Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Buttercup Camera

Loosing faith on Square Enix...

After discovering how much hate SE receives from fans and gamers out in the world, I decided to do some research. After seeing some complaints and stuff around the web, my opinion remained the same - that SE was an amazing compnay.

Well, that was when I came across with the news that SE is turning the following Tomb Raider game into a XBOX ONE exclusive, which is totally a firetruckING stupid idea! Tomb Raider(2013) and Definitive Edition made an huge sucess, especially the 2013 versions for all consoles and PC! It's even considered one of the most amazing graphical game for the PC and consoles. (Of course that the PS3 esclusives have better graphics such as Beyond: Two Souls and The Last of Us.)

I was having plans on getting myself a PS4 on late 2015 in order to get Kingdom Hearts III and Rise of the Tomb Raider, but I guess that only KHIII isn't enough for me to buy a brand-new expensive console.

Square Enix is a JAPANESE company, right? Which made ltos of Sony exclusives and has mroe benefits of doing so, but turning Tomb Raider into a XBOX exclusive only isn't a waste of cash, but will also cut millions of fans away from the franchise... I was having high hopes on TR again... Lara Croft was my childhood heroine and hated the fact that she was turned into an worthless, dumb woman in Tomb Raider Legend > Underworld.

...... Why did they do this?! 

Well apparently Rise of the Tomb Raider is just going to be a timed exclusive meaning that it will come out for the PS4 and PS3 eventually after it's released on the Xbox One and 360

Either way, it's not fair. That's backstabbing 3.7 millions of fans!

Edited by Marcomax

Square Enix publishes Tomb Raider. It owns the studio Crystal Dynamics. But it doesn't develop the games. Microsoft just paid Crystal Dynamics a ton of money for timed exclusivity.

Microsoft will also assist greatly in marketing. Square Enix put a lot of money in advertising Tomb Raider in 2013, and they weren't happy with it until the Definitive Edition was released so instead of Square Enix putting a lot of money in to market it they can get Microsoft to do it.

It'll come to PS4, PS3 & PC in 2016.

It's a timed exclusive. It'll come to the PS4 later.

Just like Star Ocean: The Last Hope was, I remember them saying it was exclusively for Xbox360 and a year later it came to the PS3 with more options and better stuff.What I mean to say is maybe they will give the PS4 the better stuff? Only time can tell. Edited by Ratchet

Either way, it's not fair. That's backstabbing 3.7 millions of fans!

Their announcement regarding this is even more funny. 'Although we appreciate our fans who made this sequel possible by buying it on all of the other systems, WE'RE GONNA IGNORE THAT AND TAKE THE BIG OL' WAD A CASH MICROSOFT JUST GAVE US! SUCK IT, CONSUMERS!!'

Square Enix publishes Tomb Raider. It owns the studio Crystal Dynamics. But it doesn't develop the games. Microsoft just paid Crystal Dynamics a ton of money for timed exclusivity.

Microsoft will also assist greatly in marketing. Square Enix put a lot of money in advertising Tomb Raider in 2013, and they weren't happy with it until the Definitive Edition was released so instead of Square Enix putting a lot of money in to market it they can get Microsoft to do it.

It'll come to PS4, PS3 & PC in 2016.

Wow, PS3? Really? Can't wait, then.

Don't lose faith, they are becoming better. Like almost everyone else said ROTR is a timed exclusive. Ubisoft is doing something much worse with AC: Rouge. It's only coming to XBOX 360 and PS3, and for the first time, not counting Altair's Chronicles, Bloodlines and Discovery, an AC game does not come to PC, which is strange. They are slowly becoming more comfortable with releasing games on PC, which is good for people like me. Other than that, they have done great.