Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Hero of Light XIV

How great would it had been if the ReMIXes got opening cinematics of their own?

Wouldn't it have been nice if 1.5 and 2.5 got their own opening cinematics like the original games all got? I mean, it would have taken a lot of extra development time and we would have gotten the games a lot later, but in the context of a world where things just work out, how cool would it have been!?

The way I see it, if they were to have done that, it would work like the last few titles openings have and just be HD summarizations of the three games they represent. For instance, 1.5 would show scenes depicting Kingdom Hearts, Re:Chain of Memories, and 358/2 Days, and 2.5 would do the same for Kingdom Hearts II, Birth by Sleep, and Re:coded.

It wouldn't really be necessary and the included games' own intros by themselves look amazing in HD, but it would feel nice if there was some kind of fanfare to be included with that game selection menu. Still, I don't think that's really a trend with HD collections, the few that I've seen anyway, so it probably wouldn't make sense to do so. But the idea is still a nice imagination teaser, to imagine such stories being integrated into one opening.

Seeing as how 1.5 didn't get that kind of treatment, I seriously doubt that 2.5 will break that already established pattern, especially since it's only  months away from release.

But what do you guys think? Any specific idea as to how one would be scripted, or even if you think it would have been a good idea or not?

Be kind.  :P

I would have loved that, but honestly I think it's better if they focus all their resources on Kingdom Hearts III's opening rather than spreading their attention out on the ReMixes as well

This way instead of three possibly so-so openings we can get one beautifully amazing cinematic that will make me cry in III

I would have loved that, but honestly I think it's better if they focus all their resources on Kingdom Hearts III's opening rather than spreading their attention out on the ReMixes as wellThis way instead of three possibly so-so openings we can get one beautifully amazing cinematic that will make me cry in III

Hope we'll see the opening/little trailer based on story and gameplay at TGS...I can't wait anymore, I need some news on KHIII  :wacko:

I would have loved that, but honestly I think it's better if they focus all their resources on Kingdom Hearts III's opening rather than spreading their attention out on the ReMixes as wellThis way instead of three possibly so-so openings we can get one beautifully amazing cinematic that will make me cry in III

^ This. Just this. Seriously, this. xD