Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

Is GameStop Serious Right Now?

This is a disgrace. What the F*ck are they trying to accomplish? Are they trying to get even more personal information so they can whore even more money off people? Disgraceful.

Edited by Scottish Skarmory

Also. Also. Added to this. Gamestop are trying to bribe publishers and developers to give GameStop a part of their game exclusive. So say a campaign mission in Call of Duty for example, they're trying to bribe Activision to give them that mission Exclusively. "Power to the Players?" No it's power to motherf*cking corporate's and the higher ups who get all the money. My arse is it power to the players, all they're doing is leaving us in the dust. Because once they do this, it starts a chain reaction. Possibly Amazon for example could be like "Oh, if they're getting a mission, then we want one too" and it just keeps taking more and more away from the full game and you as a player, know that all those exclusive missions are locked away on the code of the game. (As you can see. I am very angered when it comes to these things and I do voice my opinion as high as I can go.)

Edited by Scottish Skarmory

don't dis gamestop. I literly went in there 2 days ago to get GOW ascension for $19, but the dude said "would you like the GOW deal? you can have GOW1, GOW2 GOW3 and GOW ascension all for $25.

I love gamestop. 

tell me your ps nid i want to fight you in gow ascension

It seems more like they're trying to keep a record of what you trade in or something.  If they're not being obligated to do so, there must be ulterior motives to doing so.

Why can't all GameStops be like the one where I live? We have a nice GameStop with nice people who actually care for the costumer and everything is just great. I don't really care if I have to give them a fingerprint or not to be honest, because once it is done, it's done. But that just how I feel about it.

The whole problem with this is it could spread beyond game stop. I don't want this fingerprint thing spreading any further, who knows how it could escalate. I'm not being paranoid just thinking about what it could turn into.

A new policy is in place at Philadelphia GameStop stores which requires customers who trade in video games to provide a fingerprint scan. The company claims the collected thumb prints will go into a database to enable police to track down thieves who bring in stolen goods. However, City Solicitor Shelley Smith claims that the state isn’t requiring GameStop to abide by this. Here’s a few reactions from customers at Philadelphia GameStop stores.

I seriously hope this won't happen to all GameStop stores in the US. Why the heck do they need to scan your fingerprints JUST to trade in a game!? This is just dumb

its also in Florida

GameStop dun' fuqed up.. Again.

I remember last year when you bought a PRE owned game they'd put the game in a Shetty broken case even though you would had picked up a copy of the game in the original case.

Guys just go with Amazon... Like for real... You get games for way below the price on Gamestop... Not to mention if you wanted to sell them YOU CAN!!! Sure it may not be as comfortable but hey.. That's a trade off..

I use Amazon, although I personally prefer Gamestop for pre-orders. That way, I don't have to wait a WEEK after release to play a game. :