Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
kingdomlanelover

Pressure on Nomura

But yes, he's going through a lot of stress. Reminds me of Sakurai, especially when he had his hand or wrist injuries for working so hard on SSB4. Sakurai still kept going on despite of it, trying to get the game done in time for 2014 release.

Edited by Shana09
Edited out the "Why is it in random" part. I moved it.

But yes, he's going through a lot of stress. Reminds me of Sakurai, especially when he had his hand or wrist injuries for working so hard on SSB4. Sakurai still kept going on despite of it, trying to get the game done in time for 2014 release.

He puts any stress on himself, no one is making him work on so many projects. He should never direct a FF game ever again. He should only direct KH games.

Edited by Shana09

Basically Nomura is Square Enix's last hope at surviving. April 2006, wow. If they wouldn't have sat on their asses the entire time and actually tried to develop the game they maybe KH3 would be looking a lot better and I would actually have hope in it. Goddammit Square, you are so stupid. IF FFXV was out already then Nomura could go full on MGS2, Melee, type development cycle kind of stuff and make KH3 a good game. But with all this pressure I think only FFXV will be a better game.

I think, at the end of the day, we need to realize that the company is just made up of humans. Humans who are bound by their physical limitations, humans who need to eat and sleep to be at the top of their game like the rest of us. The teams are working 24/7 on these titles and I'll bet they aren't getting the rest they really need. I kind of feel bad for them actually...

It doesn't take ten years to make one game.

It doesn't take ten years to make one game.

They kinda delayed it a lot, like it happened for Kingdom Hearts III. Nomura and Square Enix weren't ready and not enough well equipped to release these games in the past.. I actually prefer the way it's going now, I have faith in their.

Edited by Keyblader_95

I guess the pressure is on after making us wait for KH3 but then again he could've started awhile ago instead of making so much FF games. Don't get me wrong I love FF, but you can't help but notice how many more FF there is than KH.

I don't think expecting a game to be good, and holding the man in charge of the game to make it as such, is unfair. If anything, the pressure should drive him and Square to over-deliver and try their best. At this point, just getting KH3 and FFXV just for the sake of getting KH3 and FFXV isn't quite good enough. They need to be exceptionally good, if only to meet the hype that Square itself produced.

I pretty much understand what you are saying.

I do feel pretty bad for him and the ones that are working on these projects.

When people sees the trailer for the first time, they have questions, they ask him, and he can't reveals much of it.

I'm not really upset at that, because I just believe they weren't ready to reveal much of it yet. I mean, they kinda sort of did it the same way with Dream Drop Distance. But still....

Even when seeing the gameplay and the teaser, both says "In working progress", but yet there are some people that wants more info on it. 

It's like the first time I saw the KH3 trailer.

I was glad that it was here, I didn't care how long it would take for them to finish making it, and I remember tearing a bit because something was troubling me. 

It was like, I was happy one minute then started tearing up a bit. I don't why I felt this way. 

I just wish for them to take their time, because I'm aware how stressful it can be making a game.

Just hearing or reading that they are working hard ("full throttle") on this game makes me feel pretty bad. And I just hope they are alright, health wise.  

And sorry if its too much to read. 

To be honest, I don't mind how long they take on the games, if anything the longer the better I say. But It's just annoying that they keep bringing them up but not actually confirming the final product is actually being made for real, especially for FFXV, it's like they keep changing their mind on it, at first it was going to be a new release for the PS3, but now it's going to be a new release for the PS4 :?

Making a game is a hard and I agree that they should get as much time as they need to finish it, but come on square, if your going to release information, don't leave it for a whole year (or even more) just like last time.

I guess that's what happens when you try to do two things at once.

I think, at the end of the day, we need to realize that the company is just made up of humans. Humans who are bound by their physical limitations, humans who need to eat and sleep to be at the top of their game like the rest of us. The teams are working 24/7 on these titles and I'll bet they aren't getting the rest they really need. I kind of feel bad for them actually...

Unless Square in infringing very heavily on certain labor laws, I don't think they're working 24/7.

Hey everyone, as I have been reading articles on Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 15, one thought crossed my mind: think about how much pressure Nomura must be under. He is developing two of the biggest gaming titles in history at the same time. People keep asking him what worlds will be in KH, and how FF 15 will be different from the rest of the series. If he doesn't deliver the most that will please everyone, then these games will be deemed as failures by fans and critics alike. Look, I'm excited for these games just as much as you all, but we really should drop our high expectations for them. I mean we are finally getting KH3, Nomura could have left it just at Kingdom Hearts 2, but because he cares about the fans so much, he kept pushing forward. There's nothing wrong with being excited, but I don't think we should blame him for not putting out information, because I'm sure that he is working very hard on them.

I agree with most of what you've said

Though the most pressure Nomura is getting is from FFXV,Square has been sticking him with this cursed projecr for 8 years and the dude is clearly wanting to keep working on Kingdom Hearts but they just won't let him leave this project

Kingdom Hearts is Nomura's IP that he's most passionate about but he can't deliver quality products if Square doesn't keep the dude focused on one project at a time,but instead he's in charge of FFXV,Kingdom Hearts,TheatRhythm FF Curtain Calls,top that with him being called constantly to design new characters for FF games during the past gen with the FFXIII trilogy(of which he designed almost all main characters) and the dude is pretty much pushed to his limits.

I'm actually surprised that he hasn't left Square yet like Sakaguchi and the others who left the company

All I can say is: WOW. I am really surprised by a good deal of you. I was under the impression that KH fans were a little more stable, just a little more reasonable than other fan bases when it came to things like this, but clearly my expectations were way too high.

I mean, you do realize we're talking about a human being right? A living, breathing, flesh and blood, mortal human being, RIGHT? So the idea to delay everything for 10 years and to not release that much info must clearly be because he doesn't feel like giving anybody what they want, right? I mean, it's not like he was pushed into working on two major titles at once while having to work on several other smaller things at the same time while trying to make things work on such a confusing system as the PS3, no, THAT was all HIS choice. How selfish of him to not give us exactly what we want while he's worked his ass off, how dare he not be a god under pressure, how dare he not live up to our ridiculous expectations!? What a jerk!

Seriously guys, I get a lot of you are hyped, I get a lot of you are impatient, and I get that a lot of you are frustrated about how many dead ends the past 10 years have brought us. But that does not excuse the fact that Nomura is a human being, the teams are made up of human beings, and Square Enix at times, like any other company, seems to forget that they are all human beings. Some pressure can cause others to work extremely well and create amazing things, and some artists and creators have managed to create life styles that revolve around their craft rather than their life and they have lived content lives with amazing work (like the creator of Astro Boy). However, just because some things work for some people doesn't mean they apply to everybody. Nomura has been hard at work making these things happen, it's not his fault that development has been on the path that it has been.

If anything, Square as a company should be the only one worth targeting tensions towards, as they somehow got the bright idea that one man could bring forth their magnum opus while he simultaneously worked on his own magnum opus, requiring him to split up the team into different groups to create more games every other year or so to make sure we have something to do during all that time.

Sure, the "Kingdom Hearts Team" haven't worked on anything in that time, but you still got Kingdom Hearts games, didn't you?

It's selfish to demand too much from anyone.

It's good to be hyped, but it's wrong to want to mount the pressure on Nomura, especially when there's already so much pressure from the job itself. I wouldn't blame him for leaving Final Fantasy, but I would hope that reactions like yours don't encourage him to leave Kingdom Hearts altogether.

Please. Just ease up.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

All I can say is: WOW. I am really surprised by a good deal of you. I was under the impression that KH fans were a little more stable, just a little more reasonable than other fan bases when it came to things like this, but clearly my expectations were way too high.

I mean, you do realize we're talking about a human being right? A living, breathing, flesh and blood, mortal human being, RIGHT? So the idea to delay everything for 10 years and to not release that much info must clearly be because he doesn't feel like giving anybody what they want, right? I mean, it's not like he was pushed into working on two major titles at once while having to work on several other smaller things at the same time while trying to make things work on such a confusing system as the PS3, no, THAT was all HIS choice. How selfish of him to not give us exactly what we want while he's worked his ass off, how dare he not be a god under pressure, how dare he not live up to our ridiculous expectations!? What a jerk!

Seriously guys, I get a lot of you are hyped, I get a lot of you are impatient, and I get that a lot of you are frustrated about how many dead ends the past 10 years have brought us. But that does not excuse the fact that Nomura is a human being, the teams are made up of human beings, and Square Enix at times, like any other company, seems to forget that they are all human beings. Some pressure can cause others to work extremely well and create amazing things, and some artists and creators have managed to create life styles that revolve around their craft rather than their life and they have lived content lives with amazing work (like the creator of Astro Boy). However, just because some things work for some people doesn't mean they apply to everybody. Nomura has been hard at work making these things happen, it's not his fault that development has been on the path that it has been.

If anything, Square as a company should be the only one worth targeting tensions towards, as they somehow got the bright idea that one man could bring forth their magnum opus while he simultaneously worked on his own magnum opus, requiring him to split up the team into different groups to create more games every other year or so to make sure we have something to do during all that time.

Sure, the "Kingdom Hearts Team" haven't worked on anything in that time, but you still got Kingdom Hearts games, didn't you?

It's selfish to demand too much from anyone.

It's good to be hyped, but it's wrong to want to mount the pressure on Nomura, especially when there's already so much pressure from the job itself. I wouldn't blame him for leaving Final Fantasy, but I would hope that reactions like yours don't encourage him to leave Kingdom Hearts altogether.

Please. Just ease up.

No just no

Square is a company that sells, and we are the consumers that buy. We expect a certain quality of the product especially from the once big reputation of Square. However everything that went wrong last gen was all on them. I am not going to feel sorry and lighten up because Nomura couldn't say no to the higher ups. That his and Square's problem. Now he has to deliver big and it's the fault of the company as a whole for the hyping, the delaying, and the promises (both broken and not).

That being said, it's the management of the studio that's really caused it. The HD transition was part of it but it wass the organization that just fell apart and got worse every year

Now most of Square that is left are HD port remasters(which you guys happily buy in droves) and Ios/android f2p games. Only big games left are FFXV and KH3 from them. This is their last chance. They need to clean up their act.

Edited by jadentheman