Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Vox

Why a Kingdom Hearts Anime Could Help

Now I, like countless KH fans have wanted an anime adaption. Now I was thinking, about all the unexplored adventures and mysteries, among other things. Then it hit me, they wouldn't need a spare videogame team to develop and make another game. If we had an anime we would cover those things in "filler arcs" with involvement from Nomura ofcourse. How would this work? I was thinking a little something like this:Kingdom Hearts 1 ARC - All the worlds and final mix scenes along with manga exclusive content animated - 100 Acre Wood as a single one off episode. Filler scenes/episodes detailing Riku's journeys after being seperated from Sora. Not even sure how many episodes would this be, but I do imagine it would be 2-3 episodes spent in a world.Kingdom Hearts: CHAIN OF MEMORIES ARC - I personally can't think of anything that needs to go into depth or wasn't detailed in the manga. Pretty much take from the manga and adapt - I say manga specifically because I wouldn't picture an anime adaption doing every disney world in the game since it's rehashing.358/2 DAYS ARC: for the love of god have the term go into more detail. I get this game was just to highlight Roxas' time in the organization but many things of the Organization needs to be touched upon - like their specific nobody they have access to and summon.ANIME ONLY ARC - RIKU AND MICKEY'S ADVENTURES - Since it's apparent we're not getting a game anytime soon, a small arc showing just what the hell these two were doing in the realm of darkness or off screen in general from KH1 to prologue of KH2Kingdom Hearts 2 - Final Mix scenes pretty much covered what we would need detailed in anime exclusive scenes. Lingering Sentiment episode as an OVA (wait do this for Sephiroth and KH1 Xemnas too - secret bosses in general) Cavern of Remembrance and maybe data battles as filler episodes. Change the Disney world plot lines a bit to completely fit into the storyline - not just a little bit.ANIME ONLY ARC - ORG. XIII: I feel like we need an arc, handful of episodes about the past lives of the organization, all the members' moments becoming a nobody and joining, their missions, ideals, etc.BIRTH BY SLEEP ARC: Admittably haven't played BBS, dunno much of what was lacking and needs to be dived into.ANIME ONLY ARC - BIRTH BY SLEEP VOLUME 2: plsRE:CODED/DREAM DROP DISTANCE ARC: Re:Coded seems to be short enough to be as a lead in to Dream Drop Distance episodes. Filler to detail Maleficents intents on using the data worlds, the witch in general (how does she keep escaping near death experiences wth)That's all I really got, wanted to post it before passing out. Would you guys like a KH anime? Would it be beneficial? Leave your comments belowww

I believe an anime adaptation of the manga could work well with the right licensing. (It wouldn't do so well with the game itself if you ask me. I'd rather experience it than watch it. The manga adaptation has quite a few differences that make it stand out well, especially with KH2, given the fact that it deletes any Disney storyline and covers both visits in one, and would work extremely well with an anime adaptation.)

I thought I'd point out that the Mickey and Riku arc is covered in CoM and Days as well, so that arc would be split into filler episodes between the CoM arc and Days arc.

Edited by Vexoria

There is no way any other company than Disney animations (Japan) would produce this series. And they would never use true anime style but rather their cheap flash-style animation. Even if it looked decent, they would reduce the style of the animation to make it easy to animate in that style.

Remember Yuna and stitch? I think this was the last bigger series animated by the Japanese animation branch...

And they did not use the flash style back then.

The new Mickey Mouse cartoons use their flash animation and so do series like Wander over yonder...

While this tyke is OK for the three minutes clips and quite elaborate on wander in terms of art direction and style, these are crappy and ugly compared to the original 1940s cartoons or 90s series such as Ducktales or later Kim possible...

In sum:

I'd rather not have an anime...

I think IF they wanted to put it in any animated form, they would either produce a full movie themselves (like ff Vini advent children) but only for a new installment in the series.

IF older KH titles were to become a movie, Disney animation studies would do it and they'd have to like resell a short 2 hour version of each story...

But if they used Disney studios' animation powers and resources and kHiii's art direction and shading styles, this movie would look awesome!

No anime please.......

Yes anime please.  xD

Although I'm not sure if that's the format I would rather have it in, I would love to see just how a team would be able to integrate the style of every Disney cartoon as well as their own style for the realistic looking characters. Still, it would be a difficult thing to ask for, as it would require a lot more negotiating with Disney and a lot more cooperative effort with whatever anime studio who would work on it (plus a whole bunch of other things). But yeah, I would still see potential in this series being turned into an anime, that's how I've always seen it. I see no reason why it shouldn't be considered. It'd be a nice way to fill the waiting time between games.

Strictly speaking,mid love to have more KH in film form but 1) I want it done properly by Disney studios, 2) I don't want crappy flash shows.

Flash is awesome when it's done right, but yeah, it shouldn't be done on Flash. Flash works for particular things, usually when the team working with it is capable enough to push it to it's limits. Shows like MLP are really testing how far this program can go and continue to impress me with it's potential. Other shows however, such as other made for kids shows like Littlest Pet Shop and Pound Puppies seem to use the same program but do not add anything to the mix, they use it in about the most uncreative and simple way possible, they aren't testing any boundaries (but they aren't as big, so who cares?). I think Flash is a great new medium, but yeah, it shouldn't be used with everything, especially not something as grand in scale as a Kingdom Hearts anime.