Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
VeNate13

Theory about Chernabog

So I just sort of came up with this theory about Chernabog. So we all know he's a boss in KH1 and 3D, and in Kingdom Hearts you fight him before you fight Ansem. My idea is that he's actually an being of only darkness and that he sort of is stoping Sora in KH1 from getting to Ansem, because he is actually helping or maybe influencing him. Chernabog wants Xehanort to succeed in plunging everything into darkness. Maybe he even controls the darkness and the heartless, or he could be the source of heartless. And in Kingdom Hearts 3D Young Xehanort seems to summon him to battle Riku, and that was after Sora destroyed him in KH1 so maybe he can't die. Anyways this is just a crazy theory I thought up. But there really might be a relationship between Chernabog and Xehanort.

Kinda have to agree with Firaga. Maybe if this was Dark Souls your theory might be more likely xDIt's possible they just put him there for the sake of being a boss, but you could possibly be right. Who knows what Nomura's going to toss into .The reason i think it's possible for you to be right is that Nomura's apprently said several times that there'll be many plot twists in kh3. If we look at his stunts in kh3d, we can expect a bunch of over-the-board, giant plot twists from him.

Edited by Col.Random

Or maybe he's just there to be a boss for the sake of being a boos and he's been conveniently showing up in those places you mentioned...

Sorry to debunk the entire theory, its good and all, but I really don't think its anything other than what I said.

Pretty much this. He's there for the sake of being a boss. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't believe there's any relationship. Chernabog is an immensely powerful being of Darkness who lives in The End of the World and was awakened by Sora, Donald and Goofy and decided he didn't want anyone in his weird foggy room so tried to kill 'em. 

Well, he is the devil, so I suppose you can make the argument that simply by virtue of being evil incarnate, he is in a way behind all the evil that Xehanort does. But, I don't know how far I'd take that one.

Hes dead, really no point in fighting him again. 3D was just because it was a sleeping world and Young Xehanort summoned it.

But what if he didn't die? What if he was just in the realm of sleep because that's where he goes when you defeat him?

But what if he didn't die? What if he was just in the realm of sleep because that's where he goes when you defeat him?

Well he IS the devil, so him dying wouldn't be possible, I don't think. He was in the Realm of Sleep because Symphony of Sorcery is part of his existence. Ever seen Fantasia?

We should admit that his appearances for random reasons just because he fits on wherever we fought him is the fact, but things can still change in KHIII.Master Yen Sid and even Sora never bothered to ask about his appearance whatsoever and here where I am annoyed about the plot. He was just appearing to fight Sora like a servant under Xehanort and his forms, although his powers and characteristics are more than just working under a person who has his own plans. In my opinion, I think that an explanation or a convincing plot should be there in KHIII about such powerful Disney character, especially since he also appeared in 3D again.