Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

Nintendo has Officially Ended the Sheik Gender Debate

I didnt even know that was a question....

Yep, people were extremely serious about what gender Sheik was. In the context of the story, she was male to hide from Ganon's forces, but in the whole concept, Sheik is Zelda in disguise, which makes Sheik female. It was clearly put out there to us, but some people took a game concept and embarrassingly made Nintendo come out and talk about it.

They referred to Sheik as a 'she' during last night's Hyrule Warriors Direct. They even brought up her real identity, so that pretty much does confirm Sheik as being just cross dressing, rather than full blown Gender bending on Zelda's part.

I didnt even know that was a question....

The people who probably argued that Sheik is a male is probably also the same people who thought Link was called "Zelda".

Edited by Shana09

Gotta love GameFAQs, those guys are still trying to argue that Shiek is a male because Zelda was playing a male character, and therefore the character Shiek is male, while the person Shiek is female because Shiek is Zelda and Zelda is female. X____X

Seriously, though, it still baffles me how there was ever any confusion about this. I just finished OoT a few weeks ago. Zelda literally changes form from Shiek to Zelda in front of Link. And why the heck would she have used magic to give herself *ehem* male equipment *cough*? What would be the point?

I love how negative some people are towards people who are simply unsure... I'd assumed that it was possible Zelda transformed herself into a male to set herself further apart from her true identity, thus making the disguise more efficient. According to some people, I'm an outright idiot for thinking that was  the case.

Edited by Yellow Flash

Dunno if people are stupid or can't use logic right, dunno what to choose.

Because Smash Bros. having Zelda transform to Shiek wasn't enough proof, oh wait...

BRB facepalming.

Edited by OmegaForte

They ended the Sheik's sex debate, gender and sex are not the same thing. While we all should had known that Sheik, is a woman, since Zelda is underneath all of those clothes, but as Hyrule Historia, page 87, The Young Hero Begins His Sleep, mentions, the Sheik persona/alter-ego, is that of a Sheikah boy, therefore Sheik's gender, that which the persona/alter-ego/whatever is identify as is that of a male, even though it is a woman, the persona/alter-ego known as Sheik is a male, since the idea of that alter-ego, is to be perceive as a man, the character known as Sheik, even though biologically a woman, is identified as a Sheikah boy, therefore its gender is male. So:Sheik's Biological sex: Woman

Sheik's gender: Male.