Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Kok0roxGuardian

Why Vanitas is Definitely a 13th Darkness... (Theory)

I agree with the second theory that Vanitas is trapped in Sora's heart. Vanitas and Ventus seemed to have merged in BBS and, with Aqua and Ventus fighting back, Ventus gained control and moved his heart (along with Vanitas') to Sora.

I think Vanitas has yellow eyes simply cause his heart is pure darkness. Whether he was half-Xehanort back in BBS is a mystery but when he returns he will definitely be a Darkness since he was Xehanort's original choice for forging the X-blade.

Hmm, I like your idea on Vanitas being weak & so Xehanort completed his factured heart with a piece of his own. If Ventus was weak from losing the little darkness in his heart, then Vanitas should have been barely alive from all the heart he lacked. I'm sure they'll bring him back Via time travel. That would explain why Young Xehanort was in BBS, even though that wasn't canon. Also, I'm sure Xehanort would have wanted to be the one to weild the X-blade once Ventus & Vanitas forged it, so it would make sense for Xehanort to plant a piece of his heart within Vanitas. I doubt a man like Xehanort would puut his truust & plans in the hands of his apprentice, so he could just do what he did to Young Xehanort in DDD & possess him. Idk why he wanted to make Terra his vessel, when Vanitas was the best canidate. The man does like back-ups though.

Edited by NO_HEART_XIII

Hmm, I like your idea on Vanitas being weak & so Xehanort completed his factured heart with a piece of his own. If Ventus was weak from losing the little darkness in his heart, then Vanitas should have been barely alive from all the heart he lacked. I'm sure they'll bring him back Via time travel. That would explain why Young Xehanort was in BBS, even though that wasn't canon. Also, I'm sure Xehanort would have wanted to be the one to weild the X-blade once Ventus & Vanitas forged it, so it would make sense for Xehanort to plant a piece of his heart within Vanitas. I doubt a man like Xehanort would puut his truust & plans in the hands of his apprentice, so he could just do what he did to Young Xehanort in DDD & possess him. Idk why he wanted to make Terra his vessel, when Vanitas was the best canidate. The man does like back-ups though.

Also, Young Xehanort may have gone to the BBS era to collect the original Master Xehanort.

The Master Xehanort we saw in KH3D is actually Terra-Xehanort, just with Terra being overwhelmed by Xehanort's heart. I think Master Xehanort (the original one, in his original old man, frail body) will want to see his triumph as well, so Young Xehanort might have collected the original Master Xehanort from BBS too.

As for your last part, I don't think Vanitas has his own body. As far as I know, Ventus retained control of their body and Vanitas was extracted from Ven's heart and body. He is kind of like what Sora was after transforming from a Heartless to a person, a walking heart who looks like he has a body (and not a heartless). He probably is a Darkness but I don't think he would be a good vessel since he doesn't have a traditional body.

Edited by atheist123

Hes a good candidate. Im sure most of the XIII aside from the ones we already know about are probably going to be familiar characters we have seen in previous KH titles

As we know. Xehanort put a piece of himself in Vanitas, given he has the iconic Orange Eyes. Which means that he is a "Vessel" of Xehanort as he has that part in him, making him a candidate for a darkness. Also that being said, because of this part of Xehanort, Ansem Seeker of Darkness could have been able to time travel to that destination in time because, his body was at the source and another body, being Vanitas, was at the destination.

Hopefully Vanitas possesses Ventus' body instead of Ventus...I can see it now:*Aqua and Sora rush into Castle Oblivion*

*Aqua uses her awesomeness to find Ventus*

*Aqua stabs Sora with her keyblade to remove Ventus' heart*

*Ventus' eyelids flutter before he opens his eyes to reveal... YELLOW EYES*

*Aqua and Sora fight Vanitas and after an epic battle they collapse on the floor*

Then non-Disney stuff happens as Sora stabs Aqua with his "Keyblade"...

Vanitas possesses Sora, and Kairi tries to save him by fighting him. This would be parallel to the Ventus-Vanitas versus Aqua fight in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.

"Give Sora his heart back!" <--- I can just imagine Kairi saying this xD

Peace!

Yes, sir! I definitely think we haven't seen the last of our good friend Vanitus. I think it's also safe to assume Repliku could make an appearance?

Edited by Pandy Monium

Yes, sir! I definitely think we haven't seen the last of our good friend Vanitus. I think it's also safe to assume Repliku could make an appearance?

A very brief appearance is what I'm guessing. Most likely nothing plot related (I doubt he's a vessel), but when Xion and Namine are revived they might accidentally bring back Repliku too.

It's possible that we could get Riku while he was possessed by Ansem too (when he is in his dark form). We know Ansem Seeker of Darkness will return (when he looks like an adult but still possessing Riku's body) but it's possible he changes his appearance to look like Repliku or Riku.

A very brief appearance is what I'm guessing. Most likely nothing plot related (I doubt he's a vessel), but when Xion and Namine are revived they might accidentally bring back Repliku too.It's possible that we could get Riku while he was possessed by Ansem too (when he is in his dark form). We know Ansem Seeker of Darkness will return (when he looks like an adult but still possessing Riku's body) but it's possible he changes his appearance

Ugh! Too many alternate forms.....The new Organization 13 is going to be one big split-personality fest! xD Edited by Pandy Monium

Ugh! Too many alternate forms.....The new Organization 13 is going to be one big split-personality fest! xD

Yup. The Ansem we see in KH3D is technically Riku being possessed by Xehanort, and the Master Xehanort we see is Master Xehanort possessing Terra's body. One of the other darknesses could be Terranort (Xehanort possessing Terra but still being young), or Master Xehanort in his original body. Take into account Vanitas, we could have two Master Xehanort's which look exactly the same, two Riku's that look exactly the same, and Sora, Roxas, Ventus and Vanitas all looking similar.Lol.

For me Vanitas was double sealed. When Ven destroys him, himself and the X-blade and when Riku defeats Sora in Ven's armor. Any lingering darkness from Vanitas should be gone by then. But again, since I want Roxas back and he is quite a similar existence to that of Vanitas, maybe, why not Vanitas coming back?

Yup. The Ansem we see in KH3D is technically Riku being possessed by Xehanort, and the Master Xehanort we see is Master Xehanort possessing Terra's body. One of the other darknesses could be Terranort (Xehanort possessing Terra but still being young), or Master Xehanort in his original body. Take into account Vanitas, we could have two Master Xehanort's which look exactly the same, two Riku's that look exactly the same, and Sora, Roxas, Ventus and Vanitas all looking similar.Lol.

Hmm.... these certainly are some really great guesses! I've always thought that their would be a Master Xehanort who was older than Young Xehanort, but younger that Master Xehanort, probably in his 20s or 30s. I honestly believe that the Mysterious figure in BBS could have been this middle-age Xehanort, but then that creates a plothole because Xehanort said that in order to travel through time, you have to leave your body behind..... So in reality, the Mysterious Figure being Xehanort really doesn't make much sense when you think about it. (DDD plot-error?) The only thing I know is if they put Nortified Eraqus up there, it's going down! >:(