Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dio Brando

How to easily draw a map in Final Fantasy XIII

Posted Image

Posted Image

All it takes is some kindergarden skills and then BAM!!.....Toriyama approves

Story:Nah just slap the words destiny,fate destiny destiny fate fate Destiny hope hope destiny hope fate and BEKIDI BAAAAM we got a story enough to fill up three games

I think this might be for Toriyama in general.

I always wondered why everyone complained about FF13 being linear when I saw the maps for FFX and X-2. They were linear as well, and Gran Pulse (that big area) is just the Calm Lands 2.0.

Never really bothered me though.

I think this might be for Toriyama in general.

I always wondered why everyone complained about FF13 being linear when I saw the maps for FFX and X-2. They were linear as well, and Gran Pulse (that big area) is just the Calm Lands 2.0.

Never really bothered me though.

The difference is: in X and X-2 you can go back to previous places,play some mini games(even though I hate Blitzball) and do sidequests

in XIII however you can NEVER ever go back to any place in Cocoon except for Eden and Orphan's Cradle....and the side quests in Gran Pulse are nothing but killing monsters

The difference is: in X and X-2 you can go back to previous places,play some mini games(even though I hate Blitzball) and do sidequests

in XIII however you can NEVER ever go back to any place in Cocoon except for Eden and Orphan's Cradle....and the side quests in Gran Pulse are nothing but killing monsters

Mhmm I agree, and also there are no towns you can visit but that kind of make sense due to the story.

I really try to avoid Blitzball when I can, it can stress me out so much. xD

LR:FFXIII was the only real thing (didn't finish FFXIII-2) in the XIII series that I've seen so far actually have an open world side quest format.

Also in FFX there aren't that many side quests per say, but there are enough to keep you going for the long time, like the Dark Aeons and Penance.

Anyways here's to hoping that the next decade they could fix this by remaking the game and making it optional to go back to other places by riding Bahamut or that ship Fang had in the beginning or something. Highly doubt it.

Edited by Shana09

Mhmm I agree, and also there are no towns you can visit but that kind of make sense due to the story.

LR:FFXIII was the only real thing (didn't finish FFXIII-2) in the XIII series that I've seen so far actually have an open world side quest format.

Also in FFX there aren't that many side quests per say, but there are enough to keep you going for the long time, like the Dark Aeons and Penance.

Anyways here's to hoping that the next decade they could fix this by remaking the game and making it optional to go back to other places by riding Bahamut or that ship Fang had in the beginning or something. Highly doubt it.

XIII-2 is very similar to FFX in terms of structure and how to Travel...it even has a couple of mini-games which includes Chocobo Racing

XIII-2 is very similar to FFX in terms of structure and how to Travel...it even has a couple of mini-games which includes Chocobo Racing

How about story? FFX or FFXIII-2?

How about story? FFX or FFXIII-2?

I love both but I love XIII-2 a little bit more because of Caius Ballad....though I'd have to say X as what could've been a great story has been ruined with the sequel Shitning Returns

I love both but I love XIII-2 a little bit more because of Caius Ballad....though I'd have to say X as what could've been a great story has been ruined with the sequel Shitning Returns

Well as someone who liked Lightning Returns, and found XIII-2 alright (so far)...I don't see it surpassing X in any way. I'll see for myself after I get through X-2 (it'll take years if I go by this speed).

Well as someone who liked Lightning Returns, and found XIII-2 alright (so far)...I don't see it surpassing X in any way. I'll see for myself after I get through X-2 (it'll take years if I go by this speed).

XIII-2 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Shitning Returns in my opinion

I won't talk much about that game again as I've done a review detailing why I hate that piece of shit with every fiber of my being

But the side quests in LR: FFXIII were so dumb. I really hated how they were pretty much required to level up Lightning. Why couldn't we just level up by fighting enemies like any other Japanese RPG? Seriously, it made fighting normal enemies so pointless.

But the side quests in LR: FFXIII were so dumb. I really hated how they were pretty much required to level up Lightning. Why couldn't we just level up by fighting enemies like any other Japanese RPG? Seriously, it made fighting normal enemies so pointless.

You got quest items and went towards getting the Last Ones.

You got quest items and went towards getting the Last Ones.

But still, I'd much rather level up from defeating enemies than from repetitive side quests. It makes defeating enemies all the more rewarding. This is about the second RPG game that made battling enemies pointless. The first one being Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

But still, I'd much rather level up from defeating enemies than from repetitive side quests. It makes defeating enemies all the more rewarding. This is about the second RPG game that made battling enemies pointless. The first one being Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

It's not pointless. How do you improve your stats? Complete quests. How do you do that? One way is defeating enemies.

It's not pointless. How do you improve your stats? Complete quests. How do you do that? One way is defeating enemies.

But in most RPG you level up your stats from enemies. Like in Kingdom Hearts, Mario & Luigi, Bravely Default, ect. I just think that's a much more effective way of of improving your stats. Now don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying. But I just don't think that side quests should be the best way to improve stats. At least in my opinion anyway

But in most RPG you level up your stats from enemies. Like in Kingdom Hearts, Mario & Luigi, Bravely Default, ect. I just think that's a much more effective way of of improving your stats. Now don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying. But I just don't think that side quests should be the best way to improve stats. At least in my opinion anyway

I thought it was strange too, but hey I don't think it affected gameplay too much unless you're playing Hard. And I think changing things up for a sequel isn't a bad thing. That combat system was great fun.

I didn't find it annoying to be honest, they just took the fetch quests you usually see in MMORPGs so I was used to it.

I thought it was strange too, but hey I don't think it affected gameplay too much unless you're playing Hard. And I think changing things up for a sequel isn't a bad thing. That combat system was great fun.

Oh yeah, the gameplay was loads better than the ATB system in XIII and XIII-2. It had that Crises Core feel to it which makes me wish it was used in the first 2 FF XIII games.  And yeah, sometimes being innovative isn't always a bad thing.

Oh yeah, the gameplay was loads better than the ATB system in XIII and XIII-2. It had that Crises Core feel to it which makes me wish it was used in the first 2 FF XIII games.  And yeah, sometimes being innovative isn't always a bad thing.

Well I had no issues with XIII and XIII-2's combat system but yeah, it was great. Like Crisis Core huh? Hopefully we get a HD remaster of that in 2017.

Exactly, it didn't really hurt the game and it's nice to see them keep trying new ideas to keep it fresh.

Exactly

What's the point of making a great battle system if battling itself is so pointless except for few item or spell drops

At least it would've been tolerable had the quests had variety instead of just fetching and delivery service

Yeah but there is a difference between innovation and unnecessary change

The battle system was innovantive sure but leveling up through repetitive quests isn't innovative....it's boring and unfun