Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jake

The World Ends With You - 7th anniversary - preview night (august 7th).

Posted on July 24th, TWEWY is nearing their 7th anniversary and a special event has been announced for august 7th, apparently some sort of "preview" night. Quote can be found below: 

It's a rather peculiar time for The World Ends With You community right now. The game's 7th anniversary is approaching in just a few days, the 7th album including music from the series is set to release in September, and Square Enix's store and cafe is currently hosting a campaign revolving around it. A lot is happening in just a short period of time, but is that really all there is?

Apparently not. A special event was just announced today via the third episode of Square Enix's mdRadio, called "Subarashiki Kono Sekai Preview Night" which will be held on August 7th at ARTNIA. 

Lucky fans who obtain a ticket to the preview night will be able to buy TWEWY merchandise, watch an episode of mdRadio be recorded live, and try out food samples from ARTNIA's special TWEWY menu as well as Nomu-tetsu Special dishes based on the food Tetsuya Nomura eats often (Nomura warns that the food from his special menu isn't very "trendy", but we are all certain it'll still be delicious!) 

Seems interesting, what do you guys think?

This sounds really freaking awesome. I wish I could go, but... Japan. I'm really surprised that they're giving the TWEWY fanbase so much recognition after they've treated us like crap for so long. Now if they announce some sort of sequel we'll be even.

It will probably be nothing~

Why do you care so much, anyway? Last I checked, you didn't even like TWEWY.

This sounds really freaking awesome. I wish I could go, but... Japan. I'm really surprised that they're giving the TWEWY fanbase so much recognition after they've treated us like crap for so long. Now if they announce some sort of sequel we'll be even.

Why do you care so much, anyway? Last I checked, you didn't even like TWEWY.

Last I checked I've never even played it.

I wonder if they're making sequel or if they're just trolling with us (wouldn't be too surprised, really). Oh well, TWEWY really doesn't need a sequel so I won't be too dissappointed if that doesn't happen... Doesn't mean i won't be enthusiasted if it does. :PPp

That's actually quite possible. Square Enix have started porting some of their titles from iOS & Android to PC via Steam.

I have no idea how the combat would work though, since it relies heavily on having touch interface... I think a sequel is slightly more likely.

I have no idea how the combat would work though, since it relies heavily on having touch interface... I think a sequel is slightly more likely.

So did Final Fantasy III, but they ported that easily.

Don't give up hope! I doubt TWEWY will be ported to PC, just because of how unique the control scheme is in that game.

I doubt it too, but I'll honestly give up hope if they choose to make another port instead of following up on that two year old tease. :/ I'm not really expecting any announcements at this, though, so it's all good.

I used a mouse on an emulated version. (This'll probably get my post deleted)

I'd say a PC version could be possible using the mouse. Or if you're one of those rich people with a touch screen monitor you could do that too. It's not nearly impossible.

Oh gosh. They didn't announce anything yesterday, but I still have my hopes up. So much. They HAD to say something in the private recording. THEY HAD TO!