimes, I believe Nomura likes a character so much he draws another similar to it Sora/Cloud

Kairi/Namine have the same model they just have a palette swap and hair style change because Nobody/Somebody relationship. 

Edited by HikariYami

I've also seen anime characters with dark skin and occasionally freckles, doesn't stop that the default face regardless of tone is pretty much the same where hair and eyes are the defining feature for separating people.  It's kind of offensive to the audience since it assumes we wouldn't like anyone who's features differs from the perfect skin, eyes, nose and lips.  

Spoiler cause I feel like these gifs could cause seizures 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's always slight variations within games but it's still rare to find them stepping outside of a default pretty face because characters are only likable if they're beautiful too.  

Even with a lot of animes (and just shows in general, not just anime) who do a black character half the time it feels like they're the "token black guy" just to be there so it isn't a completely milky cast

I've also seen anime characters with dark skin and occasionally freckles, doesn't stop that the default face regardless of tone is pretty much the same where hair and eyes are the defining feature for separating people.  It's kind of offensive to the audience since it assumes we wouldn't like anyone who's features differs from the perfect skin, eyes, nose and lips.  

Spoiler cause I feel like these gifs could cause seizures 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's always slight variations within games but it's still rare to find them stepping outside of a default pretty face because characters are only likable if they're beautiful too.  

Even with a lot of animes (and just shows in general, not just anime) who do a black character half the time it feels like they're the "token black guy" just to be there so it isn't a completely milky cast

I agree. I did say ''it's not the mainstream I guess'' and that's what I meant. It's a shame they make most of them l look the same.

One reason that is for it sometimes, not all the time, is the fact that, in alot of anime's, all the characters are drawn by the same person, and it's very possible to get so stuck to drawing a specific type of character, that all your characters look the same. Even if you didn't want them too. 

Another thing I want to add is, they're all supposed to be Japanese, still no excuse for the all to be milky, as many Japanese people are mixed race, but it's better than dozens more caucasian characters. We have enough hollywood movies of that.