Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Kodakliv

Ratchet Reviews Lightning Returns Final Fantasy 13

So as you all know I played all 3 Final fantasy games and each one had there ups and downs. But this one made me work for it.

Overall: Lightning Returns is no where as bad as some people say it is, once you understand the time system that they introduced in the game, it has become one of my favorite Final Fantasy games! They improved on the gameplay the way it should of been from the very beginning which helps make this game stand out a bit more. The level system takes a whole different leap, and for me I didn't care very much for it. Instead of leveling up after beating monsters we have to save souls to get stronger, which honestly took the fun out of fighting boss battles or monsters, now I'm not saying it is a bad concept, just something I personally didn't care. Also being able to customize Ligjtning helped me enjoy this game a bit more! A nice fitting way to end the series!

Story: right from the start they explain the story and it easy to understand, 13 days to save as many souls as possible Into the new world also to save Someone special. So right in the beginning it sets the tone for the game, at first it can seem overwhelming but after playing it multiple times now it's easy to understand. So we get to go to four new lands, and all of them are unique in there own way, either a desert, a city of light, a wilderness or even a place where people can party for the final 13 days. So we have to save the souls of certain Final fantasy 13 characters, where some of them we fight or help them retrieve something for a friend. The story is much more interesting than 13-2.

Graphics: Graphics this time around where a mix for me, some parts looked bland and didn't really fit in with environments. In battle though it looked like graphics have improved from the previous game.

Time: like I said up above at first I didn't care or understood it and it throw me off. But after playing it again and again I understood it a bit better.

Gameplay: much better than the previous FF13 games, now we can move all around the battlefield and attack the way we to attack. We can defend when we need too instead of relying on a paradigm shift which helped me enjoy this game a bit more.

Overall: I'll give Lightning Returns! A 8.5

Cons: won't be able to beat the game on your first play through and have to replay it all over again. Annoying side quests that are repetitive but are somewhat rewarding. Walls don't look very good in cities and are just bland.

Overall series! 8.1

Edited by Ratchet

Won't be able to beat the game on your first playthrough? That's rubbish. Most people complete it on their first playthrough.

Just shorten the title to Final Fantasy XIII-3 man  Posted Image

It's not even called that.

Won't be able to beat the game on your first playthrough? That's rubbish. Most people complete it on their first playthrough.   It's not even called that.

well I didn't ;( and from what I heard a lot of people didn't.

Well that's not a bad thing, just says it challenged those people.

Yup and I even write that this game challenged me do no harm done overall the 13 world was pretty satisfying and the characters felt original and like it. Thanks Sora!!