Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Sony's pre-Tokyo Game Show 2014 conference is today

Tokyo Game Show 2014 is fast approaching (September 18-21, 2014), and as always, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan are having a pre-show press conference, and livestreaming it online. This year's conference is on September 1, 2014 at 3PM, Japan time-- very soon! We don't know if Kingdom Hearts will appear in this year's conference or not, but there is a small but significant chance that it will. We've embedded the livestream below so that we can watch together!

Click here to view the article

Good to hear they'll probably pop up again but I'm not expecting anything new. At earliest I think we'll see another teaser or trailer at the upcoming TGS or sometime in 2015.

Great news! Hopefully both FFXV and KH3 will appear with something new but then again, they might not... :P Anyways not much of a long wait (11 days) so i'm really looking forward to it. 

Even though Tokyo Game Show isn't until the 18th of September, Sony are broadcasting their TGS conference tomorrow (1st of September)..

Hopefully we get some new game announcements from Sony, especially of the JRPG variety. I doubt FFXV or KH3 will show up during their conference, but there is a small glimmer of hope that we could have news tomorrow.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-29-sonys-pre-tgs-2014-press-conference-live-report

Edited by atheist123

Eh, I'll just look at the highlights, unless I have nothing better to do while the stream goes. There aren't any upcoming Sony games from Japan that interest me. :

I'm interested in Bloodborne. Hopefully they announce something interesting. Guerrilla Games open-world RPG, while not a Japanese game, might be announced.

Eh, I'll just look at the highlights, unless I have nothing better to do while the stream goes. There aren't any upcoming Sony games from Japan that interest me. :

I hope we at least get two things

1Any sort of news about FFXV

2SOMETHING FOR THE VITA!Goddammit Sony please the Vita has potential yet you guys are doing jackshit with it heck you're not even making exclusive games for the thing like another handheld God of War game or.....ANYTHING

I hope we at least get two things

1Any sort of news about FFXV

2SOMETHING FOR THE VITA!Goddammit Sony please the Vita has potential yet you guys are doing jackshit with it heck you're not even making exclusive games for the thing like another handheld God of War game or.....ANYTHING

Trying to think of what I'd like to see, but most of the PlayStation games I play these days are by Western developers. KHIII's the only one I can really think about, unless Square somehow drops some massive throwback to their golden era.

Trying to think of what I'd like to see, but most of the PlayStation games I play these days are by Western developers. KHIII's the only one I can really think about, unless Square somehow drops some massive throwback to their golden era.

Now that you've mentioned it,even in Japan the Ps4 barely had any sort of Japanese games

Sure the Last of Us was good and all but it was never made with the Japanese audience in mind therefore it didn't interest them over their Monster Hunters and Yokai Watch games that are topping the charts now

Heck there isn't even one of those weird dating sims that you'd find on the Ps3PSP back then on the Ps4 or even any sort of popular Japanese games aside from Square Enix stuff

Sony focused more on the western audience with the launch of the Ps4 and while it provided them with the fast success they hoped for in NA and EU,the picture isn't that bright in Japan when you look at mediacreate charts

Now that you've mentioned it,even in Japan the Ps4 barely had any sort of Japanese games

Sure the Last of Us was good and all but it was never made with the Japanese audience in mind therefore it didn't interest them over their Monster Hunters and Yokai Watch games that are topping the charts now

Heck there isn't even one of those weird dating sims that you'd find on the Ps3PSP back then on the Ps4 or even any sort of popular Japanese games aside from Square Enix stuff

Sony focused more on the western audience with the launch of the Ps4 and while it provided them with the fast success they hoped for in NA and EU,the picture isn't that bright in Japan when you look at mediacreate charts

Yeah, I think that's why the PS4 hasn't been selling too well in Japan. The PS4 was made with the Western audience in mind, so Japan got kinda left out in terms of games that interest them. : There are some cool games coming to PS4 soon (Evolve, No Man's Sky, Ratchet and Clank, the inevitable Sly Cooper sequel), but not really any JRPGs, which are what have been really taking Japan by storm lately. I know there are other genres they like, but JRPGs and Monster Hunter-type games are what have been successful lately.

Also, now that I think about it, a new Dissidia would be really awesome. Something about that Chrono anniversary game that was mentioned last year would be nice, too. I'm expecting that to be on the 3DS, though.

Yeah, I think that's why the PS4 hasn't been selling too well in Japan. The PS4 was made with the Western audience in mind, so Japan got kinda left out in terms of games that interest them. : There are some cool games coming to PS4 soon (Evolve, No Man's Sky, Ratchet and Clank, the inevitable Sly Cooper sequel), but not really any JRPGs, which are what have been really taking Japan by storm lately. I know there are other genres they like, but JRPGs and Monster Hunter-type games are what have been successful lately.

Also, now that I think about it, a new Dissidia would be really awesome. Something about that Chrono anniversary game that was mentioned last year would be nice, too. I'm expecting that to be on the 3DS, though.

Broshida confirmed an announcement that will help sell PS4 in Japan.

And if you want a JRPG of the golden days, I think Kitase might be producing a certain something with turn-based combat.

Broshida confirmed an announcement that will help sell PS4 in Japan.

And if you want a JRPG of the golden days, I think Kitase might be producing a certain something with turn-based combat.

I'll wait until the highlights to see what those are, and if I'm interested. What's the project you think Kitase's working on?

Yeah,which is a huge no-no for me because back in the day the Ps2 and PsP where my go to consoleshandhelds for JRPGs.....and while the Ps3 didn't have as much as the previous two it still has a ton of good JRPGs and good Japanese games in general

But now it's either the Wii or the 3DS that I'd go to for my JRPG fill.

Speaking of the Chrono anniversary,knowing Square it's either gonna be a social iOS game or an iOS port of the first chrono trigger

I'll wait until the highlights to see what those are, and if I'm interested. What's the project you think Kitase's working on?

Most likely an iOS game....I hope I'm wrong but that's been a trend with Square every time they teased a new project

It's either going to be VII related or X related.

And in regards to something to do with Chrono, Square Enix don't want to do a sequel.

Speaking of the Chrono anniversary,knowing Square it's either gonna be a social iOS game or an iOS port of the first chrono trigger

LOL. Chrono Trigger has been available on iOS & Android for years.

Yeah,which is a huge no-no for me because back in the day the Ps2 and PsP where my go to consoleshandhelds for JRPGs.....and while the Ps3 didn't have as much as the previous two it still has a ton of good JRPGs and good Japanese games in general

But now it's either the Wii or the 3DS that I'd go to for my JRPG fill.

I only really got into JRPGs recently (Outside of KH and Pokemon, I mean), and while the Wii was typically what I went to for them, the PS2 definitely has some great RPGs. I haven't gotten around to trying any of the PS3's RPGs, but I've heard a lot of good things about them. Ironically enough, the Wii U has me sold on JRPGs this generation. Xenoblade Chronicles X looks fantastic, and the two big JRPGs on the PS4 have barely any information regarding them. Leave it to Square, I guess.

Ugh, hadn't even thought of that. Well, I'm suddenly a lot less excited.

It's either going to be VII related or X related.

And in regards to something to do with Chrono, Square Enix don't want to do a sequel.

LOL. Chrono Trigger has been available on iOS & Android for years.

Oh... Well, in that case, not interested. I like the original VII, and Crisis Core, but nothing in the VII line aside from those interest me. I couldn't get into the X games, either.

I remember in an interview last year, Square mentioned doing something to celebrate Chrono Trigger's anniversary. It would be stupid to just pass it up, since it's one of the most influential RPGs of all time. Even a game inspired by it, with the original Dream Team behind it would be enough for me.

I only really got into JRPGs recently (Outside of KH and Pokemon, I mean), and while the Wii was typically what I went to for them, the PS2 definitely has some great RPGs. I haven't gotten around to trying any of the PS3's RPGs, but I've heard a lot of good things about them. Ironically enough, the Wii U has me sold on JRPGs this generation. Xenoblade Chronicles X looks fantastic, and the two big JRPGs on the PS4 have barely any information regarding them. Leave it to Square, I guess.

Ugh, hadn't even thought of that. Well, I'm suddenly a lot less excited.

Oh... Well, in that case, not interested. I like the original VII, and Crisis Core, but nothing in the VII line aside from those interest me. I couldn't get into the X games, either.

I remember in an interview last year, Square mentioned doing something to celebrate Chrono Trigger's anniversary. It would be stupid to just pass it up, since it's one of the most influential RPGs of all time. Even a game inspired by it, with the original Dream Team behind it would be enough for me.

They could port Chrono Cross to 3DS like they did for Chrono Trigger to DS. Chrono Cross still hasn't been released in Europe or Australia.

They could port Chrono Cross to 3DS like they did for Chrono Trigger to DS. Chrono Cross still hasn't been released in Europe or Australia.

I wouldn't mind a port for Chrono Cross, honestly. I have it on PSN, but I'd still gladly get it on 3DS. It sounded more like they meant something new, though.

I wouldn't mind a port for Chrono Cross, honestly. I have it on PSN, but I'd still gladly get it on 3DS. It sounded more like they meant something new, though.

I see. Well they can easily port Chrono Cross to 3DS still. Put Chrono Trigger on the Wii U & (Nintendo permitting) 3DS virtual consoles. Make Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross playable on PS4 and update the iOS & Android ports.

I see. Well they can easily port Chrono Cross to 3DS still. Put Chrono Trigger on the Wii U & (Nintendo permitting) 3DS virtual consoles. Make Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross playable on PS4 and update the iOS & Android ports.

I'm surprised Chrono Trigger isn't even on the Wii U Virtual Console yet. Isn't it on Japan's VC already? I'd rather get the DS version personally, but it's cool for the people who want to play it on a TV or the Gamepad.

I'm surprised Chrono Trigger isn't even on the Wii U Virtual Console yet. Isn't it on Japan's VC already? I'd rather get the DS version personally, but it's cool for the people who want to play it on a TV or the Gamepad.

Nope, it's the only one left to release in Japan from Square Soft I'm pretty sure.

Nope, it's the only one left to release in Japan from Square Soft I'm pretty sure.

Oh, alright. I knew they released the other VC games there. I hope those come to the West soon, I'd really like to play FFVI on my Gamepad.

Oh, alright. I knew they released the other VC games there. I hope those come to the West soon, I'd really like to play FFVI on my Gamepad.

Yeah, hopefully they release all their NES and SNES game on the virtual consoles soon.