Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

What is your opinion about the FFXIII trilogy?

What is your opinion about the FFXIII trilogy?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion about the FFXIII trilogy?

• It's great. I love it!
    • It's good. It's not the best, but it is acceptable.
    • It's okay. I don't hate it, but I'm not a big fan of it, either.
    • It's bad. There are some games that are worse, but I couldn't care less about this trilogy.
    • It's horrible. It's the worst trilogy ever made!

I loved the first game, but I thought a sequel was unnecessary. FFXIII's ending was great in my eyes, but XIII-2 ruined that ending. I have no opinion on the last game, as I haven't quite finished XIII-2 yet.

I've only played FF 13 and FF 13-2. I enjoyed the first one until I reached Pulse, then I got bored with the way it switched from such a linear storyline to being able to go and do as I pleased. I really enjoyed 13-2 for the most part, I thought it improved on what 13 lacked, aside from having a pretty crazy story filled with convoluted plot points. Caius and Noel had a great backstory and the game had a more focused combat system imo. I haven't played Lightning Returns considering I do need to save money with my son due in 5 weeks and the reviews weren't the greatest. Maybe when the price drops.

I personally think the trilogy is bad but I've only played 2 of the games so therefore I cannot have a huge say on the thing as a whole but from the reviews and videos, LRFF didn't look like anything special so I'm not gonna waste my money on it nor if someone gave me a free copy of it would I waste time playing it. XIII was meh and XIII-2 was even more meh. Opinions.

The only game worth buying in this trilogy is XIII-2 as it's the only very good game among the three

the original XIII was meh

Lightning Returns FFXIIII was oooh my god it's sooo terrible

I won't say anymore than that because I did a review of it here in case you wanna read it

http://kh13.com/forum/topic/71128-metal-snake-reviewslightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/

I hate this game I hate this game 

it was the first story in the final fantasy series i actually ever played through and for it being my first i must say i found it rather enjoyable although if i play some of the other past FF's my opinion might change but for now it will remain a very good game in my eyes

(Yawn) So much hate this early on a Sunday morning? lolAnyways, I really enjoyed Final Fantasy XIII. There were things I had problems with, but not more so than any other mainstream Final Fantasy, and even better for me, Square actually acknowledged most of these flaws. While maybe not what everyone was expecting, I think the original XIII should hold its head up high as a great first entry for the series in its respective generation.The sequels were... ugh. I liked Noel as a character and appreciate that Square was trying to make amends with the sequels, but I feel like things got off course and they were just trying to justify the cost of the Crystal Tools Engine. Not to go into spoilers, but by the end of Lightning Returns, I felt they had twisted everything that once made Lightning great so much that she became unrecognizable.No hard feelings Lightning, but I'm ready for Noctis to step into the spotlight.

I believe that the series is an acquired taste of a game.

some hate

some love.

I just find the series exciting here and there 

Edited by Ozpin

Only played XIII (haven't even finished it) XIII-2 is waiting to be played once I finish XIII, and will eventually get Lightning Returns which from the demo, I think will be my favourite

Final Fantasy XIII: Great story and characters. Poor gameplay and design.

Final Fantasy XIII-2: Much better gameplay and design. But what the heck did they do to the story?

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII: I've only played the demo, but I already like the direction of it. It sounds like it has a clever design from the reviews I've read, the gameplay was fun despite being limited to the demo and the story needs what this game is offering, at least from what I've seen in the trailers. I look forward to checking it out whenever I have the money or the time. Won't be for a while, but I anticipate it.

Personally, I'm with those that say a sequel was unnecessary. Maybe Square Enix needed to prove they could still make games that play well but they completely screwed up the happy ending of FFXIII. They ought to have just made something new.

Oh and then there's Mog. I like the characters of this series a lot. Even the much-hated Vanille and Hope. But I absolutely hate Mog. And that's hard, to get me to hate.

I hate Mog. So much.

I don't know a thing about it beyond what everyone keeps complaining (or defending) about.  The way I see it, playing it is a losing battle.  If I wind up hating it, I subjected myself to something I shouldn't have bothered with.  If I wind up liking it, I'll have to fend off the hordes who'll give me hell for daring to enjoy what I like.  I'll save myself trouble and just play Pokemon or something.

I loved them all. I don't care about what people say, it's a good game and a good trilogy. The first one was simply beautiful, and I really liked the story. The 2nd one wasn't as good in my opinion, but a lot more enjoyable (and it had corrected the mistakes made by the first one). The part I liked the most about LR was the combat system (because I enjoy action battle system a lot more than the turned based one). I would have liked to be able to control other characters too, not only Lightning.

I didn't like the series overall. I felt the end was kinda blah. I think I would have preferred if the original was just a stand alone, it was great. To be honest, when I was playing Lighting Returns, all I could think about was how much I missed the first game. Kinda sad, really. I'm actually, in the near future, going to trade the game in for some credit towards something else. The only sequel that ever worked, to this day, has to be FF X/X-2.