Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Soravids

Kingdom Hearts 3 will sell better than previous titles.

Well it's not a guarantee but it depends on the quality of said game and how much marketing it gets

KH1 and KH2 were superb games on their own and both appealed to a much broader audience of JRPG fans and Disney fans alike

the problem with the handheld games though is that they're mostly aimed towards the KH fanbase only....and it shows,alongside the fact that...they're not what everybody wants which is KH3

I really hope KH3 sells a lot and outsell the first game

let's make KH3 sell more than FF VII!

Lets hope it's possible, lol.

You know, it is pretty obvious that this game will sell a LOT more than others KH. Just because it is the 3rd one.

Well, that's at least what I am hoping for.

Well it's not a guarantee but it depends on the quality of said game and how much marketing it gets

KH1 and KH2 were superb games on their own and both appealed to a much broader audience of JRPG fans and Disney fans alike

the problem with the handheld games though is that they're mostly aimed towards the KH fanbase only....and it shows,alongside the fact that...they're not what everybody wants which is KH3

I really hope KH3 sells a lot and outsell the first game

True, but actually Square has never really had a problem advertising KH games so as long as it gets the advertising 2.5 did, it should be fine, right?

let's make KH3 sell more than FF VII!

Lol! Hopefully that's possible ;)

A game may be very well sold for the expectation people have about it. Just like GTAV.

If it sells half as much as GTAV, it will be more than considered a success, right?

We also have to put into consideration of how well they market the game and how well they advertise it as well.  I remember I never even heard anything about Kingdom Hearts until like three months after it was out, I never saw any commercials or anything and the first time I did see something about it was on a Digimon Season 3 VHS tape that had a commercial of the first game on it and I still have that.  With Kingdom Hearts 2 they did a little better with it actually having it's own Disney 411 segment piece talking about it (of course they talked a little more about Hannah Montana for some stupid reason).  With every game they have been better at marketing and advertising the games especially with how they did it for Birth by Sleep and so on from there.  It is true that majority of people didn't buy the other games is because it wasn't called Kingdom Hearts 3 but that is what the HD collections are for to hopefully bring back those people and some new fans as well.  I hope it dose sell good and becomes the best selling out of the series so far but only time will tell.

Edited by TheKingdomkid

I disagree on the handhelds part, all the Kingdom Hearts titles generally draw out the best -or nearly- from the relative console. Hence, in my opinion, the handhelds titles are just as worthy as the numbered titles. Furthermore, even if it was done mostly for commercial purposes, having Kingdom Hearts titles on multiple consoles keep the series a lot more interesting, fresh and enjoyable! Every Kingdom Hearts installment has its own charm also because of the features of the respective console, it wouldn't be the same if they were all released for the same console. I agree with you for the Kingdom Hearts III part, I would be surprised if it were to sell poorly.

I disagree on the handhelds part, all the Kingdom Hearts titles generally draw out the best -or nearly- from the relative console. Hence, in my opinion, the handhelds titles are just as worthy as the numbered titles. Furthermore, even if it was done mostly for commercial purposes, having Kingdom Hearts titles on multiple consoles keep the series a lot more interesting, fresh and enjoyable! Every Kingdom Hearts installment has its own charm also because of the features of the respective console, it wouldn't be the same if they were all released for the same console. I agree with you for the Kingdom Hearts III part, I would be surprised if it were to sell poorly.

Well I guss you had a point, but personally I'm not a handheld gamer, but I respect your opinion. That's why I said "at least that's what I think". I think every KH game was fresh and exciting just cause it was KH. Lol.

Edited by soravids

Pre-orders. It'a all bout the pre-orders. And first week sales. No other sales numbers matter. 

I'ss bad logic, but that seems to be the way the gaming industry is thinking theses days.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno