Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Imoore4

KHCoM Does anybody else notice for 1.5 that....

In 1.5 the graphics for the cutscenes in RE:COM seem to be kinda..lazy or lagging compared to the gameplay. Anybody else notice? Or is it something I need to fix? I use an HDMI cable and there's noting wrong with Final Mix or Day's cutscenes, but when it comes to RE:COM it doesn't look as good. 

Yeah, they didn't spend as much time in COM as they did in KHFM. The biggest differences for me is the fact that Ansem's horrible 2D default face is still there as opposed to his updated, more life-like version in KHFM. Then, there's also the opening FMV which features original-faced Sora (NOT the DDD model) which I am still trying to phase out of my mind.

Other than that, though, I'd say they did a decent job. The cutscenes don't bother me much besides.

Edited by Kaweebo

Yeah, they didn't spend as much time in COM as they did in KHFM. The biggest differences for me is the fact that Ansem's horrible 2D default face is still there as opposed to his updated, more life-like version in KHFM. Then, there's also the opening FMV which features original-faced Sora (NOT the DDD model) which I am still trying to phase out of my mind.

Other than that, though, I'd say they did a decent job. The cutscenes don't bother me much besides.

I noticed that face. It's so funny. xD

The problem with Re:Com is that it has pre-rendered cutscenes, so they couldn't just substitute models with the new ones like they did in 1, or they are doing with 2.5. They would have to remake all the cutscenes of the game, so they just did a little ''hd-ing'' on them and left them as they were. The biggest problem with me is Ansem old model, he looks very....weird

Edited by Fenrissychros

The Cutscenes in Re:CoM were terrible IMO. They would of done a better job. Lets hope they don't make the same mistake with much better games in the series. Re:CoM was one of those games where i didn't really care about compared to Birth by sleep final mix and Kingdom hearts 2 Final mix.

The problem with Re:Com is that it has pre-rendered cutscenes, so they couldn't just substitute models with the new ones like they did in 1, or they are doing with 2.5. They would have to remake all the cutscenes of the game, so they just did a little ''hd-ing'' on them and left them as they were. The biggest problem with me is Ansem old model, he looks very....weird

They could have real timed that intro. Problem was they were probably too lazy and it would have probably took more time and money to real time all the scenes even though it would have been better they opted the easier way, to upscale the scenes

They could have real timed that intro. Problem was they were probably too lazy and it would have probably took more time and money to real time all the scenes even though it would have been better they opted the easier way, to upscale the scenes

Then the game would have been released by January or February

How could they? They would of had to remake every single video in realtime. No money, no time. Just like you said. How is more time and money lazy? Devs are given a time limit. Devs are giving a certain amount of funds. You have no understanding of games development process and the incredible complexity and difficulty associated with it. How do you know what is best for the company and devs. You don't. This isn't an indie game where you have no limits and have kickstarters. You can be in your own little world where the sky is the limit to make yourself feel better. Also there is a fine line between lazyness and bad management.

Here's the reason for it.

re:CoM had prerendered cutscenes that were rendered out on the computer and not the PS2. They never made in game cutscene animation for reCOM for the PS2. Every cutscene in that game was a video not real time. There is nothing wrong with prerenders in videos games. People do it all the time. The reason they did it this time I have no clue. Blame the OSAKA Team if you need someone to blame. Original Devs had nothin to do with it.

So you say why not just update it. Well you can't just update it. Remaking the cutscenes for recom would take as long as making a video game.

Remake as in:

New animation

New Programming

Not only that. If you wanted to make it realtime then you would need a large programming team. You can't just make a 320p video not look blurry. So they went back to their highest quality source they had of the cutscene prerenders and used that for the PS3 collection. They converted it down from the source for the PS2/PS3 version. It's blurry becuase its a video. It also does lack AA for some reason I don't understand.

All 99 cutscenes in Re:Chain of Memories were pre-rendered for the PS2. Square Enix didn't do much work on the pre-rendered cutscenes in this HD collection.

Yea, but at least those cutscenes don't look as blurry as the PS2 version :/ 

How dare you make fun of my default face?? lol

I once saw a vid highlighting 1.5 flaws, and they talked about how the fight cut scenes seemed very blurry, also, the models of Sora and Ansem in KH Final Mix were from DDD, but they apparently didn't put them in 'RE:COM.

I once saw a vid highlighting 1.5 flaws, and they talked about how the fight cut scenes seemed very blurry, also, the models of Sora and Ansem in KH Final Mix were from DDD, but they apparently didn't put them in 'RE:COM.

Sora's DDD model was ported, but you can still see the original model in the FMVs. Ansem's model wasn't ported, though.

I think this is a problem many HD remasters face... If I remember correctly, for the God of War collections they didn't put much effort into the cutscenes, but made the in-game graphics improved considerably. It's all an optimization and prioritization problem.

In 1.5 the graphics for the cutscenes in RE:COM seem to be kinda..lazy or lagging compared to the gameplay. Anybody else notice? Or is it something I need to fix? I use an HDMI cable and there's noting wrong with Final Mix or Day's cutscenes, but when it comes to RE:COM it doesn't look as good. 

Even Square Enix didn't care a lot about CoM...

I dont understand why people complain about these prerenders. GoW HD Collection is the same. Uses its "original" prerenders and its horirible but nobody ever complains about them.