•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, and to remove this ad, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Livestreams Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Chatroom
Photo
KINGDOM HEARTS 3D

Kingdom Hearts 3D, Famitsu.com interview.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DChiuch

DChiuch

Webmaster

• Webmaster (+)
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:43 AM

Famitsu.com have been able to hold an interview with Tetsuya Nomura, concerning the newly announced Kingdom Hearts title for the Nintendo 3DS, Kingdom Hearts 3D. This interview reveals some small details surrounding the game. Also, Famitsu.com have reported about the game's trailer shown at E3 2010. Both have been translated by HEARTSTATION.ORG, and can be read below.

–What are the details on the completely new title you’re producing for the Nintendo DS?
Nomura: In the beginning, Nintendo spoke with me personally, and I thought it would be good if we could collaborate even just for a hasty demo. But I had the game play and the plot down, and I thought that this project would match the Nintendo 3DS, and so I actually started the title in earnest. The ‘demo’ we had here was made in a way so that various official information wouldn’t be released quite yet.

–Is ‘Kingdom Hearts 3D’ the official title?
Nomura: It’s not the official title, but it’s not completely unconnected, either. The ‘3D’ here doesn’t mean ‘3 Dimensional’, it’s an abbreviation of the subtitle. But, I can’t say any more than that at this time.

–We saw the demo, and the characters showed in it are Sora and Riku, appearing as they did in the first Kingdom Hearts game, yet there were many situations in it that couldn’t have happened in KH1.
Nomura: That’s because this isn’t a remake, this is a completely new title. This time, Sora and Riku are protagonists, and we are in the process of selecting new worlds. ‘3D’is the title which enters the next new level after the three games that were produced at the same time, 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep and Coded,

–What kind of story will this game have? When does it take place in the series timeline?
Nomura: I can’t tell you at this time. But so far, to a certain degree, the development is becoming unpredictable, with what was developed in accordance to everyone’s expectations losing shape. There are a few hints in Re:Coded, so I think people who are interested in that should play it.

–Seeing as it’s on the Nintendo 3DS hardware, were deeply interested in what kind of game play there will be.
Nomura: It’s not that we’re putting all our energy into the 3D, but at present, we are thinking of three new game play systems. This title is going to be by the Osaka team who made Birth by Sleep, so the other day I took the business proposal to Osaka and showed Yasue (Mr. Tai Yasue, Co. Director of Birth by Sleep). He was full of glee (laughs).

–Mr. Yasue was also in charge of the battle plans for Re:Coded, wasn’t he?
Nomura: Yes, that’s right. Even though the Osaka staff are all extremely busy with the overseas version of Birth by Sleep that they also have at present, they finished up the demo we showed this time in a very short amount of time for me, and I think they will do their very best for me.

–What about the release date, we’re dying to know?!
Nomura: So hasty (laughs). We’ll release it as soon as we can. I can’t say any more that that at this time (laughs).

–So lastly, can you please give a message to the players?
Nomura: A while ago I mentioned that there were ‘two titles’ in conception, and it might look like those two titles were put on display at E3 this year. However, that has actually increased by one title with this (KH3D). (Editor: the remaining one title is still a mystery.) Our goals behind coming to E3 this time wasn’t just for the announcements, but also in order to have some business meetings. We plan to go to E3 again next year, and there are still some hidden treasures, but first of all, please enjoy Re:Coded, of which we are planning to explain the release date soon.

Is this culture shock what they must have felt in the Meiji Era!? In Kingdom Hearts 3D, the sight of Sora and Riku moving in 3D feels strange; “original”, yet still “familiar”, without feeling out of place. I thought that the style of the Kingdom Hearts series matched very well with the features of the 3DS. Where Sora glided, the exhilarating, pleasant feeling was doubled.

We weren’t able to play the demo version that was on display this time, we were just shown clips of cutscenes and battle. Sora, Riku and Kairi appeared, looking as they did in the first Kingdom Hearts title. Sora and Riku are at the beach at Destiny Islands, but Riku falls and disappears… that’s the mysterious scene that begins the clip. In this title, Riku is a protagonist alongside Sora, and I am able to confirm circumstances in which Riku was moving about in Traverse Town. This clip too was extremely mysterious, with a scene in which many sleeping(?) Soras came raining down from the sky above Riku. There is also a scene in which a napping Sora wakes up to Riku and Kairi, I have no idea whether these developments were a dream or reality, lies or truth.

After a battle with a large number of Shadows, there is also a scene where a huge Nobody appears. There are many situations that could not have happened in the first Kingdom Hearts title, and I’m told it’s not a remake. However, if it’s not Kingdom Hearts one, where on the timeline does this story take place? The characters are in their KH1 models, but then again Coded is an example of that too… thus, I anguish. However, Mr. Nomura says that they will ‘release it as soon as they can’, and with Re:Coded in addition, I’m hoping for new information.

#2 RoxasStalker

RoxasStalker

BRB, stalking Roxas.

• Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

Could it be Riku's side of Kingdom Hearts I do you think?

#3 heartless101

heartless101

Kristoph Gavin FTW

• Members
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

it could be both Riku and Sora's story

#4 Reversal

Reversal
  • Members
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

Could it be Riku's side of Kingdom Hearts I do you think?

Nomura said it's a completely new game that continues the story, so I'd say no.

it could be both Riku and Sora's story

Now that you mention it, I read a theory recently on KHI where someone mentioned that the whole Sora/Riku switching back-and-forth in the gameplay ties in with the Snarl of Memories cutscene from Days. Something about Riku's memories intermingling with Sora's. It made so much sense.

#5 Nafees Rahman

Nafees Rahman

Ouran Host Club member and Game Grumper

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

Nomura said it's a completely new game that continues the story, so I'd say no.

Now that you mention it, I read a theory recently on KHI where someone mentioned that the whole Sora/Riku switching back-and-forth in the gameplay ties in with the Snarl of Memories cutscene from Days. Something about Riku's memories intermingling with Sora's. It made so much sense.

You guys were right :D