Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Hero of Winds

New Wii U Trailer is All About the Games

While I do only get consoles that I know have a fair amount of games I want to play on them (e.g. The Xbox 360 has 3 games I want, but that isn't enough to warrant buying the console for me), I do care about memory.  Halfway through my Wii U's memory and that's with just 3 games, and there was a bunch of Wiiware titles I wanted.  I know you can use an External hard drive but the money I spent on that could have just gone to a more advanced model of the Wii U with more capacity.  2 cents.

I wonder if Nintendo announced the Wii U and released it the same time as the PS4 and Xbone would casuals be less confused that it's not an add-on?  

It would have been worse imo if it was released at the same time since it would have been more overshadowed by the other two then it already was if you look at how bad they marketed the Wii U, after launch, until Mario Kart 8 came out .

While I do only get consoles that I know have a fair amount of games I want to play on them (e.g. The Xbox 360 has 3 games I want, but that isn't enough to warrant buying the console for me), I do care about memory.  Halfway through my Wii U's memory and that's with just 3 games, and there was a bunch of Wiiware titles I wanted.  I know you can use an External hard drive but the money I spent on that could have just gone to a more advanced model of the Wii U with more capacity.  2 cents.

I wonder if Nintendo announced the Wii U and released it the same time as the PS4 and Xbone would casuals be less confused that it's not an add-on?  

It supports up to 2TB of external memory, which nowadays doesn't cost a lot. At least you can use external storage on the Wii U unlike the PS4 or XB1 where games on those systems can go up to 50GB in size. I do agree that the 32GB (which about 25GB is usable) is a pathetic amount of storage but at least the option for SD cards and externals is there for those who want to upgrade. It means that Nintendo don't need to release a new model with a bigger memory unlike the inevitable 1TB size PS4 or X1's that will come out later down the line.

It supports up to 2TB of external memory, which nowadays doesn't cost a lot. At least you can use external storage on the Wii U unlike the PS4 or XB1 where games on those systems can go up to 50GB in size. I do agree that the 32GB (which about 25GB is usable) is a pathetic amount of storage but at least the option for SD cards and externals is there for those who want to upgrade. It means that Nintendo don't need to release a new model with a bigger memory unlike the inevitable 1TB size PS4 or X1's that will come out later down the line.

You can change your PS4 or Xbox One HDD.

You can change your PS4 or Xbox One HDD.

Yes you can change it. I never said you couldn't. The Wii U however lets you just plug in an external and work away without opening up the console itself. It's far less hassle than upgrading a PS4 or X1's HDD.

Yes you can change it. I never said you couldn't. The Wii U however lets you just plug in an external and work away without opening up the console itself. It's far less hassle than upgrading a PS4 or X1's HDD.

External's coming soon.

Like their current gen ports and timed exclusives. Isn't that just dandy?

Putting the best games of a generation on a new console is good. Allows Wii and 360 owners the chance to play these games.