Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

GameStop To Increase Focus On Phones and Tablets Instead of Video Games

Popular US video game retailer GameStop has announced that it plans to increase its focus on both smartphones and tablets, rather than video games. GameStop CEO Paul Raines calls the bold new move “GameStop 3.0.” Raines says the company will close around 2% of its current retail stores. GameStop will be opening Spring Mobile and Simply Mac stores instead. Spring Mobile will cover AT&T-branded phones and Simply Mac covers Apple products. They will open over 200 Spring Mobile stores and 20 Simply Mac stores.

Source: http://mynintendonews.com/2014/04/24/gamestop-set-to-increase-focus-on-phones-and-tablets-instead-of-video-games/#comments

The beginning of the end of GameStop, guys.

Edited by Tails

Whelp. I would only go there maybe twice a year to get a bunch of games with the money I saved for months......now that's gone -3- Guess I'll have to look somewhere else.

Edited by xoblivionx13

well this sucks. Gamestop I really like you, but this relationship won't work im sorry. I love my PS3 game more than I like mobile phone games. Im sorry. I know this is hard after 4 years, but I cant take this sort of crap anymore. I just cant. -_-

I don't care really. I haven't been to GameStop since 2 years ago. Get my games from BestBuy/Amazon/Playasia/Target now. GameStop is probably the worst game store ever.

I have to somewhat agree with you. I hate how the employees ALWAYS try to force you to buy something that you don't want or need. Plus, their prices for games that you sell to them are terrible. But on the other hand, it's sad seeing GameStop  moving to the mobile market because they are mainly known for selling/buying video games. As what their name stands for.

I don't care really. I haven't been to GameStop since 2 years ago. Get my games from BestBuy/Amazon/Playasia/Target now. GameStop is probably the worst game store ever.

Pretty much this.

GameStop is trying to be like the big boys. Try harder. 

My university professor has mentioned this a while ago, since the volume of casual users who would download a 99p app or even a free app that has advertising keeps increasing resulting in an easier and sometimes more profitable experience, gaming is steadily heading in that direction

Either way we don't have a GameStop here.  We have GameStation which I think is the UK branding of it, but I get my stuff from Amazon, Play.com and GAME.