Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Buttercup Camera

I miss my childhood...

Everytime I think about my childhood I lay mysell down to tears...

I spend most of my days thinking about how of it; re-watching movies; playing old games; re-listening to songs of things that I used to love and all of that makes me... just sad.

I just don't wanna grow up... I'm almsot turning 18 and I don't want to... I want my life to stay the same as it was, forever. I wanna live the same moments as before. Have that innocence and turn on the tv and see what it used to give...

I just can't explain this...

Just the fact that many of the things I enjoyed and enjoy won't be possible in a near future...

I'm just terribly sad...

Edited by Marcomax

You can still enjoy some of the things that made your childhood great while enjoying things that us adults do that's great like living on your own and working ( or the strip club). 18 is just a number you will be the same person when you become a adult its just that the world will expect more from you that's all.

Sometimes I think like this too. 

The past seems good because we remember mostly the good things that have happened and ignore the bad.

You may not be able to enjoy the things you did when you were younger but think about the future. Think about the good things the future will bring. In time, you will be thinking the same thing about the good stuff that will happen in your future.

Sometimes I think like this too. 

The past seems good because we remember mostly the good things that have happened and ignore the bad.

You may not be able to enjoy the things you did when you were younger but think about the future. Think about the good things the future will bring. In time, you will be thinking the same thing about the good stuff that will happen in your future.

The problem is that I'm unsure about my future and I can't see a thing...

I know the feel because it happened/happens to me.

Back then a lot of people around only said "I wanna grow up" "Cant wait for my parents dont bother me again since I will be 18" etc..

I didnt understand them. Still dont. I just wanted keep being a child

Now, Im 23 and in somethings Im still the same kid than I was.

Adult life is boring! i was right. The other people that said those things are only getting that now.

I knew it since the beginning. Too many responsibilities

Edited by Sakuraba Neku

One thing that you can look forward to is the new things the future will be able to give you.  Even though you might not be able to do the things you did in your childhood or they hold no more meaning, you can still got the memories and feelings it gave you. 

At the same time, turning 18 isn't a huge turning point I think.  You still pretty much live your life the same way.  Nothing dramatically changes and you're still the same person.  At this point, you gotta look towards your future more than your past. 

It's normal not wanting to grow up and yearn for those nostalgic days. Everyone feels that sooner or later. The term "nostalgia" is defined by what the person misses in the past, and it's obvious that what you want back is your youth correct? Well everyone has to grow up sooner or later, and it's something that you'll have to accept. Not only that, but as other users said before, there's many opportunities waiting ahead in the not so distant future. For some it could be a long difficult path, others it could be an easier path, it all depends on your decision. And also, since your barley turning 18, you're still young, so there's no haste. You could continue what you did before.

Edited by Noel Vermilion

I know the feeling, I had similar thoughts a couple years back.

But you know what, growing up doesn't mean you cannot enjoy the same things you used to, it's okay for adults to like childish things. I love digimon and cardcaptor sakura is still my favorite anime and will probably be for a really long time (of course, I'm only 18 so I can't be sure how I'll change).

As I see it, I've kept the important things close to me as I've grown up, and gained tons of new things to like. If you consider something so valuable to you that you don't want to lose it, you probably never will. Unless it loses it's value to you and then you shouldn't even miss it, right?

Of course, some things do change. Like you have to grow more independent and do things on your own and get a job. That's just how it is, and you shouldn't get too fixated on past. But don't worry too much about the future. It's good to plan what you'll do but mainly, try to live in present. What's good in your life right now? Concentrate on those things, I'm sure you find something.

And one more thing, if future seems hopeless and you just can't see what could possibly be there for you, make yourself a dream. It doesn't have to be anything big. Just decide something that you would like to do/be and hold onto that. Dreams are actually pretty amazing.