Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
kingdomlanelover

Honest opinion of Box Art

I've seen a lot of topics on how angry fans are about the collectors edition, but what is your honest opinion of the box art? Personally I really like it, I'm a little upset they didn't include Kairi this time, but all the same, it really sets the tone for Kingdom Hearts 3. 

Well, it looks good, but I have a few problems with it.

-Sora and Roxas look too young

-Terra looks pretty stoned

-Xehanort looks like Adalia Rose

Other than that, it's fine.

One of my first thoughts was me wondering where Kairi was.  Then I noticed Axel, Xion, and Namine were missing as well so I decided to let it slide, because then we might as well clutter things by including everyone, including Kairi's grandma.

But I think my true first thought was, well, Xehanort.  At this point, I don't think that needs clarification.

It's great. Xehanort doesn't look any weirder than Vexen does on the Re:CoM cover (the back). I wish they would have maybe put Vanitas on the cover instead of Ansem (because he doesn't play a big role in any of these games, he should have been on the cover of 1.5), it'd make more sense. Also, the keyblades around the border are almost all from KH2. There is 1 from Re:Coded & like 3 from BBS (none of which even belong to the main trio) Master Xehanort, Master Eraqus, and Vaniitas' keyblades are there though.

Edited by NO_HEART_XIII

I don't like it :  I really want to but I just can't.  I think the greatest flaw in the design is the keyblades.  They are all pointed to a single point to look at the title and destroy any flow in the image to allow your eye to wonder around the artwork (which is what keeps a viewers attention longest).  Had the keyblades been allowed to point in different direction through the artwork, for instance have the top keyblades point upwards and the bottom keyblades point downward, it would create a much better flow.  But, no, instead our eyes get stuck to the top of the artwork, which only has 3 character's including Xehanort's stink eye.  The other 50% of the box art that is beautiful and comprises of the most important characters are hard to look at when your eyes naturally want to follow the direction of the keyblades.  All I can think is that the need for a cover was rushed so there wasn't time to consider other designs.

And Ansem SOD instead of Vanitas?  Okay, whatever >.>

And for fun, Donald is having a staring contest with a rival bird, Goofy is giving puppy eyes (pun!) at Data Riku, Mickey is very grumpy about that dinosaur roaring at him, and Xemnas is wishing upon a star.

I liked 1.5 cover more, I think it's my favorite KH cover, but I like this one too. Though I think it's a bit too full of stuff and I would have probably liked it more without all those keyblades, or with less people in it.

I think that the artwork was done rashly, the design of the characters looks less powerful than how they were in I.5 and also the way they made it in 1.5 looks more funnier for attraction by how Kairi for example was pushing Sora's crown. But here most of them are angry and serious which make the cover less attractive than what it should be.The keyblades were not organized very well and some of them weren't necessary compared to more prior keyblades that didn't show.

Same thing goes with the characters organizing. The characters are not organized very well and some characters look similar in design which make the newcomer to get confused on who they are.I don't like how they keep insisting on putting Donald and Goofy, although Master Eraqus, Vanitas, Kairi and older master Riku would've been better.

Honestly I think that the artwork of II.5 is way weaker than all the previous artworks that we've seen from the first KH artwork.

I think I'm the only one who likes how Xehanort was drawn. It really captures how creepy he is and how evil he is. Not too bothered about Kairi not being on the cover. But overall it looks amazing yo!~

i think its refreshing and i like it better than 1.5 actually.

i really like how they both go well together and they made the characters faces larger. 

ESP XEHANORT MM HES LIKE A DRIED OLD APPLE WAT A MAN

in my opinion its the worst Kingdom Hearts box art i've ever seen. 

Reasons:

ALL OF THE TEEN MALE CHARACTERS LOOK WAYYYYYY TOO YOUNG. Except for Terra. And all of the keyblades are up in my face. They seem to be protruding into the picture like little invaders...Seriously. When you look at the picture, those keyblades are sticking in on all sides like little bugs requesting if its allowed for them to be in the picture...and do you know what i say to that?

NO. NO, YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED IN THE PICTURE.

and Xehanort...

Posted Image

JK. but he's really creepy in that picture.