Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse (PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC)

Namco Bandai has expressed that putting GT in video games is pretty much not going to happen anymore. I don't blame them to be honest.

I've only checked out copies from my library or demos of more recent titles, and I'm sad to say that not having GT characters is off-putting for me. Pan's my favorite DragonBall character altogether. The fact that they're outcasting an arc from their games that I have a personal preference for really depresses me.

Edited by Hero of Winds

I've only checked out copies from my library or demos of more recent titles, and I'm sad to say that not having GT characters is off-putting for me. Pan's my favorite DragonBall character all together. The fact that they're outcasting an arc from their games that I have a personal preference for really depresses me.

But GT sucked ass. Is what most of the majority of the fans think anyway, heh. So that's why they're going with it. Like I said, I don't blame them. Especially when SSJ4 is clearly out and SSJ God is cleary IN, my friend.

But GT sucked ass. Is what most of the majority of the fans think anyway, heh. So that's why they're going with it. Like I said, I don't blame them. Especially when SSJ4 is clearly out and SSJ God is cleary IN, my friend.

That doesn't give them the right to leave out something that other fans enjoyed. That's pathetic. If someone doesn't like something, they can just deal with it. As for me, I dun like that they're leaving it out, and I deal with it. I've played the new games that leave it out and due to the new gameplay mechanics, I've dropped out of playing the games, as the gameplay mechanics really sucked. Hell, Battleof Z sucked, and that was after I've played the demo on my PS3 and my friends Xbox copy. The fun multiplayer is sucked away by only being allowed for experience online. 

Edited by Hero of Winds

That doesn't give them the right to leave out something that other fans enjoyed. That's pathetic. If someone doesn't like something, they can just deal with it. As for me, I dun like that they're leaving it out, and I deal with it. I've played the new games that leave it out and due to the new gameplay mechanics, I've dropped out of playing the games, as the gameplay mechanics really sucked. Hell, Battleof Z sucked, and that was after I've played the demo on my PS3 and my friends Xbox copy. The fun multiplayer is sucked away by only being allowed for experience online. 

Dude, GT does not get mass appeal. That's fact. I Know you love GT but the rest of us who don't like it outnumber you and the fans who do like it. Again, fact. Maybe if GT was a better series, they'd have more reason to put them in the newer games.

Also, the newer games (sans Ultimate Tenkaichi and up) have all been re-hashes, for the most part, of Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi so I'm starting to wonder why this current gen thing is, well, a thing...

Dude, GT does not get mass appeal. That's fact. I Know you love GT but the rest of us who don't like it outnumber you and the fans who do like it. Again, fact. Maybe if GT was a better series, they'd have more reason to put them in the newer games.

Also, the newer games (sans Ultimate Tenkaichi and up) have all been re-hashes, for the most part, of Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi so I'm starting to wonder why this current gen thing is, well, a thing...

Did they receive any backlash from having GT in their previous games? That's what I'm curious about.  If so, that's down right pathetic. It's not like you're forced to play as those characters or anything.  Anyway, I'm just gonna break away from this now, since it's not really all that important.

Did they receive any backlash from having GT in their previous games? That's what I'm curious about.  If so, that's down right pathetic. It's not like you're forced to play as those characters or anything.  Anyway, I'm just gonna break away from this now, since it's not really all that important.

I agree. However to answer your question, no, they didn't recieve backlash after they decided to stop including GT in their games.

My question was if they did for having it in their previous titles.

Well no they didn't. Still, that was when GT was relevant. After the jump to next gen, GT was over and nobody cared anymore.

Here's some new scans for the game. The first scan is nothing new except for a shot of SSJ3 Goku VS Kid Buu, which confirms the Buu Saga in the game:

Posted Image

However, this second scan, translated by ShonenGamez.com, tells us a little more about the new things we've seen in the scans so far:

Posted Image

(All scans shown are taken from www.shonengamez.com)

Here's some new scans for the game. The first scan is nothing new except for a shot of SSJ3 Goku VS Kid Buu, which confirms the Buu Saga in the game:

Posted Image

However, this second scan, translated by ShonenGamez.com, tells us a little more about the new things we've seen in the scans so far:

Posted Image

(All scans shown are taken from www.shonengamez.com)

Considering the best looking Dragon Ball Z game was basically Scissors-Paper-Rock, I'll wait for gameplay.

BREAKING NEWS:

The first trailer for the game (which I can't get at the moment) has revealed that the title of the game is called "DragonBall: Xenoverse"!!!

We also got some new screenshots and some new info on the game's story:

http://www.shonengamez.com/2014/06/10/dragon-ball-xenoverse-new-screenshots-details/

EDIT: Got the trailer --

I just know Dimps is responsible for my favourite dbz game ever: Budokai 3! And unlike Burst Limit we already have the confirmation that this will cover buu saga at least. I always wished they could have had an opportunity to do a burst limti sequel. Soooo, I might get hyped for this!! Lets go Dimps.

Two official character arts have been released for the game, one of Goku and one of the "mysterious warrior". 

The amount of detail and color in these models are just something else. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Eh I'll pass

Almost every single Dragon Ball game after Tenkaichi 3 was disappointing

Ultimate Tenkaichi was awful,Battle of Z was so mediocre it's not even funny,and the less I say about DBZ Kinect the better

I'll stick with the Naruto Storm series when it comes to Namco Bandai's anime licensed games while replaying the BudokaiTenkaichi series for my DBZ gaming fill

Eh I'll pass

Almost every single Dragon Ball game after Tenkaichi 3 was disappointing

Ultimate Tenkaichi was awful,Battle of Z was so mediocre it's not even funny,and the less I say about DBZ Kinect the better

I'll stick with the Naruto Storm series when it comes to Namco Bandai's anime licensed games while replaying the BudokaiTenkaichi series for my DBZ gaming fill

Okay, first off, watch the trailer, then say that you'll pass.

Second, Burst Limit and the Raging Blast series were pretty good in their own right, you can't deny that. Nobody gives any love to the past-gen games b/c of the newer ones and they forget that these first three games had some form of quality in them. :/

Okay, first off, watch the trailer, then say that you'll pass.

Second, Burst Limit and the Raging Blast series were pretty good in their own right, you can't deny that. Nobody gives any love to the past-gen games b/c of the newer ones and they forget that these first three games had some form of quality in them. :/

Sorry I overgeneralized a bit,sure Burst Limit and Raging Blast were good,but I go back to BudokaiTenkaichi more than those two

Sure I watched the trailer but after Battle of Z I'm skeptical about the game

Sorry I overgeneralized a bit,sure Burst Limit and Raging Blast were good,but I go back to BudokaiTenkaichi more than those two

Sure I watched the trailer but after Battle of Z I'm skeptical about the game

I get it, the last couple of games weren't perfect. But, the reason I'm so "on the ball" with Xenoverse is just that I'm seeing all the effort that Dimps (the developer of this game and the developer of the Budokai games AND Burst Limit if you didn't know) is putting in just in aesthetics and gameplay that I can't help but see good things in the game already. I mean, I'm not one of those DragonBall gaming fans who just says "Blegh, the last game sucked so this one is going to suck too", I'm just not that cynical. ESPECIALLY given how good Xenoverse has already looked and the potential it has.

I hope this doesn't turn up to be another medicore DBZ game. I'd be happy even if they give us something closer to DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3. Much more better if it turns out to be better than that!

I hope this doesn't turn up to be another medicore DBZ game. I'd be happy even if they give us something closer to DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3. Much more better if it turns out to be better than that!

Look at the trailer and the gameplay. Also the fact that this is being developed by Dimps, creator of the Budokai series AND Burst Limit. There you go.

Look at the trailer and the gameplay. Also the fact that this is being developed by Dimps, creator of the Budokai series AND Burst Limit. There you go.

Oh hadn't seen the gameplay. After watching it though, I'm happy as it looks great! I wanna see more though...