Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dinonugget

Donald's and Goofy's AI and attacks

Donald and Goofy can be pretty useless but Donald can heal you at times where you might think you are screwed but Goofy I mean in KH2 he can be pretty useful for Knocksmash but that is about it.

They intelligence is beyond the word stupid. So yeah they still need improvement instead of being worthless about 90% of the time you are with them in both KH1 and 2.

Edited by Skhyatze

While I'll admit they've never been better than Sora in combat, they've always managed to hold their own whenever I play. Now I usually am a bit over-leveled whenever I enter a world, but they do drop the ball at times. You pretty much mention every gripe I have about them. They don't need to be as strong as Sora, but they should be able to put up a fight.Luckily, Nomura mentioned in a previous interview that their AI has already greatly improved, and that he hopes this advancement will allow Donald & Goofy to act more like themselves in battle. I have no idea what this really means, but very similar to the Kingdom Shader and Attraction Flow, my curiosity is quite piqued.

I replayed KH1 last time. Donald und Goofy were useless in 80% of the fights. Donald was knocked out all the time and Goofy ran into all explosions... hopeless. I dunno if it was this bad in KH2, but I can't remember it being any better. Donald and Goofy were useful though, because of the drive forms.

Sora is the only one of the trio who is able to fight properly.. Donald and Goofy need better  "non-special" moves to defend themselves. The reasons why  Sora doesn't constantly get bashed in combat are his long combos and strong finishers. The combo lets the enemies flinch while they're being attacked and the finisher sends them flying while dealing lots of damage. Why can't Donald and Goofy have something like this?? Donald doesn't have to act like Bruce Lee and start attacking with Kung-Fu moves  (although his character wouldn't speak against it), but why can't this guy chain his magic like Sora in his Wisdom Form?  It wouldn't have to be too strong, but it would keep the enemies much more at bay than his standard "attacks" would. "Attacks" itself is a strange word for this. Did you ever see more of him than just tapping the enemy with his staff? I mean, it's really just tapping. Just like you hit a dog with a roll of your newspaper. What's that supposed to be? It barely counts as self defense.

Goofy is a bit better. He sometimes does multiple attacks in a row by walking (?) into the enemy and he can block, but somehow, that's still not enough. He should either be made a better tank (he has many hit points to begin with, but he loses them pretty fast, and also, he doesn't seem to effectively pull the enemies) or make his shield better. At least a strong shield bash would already do much, if it would let the enemies flinch and send them flying.

Do you think they should give Donald and Goofy a better AI and better non-special moves?

Donalds only good for healing from what i remember.

The Dream Eaters in KH3D have a better AI and dont die constantly in battle. They even heal and buff you when you need it, they are way better fighters than Donald and Goofy. :

The bad part about that is that it makes them look very inferior to every other combatant. I mean even if you we're allowed to play as them in KH2, this is what will happen.

A fast and very painful death.

Edited by The Rocky Shoe

what does Goofy say when he gets KO'ed

"I've had it, fellers."

Anyway, I never really mind them being in my party, really. In fact, I miss them being in my party whenever I play any Kingdom Hearts game where they aren't in it. They have a special place in my heart. As useless as they can be, I'll never not want them in my party.

Well im not sure if you can do it on both but ik Kh2 Has this. Theres an option to where you can change how donald and Goofy Act and Fight as in I set donald To Be an Actual "Healer" and not just "Oh Your on low health? Ill just wait till you get one hp to heal you even though you dont have second chance." "Heal you" But moving on i also changed goofy to be more aggressive than he already is Since He has Endless amount of Ether, he constantly Knocks them off gaurd and Sometimes Insta Kill Them. So Changing the setting does Help.