Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Cucco

Aliasing in 2.5

In 1.5 for the 358/2 movie it seemed pretty lacking in the aliasing department for its graphics. The edges were super jaggedy. I feel like it's going to be this way for BbS HD(because the graphics are redone) and with the Coded movie so I'm kind of worried that it won't look too good.

I don't think you know what aliasing means

oh sorry. I didn't really see any aliasing in 358/2 days movie. It looks good in my opinion. For the re coded cutscenes they might have it in there, but i'm not to certain that I will be in there or not. I think it depends on how long they worked on it.

Edited by Zeldablade7

In 1.5 for the 358/2 movie it seemed pretty lacking in the aliasing department for its graphics. The edges were super jaggedy. I feel like it's going to be this way for BbS HD(because the graphics are redone) and with the Coded movie so I'm kind of worried that it won't look too good.

No it's just because PS3 does not have enough VRAM to do over 2xMSAA if even that.

Well, one thing I definitely don't want to see too much of in the Re: Coded movie is...the..."Blah Blah" face...*Shudders*...there would be no excuse...

(I do believe however that 2.5 in general will be a lot smoother than 1.5 due to the developers having more experience with HD Remastering by experimenting with 1.5)  

I think they had enough time to make a little bit of antialiasing, the graphics flaws never really bothered me that much anyway

I don't, I thought this was about AI at first.

Aliasing is basically when you see a jagged image as a result for viewing a low resolution signal in high resolution

358/2 Days released in NDS. BBS is in PSP graphics. Rendering from PSP to PS3 will be easy for Square.

So I think the graphics are spot on comparing to the screenshots. They did mention that there will a 2hour extra cutscenes in Coded to fix aliasing.

Edited by way-to-the-dawn-wielder