Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
somedayhunchback

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Complete ... just needs a release date?

If they wait 2 more months to give us so much as a release date, if the game was already pretty much done, then I will be pissed. 1.5 was out this time last year in japan...If they are going to announce an HD remaster they should at least make sure its not going to take an entire year to come out after its announcement. Bad business tactic.

Edited by Christopher Sexbang

They announced FINAL FANTASY X HD Remaster in 2010 and it begun development shortly after Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX. They both released last year in Japan.

You'll be pissed to know Square Enix tend to delay releases A LOT. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX's final product was playable at E3 2013. Birth by Sleep was finished months ahead of it's release and even FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster's English version was finished before the end of 2013.

Then they better to not tell the audience about these things.

The Japanese version is pretty much done, they finished the Re:coded cutscenes recently. The English version would still have a bit left.

maybe, they might be going for a international release.

maybe, they might be going for a international release.

International? I assume you mean worldwide release at the same time. Not going to happen. Kingdom Hearts is not big enough.

International? I assume you mean worldwide release at the same time. Not going to happen. Kingdom Hearts is not big enough.

yeah, that. and it is you see how many people bought 1.5 and i know a lot of them are newcomers and they all ready said the were going to get 2.5, plus its freaken KH2FM and BBSFM two of the best games in the series.

Edited by Keyblade master26

Guys there's more to releasing a game rather then just putting it out there after it's done... There's things like legal stuff for localization that could take a few months, marketing the game, and stuff like packaging for different territories... Not to mention if they want to include extra merchandise to coincide with the games release.. Or what other games are coming out that same day (For instance KH1.5 could have released on September 17th, the anniversary of KH1 in America, but since that was the day GTAV came out, they figured it would maybe ruin sales for KH.) That also takes time. Even if the HD remaster was done now, they still have to have a time and place to announce it, it's underwhelming whenever they just announce it in a Facebook post rather than an epic trailer at a big gaming event.. Just be patient, I want the game too..

Edited by Roxasman1231

The Japanese version is pretty much done, they finished the Re:coded cutscenes recently. The English version would still have a bit left.

If that's the case, then I would hope they are dedicating a lot of time towards not only those Re:coded scenes, but all of those extra scenes in II Final Mix. Seriously, I could let the three scenes from Final Mix slide, but there is like at least 10 new cutscenes in KH II Final Mix! You can not seriously believe that I will be okay with not hearing particular characters talk, Square Enix. The actors are in the building, just have them voice a few 30 second to 2 minute long cutscenes and be done with it!

I would suspect at least the Japanese version is near complete, whether it's fully finished can't really be determined without an announcement or working with SE.  

If that's the case, then I would hope they are dedicating a lot of time towards not only those Re:coded scenes, but all of those extra scenes in II Final Mix. Seriously, I could let the three scenes from Final Mix slide, but there is like at least 10 new cutscenes in KH II Final Mix! You can not seriously believe that I will be okay with not hearing particular characters talk, Square Enix. The actors are in the building, just have them voice a few 30 second to 2 minute long cutscenes and be done with it!

The cutscenes added in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and Birth by Sleep Final Mix had the Japanese voice acting recorded from when they made the reissues, English voice acting will be recorded.

yeah, that. and it is you see how many people bought 1.5 and i know a lot of them are newcomers and they all ready said the were going to get 2.5, plus its freaken KH2FM and BBSFM two of the best games in the series.

1.15 million people wasn't it? Only two Kingdom Hearts games have sold at least two million copies. A franchise like Pokemon only just started doing worldwide releases last year and it's the second best selling video game franchise of all time. It's going to release as fast as most major FINAL FANTASY games release these days. So 2-4 months.

Companies always do this. It's not big deal to finish a project and wait to release it month's ahead. I bet they are going to release either in the summer or fall in Japan, they already released Lightning Returns and X in the spring, so I bet they are hoping to wait and make some money in the fall with these big hit releases.

I'm a patient dude.

But this is really getting bad.

Indeed, 1.5 was out around this time of year ,I think they had 1.5 finished and on sale in Japan by March. So it's April now ,and April is about ready to end. Still no 2.5 news. And for 1.5 it took almost 7 months for it to come out in English. So going by that rate of about 7 months, if they don't have 2.5 by May, we might not have 2.5 until 2015.

The cutscenes added in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and Birth by Sleep Final Mix had the Japanese voice acting recorded from when they made the reissues, English voice acting will be recorded.

1.15 million people wasn't it? Only two Kingdom Hearts games have sold at least two million copies. A franchise like Pokemon only just started doing worldwide releases last year and it's the second best selling video game franchise of all time. It's going to release as fast as most major FINAL FANTASY games release these days. So 2-4 months.

yeah, but 2.5 has a lot more things going for it.

OH THANK GOD, I hope so!