Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

When are we going to see a true mario game on the wii u?

lol "true Mario games."

Sounds to me you want Galaxy HD/Remake/3/ or Sunshine HD/Remake/2. 

I guess so, but I was thinking of a mario game that is even more invitational like Super Mario galaxy was. Something different. More like how the gameplay of super mario sunshine drastically changed in the super mario galaxy games. I want to see that same drastic change in that possible new mario game for wii u. 

Edited by Zeldablade7

I mean like when are we going to hear anything about the possible new mario game for the wii u? This article is a few months old, but it says that Nintendo confirmed it, but i'm not if I should trust it yet http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/04/10/nintendo-ead-confirms-it-is-making-a-new-mario-game/

The reason we didn't get one this year is because people kept telling them "Oh another Mario game"

And no I don't mean the joke from the Robot Chicken script for the digital event.....They decided not to announce too many Mario games so they can focus on other things since we had Mario Kart 8

Most likely next year we might get an announcement for either Galaxy 3 or maybe(some people wish it'll be true) sunshine 2

The reason we didn't get one this year is because people kept telling them "Oh another Mario game"

And no I don't mean the joke from the Robot Chicken script for the digital event.....They decided not to announce too many Mario games so they can focus on other things since we had Mario Kart 8

Most likely next year we might get an announcement for either Galaxy 3 or maybe(some people wish it'll be true) sunshine 2

I don't mind if either of those two happened or a new innovation mario game. they are both pretty good and clings to their super mario 64 roots. xD

Edited by Zeldablade7

I don't mind if either of those two happened or a new innovation mario game. they are both pretty good and clings to their super mario 64 roots. xD

I won't mind either considering that I love 64 and Galaxy,with Galaxy being my favorite 3D Mario game

So New Super Mario bros U/Luigi U, Mario Kart 8, and Super Mario 3D World weren't true Mario games? What world do you live in?

I don't really like them all that much. I'm like only interested in the mario games that cling to Super mario 64's roots. .Not saying that the other games are not fun though.

Edited by Zeldablade7

Super Mario 3D World was as real as a Mario game gets. Same with the New Super Mario Bros games. Mario Kart's more of a racing game, so it doesn't really count, but it's still fantastic. We already have three.

I don't really like them all that much. I'm like only interested in the mario games that cling to Super mario 64's roots. .Not saying that the other games are not fun though.

If that's what you want, 3D World is a mesh of the 3D style and the typical 2D style, and it does really well. If you haven't played it yet, I highly recommend it.

Also, technically, "True" Mario games are the ones that are similar to the original NES game. New Super Mario Bros U and New Super Luigi U fit that perfectly. :

Super Mario 3D World was as real as a Mario game gets. Same with the New Super Mario Bros games. Mario Kart's more of a racing game, so it doesn't really count, but it's still fantastic. We already have three.

If that's what you want, 3D World is a mesh of the 3D style and the typical 2D style, and it does really well. If you haven't played it yet, I highly recommend it.

Also, technically, "True" Mario games are the ones that are similar to the original NES game. New Super Mario Bros U and New Super Luigi U fit that perfectly. :

I have played those kinds of mario games. I just don't find them as fun as everybody else is. 

I have played those kinds of mario games. I just don't find them as fun as everybody else is. 

Ah, alright. : Well, if you're waiting for a 64-style game, I'm betting we'll be waiting until 2015 or 2016. I'm excited for one too, but I think that 3D World's going to keep me content in terms of Mario games.

Ah, alright. : Well, if you're waiting for a 64-style game, I'm betting we'll be waiting until 2015 or 2016. I'm excited for one too, but I think that 3D World's going to keep me content in terms of Mario games.

I'm going to hope that it's worth the wait. Who knows what Nintendo will do to mario next? 

I'm going to hope that it's worth the wait. Who knows what Nintendo will do to mario next? 

After Galaxy, I can't possibly see them make a better Mario game. Especially now that Miyamoto's done with Mario. Of course, Nintendo's surprised me a lot.

After Galaxy, I can't possibly see them make a better Mario game. Especially now that Miyamoto's done with Mario. Of course, Nintendo's surprised me a lot.

When they revealed super mario galaxy a long time ago it really surprised me of how creative the developers can get. Turning Mario from a city cleaner to a galaxy saver. 

Yeah,difficulty aside, I really wonder how Nintendo will make the next Mario game to be even bigger and better than the Galaxy games.3D world is great and all,but it doesn't quite reach the epicness of the Galaxy games.

Yeah,difficulty aside, I really wonder how Nintendo will make the next Mario game to be even bigger and better than the Galaxy games.3D world is great and all,but it doesn't quite reach the epicness of the Galaxy games.

3D World was a close second for me (Galaxy 1 is my all-time favorite, haven't played enough of the second to give it a spot), but Galaxy was absolutely magical. I really hope Nintendo manages to pull it off and make a game just as magical for the Wii U.