•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, and to remove this ad, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Livestreams Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Chatroom
Photo

What is your opinion about the FFXIII trilogy?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

What is your opinion about the FFXIII trilogy?(104 members have cast votes)

1. It's great. I love it! (26 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. It's good. It's not the best, but it is acceptable. (33 votes [31.73%])

Percentage of vote: 31.73%

3. It's okay. I don't hate it, but I'm not a big fan of it, either. (31 votes [29.81%])

Percentage of vote: 29.81%

4. It's bad. There are some games that are worse, but I couldn't care less about this trilogy. (11 votes [10.58%])

Percentage of vote: 10.58%

5. It's horrible. It's the worst trilogy ever made! (3 votes [2.88%])

Percentage of vote: 2.88%

Vote

To vote, please sign in or register.

#21 Roxasrox

Roxasrox

The Voice from the Corner

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

Final Fantasy XIII: Great story and characters. Poor gameplay and design.

Final Fantasy XIII-2: Much better gameplay and design. But what the heck did they do to the story?

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII: I've only played the demo, but I already like the direction of it. It sounds like it has a clever design from the reviews I've read, the gameplay was fun despite being limited to the demo and the story needs what this game is offering, at least from what I've seen in the trailers. I look forward to checking it out whenever I have the money or the time. Won't be for a while, but I anticipate it.

Personally, I'm with those that say a sequel was unnecessary. Maybe Square Enix needed to prove they could still make games that play well but they completely screwed up the happy ending of FFXIII. They ought to have just made something new.

Oh and then there's Mog. I like the characters of this series a lot. Even the much-hated Vanille and Hope. But I absolutely hate Mog. And that's hard, to get me to hate.

I hate Mog. So much.

#22 Dracozombie

Dracozombie

Not a bandicoot anymore

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

I don't know a thing about it beyond what everyone keeps complaining (or defending) about.  The way I see it, playing it is a losing battle.  If I wind up hating it, I subjected myself to something I shouldn't have bothered with.  If I wind up liking it, I'll have to fend off the hordes who'll give me hell for daring to enjoy what I like.  I'll save myself trouble and just play Pokemon or something.

#23 mgmkidKH

mgmkidKH

mgmkidkh // empoweringdarkness

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

I loved them all. I don't care about what people say, it's a good game and a good trilogy. The first one was simply beautiful, and I really liked the story. The 2nd one wasn't as good in my opinion, but a lot more enjoyable (and it had corrected the mistakes made by the first one). The part I liked the most about LR was the combat system (because I enjoy action battle system a lot more than the turned based one). I would have liked to be able to control other characters too, not only Lightning.

#24 Suzaku1988

Suzaku1988
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

I didn't like the series overall. I felt the end was kinda blah. I think I would have preferred if the original was just a stand alone, it was great. To be honest, when I was playing Lighting Returns, all I could think about was how much I missed the first game. Kinda sad, really. I'm actually, in the near future, going to trade the game in for some credit towards something else. The only sequel that ever worked, to this day, has to be FF X/X-2. 

#25 J. Severe

J. Severe

Legit overlord and ruler of KH13

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

Haven't played 'em, so I don't know. General consensus I've gathered from others though is that the series went on too long.