Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
TheWayToDawn

My dad is amazing

Okay, so today my dad decided to have a walk with me before he goes to work. His very first question was, "How have you been feeling lately, about what we have been going through?" (not his exact words, but similar to it.) Since my dad and I never had a one on one talk about my stress and what's been bugging me. I found this as an opportunity on how stressed I am, how afraid I am, and just what I've felt in general.

I basically told him that; I'm scared, I'm afraid that we're gonna stay like this forever. Not being able to be free, just feeling shackled in a cell that I can't get out of. I told him that I'm sick and tired of living like this, because I think we deserve more then this stress and hurt locker that we've been in all these years. I told him that I'm so stressed, that I don't get enough sleep at night. I hate that my family and I can't go on family outings anymore to a movie, go out to dinner, or just go out together as a family in general. I cried when I told him, because I've been holding this in for so long. I told him that I want to do something to help, but I just... I just can't do anything because I'm 15.

He calmed me down and told me (not exact word from word) He said that; "It sounds like you're blaming yourself for what we're going through and feel responsible to fix it." I nodded and said I did. He then replied to me. (I'm just gonna say Dawn as my name) "Dawn, you're not the cause of what we're going through. You shouldn't feel responsible to do anything, that's mine and mom's job. All you need to do is; think positive and pray. Pray every night to God for help. Believe that he can help us. That's all you need to do. Don't feel responsible. Do what you do best, write your stories and books. Play games with your friends. Just do what you need to do to stay happy." (Like I said, not exact words. But this is similar to what he said.)

But that mad me feel so much more better today. It helped me focus on what I wanted to focus on. I truly love my dad. I wish him and I would talk more. I hate seeing him go to work. Hopefully in the future, I'll see him 24/7 and not see him go to work. This may seem weird to you all, but my family is the second most important thing in my life. (if you all are wondering what my first important thing; is God and Jesus) Sorry for rambling. I just... I needed to write this out.

fyi, all adults have to work

It must have felt amazingly good to release all those feelings. Your father is right; you shouldn't blame yourself. In this world, there are just some things that are out of our hands, and when we encounter such things, all we can do is pray. What more can you do? You are very blessed to have a father like that :)

Peace!

It must have felt amazingly good to release all those feelings. Your father is right; you shouldn't blame yourself. In this world, there are just some things that are out of our hands, and when we encounter such things, all we can do is pray. What more can you do? You are very blessed to have a father like that :)

Peace!

It did feel good to release those feelings. I haven't told him how much I've been going through. When he came back home earlier, he told me that what we talked about actually gave him a little bit more strength too. I guess him and I both helped each other today :3

That's an amazing story, and you're dad is a great person. I think that this little encounter will make it so that in the future, when both of you are older, it will make you being able to support him so much more satisfying.

I think it's great that you two were able to finally discuss what you were feeling. He sounds like an amazing father and that really shows that he cares. And what it is you're going through, I hope it all works out in the end for you and your family.