Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Buttercup Camera

Which characters marked your childhood?

There are character that marked us a kid or as teens and even adults. And here are mine.

1. Lara Croft

Posted Image

Lara Croft wasn't only one of my childhood heroes, she was a character that really... inspired me. I used to sit on my charr playing her games for hours. And even though she was rebooted so many times, the new Tomb Raider has proven itself a place on my heart.

I love Square's new TR, but Core Design knew her better.

2. Harry Potter

Posted Image

Harry Potter hasn't only left a big mark on me, he also had become a big part of me when I was a kid. I really wanted to be him. Cast spells, fly on brooms and learn sweet stuff on a magic school. Of course these series died after the fourth movie to me. What used to be so magical and amazing turned into something darn and sad. At least the games were good.

3. Spider-Man 

Posted Image

Spider-Man was a hero to me. I actually wanted to be him. It got me sad to know that after the third movie there wasn't going to be any more Spidey, but then the 'Amazing Spider-Man' came and I had hope once again, which died pretty fast. Nothing can replace the old Spidey. Nothing.

I remember to fool my friends to believe that I was actually Spider-Man for fun. Good times. Had plenty of costumes and stuff.

4. Sora

Posted Image

How could I not mention him? I remember back when I played Kingdom Hearts II for the first time. It got me hooked like no game has ever before. I wanted to able to use a Keyblade and to explore Disney Worlds. I even had 2 Keyblades made of wood. I even used to grab those keyblades and spent hours on the courtyard playing around.

5. Obi-Wan Kenobi

Posted Image

I used to love Star Wars a lot with all of my heart. I used to treat the Original trilogy and the prequels the same way, even though I used to love the prequels a lot more since there was more action and more Jedis and such. I still have plenty of lightsabers laying around.

6. James P. "Sulley" Sullivan

Posted Image

Even though he was a simple cartoon of a Pixar movie, I think he had an impact on my childhood. I have lots and lots of toys and plushies of this movie and the DVD of this movie is also "risked" as hell.

It was so GOOD to see him back on the Big Screen with the Prequel. It was nice to revive such good memories.

What about you? What were your fav characters? Post a picture and a reason why.

Edited by Marcomax

Spider-Man.

Posted Image

Spongebob Squarepants.

Posted Image

Jimmy Neutron.

Posted Image

Jak and Daxter.

Posted Image

Ratchet & Clank.

Posted Image

Sly Cooper.

Posted Image

Solid Snake.

Posted Image

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Posted Image

Sora

Posted Image

These characters basically made the decade of 2000 for me.

Edited by Kaweebo

Spider-Man.

Posted Image

Spongebob Squarepants.

Posted Image

Jimmy Neutron.

Posted Image

Jak and Daxter.

Posted Image

Ratchet & Clank.

Posted Image

Sly Cooper.

Posted Image

Solid Snake.

Posted Image

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Posted Image

Sora

Posted Image

These characters basically made the decade of 2000 for me.

You and I have so much in common.

.......Barbie Doll ^_^;;

Also Cinderella (but not as much disney's take on her so much as the story overall, any version..o.o'). And Ariel. And The Powerpuff Girls. And Mario. And the whole Toy Story crew!!! :)

EDIT; I can't forget about Sailor Moon omg i was obsessed o-o;

I think Charlie Brown/Peanuts also ment something to me as a kid, if my interest in Nintendo's Mother series says anything at all these games were actually INSPIRED by peanuts a bit, true fact.. xD.....I know I used to watch him quite a bit i think at least :3

Its hard to say what impacted me the most, i think Barbie impacted me quite a bit though. I seem to have an interest in fashion, a major attachment to the color pink, ext ext that i'm not so sure would be quite the same without her. And maybe some other stuff about me too. I think Sailor Moon has also impacted me, as well, though, maybe not always in the best ways....(i'm a crybaby sometimes, for instence lol xD i used to want to BE her as a kid...o___O;; like, badly. it was a part of my autism....)

And, of course, theres pokemon, thats impacted me more than I could ever say, even if I wasn't really into it much (or even really allowed myself to like it lol) till about the beginning of my teens. How it EXACTLY impacted me overall, tho, its hard to really....explain (tho a lot of it kinda has to do with this forum i had...:3) o_O; but a lot of the time i think it means almost as much to me as riku does

Edited by ~DawnStar2004~

As a child Ash Ketchum was a prominent character for me as he was fearless, determined, pure-hearted and generally cool.

post-41023-0-85125900-1396476695_thumb.jpg 

Belle was also a childhood favourite because I liked her kindness, courage, desire for adventure and the fact that she most resembles me physically out of all the Disney princesses.

post-41023-0-59481500-1396475829_thumb.jpg

As a teenager (and still now) Hinata affected me a lot because I identified with her shyness and aspired to be like her as she learned to overcome her weaknesses and never gave up.

post-41023-0-88976200-1396476181_thumb.gif

Naruto for similiar reasons to Ash as well as his ability to change the people around him for the better 

post-41023-0-82035200-1396477160_thumb.jpg

Finally Syaoran from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle as he was completely selfless, kind, polite and willing to suffer any pains and give up everything he had to save the person most important to him.

post-41023-0-21414200-1396478476_thumb.jpg  

I could go on and talk about Kairi, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Honda Tohru etc. but I don't want to take up the entire computer screen.

Mario, Sora, Link, Sonic, Crash Bandicoot, Bajo Kazooie were game characters of my childhood (though Sora technically entered at when I was 12)

Cartoon/show wise, I used to be heavily into Dragon Ball Z as a child, but I was so younger I remember nothing about it.  I was teased at school for watching "a boy's cartoon" and stopped watching it.  Basically the classic Cartoon Network and some old old Disney cartoons (like when the logo was a tiny faded simple mickey mouse head in the corner), plus Nickelodeon cartoons before it became a Tween centre were the cartoons of my childhood, i.e. Courage, Dexter, House of Mouse, Fairly Odd Parents, Card Captors, Powerpuff Girls etc

I'd have to say Riku, Batman, Robin, Sora, Ben Tennyson, Ariel, Belle, and Kida were my heroes. I'm actually kind of like all of them out together. Its interesting really.

Edited by TheWayToDawn

(no pics cause, frankly, too lazy to hunt 'em down )

Violet Baudelaire ( From Lemony Snicket )

Not matter what, that girl kept her head, even as everyone else around her was losing it.

She basicly inspired me to keep my cool in tight situations.

Maximum Ride ( The Maxiumum Ride novels )

Ok, this was a BAD influence:

Snarky, badassy, and sarcastic, this is probably why I have no respect for authority figures...

Alice ( From alice in Wonderland )

I learned from her curiosity didn't always kill the cat.

Ash ( Evil Dead films )

When the going gets tough, kick some rear. xP

That's all. ( And probably why i'm so screwed up. >_> )