Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
TheWayToDawn

The Hunger Games Simulator

The Hunger Games does not belong to me. The original author who owns the Hunger Games is, Suzzane Collins.

The Hunger Games Simulator - The System  

"Hi Chel, guess where I'm standing! :D" I sent this text to my best friend Chelsea. She's currently in Italy on a family trip with her family. Her and I have been texting back and forth every other day, to see how one another is doing. My phone vibrates and makes a sound.

"Hey Kay! Idk tell me!" I read her text and smiled. My thumbs dance around the letters, trying to make a hint where I'm at and what for.

"Ok, Im in a looonng line waitin for s certain something :)" I replied. I smile, hoping she knows where I'm standing. I've been waiting for the game to come out for over a year. It's been in three years of development. It's called: The Hunger Games Simulator. Ever since it was announced, I was so excited and been following the production ever since.

My phone vibrates again and I check my phone. "I need more hints than that ;)" She replied.

"It has to deal with something that I've been waiting for over a yr." I text back. I smile, I know she's messing with me. Because this is all I've been talking about. When not "all" but what I've been talking about the most.

"Ok ok I give. Youre waiting in line at the game store for The Hunger Games Simulator." She texts back. I smile and quickly text her back.

"Yes yes I am! I am sooo excited! Ive been waitin for it for a yr! :D :D :D" I reply quickly. No need for grammar when you're this excited, right? I've actually been waiting in this line with these people all night. My mom is lying down in the sleeping bag on the ground. I'm sitting next to her.

"Oooh, when you I get back. You have to let me try it!" She texted to me. I smile and shake my head. The reason why she wants to play this game so badly, is because she thinks Gale is gonna be in the game. Which I highly doubt. It's a simulator with online players as tributes. You get to do just exactly what the people of Panem would do if they have been Reaped. Except, you know you're the one that's being Reaped. They'll sometimes make you volunteer to give you better publicity for the Gamemakers and the other people of Panem. To give you a better image.

"I thought you said you had one on back order -_-" I reply irritably.  I don't know why I'm irritated. Maybe because I'll be the one that's buying it. I've saved money up for this all year. It's an eight hundred-dollar piece. Makes sense, because its virtual reality. One of the best qualities you can ever get at this point time. I have a little over a thousand because I wanted to be sure that I have enough.

"OMG I was so just kidding Kay! Lighten up will ya! Its gonna arrive at my house on the 6th." She replied. I smile. I was kind of being protective over it. And I haven't even received it.

"Yeah I know, sorry Chel. I'm just so excited. I've been doing dog walking, yard work, and baby satting all year for this." I text back. Then I groan when I see I spelt "Sitting" wrong. "*sitting" I add with another text.

"No biggy. Maybe you and I can team up when we play together. And beat everyone together!" She replied. I look at the time it's '6:54' and that means the doors are gonna open in five minutes.

"You know we won't be in the same district right? :/" I text back. I shake my mom awake and she opens her eyes. "Five minutes till doors open." My mom nods and rubs her eyes.

"Oh ya i kno that silly. oh girlie I gtg. parents takin me out to lunch." She texted.

I nod and quickly texted. "M'kai ttyl" 

I stand up and tap my foot eagerly. Checking my phone every ten seconds.

'6:56' Hurry up!
'6:57' Come on, come on, come on!
'6:58' Why does this time have to go so slow?
'6:59' One minute! One minute! Yes, one minute!
'7:00' Okay doors open!

I stand waiting for the doors to open. Why isn't the doors opening? It's 7:00! Hurry up people! I look at my phone, it's 7:01 already. What's going? Hurry up people!

"Calm down, sweetie." Mom says to me touching my shoulder. "The doors are gonna open. Stop pacing." She smiles at me and shakes her head.

"Yeah but it's already seven 'o' one." I say with a frown. "Oh, never mind. Seven 'o' two!" I look at my phone angrily.

"They never open the doors on time. You should know that." Mom says with a reassuring smile. "Just calm down. You can play it all day, so don't worry." I hear the sound of a door unlocking and I jerk my head quickly at the door. My body filled with tingling excitement.

"Sorry everyone, we didn't get the shipment in!" The game store manager said. He looked around at all of our confused faces. "Which means we don't have The Hunger Games Simulator." The crowed ground with anger and frustration, even I did. "Hah! Just kidding, come on in everybody! In an orderly fashion please." He says with a laugh and gestures us all in to follow.

I shake my head and fold my arms angrily. I got bummed for nothing. I follow the crowed slowly through the doors. I'm fifth in line, so I'm gonna be in and out fast. I take out my money real quick and hold it tightly in my hands. Getting ready to buy it. My mom follows me, holding onto my jacket sleeve as she does. Like I'm ten years old and I can get lost and not find my way home without her. But I'm fifteen and a half. She doesn't need to guard me.

I try to shake her off, but when I glance at her I see her glaring at me. I just let her hold on to my jacket sleeve and keep my spot. After about ten minutes, it's my turn.

"Hello, Kaylie." Joe says as he gets the stuff from under the desk. "I expected you to be here." He takes out the HGS (which is the virtual reality goggles.) And a piece to connect to it. It's a piece that helps me connect to internet and stay on till the game. It also tracks the progress of my game. It's call the VRITS, in long terms, Virtual Reality Internet Transport System. So I call it Vrits. Instead of saying every single letter.

"Yeah, of course you knew." I say with a smile. "How much?" I asked eagerly.

"That'll be Eight hundred and sixty-nine, fifty-two cents." He says look at cashier screen. I quickly start going through my money, 850, 860, and 870!

"Keep the change." I say handing it to him. The reason why it's extra is because the piece I'm buying. Not everyone is buying the VRITS. Only people who can afford a little extra or understand it's capability.

"Thanks, Kaylie." He says as he handed over the stuff. I grabbed the stuff eagerly.

"No, thank you!" I squeaked excitedly. "Have fun with the customers." I leave out of the shop as quick as possible with mom. I walk really fast to the car, holding the boxes carefully in one arm as I open the car door. When I open it. I put the boxes in the middle compartment between the passenger and driver seat. I jump into the car and put the boxes on my lap. Holding onto them tightly.

"Wow, you're eager." Mom says with a smile. "Before you go in that thing, you need to eat, okay?" Mom says with a serious look.

"I hear that you can be in there up to five hours." She's staring at me to make sure I'm getting every word.

"Okay, okay!" I say. "Quick toast and cereal or whatever. Then into the game I go!" I start tapping my feet on the ground excitedly. I can hardly wait to start.

After breakfast, showering, and having to go to the bathroom because my mom told me to. I finally open up my HGS box and the VRITS box. I read the label on the HGS box.

Eat before going into game. Make sure you have time to play for at least four hours. And try not to leave game at any costs, it will mess up the other players game and they will have to restart in less you are in the Games, then you will be counted as an "Eliminated Tribute." It will go on to your record. Please be careful as you use this.
Contact the HGS Services for any services of help. Enjoy the game, and may the odds ever be in your favor.

I grin at the last touch they did. Might as well keep it Hunger Gamesish. I take out the HGS and I'm amazed. It looks so... awesome! It has the Mockingjay symbol on each side with a "HGS" words that are caught on fire. Catching Fire design, I like that. That's actually my favorite book of the series so that's probably why I love it a lot more than I should. I take off the bubble wrapper and foam and cardboard boxes. It's amazing, it's completely black with those symbol's that gives it the color. It has a connector piece in front of the symbol on the left of the goggles.

I bet that's where the VRITS goes. There's a mic on the HGS that I can pull down in games play. I place the HGS carefully on my bedside table and then begin to open the VRITS box. One I open the VRITS box, which is much smaller than the HGS box, I see the piece wrapped in a lot of stuff. I carefully unwrap it, knowing it must be the most fragile piece. When I hold it up, it's like a short thick antennae with a connector piece for the HGS. I try to observe it as mush as possible, but I don't want my glasses to get bumped by the VRITS.

I shake my head not caring with the thing looks like and put the boxes down on the ground. I stick the VRITS in the HGS carefully. I see the VRITS glow and I know it's ready.

"Mom, I'm gonna go in the HGS!" I shout to her. I wait for her response.

"Okay!" She shouts from down stairs.

I smile and make a small peep of excitement. I take off my glasses and put them on my bedside table. I put on the HGS carefully and slowly lay down on my bed. I open my eyes and then turn on the HGS. I pull down the mic to my mouth and get ready. The screen slowly brighten for my eyes to slowly adjust. A woman with coco brown skin, dark brown hair with a wave to her hair, and big brown beautiful eyes. Appears in front of me.

"Welcome to The Hunger Games Simulator." The woman says. She looks animated but also looks so real. "In The Hunger Games Simulator, you will be randomly put in a District. You will be Reaped, you will be trained, interviewed, and you will enter the games with the other Tributes. You can make a team or work alone. It is your choice. Now remember, the strategies you take, make sure they are ones that you would make. Now, before we begin, what is your name?"

"Kaylie Amber Jones." I say clearly into the mic.

"Kaylie Amber Jones." The woman repeated. "Is this correct?"

"Yes." I say with a nod.

"Are you a male or female?" The woman asked.

"Female." I say looking at her strange.

"Now, miss Jones, onto the creative process." The woman says. "The creative process is where you can create yourself the way you want to look. You can change your hair, eyes, clothes, skin, and other features. Now, if you may. Turn around and you will find a mirror."

I do as she says and turn around. My body turns in the games, but in my room I don't move a muscle. The game goes by your thoughts, not body motions. I see my character profile. Really skinny, pale, grey eyes, light brown short hair, in black bra and underwear because I have not yet chosen my clothes.

"Now choose what you want for your facial features." The woman's voice rings up. I flinch and walk up closer to the mirror.

I look in the drawers and see booklets with different tabs. I look through the hair style tab and choose the "Fishtail Hair." It is to the side with bangs hanging out. I make my hair black, with two streaks of red in my bangs and one streak of red in the braided part. I look into the eye shape booklet, this is weird. I choose the "Downturned eyes" and make my eyes dark green. I choose the

"Close Points" lips. I then choose the "Slightly Upturned" nose. My face is transforming, it looks amazing. I then say "Done."

"Are you satisfied with your look?" The woman asked.

"Yes." I say with a nod as I smile at the mirror. I'm checking how I look, it may look plain, but to me this is amazing.

"You have been selected to be in District 4." The woman informs me. "Choose the clothing options for District 4 that mostly fits your personality."

I choose an Empire Waist type of shirt, that is tan brown color. I choose a cropped type of pants that has only pockets in the front, it is a light brown color. I then choose a moccasin long boots, which is dark brown. I observe myself in the mirror, I nod in approval and then say. "Finished."

"Are you happy with your look?" The woman asked me as I turned around.

"Yeah." I say.

"Then you will be transported to your District." The woman informs me. "Now please take the train that is on your right." I look to my right and a train appears. I make my way to the train, feeling please with myself. I wonder who the Tribute is going to be in my District. And I'm curious why I've been chosen to go to District 4. No matter. I am fine with this choice. I could've been transported to 11.

I enter the train and turn just in time to see the train doors close behind me. "Now parting to District 4." A voice said through the speakers. I nod and sit on a bench seat in the train, waiting to arrive at my destination.

Edited by TheWayToDawn

Oooo a mix of Hunger Games and a tiny bit of Sword Art Online, that's really interesting! Can't wait for more :D