Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
TheWayToDawn

Kingdom Hearts 1 - Neera's Story

(So, this is obviously my KH1 fanfic. I know this one kind of sucks. I kinda rushed through it :P)

~Kingdom Hearts; Neera's Story: Chapter 1~

I open my eyes slowly and I see three people who I do not know, at first I did not realize them completely.

"Hey guy's, she waking up!" A little girl says.

"Hey, are you okay?" A young man asked.

"H-huh?" I say faintly as I was now fully awake, I gasp frighteningly as these three strangers are surrounding me.

"I think we're scaring her." Said a young woman. I sit up and try to scoot away from them. I'm scared, I don't know who they are. Or where I am.

"It's okay...." Said the young woman. "We're not gonna hurt you."  I look at all three of them again, I stand up, back up a few steps. I then run away from the very spot.

"Wait come back, it's not safe!" The young man called out to me. I did not want to listen to them, so I kept running. I run around another corner and run  into another young man.

"Oomf." I say as I fall to the ground.

"Woah!" The young man says looking at me. "Are you okay?" He asked kneeling down. The other three people caught up to me. I breathe fast in fear.

"Sorry Cloud, we must have startled her when she woke up. Is she okay?" The young woman says.

"I think so." Cloud says inching his way closer. I look around at all of them, very scared, tears starting to come out of my eyes. "It's okay, don't be scared." His voice is comforting. "We're not here to hurt you, we're here to help you... What's your name?"

"N-Neera...." I say almost in a whisper.

"That's a nice name." Cloud says. I smile, feeling grateful about the comment "You okay?"

"Mhmm." I let out with a nod. "I'm okay, where am I?"

"We're at Radiant Garden." Cloud informs me. "Let me help you up." Cloud took my hand and pulled me up. "My name is Cloud." He says.

The young man then took a step forward, I then hid behind Cloud still feeling kind of scared of the other's. "That's Squall, Aerith, and Yuffie." I look up at Cloud. Squall is a fifteen years old , Cloud is twelve years old and Aerith is the same age, and Yuffie is six years old.

"You know them?" I asked still hidden a little bit behind Cloud.

"They're my friends." Cloud informs me.

"Oh..." I say with relief. I walk slowly from behind Cloud.

"We didn't mean to scare you." Aerith said apologetically.

"We were just making sure you were okay." Squall explains.

"You can trust us!" Yuffie says happily.

"How did you get here?" Aerith asked.

"I.... I don't know." I say with a frown. "I don't remember anything."

"How old are you?" Yuffie asked.

"Five." I say.

"Cool, you wanna be friends?" Yuffie asked with a grin.

"Sure." I say with a nod.

"Here, how about you stay with us for a while," Squall offers. "in till we find your parents."

"What do your parents look like?" Cloud asked.

"I don't know....." I say trying to think about them. "I don't think I have any parents. Can I still stay with you?" I'm worried if I don't have parents, I still can't stay with them.

"Of course!" Aerith says.

"Can we show her around town?" Yuffie asked excitedly.

"Not today, we'll just show her, her new home for today." Aerith says.

"Aaaww..." Yuffie says looking down in disappointment.

I glance down at my clothes and pulled at my shirt. I'm wearing a purple thin strapped halter top, she then looked under her shirt and saw black mini shorts. She lifted one of her feet up and then the other and saw that she is wearing gray laced moccasin boots. She smiled and turned around to look at her reflection in the window.

Neera put her hand through her hair, in her reflection on the window, I see black bob-styled hair. My facial feature's were nice, I have oval-shaped eyes, long eyelashes that curl at the tip, and thin lips. My eye color is a blueish-green (like Riku's) and I'm kinda pale, and I have a petite body structure.

"What's wrong?" Yuffie asked. "Why are you looking at yourself like that?" I turned around and shrugged.

A month after my arrival, three newcomers arrived and I managed to bump into all of them. One morning, I decided to sneak out of the house while Squall, Aerith, and Yuffie weren't looking. The first person I bump into was a tall man, I spotted him chasing after something and I ran after him.

"Hayaaa!" I hear him yell as he swung his weapon and slained one of the unversed.

"Wow..." I say a little louder than I expected.

"Huh?" He says turning around. "Who's there?"

I walk out from behind the wall I was hiding behind and walked forward. "Oh... you're just a kid." He says lowering his weapon. "Did you think I was someone else?" I ask folding my arms.

"Uh... yeah." He says. "It's not safe out here, you need to go back home." He insists

"I can look out for myself, you know?" I say boldly.  "What's your name?"

"It's Terra." Terra says with nod.

"I'm Neera." I say with a smile. Terra and I both hear a weird sound, and one of the unversed appears behind me.

"The unversed!" Terra gasped.

"Huh?" I say turning around. The unversed lunges at me, I shriek and I duck. Terra then had his weapon appear and said. "Neera run!"

"What about you?" I asked with concern.

"I'll be fine." Terra assures me. "Now go!"

I nod and I run behind a building and watched Terra, his fighting was really good and I got curious of the weapon he has. Since I do not know what it is, and I could see that it is powerful. Terra then slained the last unversed then looked around.

"Is it safe?" I asked behind the building.

"Yeah." Terra assures me. "You must get home."

"What is that?" I ask.

"What's this?" Terra asked raising the Keyblade.

"Yeah." I say with a nod.

"You mean you've never heard of the Keyblade?" Terra asked in shock. I shake my head. "Well, it is something to help protect the light."

"Really?" I asked excitedly. "How do I get one?"

"It's not that simple kid." Terra says with a chuckle. "The Keyblade chooses its master."

"You think I'll get one?" I ask.

"Hmm..." Terra said thinking, he then knelt down. "Hold this." Terra handed the Keyblade to me and I held it, it didn't evaporate.

"I think you will be able to wield one day." Terra said happily.

"Really?" I ask excitedly.

"Yeah of course." Terra said with a reassuring grin. "If you get one, you can be trained to become a master one day. Like I'm training to be one. Here."

Terra hands me a key chain it was interesting, it was black and looked like an outlining of a black comet. "What is it?" I asked observing it.

"It will give you great power one day." Terra said placing his hand on my shoulder. "Keep it with you at all times, okay?"

"Okay." I said nodding.

"Now you must be getting home." Terra said standing up.

"Bye." I said.

"You gonna be okay by yourself?" Terra asked.

"Yeah, I know secret passage ways home that always safe." I said.

"Bye." Terra said walking away.

"Good-bye!" I said waving. I then ran into an underground passage to the plaza.

A couple of hours later I bumped into another person that day, and it was a woman. I was playing with the key chain I had just received, in the middle of the plaza. The woman noticed that I am alone and became curious. "Hi there." The woman says said bending down to look at me.

"Hi!" I say with a smile.

"Are you out here all alone?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said nodding.

"Why are you out here by yourself?" She asked with concern.

"Who are you?" I asked changing the subject.

"My name is Aqua." Aqua says. "I'm a Keyblade Master."

"Really?" I asked. "I was just talking to Terra about being a Keyblade master."

"You know Terra?" Aqua asked curiously.

"Yeah, do you know him?" I ask pulling on the chain of the key chain.

"Yeah he's a friend of mine." Aqua explains. "How do you know Terra?"

"He saved me from the scary creatures." I explain. "He's really nice, you're lucky to have a friend like him."

"Yeah, I guess I am." Aqua said with giggle. "But do you have a safe way home?"

"Yeah, I have passages I go through." I explain.

"Passage's?" Aqua asked. "Are they safe?"

"Yeah, the passages are safe, no scary creatures  are inside them." I say. "I need to go! Hopefully they didn't notice I sneaked out..." I whispered the last part a little louder than I anticipated.

"What do you mean 'Sneak out'?" Aqua asked.

"Oops I mean... um... heheh..." I said with an innocent smile.

"Your family might be looking for you." Aqua said in concern.

"I don't have a family." I said with a frown. "But I live with friends."

"They must be worried about you." Aqua says with concern.

"Well... yeah... but..." I said feeling a little guilty.

"You really need to go home." Aqua said.

"I know... Lea!" I said excitedly seeing Lea walk by.

Lea stopped and turned around, he then noticed it was me and walked over. "Hi, Neera." Lea says walking over.

"You know him?" Aqua asked.

"Yeah." I say assuring her.

"So, you got my name memorized now, do ya?" Lea asked tapping his forefinger on the side of his head.

"Of course." I say with a smile. Aqua then straightens up. "Are you leaving?" I asked with disappointment.

"Yes, I'm gonna have to go find Terra." Aqua informs me. "Which way did he go?"

"Hmm..." I say scratching my head. "That way!" I say pointing to a street in between buildings.

"Okay thanks." Aqua says with a smile.

"Wait... who's Terra?" Lea asked placing his hand on his hip.

"He's a friend of mine." Aqua explains. "You know, Neera, I can see there's a lot of light in your heart. I think Terra is right, you

might wield a Keyblade one day. Take this, it'll help you." Aqua then hands me a white key chain that looks like a comet.

"Thanks." I say holding it close.

"Good-bye Lea, Neera." Aqua say before she walks away.

"Bye!" I say waving.

"See ya." Lea said with a nod. "So, uh... how do you know Terra?"

"I bumped into him." I say with a shrug.

"Was... 'who ever she was', with you the whole time?" Lea asked.

"No, she walked to me earlier." I inform him.

"Wait you're by yourself?" Lea asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No. I say putting the key chains in my pocket.

"Well, who's with you?" Lea asked.

"You!" I say giggling.

"Well... that's not what I meant." Lea says shaking his head with a smile.

"I know." I say twirling my hair with my finger.

"Come on, let's go get some ice cream." Lea says gesturing me to follow him. "I have to go meet my friend Isa over there."

"Okay." I say following Lea. "Can I have the see-salt ice cream again?"

"You can count on it!" Lea says holding his hand out for a high-five. I give him a high-five, and follow him with a skip.

I return to the plaza shortly after ice cream with Lea and Isa, and I meet a young boy, that I've never seen before. "Hi." I say walking up to him. The little boy slowly turned around to look at me and nods. "I'm Neera." I say. "What's your name?"

"Ienzo." Ienzo says so quiet, that it's hard to make out.

"Are you shy?" I asked, Ienzo just shrugged. "I've never seen you around before." Ienzo just nods a little bit and goes to walk

away. "Wait, why are you leaving?"

"Uh..." Ienzo says but then jumps as the Unversed pops out of nowhere, and I gasp and run next to Ienzo. We both stood back to

back, they slowly started to surround us.

A boy then see's the two of us in trouble and runs to help. "Who are-" I begin.

"Run!" He orders to Ienzo and I. As Ienzo and I run behind a tree, we both watched the boy fight the Unversed. I was more interested since I saw the Keyblade again, but this Keyblade was different.

So, are all Keyblade's different?

After the boy was done fighting, a man then came from a street."Ienzo, where are you?" He calls out, while the boy turned around to see who was talking. "Answer me!" Ienzo and I both walked out from behind the tree, Ienzo kept walking to Even while I stopped by the boy. "Ah, there you are." The man said walking to Ienzo. "Didn't I warn you to not wonder off? I see we owe you our thanks." Even said turning to the boy. "We've done our best to raise the boy, since his poor parents weren't here to do it."

"Oh, you're on your own huh?" The boy asked Ienzo. "Sir, I'm looking for a friend of mine, he's a tall guy dressed kind of like me. Have you seen him?"

"Hmm..." The man says thinking. "Perhaps, I did see him at the outer gardens. Just follow this road." He nodded to a road on his right side.

"Thank you!" The boy said happily.

"No, thank you for keeping Ienzo out of harms way." The man says. "And well.... let's say I have a feeling we are destined to cross

paths again."

"Huh?" The boy said with a confused look as the man walked away with Ienzo.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm Ventus." Ventus says turning to me. "But you can call me Ven."

"Hi, Ven, I'm Neera." I say with a smile. "So, you wield a Keyblade like Aqua and Terra?"

"You know them?" Ventus asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah." I say with a nod. "I wanna wield a Keyblade one day just like you, Terra, and Aqua." Ventus smiled.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah!" I say. "Are all Keyblade's different?"

"Well... yeah I guess." Ventus says.

"Neera!" Squall yelled. Ventus turned around startled by the voice. "N-Neera!" Squall said as he spotted me.

"Uh-oh..." I say in a low whisper.

"Wait... I've never seen you here before..." Squall said turning to Ventus.

"Well... uh.... yeah." Ventus says with a smile, rubbing the back of his head nervously.

"This is Ven!" I say happily. "He saved me."

"Really?" Squall asked looking at Ventus again. "Thanks. How can I repay you?"

"No need." Ventus says shaking his head.

"Are you sure?" Squall asked, Ventus nodded. "Now Neera, I told you to not sneak out! You could've gotten hurt, we were all

worried about you."

"I'm sorry, Squall, please forgive me." I say looking down with a frown. Squall than sighs.

"We'll talk about it later." He says.

"Okay..." I say, knowing this won't end well.

"Well I've gotta look for my friends...." Ventus informs.

"Aw... so soon?" I asked even more disappointed.

"Yeah, but I'll be back one day." Ventus says kneeling down. "Here." He gave me some sort of crystal ball. "You can give it back to

me when I return."

"Okay." I say enclosing the crystal ball in my hand.

"Bye." Ventus says.

"Bye, Ven!" I say with a smile.

"Thanks for saving her." Squall says.

"No problem." Ventus says walking away to find Aqua and Terra.

Edited by TheWayToDawn

~Kingdom Hearts 1; Neera's Story, Chapter 2~

Three years went by and I am now eight years old, I have changed very little, my hair is a tad longer and I'm a little taller. But I have not really changed. Squall and the gang has changed a little bit, since they are now three years older.

"Cloud!" I yell as I run to Cloud. "Cloud! Where are you going?" I asked as I caught up to him.

"I've got... some things to take care of." Cloud says with a hushed voice

"I want to go with you!" I say.

"No, Neera." Cloud says calmly.

"Aw, c'mon Cloud! Please, please , please ,pl-" I beg.

"Neera! I said no!" Cloud said accidentally raising his voice. I bow my had as I am now sad that I can't go and Cloud raised his

voice. "Neera... I'm sorry. It's just that, it's dangerous. I don't want you to get hurt." He says kneeling down to me.

"I can handle myself!" I say folding my arms.

"I don't think so. Not where I'm going at least." Cloud says shaking his head.

"Well, where are you going, Cloud?" I asked curiously.

"I can't tell you... I don't want to worry you." Cloud says standing up.

"But I'm already worrying about you!" I say almost in tears.

"Neera, I'll be fine." Cloud says with an unconvincing smile. "Here I'll make you a promise! When I come back, when you're older,

and stronger. I will then take you with me! Deal?"

"Deal!" I say looking up quickly.

"I'll come back soon. I  promise!" Cloud says beginning to walk away.

"Okay..." I say in a long sigh.

"I'll see you soon." Cloud says. I nod looking down with a frown. "You need to back to the others, okay?"

"Okay..." I say beginning to walk away. "See you soon!" I then slowly make my way back home arms hanging low and head bowed

down.

~Cloud looked at Neera one more time then left.~

"Are you okay, Neera?" Squall asked as I enter the house.

"Yeah..." I say having a tear coming out of my eye.

"No you're not, you're crying!" Aerith says walking over and kneeling down next to me quickly. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong!" I say looking away as Aerith half hugged me.

"What's wrong with, the kiddo?" Cid asked walking in the house. Squall and Aeirth shrugged.

"Hi guy's!" Yuffie said excitedly walking in. "Oh... what's wrong?"

"They don't know. But they'll know in a few minutes, when Neera calms down." Cid said taking a rag and wipes his hands.

"Neera." Squall says now kneeling in front of me. "What's wrong?"

"C-Cloud... he left." I say having tears coming out of my eye's. It hurt me so much to say it.

"I knew this was going to happen." Squall said with a frown.

"Cloud..." Aerith said looking down with a frown.

"Cloud promised me when I'm older I can go with him." I explain. "And when I'm stronger! Squall you're good at fighting! Why

don't you train me?"

Squall folded his arms and thought about it. "Hmm... Alright! As long as you listen!" Squall says with a raised eyebrow.

"Okay, I'll listen. Just train me!" I say excitedly.

"We'll start training tomorrow." Squall says getting up.

I wake up early in the morning the next day and had tons of fun training with Squall, we did this everyday in the Plaza or right

outside the house. We had our days where we can just do whatever. So, I either go mess around in town, go find Lea to get some

ice cream together. And sometimes I'll rarely find Ienzo in the Castle Gardens. Which I'll hang out with him. One day I met this man with him. His name was Ansem, Ansem the wise.

"Hello, dear girl." His voice rings up from behind me and Ienzo.

"Oh... hi." I say hesitant. "Sorry, I'll be going." I go to walk away.

"No, no, no it's quite alright that you are here." He says to me. "I see you have made friends with Ienzo."

"Yeah." I say with a nod.

"Would you like to pick some flowers?" He asks sitting on a bench.

"Um... okay." I say walking to the flower bushes, where Ienzo is next to. I'm unsure of his behavior, but I try to ignore it

"Have you two met before?" He asked. Ienzo nods as he sits by me while I pick a light pink flower. Ienzo is still quiet, but not as

much as he use to. He'll answer some of your questions with few words now. "What is that in your pocket?"

I picked a blue flower and handed it to Ienzo. I look down at my pocket to see my key chain is peaking out. "It's mine." I say stuffing it back in.

"I wasn't going to take it." The man says with a chuckle. "Now, I'm not entirely sure you have told me your name."

"Neera." I say straightening up and looking at him. "What's your name?"

"My name is Ansem." Ansem says with a nod. "Some people call me 'Ansem the Wise.'"

"Why?" I asked picking a yellow flower.

"I'm not entirely sure." Ansem admits. "Mm... Ienzo, would you like to get some sea-salt ice cream?"

"Yeah." Ienzo says getting up as Ansem does.

"Would you care to join us, Neera?" Ansem asks. I look at him and back at Ienzo.

"Hmm..." I say thinking.

"Don't worry. I don't bit." Ansem says with a smile.

"Okay... yeah I'll go with you." I say with a nod.

Two years later a tragedy happens to our world. Heartless everywhere, even my passageways were loaded with them. In fear of

getting our heart's taken by the darkness. Cid took Aerith, Squall, Yuffie and I to Traverse Town.

I now look different since I am now 10 years old. I sit by the fountain in District 1 playing with the water with my hand. It's been three weeks since we left Radiant Garden, I miss Radiant Garden, and I hope Lea is okay. I have the same looking clothes as I have over the years except my hairstyle is different and is now even taller.

I looked at my reflection in the water. My hair is still as black as ever but now looks different, my hair is now shoulder length hime cut hair with a purple head band that parts the bang and rest of the hair. But that's all that different after that I'm the same old Neera. I hear something behind me and jumps off the fountain.

It was a heartless. "Finally! I was getting really bored." I said happily taking out a weapon.

After I finished off the heartless I felt quite entertained. "Neera, you need to come back to the hotel!" Squall said walking down the staircase.

"Why?" I asked with a little bit of attitude.

"Neera, please, let's just go!" Squall says with a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"Still haven't answered my question." I say folding my arms.

"It's not safe!" Squall says.

"Squall! I just took down a heartless! I'm fine!" I say furiously. "I'm not a little girl anymore."

"Neera, please... just listen to me." Squall says with a sigh.

"... FINE!" I said angrily and followed Squall back to the hotel.

Squall still trains me almost everyday. I know I'm getting better and stronger each time we train. For another four years I train and train, in till I receive something that I've never expected that I would receive.

I was just having a stroll through the Second District back to the hotel in till I get suddenly very sleepy. I fall where I stood, I don't know why but I black out.

I wake in a weird place with stained glass floor and darkness all around.

"You have arrived." Said a voice in a whisper. "I've been waiting for you for quite some time..."  

"Who's that?" I asked looking around. "How do I get out of here?"

"Listen to me, you'll find a way." The same voice whispered.

"Okay, what is it that you want me to do?" I asked impatiently.

"First you must tell me... What is most important to you?" The voice whispered.

"Hmm..." I say thinking. "What's important to me? Tough one... Cloud, he's important to me..."

"But, is he the most important to you?" The voice asked.

"Well he is very important to me... I guess you're right, he's not the MOST important to me." I say deep in thought. "Hold on...

Keeping the people I am close to safe, is most important."

"What are you afraid of?" The voice asked.

"Losing another home again..." I say looking down.

"What do you seek?" The voice asked. I thought for a few minutes.

"To travel to other worlds, to protect them from the darkness I am afraid of." I explain.

"You are afraid of the darkness?" The voice asked.

"Y-yes..." I answered in shame.

"Use this! Show me your strength!" The voice said and a Keyblade flashed into my hand, I gasped in surprise.

"H-how?" I asked in disbelief. The Keyblade is beautiful, the Keyblade is a bright silver, it has two thick lines, one light blue and

one light purple that starts at the handle. Bolt straight up to the tip of the Keyblade and spins into a big circular Light blue crystal. The design of the Keyblade Crystal's shine zigzags on the inside of the Keyblade. Is looks well... like a key!

"Defeat the heartless that are here." The voice says.

"Heartless? What Heartl- well whadaya know." I say seeing heartlesses pop up everywhere. I defeats them all then looks around.

"Turn around. There is a door for you to go through, but you must use your weapon to go through... Do you know how?" The

voice said.

"Rrgh... stupid Riddle." I say with a frown. "This is a... Keyblade and it is said it wields the power to unlock things.... so, maybe I

try to unlock the door with the Keybalde? But-but how?" I looked at the Keyblade then at the door, I straighten up and pointed the Keyblade straight at the door. As if the Keyblade told me what to do.

A beam of light shone out from the tip of the Keyblade and I hear the door unlock. "Good job, now go through the door. Your challenge awaits your arrival." The voice whispered.

"Do I have a choice to?" I asked.

"Unless you want to stay here forever. You must go through the door to go back home." The voice says.

"Fine, I guess I'll go. This place seems boring anyway." I say walking in through the doors.

"Neera, you must face the darkness that frightens you... but can you do it?" The voice says.

"Of course I can!" I say feeling challenged.

"Then you are ready for your last test..." The voice echo's in a whisper.

"Test? What test?" I asked. I turn around and gasped at the sight. It is a giant heartless darkness around it like fire burning all

around it. It crawls everywhere and has a ripped cloak type thing on. I get frightened and accidentally screamed, I then quickly cover my mouth and backs up.

"Don't be afraid, if you are willing to protect the worlds from darkness and return home. You must prove to me that you are strong enough to defeat what you fear." The voice whispered.

"Alright... I can do this." I tell myself.

I fight the Heartless, it is very strong. After what seems like hours I have defeated it. But it's only been a few minutes.

Darkness wraps around the whole room and starts to close in on me. "N-no!" I say in fear as I fall backwards.

"Now... Neera, never be afraid..... You have a weapon that can protect you from what you fear." The voice said. I'm is breathing

hard now in fear, but is still able to listen to the voice, it started closing in on her and the ceiling of this darkness dropped. "As long as you have the Keyblade, you will defeat what you fear."

I gasped as I wakes up in the hotel room. "Neera!" Yuffie said in surprise. "Hey guy's! She's okay!" The other's run to my bedside.

"Are you okay?" Leon asked.

"I'm fine Squall..." I say rubbing my head.

"It's Leon." Leon says with the look of agitation.

"Why did you have to go change your name like that?" I asked rubbing my head.

"Why don't you go wash up for dinner?" Aerith said.

"Alright..." I say walking to a bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror, I definitely looks a lot different from when I was ten. I've grown a lot,  I now have a light muscular

tone to my arms, I'm a little tanner, but my eyes and lips remains the same. My hair is a tad longer but very low difference from when I was ten. I looked down at my shirt and it is a purple tank top medium-sized straps, on my stomach area there were two thick black straps like an ‘X’. I then straightened my pants, my pants are black capris with a black belt that’s in my straps and a same colored belt that’s connected to the belt top belt from behind and it wraps around my left leg twice times then stops above my boot. I checked the bottom of  my hessian style boots that has a silver line wrap around from the outer part of the boot into the middle of my heel and readjusted my boots a little.

I walk back into the room and everyone stares at me. "What?" I ask awkwardly. "Well, the strangest thing happened to me

today."

"Yeah, you fell asleep in the middle of the Second District!" Yuffie says.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay?" Aerith asked.

"Yes, now please let me finish!" I say annoyed.

"Was it the heartless?" Leon asked.

"Um... no!" I say frustratingly. "This - happened today!" I raised my voice and held out my hand. The Keyblade flashes into

my hand, I then sigh with relief and looks at them all. "See?" Leon, Aerith and Yuffie were frozen and awestricken by what they saw. "What?" I asked awkwardly again...

Six months later I was just fighting heartless, they were getting easier and easier everyday. I went to go visit Cid at his shop but shockingly bumps into someone. I was reading a book as I was walking and accidentally bumps into someone. "Oh sorry! I didn't mean t-" I paused I couldn't believe her eye's. This had to be a dream. "C-Cloud?" I stutter.

Edited by TheWayToDawn

~Kingdom Hearts; Neera’s Story, Chapter 3~

"Cloud! It's you!" I say overjoyed.

"Neera? What are you doing here?" Cloud asked with surprise.

"I'll explain later. What happened to you?" I say walking with him.

"Nothing happened." Cloud says looking away.

"You look different." I say, leaning to the side. Trying to look at him.

"I changed... where are the other's? Are they here?" Cloud said.

"Yeah, of course they're here. Where have you been? I missed you." I say turning around in front of him and walking backwards.

"I've been... away." Cloud says in a small voice.

"Well, I've already known that." I say. "C'mon, come see the other's! They'll be happy to see you and-" I turn on my heel and

begin to jog of some stairs.

"Neera, I'm not staying, I can't." Cloud says.

"Why not?" I asked stopping dead in my tracks and turning around.

"I've... chosen the wrong path. I need to fix things." Cloud says.

"Well, you can still come visit the other's." I say placing my hand on my hip, Cloud nodded and followed me silently to the hotel.

"Leon, Aerith, Yuffie! I've got someone you'll like to see." I say as I enter the room. Cloud steps in and the other's get to their feet.

"Cloud?" Leon said in disbelief.

"Yeah..." Cloud said with a nod.

"Cloud we've missed you!" Aerith says walking forward.

"So I've heard..." Cloud says looking away.

"Where have you been?" Yuffie asked.

"He won't tell." I say with a shrug.

"Oh... why?" Yuffie asked, Cloud only looked away.

"Cloud you're different." Aerith said with a frown.

"I know..." Cloud said, with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"What happened?" Aerith asked. I step in between and watch the conversation, putting my hands behind my back.

"I... don't want to talk about it." Cloud said more calmly.

"Well, it's good to have you back!" Leon said.

"I'm not staying long." Cloud said looking at Leon sincerely.

"Why?" Yuffie asked.

"I've got some... things I need to fix first." Cloud says with a frown.

"Cloud, what have you gotten yourself into?" Leon asked folding his arms. He looks disappointed.

"How did you get here?" Cloud asked.

"Well... Radiant Garden, isn't the same anymore." Yuffie says with a frown. "We had to leave..."

"Why? What happened?" Cloud asked curiously.

"Heartless, everywhere. The place being destroyed, people disappearing, and everything else that has to deal with Heartless and

darkness." I say folding my arms. I miss Radiant Garden more than ever. And I'm getting angrier the longer we're gone. Darkness

did this to my home world again... not that I knew my first one, but it's still the second time this has happened to me.

"So Radiant Garden, is no more. It's called Hollow Bastion now." Aerith informs Cloud.

"We left before it got worse, we had too." Leon said.

"I'll be surprised if it isn't in a dark abyss by now." I say angrily.

"How did you leave?" Cloud asked.

"Cid helped us." Yuffie says with a grin.

"I need to get going." Cloud said turning away.

"But you just got here!" I say with disappointment.

"It's really important that I go." Cloud said opening the door.

"But..." I say bowing my head. I began to think of our last chat at Radiant Garden, and remembered. "Cloud, remember what you

promised me before you left?" Cloud thought for a minute.

"Yeah." Cloud said turning around. "But you c-"

"Yes, yes I can!" I correct. "I'm older, I'm skilled at fighting, and I'm stronger! You promised." I fold my arms angrily.

"Neera, it's to dangerous." Cloud said with a frown.

"That's exactly what you said last time... I'm gonna go with you no matter what." I say angrily. "Here let me prove it! Let me

prove I'm stronger! Please Cloud." Cloud and I stared at each other for a few minutes in silence.

"Fine..." Cloud sighs.

"Neera, are you sure?" Leon asked with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah." I say enthusiastically. "I've been preparing for this ever since Cloud left, I'm not gonna give up now."

"Neera, it's dangerous out there!" Aerith says with a worried look.

"I know, but I'll be with Cloud." I point out. "He'll protect me, and  I've got this!" I lifted up my hand and a Keyblade flashed into

my hand.  "As long as I have this, I'll be safe. So, there's really nothing to worry about."

"You're right." Leon said with a nod.

"See? I'll be fine!" I say evaporating my Keyblade. "Cloud, c'mon, I'm gonna show you what I can do." I walked out of the room

and the other's followed. "The Third District is the place with the most and strongest Heartless."

"How do you know that?" Leon asked.

"Doesn't matter." I say with a shrug.

When we arrived at the Third District, Heartless appeared almost automatically. I quickly darted at the Heartless, left and right.

"No, don't help me Leon I- Rrragh- Got this!" I shout as Leon almost jumped in to help. I kept fighting off the Heartless, half of

them were really strong, but I've managed to strike them down. As I thought I would

"See?" I panted as I was finally finished. "I'm strong enough. So how about it, Cloud?"

"Yeah... you can come." Cloud says with a sigh.

"Really?" I asked excitedly, Cloud nods.

"We should leave." Cloud says in a hurry.

"Okay, give me a second." I said. Cloud walked towards the First District door and waited for me there.

"I'm gonna miss you..." Yuffie said with a frown.

"Me too, but I'll come back!" I say with a smile.

"You two be careful out there. It's dangerous, full of Heartless, stay by each other's side." Leon says placing his hand on my

shoulder.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Squall." I say with a nod.

"It's Leon." He corrected as he let go of my shoulder.

"Be careful, Neera." Aerith said in a calming tone. "We'll see you soon."

"Yeah." I say with a nod, I slowly back up to get going. "Well... see ya." I turn around and ran to Cloud.

"Ready?" Cloud asked as I stop next to him.

"Ready." I sigh. I take one last look at Traverse Town, then follow Cloud.

Cloud and I left the world. It's been a little over five months since I have seen Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, and Cid. We've traveled to

multiple worlds, some worlds I've never imagined what they would have looked like. It's great being able to travel, fight heartless.

Cloud wouldn't really allow me to talk to many people, in less it's needed. But I don't care, I'm not in this for social reasons.

Now Cloud and I have just arrived in the Olympus Coliseum, Cloud told me what has happened since he left Radiant Garden.

I understood and felt bad for him, so I decide to help him with it.

"Neera, stay here." He ordered as we stand in front of a giant door.

"Okay." I said taking a seat on a step. It's been ten minutes since Cloud's been gone and I've become restless. Since I've been use

to being on the move constantly. A girl with green hair just arrived and she went to a board. I watched her for a moment and

decided to get up and talk to her.

"Hi." I say as I stopped next to the girl.

"Oh, hi." Said the girl just noticing me. "Who are you?"

"The name's Neera." I say looking at the board. "What's your name?"

"Annabelle Lee, one of the future heroes!" Annabelle says placing a hand on her hip and smiling wide. "But you can call me Anna."

"Nice to meet you, so you're here for the competitions?" I asked curiously.

"Yup, and I'm gonna win all the competitions!" Annabelle says with a smile.

"But, aren't you kind of... young?" I asked.

"There isn't an age group on being a Hero, y'know?" Annabelle points out.

"Yeah but, you still are young." I counter.

"So are you." Annabelle protests.

"I'm not here to be a Hero." I say shaking my head.

"Then why are you here?" Annabelle asked, looking at me with confusion.

"Not sure actually, my friend Cloud should be here soon..." I say looking around to see if he has returned.

"Oh... well if you do enter the competition you'll never win me! So I'd just give up at the beginning if I were you." Annabelle said

confidently.

"Ay you! Pipsqueaks, what are you doing here?" A small goat man asked walking over.

"Future Hero at your service!" Annabelle said putting her hand out for a hand shake.

"Y-you've gotta be kidding me!" The small goat man said hysterically.

"You'll see, once I get in the games I'll win, I'll win them all!" Annabelle said with a fierce look.

"Yeah, okay kid, you ain't got a chance." Said the small goat man.

"Hey, Goaty. She has much as a chance to be a hero like everyone else her does!" I say turning to the goat man.

"It's not Goaty! The names Phil, Philoctetes." Phil says.

"Are you a Hero?" I asked.

"Well... er... no, but I train Heroes!" Phil points out.

"Well then, train Annabelle." I say nodding to her.

"Yeah right, like she has a chance!" Phil said with a chuckle.

"I'll prove it!" Annabelle said angrily. "Come one give me a test, then afterwards I'll be expecting an apology!"  Annabelle folds her

arms.

"You got spunk, kiddo, I'll give ya that. But it still doesn't change my mind." Said Phil.

"Okay, Goaty, let her have a chance!" I say angrily. "She deserves the chance."

"Grrrr... fine!" Said Phil angrily. "And don't call me Goaty!" Phil went trampling off, mumbling angrily.

"Thanks, Neera, I'll put in a word for ya later, k?" Annabelle whispered before she started walking away.

"Don't worry about it, I'll be f-" I say, but I stop since I see Cloud exit.

"Neera, come on. You've got a test to do." Cloud informs me.

"What test?" I asked confusingly.

"To enter the games." He says.

"Who's the judge?" I asked walking towards Cloud.

"A guy named Phil." Cloud says.

"Uh-oh..." I say since I've had just made him angry with me. Now I seriously don't have a chance.

~Kingdom Hearts; Neera’s Story, Chapter 4~

I entered the arena and watched Annabelle do her test. "She isn't half bad..." I muttered.

"Huh?" Cloud said looking at me.

"Oh, nothing." I say shaking my head. After a while Annabelle finally finished her test, she is really good. But I don't think  she's

better than me.

"So did I pass?" Annabelle asked Phil.

"I... uh... yes." Phil said looking down with a bit of disappointment. "You passed, but you-"

"YES, I knew I could do it!" Annabelle says excitedly, she then noticed me sitting on the stands. "Thanks!" She shouted to me. I

only nod and get up.

"I've gotta another one to test." Phil said placing his hands on his hips. I walked behind Phil and waited to be acknowledged.

"Alright who's next?" I did a fake cough, which made Phil turn around. "YOU?!? Wh- I thought you didn't want to be in this

tournament!" Phil said angrily.

"Are you gonna get the test setup or not?" I asked with boredom.

Phil got the test setup and walked to me when he was finished. "Really? This is the test? To hit a bunch of barrels..." I say.

"Yes and if you don't like it you can LEAVE!" Phil said pointing to the exit.

"Oh, I'm taking the test, shorty." I say arrogantly.

"Grrrrr..." Phil said getting red with anger. I smiled, feeling satisfied that I'm making him mad again, and then I bolted to a barrel.

Then another, then another. Before I knew it, the test's were over.

"So, am I cut for the games?" I asked, putting my hands behind my back.

"N-yeah..." Phil said with a grumble. "Now don't make me regret it!"

"Thanks... Shorty." I say walking away with a smirk.

"I said my name is Phil!" Phil said jumping around like a lunatic. Cloud and I walked back down to the Coliseum Lobby. Waiting for

the games to begin later.

"Hey, Neera, I heard you got in!" Annabelle says excitedly. "You're not gonna be so lucky when you go against me." I smiled and

walked out to the Coliseum Gates, leaving Cloud and Annabelle alone. Who know's what Annabelle is rambling about to Cloud?

"The little goat let's two kids compete, they'll be crushed." Said a voice coming from a corner.

"Huh?" I say walking around the corner curiously.

"Oh, don't mind me." Said a guy with blue fire as hair. Right now, this doesn't surprise. Considering all the crazy Heartless and

people I've seen.

"What were you saying about me?" I asked.

"Oh nothing..." Said the man.

"Who are you?" I asked placing my hands on my hips.

"Hades. God of the Underworld!" Hades said getting ready for a handshake.

"God of the Underworld, huh?" I say not impressed.

"Yes, haven't you heard of me?" Hades asked taking his hand back.

"No and I don't really care." I say turning around to walk away.

"How did you not hear about me?" Hades asked trying to control his temper. I turned and looked at him.

"Why are you here asking me these questions? When you're suppose to be in a hole collecting people's souls." I say with a sly grin.

"Ah, you little-" Said Hades getting red.

"You're not gonna lash our on a CHILD now are you?" I asked folding my arms deviously.

"Okay, okay I'm cool. I'm fine... Why don't you join my team? No rules, no limits, and no shorties telling you what to do." Said

Hades calming himself down.

"I'm gonna pass." I say turning around to walk away. "Don't need a low-life from a hole to be on my team."

"Strange, your friend Cloud said something different." Said Hades tapping his fingers together.

"What do you mean?" I asked turning around quickly.

"Oh, now you're listening." Said Hades dramatically.

"Tell me, or I'll-" I said angrily.

"Alright fine, if you insist." Said Hades devilishly. "I bumped into your friend Cloud and he told me he is having problems finding

his light. So he joined with me and in return I'll help him with his light."

"In return of what?" I asked. I know there must be a cost to this.

"Oh... it's nothing important." Hades says walking around me. "Just something a little... dark, in that matter of business."

"Cloud would never-" I say angrily... then I stop.

"Are you sure cause his words were-" Said Hades.

"You're lying!" I said angrily walking away.

Two days later it was my first match. I got to the qualification match, which was easy to get to. Within an hour and I was up

against Annabelle.

"Hey, no hard feelings if I win, k?" Annabelle says.

"I wouldn't be worried about my feelings, you should be worried about yours when I beat you." I counter with a smile.

"Alright, let's do this!" Annabelle said taking out her sword.

I'm surprised how good Annabelle is, but she wasn't good enough. She was agile, she had the confidence, but there was one thing

she lacked. Quick to counter motions. So, there for I did better.

"Oomf." Said Annabelle as she fell. "Aw, man! How could I lose?" She started pounding her fist onto the ground.

"And the winner is... Neera!" Phil announced.

"Good match." I say holding out my hand to help Annabelle up.

"Y'know, you're really good." Said Annabelle taking my hand.

"Yeah, it's because a friend of mine taught me." I said hoisting Annabelle up.

"Can't believe you beat me..." Annabelle said placing her hand on her hip.

"No hard feelings?" I said smiling.

"Nah, but I'll beat you next time!" Said Annabelle flexing her arm.

"I'm looking forward to it." I say with a laugh.

"Alright your next opponent is... Cloud." Said Phil walking to me. "Get out of the Arena, pipsqueak, you're finished!"

"I know, I know." Said Annabelle walking away.

"Get ready for this fight, Neera, cause this fight ain't gonna be easy." Said Phil.

"Yeah I know, shorty." I say with a sigh.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Phil shouted running towards the Coliseum Lobby.

"Phil where are y-" I said looking at Phil.

"Oh, if it isn't the lost soul who can't find his light." A woman's voice rang up.

I spun around on my heels and saw woman dressed in black, she looked pure evil. "Wh-who are you?" I asked hesitatingly.

"Oh, and you even got a companion this time." She says to Cloud. "How sweet. Don't want to be alone while traveling through the

darkness?"

"Shut it you, hag!" I said angrily.

"Excuse me?" The woman said turning to me.

"You heard me!" I say, summoning my Keyblade.

"So, you care for a person that went into darkness and doesn't even have a spec of light in his heart?" The woman asked.

"Everyone has light in their heart, sadly... even you!" I say.

"Oh child, you have so much to learn about darkness." The woman said walking toward me.

"Leave her!" Said Cloud running in between me and the woman.

"Oh, so it's you who cares for her... to bad she has to see the dark side of you." The woman says deviously.

"How do you know about me?" Cloud asked.

"An accomplice told me about you." Said the woman, Cloud look at her strangely.

"Leave Cloud alone, he-he just made a mistake." I say, looking at Cloud more than the woman.

"A mistake that will haunt him forever, in less..." Said the woman. "He embraces it."

"No." Cloud said angrily.

"I will make your heart yield to my darkness!" Said the woman.

"NO!" I shout throwing my Keyblade at the woman, which she merely guarded.

"No?" Said the woman looking at me. "Why should I leave this young man alone?" My Keyblade rounds back and I catch it.

I think for a moment. "Well..." Said the woman impatiently.

"How about a challenge?" I asked straightening up.

"A... challenge?" The woman asked curiously.

"Yeah, in less you're to scared to challenge me." I say with a grin.

"Neera, don't!" Said Cloud.

"What happens if you win this challenge?" The woman asked ignoring Cloud's attempt to stop me.

"You will never go near me and Cloud ever again." I say.

"And if you lose?" The woman asked.

"Neera, stop!" Cloud shouted running to me. The woman sent Cloud to the stands but using a dark force.

"Cloud" I cry as I watch him hit the stands.

"Ignore him... And if you lose?" The woman repeated.

"I-I'll go with you, into the darkness. As long as you never interfere with Cloud's darkness and never go near him again!" I say, the

words coming out of my mouth was irreplaceable. I couldn't even stop myself. I cried internally, now not sure of what I was doing.

"Alright, as long as you hold your end of the deal." The woman says with a nod. She strokes the top of her staff.

"Same goes with you." I said with force.

"Neera, don't!" Cloud shouted. "You don't know what you're doing!"

"Silence!" Said the woman turning to Cloud.

"You gonna do this challenge or what?" I asked impatiently. She made a barrier shield so Cloud cannot interfere. The woman,

without warning hit me with a black orb.

"GAH!" I screamed flying back. "Alright, no more playing!" I say getting up. I charge forward, she moved back and summoned a

heartless. "What's wrong? Can't fight the challenge on your own?" I asked.

"No one said I can't use heartless." She said.

"Grrr... fine!" I say hitting the heartless. Not like I have a choice in this matter.

"You're so weak, so powerless." Said the woman.

"N-no I'm not!" I said charging after her. I managed to hit her a good amount of time before I got pushed back. More heartless

was summoned and I killed them all while the woman tried hitting me with her magic.

I use my fire and blizzard spells, but sadly that's all I ever knew. "You're finished!" I shouted as I hit the woman. She did a shout of

pain and fell forward. "Looks like I win." I say and turn around to Cloud. "See, Cloud? You had nothing to- AUGH!"  I felt a sharp

pain on my back, I don't know where it came from. I fell forward, feeling stunned. I can't get up, I can barely even move.

"Neera!" I hear Cloud's voice. I see a shadow above me, I then get turned over, and I grunt in pain. All I can see is a blur of the

woman. I closed my eyes again. Feeling like a failure, feeling stupid. I hear footsteps of someone running my direction.

"Leave her, don't take her into darkness. She didn't know what she was doing!" I hear Cloud plead with her.

"She made a deal, she now has to hold up her end of the bargain." The woman says rather coldly.

"Leave her!" Cloud said angrily.

I hear a grunt and I hear impact no the ground, and a grunt coming from Cloud. I opened my eyes again and looked at Cloud, with

feeling panicked.

"You are now mine child. Get up." The woman demanded. I look at her.

"I... I lost?" I asked breathlessly.

"Get up, child!" The woman demanded again. I get up slowly, it was painful to even move. As I push up on my leg, I slip and fall on

my knee again. I look at Cloud, close my eyes, and start getting up again. I looked at the woman in shock and looked at Cloud, I feel

like I let him down.

"You better fulfill your end of the bargain!" I say threateningly.

"When I make a deal, I never break it." Said the woman.

"Neera, don't go with her." Cloud said, trying to get up.

"I made a deal Cloud... I can't break it." I say, every word hurt. "Everything will be okay." A tear manages to escape me. What I've

done has finally hit me.

"Let's go, Neera, to your new home." Said the woman impatiently. I look at Cloud one last time.

"Neera, no!" Cloud shouts to me.

I look at him as the woman started making me move back. "I'm sorry." I say. The woman made a doorway.

"Neera!" I hear Cloud call out to me. I closed my eyes and with a deep breath... I stepped in with her. We appear at a place that

seemed to be a place of ruins in front of a castle.

"This child, is your new home." Said the woman.

I followed the woman out of the ruins, then up flights of stairs, then into a small room. "This will be the room you will stay in." Said

the woman. "You will be brought food tonight, you are not yet allowed to roam the castle. Tomorrow you will start learning how to

wield darkness." I nod a little and kept looking down miserably.

"I will leave you to get comfortable." Said the woman making her way to the door. "Now, don't try to escape. Remember the d-"

"I know how I got here!" I said angrily. The woman closes the door behind her and I sit on my new bed and cry.

What have I done? Am I stupid? What is Cloud feeling? Is Cloud going to be okay? I should have never interfered... But... as

long as Cloud is safe. I can get through this...

~Cloud's POV~

Neera walks into the doorway with the woman, Cloud is now devastated. "Well, that sucks." Said Hades from behind Cloud.

"Maybe I can help you get her back, since I am a God after all."

"What do I need to do?" Cloud asked getting up and looking at Hades.

"I need you to... kill Hercules, you got that?" Hades asked.

"Deal." Cloud said quickly. "Whatever it takes." Hades disappears as Phil makes his way back to the arena.

"Hey, what happened to the, squirt?" Phil asked.

"She... left." Said Cloud.

"Shame... oh well. Guess that puts Annabelle back in the competition." Said Phil walking back to the Lobby.

Edited by TheWayToDawn