Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

So I was thinking about everything that Xehanort said in DDD, and then it occured to me......

7 members of Light......

13 members of Darkness.........

The 7 Lights all have Keyblades, but the 13 Darknesses do not.

YET.

You cannot have a Keyblade War if only half the participants have Keyblades, can you? That would be an unfair match. Master Xehanort and young Xehanort have theirs, but doesn't that mean that the others:  Xigbar, Saix, Xemnas, Ansem SoD, and etc. will eventually have to have Keyblades of their own? And with that being said, will Xemnas fight with two like Roxas? That would be quite a battle wouldn't it? I know it would  be strange seeing Ansem SoD  with a Keyblade since he already has that large creepy thing to do the fighting for him, but is it me, or is that thing not as powerful as it used to be? At the end of DDD, Donald and Goofy crashed into him, and that was enough to make him drop Riku and Mickey. Again, it's all just speculation....but I think that if Lea/Axel could go from two Chakrams to a Keyblade, then someone like Xigbar could also go from two guns to a Keyblade. Not to mention that the way Saix holds his Claymore is very similar to the way Ventus holds his Keyblade.

Nomura has said that Keyblade transformations will be an important part of the KH3 battle system, so I expect someone will Xemnas to use his light sabers but join them together occasionally into a keyblade for heavier attacks. They will all get a keyblade, since they are all connected through Xehanort's heart, but they will have distinct keyblade transformations due to their original weapons and fighting style.

Young Xehanort does not have his own Keyblade. The one he was using was Master Xehanort's with a different Keycain. Master Xehanort has the ability to take full control of any one of his vessels at a time and while he's in control that vessel can wield his Keyblade.

Xemnas will only be able to use one Keyblade (it's been implied that he could do so the whole time but simply chose not to for reasons unknown) because his heart is merged with Terra's, not merely holding it like Sora is holding Ven's Because Terra's heart is trapped his Keyblade cannot be manifested, similarly to who Sora was unable to dual wield in the first game because Vens heart had not yet begin to awaken.

As Ansem SoD is a Heartless, he will not get his own because he has no heart nor does he have the ability to form one, unlike a Nobody. A Heartless, even the Heartless of a Keyblade wielder cannot wield a Keyblade.

As for Xigbar and Saix, i can see them totally possessed and transforming Master Xehanort's Keyblade to mimic their original weapons.

Also, Master Xehanort's Keyblade is a Keyblade of Peoples Hearts, not a Keyblade of Darkness. 

Finally, none of them needs to be able to wield in order for Kingdom Hearts to be called, the 7 and 13 only need to clash.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

As Ansem SoD is a Heartless, he will not get his own because he has no heart nor does he have the ability to form one, unlike a Nobody. A Heartless, even the Heartless of a Keyblade wielder cannot wield a Keyblade.

Um, Heartless do have hearts... They lack a body but have hearts. They are the physical manifestations of hearts.

Besides, Ansem SoD isn't simply a Heartless... He is a heartless who retained his mind and was able to possess Riku. Ansem SoD should be able to wield a keyblade since he has a strong heart (Apprentice Xehanort's heart) and a strong body (Riku). Xemnas wielding a keyblade is more unlikely since he doesn't have a strong heart. Xion and Roxas can wield keyblades due to the connections they have with Sora, so if various incarnations of Xehanort exist at one time, I think they should be able to use the connections between hearts to wield Master Xehanort's keyblade simultaneously, similar to how Xion was using a copy of Sora's keyblade.

Also, Master Xehanort's Keyblade is a Keyblade of Peoples Hearts, not a Keyblade of Darkness

Master Xehanort's Keyblade is just a normal keyblade. We have only seen a Keyblade of People's Hearts once, in KH1.

Finally, none of them needs to be able to wield in order for Kingdom Hearts to be called, the 7 and 13 only need to clash.

Actually, they sorta do, don't they?  In order to call  Kingdom Hearts in BBS, Ventus and Vanitus had to "clash" right? And what did they both fight with? Keyblades. The Kingdom Hearts created in KH doesn't count, because it was a flawed one made of the Hearts of men.

Also, Ansem is a very unique Heartless. It's already a miracle that he's able to be self aware, so him being able to weild one wouldn't be that far of a stretch. Plus, him picking up the sword in DDD seemed like a hint to me, for some reason. xD

I don't know about that Xemnas thing...I personally believe that his "Terra side" started waking up in KH2, or at least, his memory of being Terra. There's no reason why Xehanort would call Aqua  "old friend". He probably hated her the most. And the way he looked in DDD when he said "Make sure the box's contents match what's on the label..." sure he could have just been talking about Sora, but what if he was talking about himself as well?

Xehanort's Keyblade is a Keyblade of Heart? Then nobody in this series hs a Keyblade of Darkness yet? Hm.....I wonder why.... maybe a true Keyblade of Darkness can only be used by someone who is a being of the Dark? Hm...........ANSEM! :O

Xehanort's Keyblade is a Keyblade of Heart? Then nobody in this series hs a Keyblade of Darkness yet? Hm.....I wonder why.... maybe a true Keyblade of Darkness can only be used by someone who is a being of the Dark? Hm...........ANSEM! :O

Mickey has a Realm of Darkness Keyblade, but if by Keyblade of Darkness you mean some sort of "evil" keyblade then maybe Ansem will have one. I don't know if Xehanort's keyblade is from the Realm of Light or Darkness though.

Edited by atheist123

In Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance they state all 13 darkness are xehanort vessels, thus all 13 of the darkness are basically 13 xehanort's, so if Xehanort has a keyblade, shouldn't all 13 darkness have keyblades as well?

Um, Heartless do have hearts... They lack a body but have hearts. They are the physical manifestations of hearts.

Besides, Ansem SoD isn't simply a Heartless... He is a heartless who retained his mind and was able to possess Riku. Ansem SoD should be able to wield a keyblade since he has a strong heart (Apprentice Xehanort's heart) and a strong body (Riku). Xemnas wielding a keyblade is more unlikely since he doesn't have a strong heart. Xion and Roxas can wield keyblades due to the connections they have with Sora, so if various incarnations of Xehanort exist at one time, I think they should be able to use the connections between hearts to wield Master Xehanort's keyblade simultaneously, similar to how Xion was using a copy of Sora's keyblade.

Master Xehanort's Keyblade is just a normal keyblade. We have only seen a Keyblade of People's Hearts once, in KH1.

They are a physical manifestation of the darkness within a heart not the heart itself.

Roxas can wield a Keyblade because he is considered to be the nobody of two Keyblade wielders (Both Sora and Ven are considered his original selves) And because his body, if not his mind remembered having wielded a Keyblade. Xion didn't have have a real Keyblade, just a facsimile, a copy of Roxas' power. Sicne both Xemnas" body and his mind remember having wielded one, it follows that he could too.

That was a fake, It even says specifically in the Xehanort Reports that Xehamort's Keyblade is a Keyblade of People Hearts, that's hwy he was able to summon Kingdom Hearts.

Actually, they sorta do, don't they?  In order to call  Kingdom Hearts in BBS, Ventus and Vanitus had to "clash" right? And what did they both fight with? Keyblades. The Kingdom Hearts created in KH doesn't count, because it was a flawed one made of the Hearts of men.

Also, Ansem is a very unique Heartless. It's already a miracle that he's able to be self aware, so him being able to weild one wouldn't be that far of a stretch. Plus, him picking up the sword in DDD seemed like a hint to me, for some reason. xD

I don't know about that Xemnas thing...I personally believe that his "Terra side" started waking up in KH2, or at least, his memory of being Terra. There's no reason why Xehanort would call Aqua  "old friend". He probably hated her the most. And the way he looked in DDD when he said "Make sure the box's contents match what's on the label..." sure he could have just been talking about Sora, but what if he was talking about himself as well?

But they didn't need the Keyblades, Xehanort would have been able to summon Kingdom Hearts even it they where having a fist fight. I would like to amend my statement, only Xehanort needs to wield because a Keyblade of peoples hearts needed to call Kingdom Hearts (According to the Xehnaort reports) but cannot be used to open it. And I know I'm being nit-picky here, but according to Nomura the BbS Kingdom Hearts was created from the hearts of worlds.

He may have been gloating that he captured her friends body and that by trying to save Terra allowed Xehanort to continue with his plans.

Mickey had a Keyblade of Darkness, the Kingdom Key D.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Perhaps we'll see thirteen forms of Xehanort's Keyblade (counting the ones we've seen as part of the thirteen here) in KH III like we saw with Young Xehanort use in his battle against Riku.

They are a physical manifestation of the darkness within a heart not the heart itself.

Roxas can wield a Keyblade because he is considered to be the nobody of two Keyblade wielders (Both Sora and Ven are considered his original selves) And because his body, if not his mind remembered having wielded a Keyblade. Xion didn't have have a real Keyblade, just a facsimile, a copy of Roxas' power. Sicne both Xemnas" body and his mind remember having wielded one, it follows that he could too.

That was a fake, It even says specifically in the Xehanort Reports that Xehamort's Keyblade is a Keyblade of People Hearts, that's hwy he was able to summon Kingdom Hearts.

By using your logic, since Ansem SoD remembers being Xehanort and has a body that remembers being a keyblade user (Riku) he should be able to wield.

Quote from Xehanort's report VI:

The third type of key, the Keyblade of heart, came into existence when the World was reorganized after the Keyblade War. Without this key, Kingdom Hearts is forever beyond a person's reach. Only by gathering seven hearts of pure light--hearts completely devoid of darkness--may one forge a Keyblade of heart and open the door to Kingdom Hearts.

It doesn't say that Xehanort's keyblade was a keyblade of heart, just that you need one to open the door to Kingdom Hearts (what Ansem SoD does in KH1). This isn't what Xehanort does in KH BBS, instead using a fake X-blade to summon the "true" Kingdom Hearts.

Mickey had a Keyblade of Darkness, the Kingdom Key D.

Sigh......

Then that creates quite a plothole. -__-

If members of Light can weild Keyblades of Darkness, then why do people of Darkness have such a hard time keeping Keyblades?  Riku said that Xehanort/Ansem lost the ability to use his Keyblade after surrendering to the Darkness, but why? Vanitus was born ENTIRELY of Darkness, and he still gets to use one. Actually, what would you even call his Keyblade? A Keyblade of Light? Dark? Heart? This isn't making since anymore.....

By using your logic, since Ansem SoD remembers being Xehanort and has a body that remembers being a keyblade user (Riku) he should be able to wield.

Quote from Xehanort's report VI:

The third type of key, the Keyblade of heart, came into existence when the World was reorganized after the Keyblade War. Without this key, Kingdom Hearts is forever beyond a person's reach. Only by gathering seven hearts of pure light--hearts completely devoid of darkness--may one forge a Keyblade of heart and open the door to Kingdom Hearts.

It doesn't say that Xehanort's keyblade was a keyblade of heart, just that you need one to open the door to Kingdom Hearts (what Ansem SoD does in KH1). This isn't what Xehanort does in KH BBS, instead using a fake X-blade to summon the "true" Kingdom Hearts.

No, because Heartless cannot wield a Keyblade, period. Only Sombodies and the Nobdies of wielders can. And I'm fairly certain that Ansem's physical form is not a proper body anymore because when Riku's heart was exiled to the RoD, he had his body back. It's more likely that Ansem was somehow able to use Riku's darkness to maintain a more tangible form.

I was sure it was said somewhere that Xehanort's Keyblade is one of Heart...

Sigh......

Then that creates quite a plothole. -__-

If members of Light can weild Keyblades of Darkness, then why do people of Darkness have such a hard time keeping Keyblades?  Riku said that Xehanort/Ansem lost the ability to use his Keyblade after surrendering to the Darkness, but why? Vanitus was born ENTIRELY of Darkness, and he still gets to use one. Actually, what would you even call his Keyblade? A Keyblade of Light? Dark? Heart? This isn't making since anymore.....

Because people who wield darkness tend to give into it's power and loose their hearts, and without a heart, one cannot wield a Keyblade. Vanitas' Keyblade is likely a Keyblade of Light. Remember, the only difference between a Keyblade of Light and one of Darkness is the Realm from which it originates.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

No, because Heartless cannot wield a Keyblade, period. Only Sombodies and the Nobdies of wielders can.

I was sure it was said somewhere that Xehanort's keyblade is one of heart...

Because people who wield darkness tend to give into it's power and loose their hearts, and without a heart, one cannot wield a Keyblade. Vanitas' Keyblade is likely a Keyblade of Light. Remember, the only difference between a Keyblade of Light and one of Darkness is the Realm from which it originates.

We're talking about Ansem Seeker of Darkness after he has possessed Riku. He should be able to wield a keyblade.

Exhibit A: Riku, while possessed by Ansem SoD, wielding the Keyblade of Heart:

Posted Image

The Ansem we see in KH3D is the form he takes after he has completely taken control of Riku's body. Since he can wield a keyblade while only partially in control of Riku's body, he should be able to when he is 100% in control too. At this point, Riku wasn't able to manifest his own keyblade (there was only three keyblades when KH1 was made) but after travelling to the future Ansem might be able to, since he is control of a strong body (Riku's), and has a strong heart.

Okay, you win. xD I guess the kind of Keyblade is not equivalent to whether it's bad or not. Still, it would be awesome to see some more weilders around....guess we'll just have to wait and see.

We're talking about Ansem Seeker of Darkness after he has possessed Riku. He should be able to wield a keyblade.

Exhibit A: Riku, while possessed by Ansem SoD, wielding the Keyblade of Heart:

Posted Image

The Ansem we see in KH3D is the form he takes after he has completely taken control of Riku's body. Since he can wield a keyblade while only partially in control of Riku's body, he should be able to when he is 100% in control too. At this point, Riku wasn't able to manifest his own keyblade (there was only three keyblades when KH1 was made) but after travelling to the future Ansem might be able to, since he is control of a strong body (Riku's), and has a strong heart.

Again, Ansem is a Heartless he doesn't have a heart, he's merely the physical manifestation of the darkness within Xehanort's heart. 

And we don't know what time Ansem was taken from in 3D, it could well be after he lost control over Riku's body. And even if he has Riku's body his darkness could be overriding that bodies ability to wield a Keyblade.

Again, Ansem is a Heartless he doesn't have a heart, he's merely the physical manifestation of the darkness within Xehanort's heart. 

And we don't know what time Ansem was taken from in 3D, it could well be after he lost control over Riku's body. And even if he has Riku's body his darkness could be overriding that bodies ability to wield a Keyblade.

He has a heart. Everything has a heart. According to KH3D, at least.

He has a heart. Everything has a heart. According to KH3D, at least.

Not heartless, that one fact has never changed. Everything in the Realm of Light and even the Ream In-Between may have a heart, but Heartless are creatures of the Realm of Darkness. Even those born in the Realm of Light.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Not heartless, that one fact has never changed. Everything in the Realm of Light and even the Ream In-Between may have a heart, but Heartless are creatures of the Realm of Darkness.

Okay, we will agree to disagree. Right before Ansem SoD is destroyed by the light of Kingdom Hearts he looks like he has emotion, so I think he is an exception. He has his own mind, looks like a person, and shows emotion occasionally, so I think he does have a heart, but if you disagree that is fine.

Okay, we will agree to disagree. Right before Ansem SoD is destroyed by the light of Kingdom Hearts he looks like he has emotion, so I think he is an exception. He has his own mind, looks like a person, and shows emotion occasionally, so I think he does have a heart, but if you disagree that is fine.

You know what? I changed my mind. When I was writing my previous response I remembered that a sense of self is required to build a heart and Ansem is the only Heartless to have one.  I still don't think he'll get hos own Keyblade though, he'll probably just rely on Master Xehanort's.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

You know what? I changed my mind. When I was writing my previous response I remembered that a sense of self is required to build a heart and Ansem is the only Heartless to have one.  I still don;t think he'll get hos own Keyblade though, he'll probably just rely on Master Xehanort's.

Yeah, probably. I think it will be like Xion when they can use a copy of someone's keyblade. The whole time-travelling thing doesn't help either, since they could be using proper keyblades (even the same keyblade) just from different time periods...

Edited by atheist123

Keyblades of Darkness..hmm interesting,well with Master Xehanort anything is possible,so guess we'll see when the time comes.(:

Edited by darkmoon

It would be awesome if the other 13 darknesses got keyblade it there would be the coolest battles ever in the kingdom hearts series cant you imagine xemnas and ansem vs riku and sora in a 2 vs 2 keyblade fight!?