Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

Text The Keyblade War Chapter II: Chaotic Twilight.

Good evening everyone, and as always, thank you for your comments!  I hope your all having an amazing Happy Valentine’s Day!  Well then, here is the next chapter of my story, I hope that you all enjoy! :D

Chapter 9: Mr. Silver

It had been a few days since Riku, Kairi and Mickey had set off on their voyage aboard the R.L.S Legacy with Delbert Doppler and Jim Hawkins.  During their journey they had encountered many different kinds of strange and wondrous alien life, wandering the cosmos, fleeting by the ship as it sailed the endless realm of deep space.  For now, everything was smooth sailing.  Captain Amelia had assigned Jim Hawkins to work under Mr. Silver, the ship’s cook, who was a strange but charismatic fellow.  The other day Riku and company had met this cyborg, who had even offered them his famous Bonzabeast stew. They also met Morph, a tiny pink glob looking creature that was Mr. Silver’s pet.  As the days passed, Riku, Kairi and Mickey were on constant alert, silently watching out for Unborn.  Conveniently, Captain Amelia had assigned the three of them to lookout duty, which suited them just fine.  Meanwhile, Jim was below decks, and he was remembering his very first conversation with Mr. Silver after having explored the ship.

---

(Start Song Here)

He remembered that he had been looking at some purps that were in a nearby barrel, and he casually sat on the counter, eating the purp piece by piece.  “You know…these purps kind of remind me of the ones back home…on Montressor.”  Mr. Silver went about washing the dishes and keeping an eye on the food he was preparing, turning his cyborg hand into knives and other useful kitchenware to get the food done.  “Oh, is that so?”  Jim kept his gaze fixed on Silver, and he continued his casual act.  “Yeah.  You ever been there before?”  Silver replied cheerfully.  “Can’t say that I have Jimbo.”  Jim kept eating his purp.  “Come to think of it, just before I left, I’d met this guy…gosh, what was that salamander’s name?  Oh yeah! Bones…Billy Bones?”  Silver looked at Jim rather dumfounded.

“Bones.  Bones…?  Hmm, I don’t think I’ve ever met this Bones, you must be confusing me with another cyborg, trust me, there’s a slew of cyborgs roaming this port.”  Then the bell suddenly rang, and Silver urged Jim to go see the launch.  After Jim had left, Silver peeked over to Morph, who was perched on his shoulder.  “We’d better keep an eye on this one, eh Morph?  We wouldn’t want him looking into things he shouldn’t…”  With that, he kept cooking the crew’s dinner, and Jim had gone above decks to witness the launch of the ship.  It was something quite amazing, and he felt free as he soared through space once the ship had departed from Montressor Spaceport.  Not soon after, Captain Amelia had already instructed Mr. Silver to give Jim his first batch of tasks on cleaning the ship.

(End Song Here)

---

Jim was suddenly brought back to reality from remembering his conversation with Mr. Silver by Riku, who had come down below decks to take a break from lookout duty.  “Oh hey there Jim.  I see your taking a break too huh?”  Jim nodded.  “Yeah, I guess you could say that.”  Riku noticed Jim’s isolated behavior ever since they boarded the ship, and now that they were alone, he found that this was the best time to talk to him.  “Tell me something Jim.  What are you doing here in the first place?  I mean, I know you want to find Treasure Planet, but what’s the real reason you’re here?”  Jim suddenly froze for a moment, for he couldn’t believe someone had noticed that there was another reason.  Jim sighed and smiled.  “Well, let’s just say I haven’t been a good son…and our home was burned down, and Mom was devastated by it.  And well, since Treasure Planet is said to have the loot of a thousand worlds, I thought that with that many riches, I could rebuild the Benbow Inn for Mom, and I can set everything right.  I guess that’s the main reason why I’m in this ship.”

Riku stayed silent for a moment and then he smiled.  “You know, that’s as good a reason as any to look for Treasure Planet.  You’re doing it for someone you care about, not because of greed, but out of love.  Keep on fighting your way to your goal, and trust in your heart, and you’ll see that things will turn out all right.”  Jim nodded.  “You know what?  Your right.  Thanks Riku.”  With that, the both of them resumed their duties, and everything was going smoothly on the ship.  Riku walked over to Kairi and Mickey, who both had uneasy expressions on their faces.  “What’s wrong guys?  Did you spot something?”  Mickey looked at him and then outwards towards the infinite horizon of space.  “No, everything’s all right, it’s just that I have a really bad feeling about this crew.  Amelia feels it to, and I think it’s only a matter of time before this crew shows their true colors…”  Kairi agreed with Mickey and sighed.  “It’s not easy looking out for Unborn and constantly watching our backs for the crew here…there’s this particular spider looking one who’s been staring at us for quite a while.”

As she mentioned this, Riku casually looked over to the spider looking crew member, and he saw that it was indeed staring at them, and an intimidating gleam from its yellow eyes indicated that it was up to something bad.  But they kept quiet and assumed their lookout duty.  They also found it quite strange that no Unborn had appeared as of yet.  They should have felt relieved, but such a calm voyage was making them restless.  Were the Unborn waiting for the opportune moment to appear out of nowhere and attack them?  Or were there simply no Unborn at all?  It’s a question that Riku thought of as hard to answer, since they hadn’t encountered anything dangerous yet.  As he looked towards the vast horizon of space, he thought of Dawn, and he wondered how she was doing.

Meanwhile, Dawn was in her room, meditating, feeling the serenity of all living things coursing through her thoughts.  She had been closely watching over Riku without the Elder’s knowledge, and she always prayed for the safety of her friends.  It had been many days since the Elder had assigned the members of the council their missions, and so far only Damian and Valgard had returned to the fortress, for the others were still in other worlds, taking care of the Unborn threat.  She stood up and then opened her door slowly, and she looked from side to side of the hallway, making sure no one was around, and then she went towards the library, where she knew Valgard would be.  So far she had been able to maintain her Keyblade a secret from the council, and she planned to keep it that way.

She casually strolled by, and she saw that the Elder was nowhere to be seen.  She felt a bit better relieved, and then she made quick haste towards the library.  When she entered, she noticed that it was cleaner and it looked brand new.  She searched for Valgard in his usual spot, but she saw that he wasn’t there at all.  Curious, she went about exploring the library, trying to see if Valgard was around, and after a few seconds, she saw him cleaning off the dust from the final bookshelf that looked like it hadn’t been used in a long time.  Before she even spoke, Valgard smiled and stretched out his hand, and in its grip, he held a dust mop.  “Good morning Dawn.  I trust that you had a good night’s rest?”  Dawn nodded and smiled.  “Yes, as a matter of fact, I did.  And you Valgard?”  He shrugged and looked all around him and spread his arms open.  “Well, I didn’t feel like sleeping, so I decided to clean up the library, since most of the other counsel members haven’t arrived, and even if they were here, they would be too lazy to clean up this whole library.  So, I decided to take matters into my own hands.”  Dawn nodded in agreement.  “Hehe, well, I’m impressed.  It looks brand new!”

Valgard made an appreciative bow and he smiled.  “Well, I’m glad it’s to your liking!  After all, I did work all night on it.  So I’m very relieved to see that you like how it looks.  Now then, about your training, how has it been going?  Have you been focusing your energy and feeling your essence as part of the blade?”  Dawn nodded.  “Yes, that’s right.  I’ve been doing all of that for the past few days, and now that your back, I figured that you’d be able to be my sparring opponent.  I need to see if I’ve made any progress.”  Valgard looked around to see if there were any missing spots filled with dust, but he saw none, and then smiled and put away his cleaning tools.  “Well, seeing as how I’m done here, I’d be happy to take you on.  Come, let’s go into the hidden chamber.”  Dawn nodded, and with that, they both went towards the hidden door in the wall leading into the hidden chamber.  As they made their way in, Valgard could sense Dawn’s eagerness to prove herself, and it made him smile, because knowing that she was doing her best to steel herself from the many dangers of the worlds reminded him much of himself back when he was a teenager himself.

(Start Song Here)

As soon as they made it into the chamber and sealed the entrance, Valgard calmly summoned his Keyblade and nodded.  “Now then, show me Dawn.  Show me your undying and overpowering resolve!  Show me just how much you’ve improved!”  Dawn smirked and summoned her Keyblade gracefully, and she nodded.  “I won’t let you down!”  With that, she quickly dashed towards him and performed many quick strikes and parried his attacks, and then she made a backflip and a reversal and hit Valgard’s back with the hilt of her Keyblade.  Valgard himself was quite surprised, for he didn’t expect her to be so fast and agile.  He smiled and clapped his hands.  “Impressive.  Now then, it’s my turn to strike now.”  With that, he disappeared in a quick flash and then reappeared behind Dawn, but she turned around fast enough and prevented him from striking her.

Their blades kept clashing as the battle got more intense.  Dawn felt agile and loose and calm and relaxed, and Valgard smiled the whole time, constantly complimenting her skills.  After Valgard suddenly caught Dawn off guard, he stroke the ground, causing her to crash against the wall.  Just as he was about to deal the finishing blow, Dawn kicked him upwards and then her Keyblade emanated a radiant light which pierced Valgard’s Keyblade, and then he fell down on the ground, quite impressed.  He was clearly enjoying himself, and that just made Dawn smile even more.  Valgard stretched his arms and he cracked his neck.  “Well then, I must say, you have become quite the adept Keyblade Wielder, haven’t you?  But quick reflexes and last minute attacks aren’t the only way of winning a battle.”

(End Song Here)

Dawn agreed and then she looked distant for a moment.  She looked at her Keyblade and realized just how much potential she truly has.  “Valgard…” she started to say, but the silver haired man simply raised his hand and closed his eyes.  “Let me guess.  After you’ve learned to fully engage yourself in combat, you plan to leave this fortress, do you not?”  Dawn opened her eyes wide in shock, for apparently that was what she was going to say.  “H-how did you know?”  Valgard chuckled and smiled warmly.  “Well, I’ve noticed just how much you love Riku, and I know that you’ve always wondered what lies beyond these fortress walls.  So it is only understandable that you would wish for something like that.”  Dawn couldn’t find what to say, and she simply looked down, unable to answer Valgard.  Then she felt his hand on her shoulder.  She looked up and saw him smiling.  “There now, there’s nothing to fret about.”  Dawn looked at him curiously.  “You aren’t angered by my decision?”  Valgard nodded.  “What you do with your life is your own choice.  I am really glad that you are choosing to do what your heart tells you.  That’s what I would do.  Don’t worry, I won’t tell the counsel about this.”  Dawn smiled with tears rolling down her cheeks.  “Thank you so much Valgard!” she said as she hugged him tightly.

------------------------------------------------

Heading deeper into the endless enormity of space, Riku, Kairi and Mickey continue their search for any signs of the Unborn and their new masters.  And as all this goes on, Dawn finds herself feeling prepared to undertake the journey she had meant to start for a long time.  In the meantime, how are Sora, Donald and Goofy doing with their new friends Kenai and Koda?  Find out in Chapter 10: “Fishing For Salmon!”

Well everybody, that’s the chapter!  I hope you all enjoyed it!  As always, thank you very much for reading, and please make sure to comment on this chapter and what you think of the story so far.  I hope you all stay tuned for the next chapter! And Happy Valentine’s Day! :D

Hey there everyone, good evening!  Well then, as you were all waiting for, here’s the next chapter!  Sorry for the long wait between posts, but college keeps me busy and personally I like to take a break from writing now and then.  Haha, anyways, thank you for your comments, and I hope you all enjoy the chapter! :D

Chapter 10: Fishing For Salmon

Having avoided the hunter that had pursued them, Sora, Donald, Goofy, Koda and Kenai had a pleasant and non-troubled journey afterwards.  The landscape was so peaceful and majestic that Sora couldn’t help but breathe in the fresh air and catch the scent of pine trees.  It was all a great experience for him, and Donald and Goofy were also awe struck by the many wonders of this amazing place.  Koda pounced towards them and then he sat in front of them and smiled.  “Hmm, I see you three are enjoying the view aren’t you?”  Sora nodded.  “Yeah!  It’s pretty amazing.  I never knew there were places this beautiful.” Koda looked at Sora curiously and then he smirked.  “Ha, spoken like true tourists!  You guys aren’t from these neck of the woods, are you?” At that, Sora didn’t know what to say, but Goofy quickly improvised and took over. “Nope, we came from a forest far away, and our friend the badger told us that he had been over here, and that it was a beautiful place to visit.”  Donald was impressed at how Goofy improvised so easily, and Koda seemed to be buying it.

“Oh yeah, I know a whole lot of badgers, they’re great!  I have a friend of mine who’s a badger called Larry, and let me tell you, he really likes to talk his mouth off, he keeps talking and talking and talking…” As Koda kept talking, Sora, Donald and Goofy smiled and laughed, and they kept listening to the eager little cub, and then Kenai came and put his paw over Koda’s mouth. “Koda, if you keep on talking like this, you’ll just lull them to sleep.  Come on, lead the way.”  Koda laughed and then walked ahead of the group.  “All righty!”  As the little cub walked on, Kenai stayed behind with Sora, Donald and Goofy.  Then Donald stretched his wings and yawned.  “So Kenai, where are the spirit lights located?”  Kenai looked back and then he looked up at the sky.  “Well, Koda says it’s right above Salmon Falls.”

“So that’s where he’s taking you?” Sora asked.  Kenai nodded and then he kept on walking and reached Koda.  Sora looked at Goofy and talked in a low voice. “Hey, is it just me, or is there something I find odd about Kenai?  I mean, don’t get me wrong, he’s a swell guy, but it seems to me that there’s something that he’s hiding from us and from Koda.”  Goofy thought about Sora’s words, and he shrugged.  “Hmm, who knows?  If there’s anything I’ve learned in our time together, it’s that everybody has their own baggage, and it’s up to them if they want to talk about it with others or not.  I’m sure that Kenai probably doesn’t want to hurt or trouble Koda, so he’s keeping whatever he’s keeping a secret.”  Donald nodded.  “That’s true!  Sometimes you have to do that so the ones you care about don’t worry!”

Even though Donald and Goofy made good points, Sora still couldn’t help but feel troubled for Kenai.  He remembered the pained look he had when the hunter had come chasing after them, and it just made Sora’s curiosity of who Kenai was greater.  But he then shook his head and brushed off the thoughts, for he had to be on the lookout for Unborn.  It seemed strange that none of the Unborn had appeared again after their initial attack, and this fact made Sora uneasy.  He could see it in Donald and Goofy’s faces too.  Something was indeed wrong, and the worst part of it all was that they didn’t know when or where they would appear again.  Suddenly, Koda yelped and Kenai fell back, and when Sora, Donald and Goofy went to their aid, they saw a horde of Heartless and Unborn heading towards them!  “Heartless!” Donald squawked.  Sora shook his head. “I knew things were way too quiet!  Everyone, prepare to fight!”  Everyone nodded, and they made a circle to ensure that they wouldn’t be flanked by their enemies.  Now things were starting to look dire for them.

(Start Song Here)

Immediately, the Heartless pounced on them, but Kenai rose up on his two legs and stroke a group of Soldiers flying upwards.  Koda jumped on his back and then tackled five Wyverns that were swooping down on them.  Sora dispatched the Neoshadows while Donald and Goofy took care of the Yellow Operas that were trying to cast spells on the group.  Little did they notice that while they were taking on their foes, more of them ganged up from behind, but instead of flanking them, they went towards the trees.  The Unborn flankers had their bows at the ready, and Red Nocturnes incinerated their arrows, causing a deadly hail of flame arrows that pierced the ground everywhere, causing the trees and bushes to burn.  Sora cursed under his breath, clearly noticing the advanced tactics of their enemies.  As they fended off the relentless swarms of Heartless and Unborn, they found themselves surrounded by a wide ring of fire.  Donald then rose to the air and had his wand at the ready.  “Don’t worry guys, I’ll put this fire out!  Blizzaga!”  As he uttered these words, giant spikes of ice came out to obliterate the flames.

But no sooner that he had cast the spell, a dark barrier prevented the spell from working.  “Wak!  Hey, what’s the big idea!?” Donald shouted angrily.  Soon, the group heard an ominous laugh coming from out of nowhere.  After a few seconds, two hooded people appeared, and with the wave of their hand, they commanded the Unborn and the Heartless to stand down.  Shocked, Sora gave out a growl.  “What!?  You can control the Heartless too!?”  One of the hooded people, a woman, took off her hood and smirked.  “Why yes.  It’s a neat little trick, don’t you think?  Since we bad guys are the most powerful contenders here, the Heartless follow us.  After all, the weak follow the strong.  You should do the same.”  Sora angrily glared at her.  “Who do you think you are!?”  The woman laughed and she sighed happily.  “Me?  The name’s Xisri.  The one to my right is Braxdonn.  And we’ve come to fight you.”

Kenai and Koda were utterly speechless, and were quite afraid.  Braxdonn noticed them, and then he opened the dark barrier.  “You two can go.  You are of no importance.”  Kenai stood firm.  “No, we’re going to help Sora and his friends!”  Sora quickly glanced back and then shook his head.  “No Kenai.  You have to go!  This may be your only chance to escape!  Koda, promise me you’ll take care of Kenai!  You both need to look out for each other!”  Koda nodded firmly.  “All right, I promise!”  Kenai stood there for a moment, and then he ran with Koda and they both got out of the flame ring, and away from danger.  Donald and Goofy sighed of relief, and then they turned their attention towards Xisri and Braxdonn.  Xisri clapped her hands and cheered sarcastically.  “Oh, what a noble hero!  Just like I expected you to be!”

“Shut up!” Sora exclaimed, as he charged towards Xisri and attacked her.  She simply dodged the attack and then struck his back.  Donald and Goofy tried to stop Xisri, but Braxdonn cast Magnega on the ground, forcing them to stay immobilized, helpless, unable to do anything to help Sora.  He then proceeded to knock them out cold.  “No!!!” Sora screamed, feeling infuriated and worried for his friends.  He then relentlessly charged at Xisri and Braxdonn, but none of his attacks landed.  “You have some potential power boy.  And yet you waste it on the side of the light…a pity.  You could use those powers for a greater good!  And that does not require darkness or light, but both, in unison twilight!” he said with grace and a touch of devilishness.  Xisri smirked.  “That’s right.  Now prove to us your strength!”  Sora growled angrily and kept attacking them.  “I don’t have to prove anything to you!”  With that, Sora felt immense power coursing through him, and then he unleashed a flurry of light beams that ricocheted all around the dark barrier, and even Braxdonn and Xisri were having a tough time blocking the attack.

(End Song Here)

Within seconds, the light beams pierced Xisri’s left arm, and she yelped of pain, and then Braxdonn took her and they disappeared through a portal of darkness.  As they disappeared, the flame ring died down and the dark barrier was no more.  Sora went quickly towards Donald and Goofy, who were both still knocked out cold.  “Curaga!” he said, as he completely healed them, and they regained consciousness.  “Donald!  Goofy! Your all right!” he said as he hugged them.  Goofy rubbed his head.  “Gwarsh, Sora, we’re sorry we couldn’t help you!”  Donald nodded.  “Yeah, we’re sorry!”  Sora smiled and hugged them again. “It’s okay, don’t worry about it. I was able to drive those two away, so for now we’re safe.  And it seems they’re the ones controlling the Unborn, and even the Heartless!  With things standing like they are now, we’re in a really bad bind here.  But I did discover a power I didn’t have before.  I made beams of light come out of my body instead of my Keyblade!”  Donald and Goofy both gasped in awe.  “Wow, that means your becoming stronger Sora!” Donald said happily.

Suddenly, they heard another noise.  Goofy gasped. “Guys, did you hear that?”  They all remained quiet, prepared for the worst.  Sora signaled for Donald and Goofy to follow silently, for they were going to pounce on whatever was behind the bushes.  “At the count of 3! 1…2…3!” The three of them pounced at the same time, but then they stopped and noticed that it was a pair of moose that had been grazing.  “Ahhhh!!!” the moose screamed.  “We’re sorry, we didn’t mean to invade your grazing spot, we’re sorry, please don’t eat us!”  Sora felt bad for having scared the moose and he calmed down.  “It’s okay, don’t worry, I won’t eat you.  We just thought you were Unborn.”  One of the moose stood up and looked at them excitedly.  “Ah, is that like a secret code name for the hunters!?”  Donald shrugged.  “Um, yeah, you could say that.”

“Oh, so you’re like, the protectors of the forest!  Oh, that’s pretty sweet, eh?  That means your friends of ours!  The name’s Rutt, and that’s my brother Tuke!  You know, you remind me of Kenai!”  Sora gasped.  “Kenai?”  Tuke nodded.  “Yeah, eh!  He’s a bear just like you!  A friendly bear that doesn’t eat moose like us!  We saw him go by with little bear a little while ago!  So what are your names?”  Goofy smiled.  “Well, that there’s Donald, he’s Sora, and I’m Goofy!  Nice to meet you!”  Rutt grazed for a moment and then talked with his mouth full. “So, it’s Dora, Ronald and Judy?  Nice names!”  Donald was about to correct the moose, but they kept on talking, not allowing him to speak.  “So, you three are going to Salmon Falls with Kenai and little bear?” Tuke asked.  Sora nodded.  “Yeah, did they go too far away?”

Rutt thought for a moment and then he grazed for a moment and pointed his head south, towards a path leading downhill.  “They went down there, across the lake.  Unless you have a mammoth to ride on, it’ll be tough going across!”  Goofy nodded appreciatively.  “Thanks for pointing it out fellas!”  Rutt and Tuke nodded and they waved goodbye.  “Hey, be sure to stop by again and graze with us next time, eh?”  Donald waved goodbye.  “Will do!”  With that, Sora, Donald and Goofy headed downhill towards the lake, and they searched left and right to see if they could find any nearby mammoths they could ride on.  “Hey guys, I have an idea!” Donald said.  “What if I cast Blizzaga to make a bridge so you can cross the lake?”  Goofy cheered on.  “A-hyuck, great plan Donald!”  Sora nodded in agreement.  “You’re a genius!”  Donald smiled and then he proceeded to cast Blizzaga and make the bridge, and then Sora and Goofy crossed it as quickly as they could, and they reached a clearing where the Greenland was transitioning into a hot pit, devoid of any plant life.  They heard steam coming out of holes in the ground, and then they looked around to check and see if there were any enemies about.  “Well, it looks like the coast is clear.” Donald said.  “We should keep going.  We have to catch up with Koda and Kenai!”  They all agreed, and they cautiously started going through the warm pit, making sure not to be burnt by the holes in the ground spouting off hot steam.

--------------------------------------------------------

Why did Xisri and Braxdonn say that Sora should use his powers for a greater cause?  Will they appear to ambush our heroes again?  And are the Heartless really now under the control of these mysterious hooded people?  Those mysteries remain abound, as next chapter, Ventus, Trish and Kyle will help Louis rescue his friends Tiana and Naveen from dastardly fishermen!  Prepare yourself for Chapter 11: “The Frog Prince.”

Well everyone, that was the chapter!  I hope you all found it to your enjoyment!  I’m trying to make the story as fluid and easy to understand as possible, so I hope that you all think the story is progressing nicely!  Please be sure to leave your comments below and stay tuned for the next chapter! :D

Hey there everyone, good evening!  How’s it going?  Once again, thank you for your comments!  I hope that all of you are doing okay!  Well then, since I have a week and a half off from college, today I sat down and calmly wrote this chapter, which you are all about to read.  I hope that you all enjoy it, and be sure to leave your comments below! :D

Chapter 11: The Frog Prince

Ventus, Trish, Kyle and Louis were observing the fishermen closely, as they had Naveen and Tiana captured.  Louis had insisted on going on the offensive, but Ventus knew that in the end, they wouldn’t really have to do anything.  As they kept observing, they saw how the fishermen started to bicker amongst themselves, and from what they overheard, it seems that it was a father with his two sons, fishing for their next meal.  Soon enough, as Ventus had predicted, the two little frogs outwitted the dumbstruck fishermen, and then they quickly escaped.  As soon as the little frogs were safe and sound, Louis quickly came out to greet them, cheerfully with his two arms ready to hug them.  “Aw, you guys, you two had me so worried!  I had been looking all over for you!” he said as he hugged them real tight.  Tiana laughed.  “Haha, am I glad to see you! Um, by the way Louis, your hugging us a tad bit too tight.”  Louis quickly blushed and gently put them down.  “Oh, I’m sorry!  I’m just so happy you two are all right!”  Naveen, the other frog, was quietly observing Ventus, Trish and Kyle.

“Eh, Louis, who are they?  Are they friends of Mama Odie?”  Kyle tilted his head in curiosity.  “Mama Odie?  Who’s that?”  Tiana hit Naveen at the back of the head and she glared at him and then smiled warmly at the trio.  “Forgive his rude manners, he can be quite the stubborn frog.  I’m Tiana, and this is Naveen.  Mama Odie is the witch doctor that Louis told us about.  He said that she can turn us into humans!”  Trish crossed his arms.  “But, don’t you like being a frog?”  Tiana sat down, and before she could speak, Naveen stepped forward and interrupted her.  “Well, you see, she’s not really a frog.  You see, I was a human, and she was a human too, but the Shadow Man transformed me into a frog.  And so, to break the spell, I needed a kiss from a fair maiden!  But when Tiana kissed me…well, it didn’t quite work.”

Ventus nodded.  “So, then your looking for Mama Odie so she can transform both of you back into human form?  All right, we’ll tag along and help!”  Tiana smiled and nodded.  “Oh, thank you very much!”  Trish looked around and then she felt lost.  “But one question.  Where does Mama Odie live?”  Naveen thought of this for a moment, and then he looked at Louis.  “Hmm, now that the fine young mademoiselle asks, you never told us where Mama Odie is.  Where does she live Louis?”  For a moment, Louis felt flustered, and he didn’t know how to answer.  “Well, uh, you see, um, the thing is…uh…I don’t exactly know where she is…”  Naveen looked infuriated, and he tapped his foot on the ground.  “So you’re telling us that we’re lost!?  Then how will we ever turn back into humans!?”

“Well, that’s no problem at all!” a voice said all of a sudden.  Trish looked around to see where the voice was coming from, but she couldn’t pinpoint where the voice was.  “Who’s there?”  The voice suddenly talked again.  “I’m up here!”  When all of them looked up, they saw a tiny sphere of light floating above them, and for a moment, they were mesmerized by it.  Kyle then noticed that it wasn’t just a sphere of light.  “Hey, that’s a firefly!” he said excitedly.  The tiny firefly flew towards Kyle’s face and landed on his nose.  “The kid’s right!  I know where Mama Odie lives!  And I can tell that your all a bunch of decent folk, so I’d be more than happy to take you all to see her!”  Tiana nodded appreciatively and smiled.  “Why thank you Mr. Firefly.  We’d really appreciate the help!”  The firefly smiled and flew above them.  “You can call me Ray, missy!  And don’t worry, I like to help folks out!  Now just follow me, and you won’t get lost!”  The party nodded, and they started following Ray, who was ahead, leading them through the swamp.  Now they knew they wouldn’t get lost.

During their journey through the swamp, Ray told them about his daily routine and all about his family, and they also enjoyed Louis’ trumpet playing, so in general, they had a pretty smooth trip.  Ventus, Kyle and Trish had been on the lookout for the Unborn the entire way, but there were no signs at all about them.  They hadn’t even encountered the Giant Unborn that had attacked them in the swamp a while before.  Ventus felt cautious and uneasy, because he found it rather odd that there were absolutely no enemies in sight, not even Heartless whatsoever.  After a while, they came upon a clearing in the swamp, where many lights were floating in the air, providing a beautiful scenery to look at.  When the party looked closer, they noticed that the lights were fireflies, just like Ray!”  And at the furthest corner of the clearing, they saw an old lady with robes and some glasses, and they all assumed that she had to be none other than Mama Odie!  She came down to them and she smiled.  “Well then, it’s not every day I get visitors around here, welcome to my home!” she said enthusiastically.

---

(Start Song Here)

Meanwhile, further away from the swamp, in a city called New Orleans, a shady looking man was skulking in an alleyway, pacing back and forth.  He seemed anxious for some reason.  The man looked quite stylish, as he sported a top hat, a tuxedo, and a staff.  He then looked towards the darkest part of the alley, and he leaned his back against the wall.  “Are you sure that this is going to work?  Because I need to pay up my debt!  I owe my friends from the other side big time, and I have to pay up!”  Then, out of the shadows, a hooded person emerged, silent and intimidating. But of course, due to the man’s work with his friends from the other side, he didn’t find the hooded person to be intimidating at all.  “Rest assured Facilier, you are doing just fine.  Your debt is well on its way to being paid.”

“Well, that’s good to know then.” Facilier said, as he shifted his eyes towards the streets, making sure no one was peeking in on their conversation.  “So what about you then?  I sense that your aura isn’t like the ones my friends from the other side have.  What exactly are you?”  The hooded person turned out to be a woman, as she unveiled her hood, and she smiled.  “Well, you could say that I am a wanderer.  A wanderer that goes here and there and everywhere.  You don’t need to worry about me.  I’m simply your…provider.  Just keep on going with your mission, and I shall proceed with mine.  When you have anything new to report, you know where to find me.”  Facilier nodded.  “All right, that’ll do.”  With that, the woman put on her hood again, opened a portal of darkness, and then disappeared.

(End Song Here)

---

Back at the swamp, Mama Odie had tended to the party and given them food to eat, and then she had invited them to sit down and make themselves at home.  As Kyle looked around the house, he felt something crawling on his feet.  When he looked down, he saw a snake cuddling against his leg, and then he gave out a loud scream.  “Ah, snake!!!”  Mama Odie smiled and gave out a joyful laugh.  “Haha, worry not child, that’s just my dear Juju!  Come here Juju, come here boy!”  With that, the snake made his way to Mama Odie’s arm, and Kyle calmed down.  Ventus laughed and laid back.  “Ha, you should have seen the look on your face Kyle, it was priceless!”  Trish then hit Ventus’ arm and pouted.  “Don’t be mean to our son!  You should be ashamed of yourself!”  Before they could keep talking, Louis told them to quiet down, as Naveen and Tiana explained their situation and how they needed to turn back into human form.  After listening carefully to what they said, Mama Odie patted Juju’s head and then she tapped her rod on the ground.

“Well then, you need to look inside yourself and find out what’s really important!  If you want to follow your dreams, you must look deep into your heart, and you’ll find your answer!  And as for turning back into human form, you must obtain true love’s kiss from a princess in order to undergo the transformation!”  Naveen crossed his arms.  “But Tiana kissed me and nothing happened!”  Mama Odie laughed.  “Well, the two of you had just met, so obviously it didn’t work.  And she isn’t a princess.  Just find your true love, and make sure she’s a princess, and that’ll turn you back into human form!”  Tiana nodded.  “Well, if that’s what it takes to turn us into humans, then that’s what will have to be done!  And I know just the person who can break the spell!”  With that, they thanked Mama Odie for her guidance, and then they headed once again towards the swamp, and then they started thinking of how they would go back towards the city.  “Well, if we’re going to the city, then we’ll need a boat to get there.” Trish thought.  Kyle then snapped his fingers.  “Hey, what if we used our Keyblade Gliders to get there?”

Ventus thought it was a good idea but then he dismissed it.  “No, we can’t do that.  Remember that Louis will also be coming with us, and if the people see him, they’ll panic and run away, and plus, we don’t even know which way we’d go, so it’s best if we find a boat somewhere that’ll head towards the city.”  Kyle nodded. “Good point.”  And so they began their search for a boat, and then, all of a sudden, Unborn appeared from beyond the swamp, and they came in packs.  Ventus, Trish and Kyle quickly summoned their Keyblades and prepared for battle.  “Ray!  Louis!  Take care of Naveen and Tiana, and make sure to get them to the city!  We’ll distract the Unborn while you escape!” Ventus said as he looked back at them.  Ray nodded.  “You can count on me mon capitan!”  Louis shouted.  “You come back to us, okay?”

(Start Song Here)

Kyle smiled and nodded.  “Right!”  With that, they made their escape, and now he, along with his parents, were left to fend off the Unborn.  “I knew things were just too quite here.  Are you guys prepared to fight?” Trish said as she looked towards Ventus and Kyle.  They both nodded.  “You know it Mom!” Kyle said as he smirked.  “We got this!” Ventus replied.  As the Unborn came down upon them, all three of them united to make a beam of light that pierced through a considerable amount of the Unborn hordes.  But no sooner that they had finished their attack that more Unborn came from behind and pounced on them.  “Huh!?  How’d they get so fast?” Kyle exclaimed as he broke free of the Unborn that were pinning him down.  Ventus and Trish didn’t have time to stop and talk, as they too were taking down numerous Unborn.

As Kyle helped them get out of their predicament, he noticed that they were being watched.  After taking down a dozen Unborn, he looks up towards the trees and notices a hooded person who was sitting in a branch, observing the battle as if it was a spectacle.  “Guys, up there, a person in a black robe!” Kyle said.  Ventus and Trish looked up as well, but not being able to concentrate for long, Ventus looked back at Kyle and shouted.  “We’ll take care of the Unborn!  You go and chase that hooded person!”  Kyle nodded.  “Right!  Mom, Dad, please stay safe!”  They all smiled in unison, and then Kyle swiftly started running up the trees, jumping from branch to branch, keeping eyes on the hooded person at all times.  He kept on swiftly jumping in between branches, keeping his focus steady, and as he got closer to the hooded person, he noticed that the person had disappeared.  Then, when he heard a branch snap, he looked up and dodged an attack that would have cut him in two.  When he regained balance and jumped on a branch, he saw the hooded person take off the hood, and saw that it was a woman.  “Ah, it seems my mission is proceeding nicely.” She said with a smirk.

(End Song Here)

-----------------------------------------------------

With their new friends off towards the city of New Orleans, Ventus, Trish and Kyle have come upon these hordes of Unborn, and a mysterious woman who seems to be leading them!  What will happen next?  And how are Riku, Kairi and Mickey?  Next time, we’ll head back to them on the R.L.S Legacy in Chapter 12: “The Deadly Storm.”

Well everyone, that was the chapter!  I hope you all found it to your liking!  And as always, make sure to leave your comments below!  I hope you all continue to keep reading my story, for I really enjoy writing it and posting it here! Until next time, stay tuned for the next chapter everybody! :D

Hey there everyone, good evening, how’s it going?  Here is another chapter, and I hope you all enjoy it!  Rest assured, big things are coming soon in this story, so keep on reading and enjoy the ride, and be sure to leave your comments below!  Well then, here goes nothing! :D

Chapter 12: The Deadly Storm

For the next three days, the crew aboard the R.L.S Legacy faced no peril, and everything was peaceful so far.  Many exotic vistas and incredibly unbelievable things were what lay before Riku, Kairi and Mickey’s eyes.  They never imagined that there were so many wonders to witness in space, such as the giant whale-like creatures that had cruised by where the ship was.  They also saw many other interesting things, such as a shooting star leaving behind what seemed to be sparkling dust, which looked like snow at one point.  It was a marvelous spectacle, and overall, it was a pleasant voyage.  But Riku was on edge.  For all this time they had been on the ship, they hadn’t encountered even one Unborn, let alone a swarm of them.  Everything seemed too calm, and it was making him restless.  Kairi and Mickey felt the same way, but they kept quiet and fulfilled their lookout duties that Captain Amelia had assigned to them.  For now, all they could do was make sure that the crew members wouldn’t see them as suspicious people.

(Start Song Here)

Below decks, Jim had just arrived with Mr. Silver, as both had cruised on a small speeder boat just for the fun of it.  For the past few days, Silver had been teaching Jim the ropes on how to take care of things in the ship, and kept him quite busy at that.  Both of them had enthusiastic and determined looks on their faces.  “Hey, watch out there old man!” Jim teased as he pushed Silver while tying the safety ropes to the boat.  “Ha ha, spare me lad!” he replied back, as he tied the other end of the boat as well.  As they finished, they both sat down, feeling relaxed.  “Well Jimbo, if I could handle those sails when I was a lad, they’d be singing my praises back home around the streets!” Silver said, complimenting Jim’s piloting skills.  The teen smiled and laid back.  “Well, they weren’t exactly singing praises for me back home.”

Silver nodded.  “Oh, well it’s a shame.”  Jim continued to lay back, feeling relaxed.  “Well don’t worry, because I’m going to change all that.” he said confidently.  Silver smiled.  “Oh really?  How so?”  Jim looked at Silver and had a confident look in his face.  “Let’s just say that I got some plans.  And when I get back home, people will see me as a different person.”  Silver looked at the young teen intently.  “Well, sometimes plans go astray…”  Jim simply nodded.  “But not this time.”  At that, Silver remained quiet, and then he called on Morph to help him fix his robotic leg, as he was feeling rusty.  Feeling the urge to ask, Jim couldn’t help but speak his mind.  “So, how’d that happen anyway?” he said, looking at Silver’s robotic joints.  The cyborg simply looked at his hand with a sudden hint of sadness reflecting on his face.

(End Song Here)

“Sometimes you give up some things…chasing a dream.” he said as he clenched his hand.  Noticing his sad expression, Jim offered comfort.  “Was it worth it?”  Silver instantly changed his expression.  “Oh, I’m hoping so Jimbo.  I most assuredly am.”  As they both relax, they suddenly feel as if the ship was about to blow up.  In an instant moment, they overhear the crew members rallying to their positions.  Mickey then comes below decks.  “Come on up fellas, we’re facing a great problem here!”  With that, Jim and Silver quickly went above decks, and they saw many fireballs heading their way, apparently broken fragments of asteroids.  Delbert screamed as loud as he could, in great dismay.  “Captain, it’s the Star Pelusa!  It’s turning into a black hole!”  Captain Amelia quickly spurred into action.  “You heard him men, you know what this means!  Rally positions and secure your safety ropes!  This is going to be a rough ride!”  As the crew did as they were told, Riku, Kairi and Mickey noticed a giant Unborn squid emerging from the black hole.  Kairi gasped and then she summoned her Keyblade.  “Guys, I think that Unborn is what’s causing the black hole, we have to fight it off!”

(Start Song Here)

Riku and Mickey agreed, and Captain Amelia noticed the giant Unborn squid as well.  “You three, I’ll be counting on you to fight off that giant monster while the crew and I work on keeping this ship afloat!”  Mickey saluted her, with a face full of determination.  “Aye aye Captain!”  With that, Riku, Kairi and Mickey took their positions, ready to face the coming onslaught of the Unborn squid, but to their surprise, they saw that it was releasing countless spores that bred more Unborn squids to rain down upon the helpless crew.  Riku clenched his fist, feeling angered and overwhelmed at the situation.  “How is this possible!?”  But before he could give it more thought, Kairi snapped him out of it, and she gripped his arm.  “Get a hold of yourself Riku, we have to take on this thing and defeat is as quickly as possible before it keeps spawning more Unborn!”  Riku nodded.  “Right!  Mickey, come on, I have an idea!”  Mickey quickly went to Riku’s side.  “What’s the plan Riku?”  With a smirk, Riku simply looked up.  “Just follow my lead!”  With that, he shot numerous clusters of darkness that turned into platforms.

“Now!” Riku shouted, and so he and Mickey began jumping on the platforms, effortlessly taking out the Unborn spawn coming out of the giant Unborn squid that was spewing them.  They combined their attacks and formed a lance of light and darkness that pierced through a great number of their foes.  But, little did they realize that they were just as overwhelmed from the back as they were from the front.  Luckily, Kairi was providing cover for them, as she concentrated her energy and made a spell circle where she could amplify her spell casting, sending Blizzaga crystals and Firaga spheres towards the ever relentless Unborn.  Riku and Mickey kept ascending the throngs of endless enemies, and with each step they took, they were closer to the Unborn squid.

As the giant and menacing foe was about to strike them, Riku launched Mickey into one of its tentacles, and Mickey quickly started climbing upwards, slashing the tentacle into pieces, and causing the squid-like Unborn to roar in pain.  The rest of the crew were frantically blasting off the incoming asteroids that were plummeting towards them.  Seeing that the situation was getting too desperate, Kairi decided that she needed to summon Bahamut, and that’s exactly what she did.  In a blinding flash of light, she summoned the mighty dragon, and the commandeered it to use Megaflare on the asteroids that were near the ship.  In a brilliant display of power and radiance, Bahamut spread its wings wide, causing a blue aura to emanate from its body, and with the opening of its mouth, it released a powerful Megaflare attack.

With the mighty Megaflare that Bahamut had just conjured, it was enough to repel most of the asteroids, and it even destroyed a great many of the Unborn squid’s spawn.  Riku and Mickey took advantage of this to combine their attacks to make the Illuminated Twilight attack, in which daggers of light and darkness and ever powerful twilight pierced through most of the Unborn squid’s tentacles, causing it to stop unleashing more Unborn.  With this, they quickly dodged the poison beams that the squid started spewing at them, and then they blocked its attacks, but only barely.  Seeing a small opening in the giant Unborn’s defenses, he quickly looked back at Mickey and nodded.  “Mickey, I’m going to need  you to make a distraction so I can get to that Unborn’s weak point!”  Mickey smiled and swung his Keyblade.  “You can count on me Riku!”  With that, Mickey summoned up the power of light, making a beacon to which the Unborn squid was being attracted to.  Kairi on the other hand, kept repelling the incoming asteroids with grace and finesse.

Riku then charged up the powers of darkness inside him, causing it to envelop his body at will, and then he launched himself like a rocket, and then he held his Keyblade high, ready to deliver the final strike.  “Final Slash!” he yelled as he pierced through the Unborn squid’s weak point, causing it to instantly explode, its remains slowly being sucked in by the black hole.  Riku barely managed to make it out of the Unborn squid’s decaying body, and he landed on the deck of the ship.  Mickey was then the second to land on the deck.  “We did it Riku!” Mickey said cheerfully.  Riku smiled, but Kairi yelled.  “Our problems aren’t over yet guys!  Look!”  They all looked onwards as the giant black hole was enveloping itself, almost as if it was going to explode.  In shock, they weren’t able to do anything, so Bahamut enveloped them with its wings to ensure they weren’t caught by the blast.  Captain Amelia suddenly came down to the deck and she stood firm.  “Stand fast men!  We’re going to ride that last wave of the black hole out of here!  The explosion will provide enough energy to ride us out of here!”

(End Song Here)

With that, they all held on tight, as they felt a sudden silence overwhelm them.  But then, the final explosive wave arrived, and just as Captain Amelia had said, the wave was indeed powerful enough to ride the ship out of their predicament.  All of them felt an immense sense of relief, and they all celebrated their victory over their haunting ordeal.  “Great job you two!” Mickey said to Riku and Kairi with a smile.  Captain Amelia commended everyone on a job well done, and then stood firm once more.  “Now then, all hands accounted for Mr. Arrow?  Mr. Arrow?”  But the more she called out to him, the more she noticed he wasn’t there.  It wasn’t until Scroop, the spider looking crew member had arrived that she noticed that Mr. Arrow had met a cruel fate.

“Captain, I regret to inform you that Mr. Arrow is no longer with us…his safety rope wasn’t tied properly.” he said, looking at Jim with a rather pleased look on his face.  Captain Amelia then looked at Jim, feeling disappointed.  Suddenly feeling frozen in place, Jim objected.  “No, I checked them all!”  He went to check the safety ropes, and noticed that Mr. Arrow’s rope had indeed not been tied.  “No, I checked them all, they were secure!  I swear!”  But Captain Amelia was already grief stricken, and she took a moment to offer some words to honor her dear friend.  “Mr. Arrow was a…fine sailor…finer than any of us could ever hope to be…but he knew the risks, as do we all.” she said, and then she left.  Jim, feeling crushed, ran below decks.  Riku, Kairi and Mickey knew that this had to be Scroop’s doing.

Riku for a moment considered telling Captain Amelia the truth, but then he remembered that he couldn’t meddle in the affairs of other worlds, so he knew that she would eventually find out.  And so, they went to talk to the Captain in private and explained their situation, and with the Captain’s permission, they were allowed to leave.  Riku opened the portal of darkness, but for a moment he hesitated, for he really wanted to go to Jim and comfort him.  But he knew that he too had other duties that needed his attention, and he knew that with the Unborn squid gone, the Captain would be able to solve things from here on out.  “Don’t worry Riku.  I’m sure Jim will be all right.” Kairi said.  Riku nodded.  “Your right.  Let’s go.”  And with that, the three entered the portal as it slowly dissolved away.  After a while, Jim went above decks again, feeling guilty about what had happened.  Silver casually went above decks to check up on him, and after seeing how grief stricken Jim was, Silver tried to make him feel better.  “It wasn’t your fault you know…why, if you hadn’t been here half the crew would be swirling in that black hole-“

(Start Song Here)

But Jim, infuriated, interrupted him.  “Don’t you get it!?  I screwed up!  You know what?  Just forget it…forget it.” he said, feeling utterly defeated.  Silver looked at Jim and then he made him see eye to eye with him.  “Now you listen here Jimbo, you have the makings of greatness in you!  You have to chart your own course and set your own sails!  You just keep trying your best and you’ll be able to do great things one day!  Just because you confront failures in life doesn’t mean that you have to let it get to you!  You did your best!  You just have to keep charting your course, and when the sun rises on your sails, I hope to be there, seeing the light shine bright from you!” he said with a smile.  Jim, touched by his words, simply hugged Silver.  Surprised, Silver hugged back, and then patted his back.  “There there Jimbo, it’s all right lad, it’s all right.”  After a few seconds, Silver pulled away from the hug and then he crossed his arms.  “Anyways, now you should get some shut eye, I’ll take over here for now.”  With that, Jim started walking below decks, and then he looked back at Silver and smiled, and then he looked up towards the stars, and thought of Riku, Kairi and Mickey.  The Captain had already told him that they were gone, and he knew in his heart that they would be all right.  He hoped that nothing but the best would come for them.

(End Song Here)

----------------------------

With the threat of the Unborn taken care of in the R.L.S Legacy, Riku, Kairi and Mickey head off towards a new world, hoping to prevent disastrous events from unraveling.  Next chapter, we’ll see how Sora, Donald and Goofy’s search for Kenai and Koda turns out.  Will they find their friends before more Unborn appear, and will the hunter come and prey upon them again?  Find out in Chapter 13: “The Truth Behind Kenai.”

Well everyone, that was the chapter!  I hope that you were able to find it to your liking!  As always, be sure to comment on my story and let me know what you think of it so far!  And as I said before the beginning of this chapter, big things are coming soon in this story, so stay tuned!  Until then, keep on reading my fellow followers! :D

Great chapter and AWESOME fight! Just one question: How come Riku, Kairi, and Mickey can't stick around long enough to finish the rest of the story from the movie?

Because the urgency of their situation is bordering on desperation.  You see, the Unborn have not only grown in numbers, but they've gained an abnormally acute sense of intelligence, and they are not just going to worlds one by one, they are practically invading any world they can, and so Riku, Kairi and Mickey have to traverse the worlds because of this fact.  By the way thanks for your comments. :)

Edited by Golden Fighter

Because the urgency of their situation is bordering on desperation.  You see, the Unborn have not only grown in numbers, but they've gained an abnormally acute sense of intelligence, and they are not just going to worlds one by one, they are practically invading any world they can, and so Riku, Kairi and Mickey have to traverse the worlds because of this fact.  By the way thanks for your comments. :)

Okay. And you're welcome for the comments.

P.S. If you see a 'Liked' and then 'Unliked' on you last comment, I meant to click 'Quote' but hit 'Liked' by accident.

Okay. And you're welcome for the comments.

P.S. If you see a 'Liked' and then 'Unliked' on you last comment, I meant to click 'Quote' but hit 'Liked' by accident.

Oh, I see.  It's okay, no worries!  And you know, I want to take this opportunity to thank you for always reading my stories.  You've read every single one of my stories, so I'm glad I have a fellow member here who likes all my stories, and I hope you continue to enjoy the stories I create!  Your comments are greatly appreciated!

And also, I'd like to thank Tom13, who's always been excited for my stories, and because he enthusiastically asks me when I post my next chapters.  And I would also like to thank all the other anonymous members or guests that don't comment.  I can tell by the views I have on my story that your all reading it, so I'm really thankful for that! (Although it wouldn't hurt if a few other of you members out there would comment too, lol.)  

So anyways, in conclusion, thank you all for reading my stories, and I hope you continue to keep on enjoying this story, for I'll keep on posting chapters as often as I can!  Thanks everybody! :D

Edited by Golden Fighter

Well everyone, thank you very much for your patience, and as always, thank you for your comments!  Here is the next chapter of my story!  I hope you all like the direction I’m taking the story in, for I’m sure you’ll all enjoy it!  Read on my fellow readers! :D

Chapter 13: The Truth Behind Kenai

As the heat rose up, Sora, Donald and Goofy were very careful not to step into the craters in the unstable ground below them, for they were already deep in the hot pit, searching for Kenai and Koda.  “Where are they!?  They can’t have gotten that far!” Donald exclaimed, feeling tired of flying because of all the heat, and soon after, he glides down on Goofy’s shell and rests.  Sora smiles while looking at Donald and then he looks down on Goofy.  “So much for flying huh?” he said with a smirk, and Goofy chuckled to himself.  “Aw, well it’s okay.  I’ll carry him as long as I have to.”  With that, they kept quiet, listening closely to the sounds of the ground below them.  Just barely, they were able to get out of the way as a giant beam of steam spewed out from a hidden crater they hadn’t noticed.  Sora sighed of relief.  That was too close.  After that, they continued on their way, and then he started wondering about Kenai.  He stopped him from attacking the hunter that was assailing them, and he couldn’t help but wonder why.  But he let the thought slip his mind, for now he had to keep an eye on the craters.

They suddenly heard a roar coming from downhill.  Goofy gasped.  “That must be Kenai!  Come on Sora!” he said as he started heading towards the source of the roar.  Sora dashed in front of him.  “Goofy, let me go ahead, we don’t know what dangers lie ahead.  You make sure to cover for me, okay?” he said with a smile.  Goofy nodded and agreed, and so they cautiously made their way downhill, and to their relief, they saw Kenai along with Koda, who was laughing at him.  “We found you!” Goofy said as he jumped off joy.  The rumble made Donald wake up and fall right in front of Kenai and Koda, and then Donald gasped and quickly fell back.  “Sora, Goofy, it’s Kenai and Koda!  We found them!”  Everyone just laughed at Donald, while the drowsy duck was puzzled as to why they were doing so.

“Gwarsh Donald, you slept the rest of the way here! “ Goofy said with a chuckle.  Donald crossed his wings and lifted his head in a huff.  “Well excuse me for being tired!  Anyways, the important thing is that Kenai and Koda are safe!”  They agreed on that point, and then Kenai smiled and greeted them.  “Hey guys, are we glad to see you!” Sora nodded and then he looked around.  “So what happened?  We heard a roar, did something happen?”  Koda laughed once more and then he walked up to Sora and had a cool look on his face.  “Well, you see, I startled him, and then he tried startling me, but he could use some work.  Heck, he wouldn’t scare a fly no matter how hard he tried!”  At that, Kenai pouted.  “Hey, that’s a little too harsh Koda!”  With that, they all laughed again, but then Koda’s face turned into one of dismay.  “Kenai, look out!”

Kenai rolled his eyes.  “Yeah, right, I’m not going to fall for that!” But as Sora turned around, he then roared.  “Kenai, seriously, listen to Koda, look out!”  Alarmed, Kenai turns around and a spear flies right past him and pierces the ground.  Then he notices the bear-like figurine, and then he gasps and silently mutters to himself: “Denahi…”  With that, Sora, Donald and Goofy stand their ground, ready to fight.  “No Sora!  Don’t do it!” Kenai shouted.  Koda tugged at Kenai’s leg and whimpered.  “Are you crazy Kenai!?  Come on, let’s go!”  Sora looked back and nodded.  “Koda’s right!  You two have to go now!  Don’t worry Kenai, we won’t harm the hunter, we’ll just take him off our backs!”  After a few seconds of silence, Kenai agreed, and then he took Koda and they ran off while Sora, Donald and Goofy provided a distraction.  “Remember guys, we can’t hurt the hunter, we just have to send him running!” Sora reminded his two friends.  “All right, but I’ll give his head a good pounding!” Donald squawked angrily.  “A-hyuck, calm down Donald, remember to keep a cool head!” Goofy said with a smile.

(Start Song Here)

As they took their battle positions, the hunter rapidly charged at them, fury apparent in his eyes.  He had another spear in hand, and he was about to stab Sora with it, but luckily, he blocked the attack with his paws and then threw him back.  “I can’t hurt the hunter…apparently he has some connection to Kenai…so I won’t use the Keyblade.  I’ll use my own strength.  My friends strength!”  With that, he concentrated his energy, and then he raised his paw and ordered Donald and Goofy to stop.  “Guys, I’ll take care of this on my own.  You two stay back while I take him on!” he said with determination in his voice.  Donald rolled his eyes.  “Aw, phooey, what a showoff.”  But seeing Sora’s determination, Donald and Goofy did as he said and stood back.  The hunter meanwhile, rose back to his feet and then he screamed and charged at Sora again, and this time, he stepped on his paw and managed to punch him, and then, he was about to stab Sora again, but Sora then flung the spear away with his paw, leaving the hunter to fend himself with his own two fists.  Sora remained calm, cool and collected.

Suddenly, he heard Kenai and Koda’s voices.  “Sora, Donald, Goofy, come on, hurry up!” the little cub shouted, not wanting to see his friends get hurt.  Taking advantage of Sora’s distraction, the hunter took his spear and stabbed Sora in the back.  Donald and Goofy looked speechless as Sora roared in pain.  He fell down to the ground in pain, and the hunter slowly pulled out the spear from Sora’s back and then leaped over Donald and Goofy and made a beeline for Kenai and Koda.  Just as Donald and Goofy were about to head over to help them, a barrier suddenly appeared before them, electrifying them and leaving them paralyzed to the ground.  Sora slowly turned around, noticing that blood was dripping down his back, and he tried standing up, but then he was paralyzed to the ground as well.

(End Song Here)

Then they saw the path towards Kenai get blocked by withered, dead tree trunks and branches, preventing them from seeing if the hunter had gotten to them.  A somber silence followed, and then Sora, Donald and Goofy could hear a menacing laugh echoing around them.  A few seconds later, Xisri appeared before them, with quite the amused look on her face.  She walked in circles around them, taking the time to enjoy their pained expressions, especially Sora, who was bleeding from the wound the hunter had inflicted upon him.  “Well, aren’t you three a pretty sight?  I believe this is where you come to a halt.”  Sora lifted his head up and growled and then he closed his eyes in pain.  “Kenai…”  Xisri smirked and then crossed her arms.  “You don’t need to worry about him, he’ll be fine.  It’s not like he’s going to die or anything.  Just let them go.”

(Start Song Here)

“But the hunter will keep chasing him!” Sora said in protest.  Xisri walked towards Sora and knelt so she could be head to head with him.  “Well that’s the thing, sooner or later, poor little Denahi will notice that the bear he’s chasing is his brother.”  At that, Sora, Donald and Goofy’s faces were awash with shock.  “Brother!?” Donald squawked.  Xisri nodded and sat on a nearby boulder.  “Yes, his brother.  You see, that bear you three were helping was once a human.  He was part of a tribe of natives born of this land, and he was about to receive a spirit totem.  Think of it as a rite of passage for teenagers to bloom into adulthood.  He expected great things, but he received the Bear Totem, which symbolizes love.  The foolish man scoffed at this, and then Denahi came angrily towards Kenai, telling him a bear had taken their fish.  Feeling responsible for what happened, Kenai chased after the bear, and when he was about to be killed by it, his older brother Sitka came to his aid, and after a great struggle, he died a watery grave.  The bear who killed Sitka escaped, and Kenai wanted revenge.  When he killed the bear, the light spirits turned him into a bear, so he could atone for what he had done.  And now he is trying to go to the mountain where the spirits transformed him so they can turn him back into a human.”

After hearing Xisri’s explanation, Sora, Donald and Goofy were dumbfounded.  They would never have imagined that Kenai had been a human, but now they knew why they thought Kenai had something peculiar to him.  Xisri enjoyed their shocked expressions, and then she walked towards them and looked at them quietly.  “All right, no more talk.  Now is the time that you come with me.”  Sora, Donald and Goofy tried to struggle themselves out of Xisri’s spell, but they were still immobile, and alas, they were able to do nothing.  Xisri opened a portal of darkness, and then she dragged Sora, Donald and Goofy and flung them through the portal.  She then saw Braxdonn appear behind her.  “Really Xisri.  You could at least be more gentle with them.  After all, they should be treated with care since they’re going to pay a visit to our friends.” he said with a smirk.  Xisri laughed and flipped her hair to the side.  “Oh come now dear, they need to learn how to handle tough treatment.  But don’t worry, I’ll make sure they don’t get a scratch.”  With that, they both head through the portal, and then it disappears after they enter it.

(End Song Here)

Meanwhile, in the Mysterious Tower, Yen Sid felt the powerful surge of darkness from Xisri and Braxdonn, and soon after he also felt the presence of Sora, Donald and Goofy.  He stroked his beard anxiously, deep in thought.  “They have been captured, but I cannot pinpoint their location.  It shall be a difficult task locating them.  How can I warn the others?”  Just then, his train of thought was broken by a knock on the door. “Proceed.” he said.  As the door opened, he saw that it was Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.  “Master Yen Sid, Xion has arrived!” Flora said.  Yen Sid bowed his head gratefully to the three fairies.  “Ah, good, bring her in.  And try to see if you can contact any of our other allies.”  The three fairies nodded.  “We’ll get right on it Master Yen Sid!” the three said in unison.  With that, they headed to their chamber to establish contact with the other Keyblade Wielders.

As Xion came in, she bowed her head in greeting and respect, and then she stood up.  “Master, I came as soon as I heard.  The worlds are in danger again?”  Yen Sid nodded, and he crossed his arms.  “I am afraid that things have already taken a terrible turn.  Our enemies are appearing from everywhere, and it seems that the Unborn and the Heartless are being controlled by an unknown force.  Nine of our allies have gone in groups of three throughout the worlds to take care of this threat from wherever it may emerge, but I fear that not even this will be enough, for Sora, Donald and Goofy have been captured by the enemy.”  Xion gasped and then she clenched her fists.  “Then send me right away Master, I’ll be sure to rescue them!”  Yen Sid nodded.  “Very well, but I do not know which world they have been sent to, so they could be anywhere.”

Xion shook her head and summoned her new Keyblade, which she had obtained by strengthening her heart and undergoing training.  The Keyblade was a beautiful silver color, with neon blue lines that intersected and then formed a half star on the tip, and the hilt was smooth and resembled angel wings.  “Not to worry Master.  With my new Keyblade, Wings Of Freedom, I’ll be sure to find them!  They may be anywhere, but I’ll search any worlds I can, but I know that I’ll cut down the enemy wherever I go!”  Yen Sid nodded.  “Very well.  Then be extra careful, and should you encounter any more of our allies, inform them of the situation at hand, for we need all the help we can get.”  Xion nodded and then proceeded to walk out the door.  “Don’t worry, I will.” she said as she went outside.  As she was about to leave, Merryweather flew down quickly, barely able to catch up.  “Oh, goodness, I’m glad I could reach you in time!”  Xion smiled and turned around.  “What is it?” Merryweather then proceeded to give her a Star Shard.  “Use this to travel to other worlds.  I know that the dark portals drain your energy when you go through them, so this Star Shard should help greatly in your travels!  It used to belong to King Mickey!”  Xion nodded appreciatively and took the Star Shard.  “Thank you Merryweather.”

----------------------------------------------------

Will Xion be able to find Sora, Donald and Goofy?  Just why did Xisri and Braxdonn capture our heroes?  And just how is it that they keep appearing at every turn?  As Xion begins her journey, we turn to Ventus, Kyle and Trish, who are facing off against hordes of Unborn and a mysterious woman that seems to have been searching for them!  Be prepared for Chapter 14: “Remnants Of The Past.”

Okay everybody, that was the chapter!  I hope that you all found it to your enjoyment, and I really hope your all enjoying the way I’m handling the story!  As you’ve all probably realized, I don’t finish the plots in the worlds because the enemy is one step ahead of our heroes, and it adds for a nice pace to the story, so I hope you all like how I’m handling it!  Well, until next time, please keep commenting, and stay tuned for the next chapter! :D

Good evening everyone, how’s it going?  Well then, here’s the next chapter of my story, and I hope that you all enjoy it!  And by the way, in case you are all wondering how long this story will be, it’ll be 50 chapters long, just like the other stories I’ve posted here.  Now then, without further ado, here’s the chapter! :D

Chapter 14: Remnants Of The Past

(Start Song Here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YXsCyvbpC4

Cautious but spurred to act, Kyle lunges forward towards the cloaked woman, and she instantly disappears, and then reappears right where Ventus and Trish are fighting.  It seems that she wasn’t after Kyle.  “Mom, Dad, look out!” he screamed, but unfortunately neither of them heard him, as the swarms of Unborn were keeping them occupied.  Kyle then shook his head and clenched his fists.  “I’m going to have to use the power of the Dark Light!  I can’t let Mom and Dad get hurt!  Not while I can do something about it!”  With that, he closed his eyes and started focusing the energy inside him, and he felt an immense aura sweep through his body.  Then he put his Keyblade in front of him, and he poured his energy into it, and as he opened his eyes, a bright yellow gleam emanated from them, and in seconds he unleashed his feral form.  Before anyone could even notice, Feral Kyle had already dispatched a countless number of Unborn, clearing the battlefield greatly.  The cloaked woman took notice and felt the energy that Feral Kyle was emanating, and she turned back and smirked.

“Ah, so this one’s power comes out when provoked. Interesting…” she said as she walked towards Ventus and Trish, who were both taking out the remaining Unborn.  As Trish took out a great many of them, she glanced over her shoulder and noticed Kyle in his feral form.  “Ventus, look!” After dodging the Unborn’s strikes and defeating the rest, Ventus looked over to where Trish had pointed, and he saw it too.  “The Dark Light.”  Then both of them were swiped over to the other side of the battlefield, almost falling into the swampy waters.  When they looked up, they saw the cloaked woman, smiling.  “My, hasn’t it been a long time Ventus?”  At that, Ventus made a puzzled look.  “How do you know my name!?”  The woman said nothing, for she simply kept smiling.  “It’s a shame you have to be on their side.  Oh well…”

Before delivering a devastating blow to them both, Feral Kyle swooped in and blocked her attack with his Keyblade.  “There’s no way you’ll hurt my family!” he said with a growl.  “Now back off unless you want me to tear you apart!” he said as he swung his Keyblade towards the cloaked woman.  For a few seconds, only an eerie silence remained, and then the woman, with a satisfied look on her face, raised her hand and made all the Unborn stop in their tracks.  Then, without a word, they disappeared, and soon after she did as well.  Ventus, Trish and Kyle were wary of the situation, knowing full well that things could turn on them in the blink of a second.  After seeing that the woman and the Unborn were indeed gone, they felt relieved and unsummoned their Keyblades.

(End Song Here)

Feral Kyle reverted back to normal, and he looked at Ventus and Trish with a concerned look on his face.  “Guys, why was that woman after you two?”  Trish shook her head.  “I’m not sure, but we need to go to the city and find Naveen and the others before she heads over there to take them out!”  They all nodded in unison, and so they went running towards the city, even though they didn’t know where it was.  As they looked upwards towards the sky, they noticed thunder and lightning crackling in the distance, but it seemed ominous, as if boding an ill omen.  Kyle instantly knew that’s where they were headed.  “Guys, follow me!”  And so, they picked up the pace, not taking a single moment to rest, all their energy determined to get to their friends before the worst could happen.  The more they ran, the more they noticed the swamp opening up, and soon they saw the city in the horizon.  “We’re getting there, come on, we’re almost there!” Trish said, feeling breathless for a moment.  After a few minutes, they finally arrived in the city, and rain had started to fall on them.  Then Ventus noticed something.

“Look, over there!” Ventus said, pointing towards a corner of the street where he saw Tiana being cornered by someone.  Trish clenched her fists.  “That must be the Shadow Man!”  Without hesitation, they went headfirst towards Tiana’s aid, and suddenly, shadows that were in the ground held them tight in place.  As Kyle looked down, he saw that the shadows were smiling!  Then the Shadow Man turned around and smirked.  “Oh, so your those friends that Tiana had told me about…it seems you think you can save her.”  Kyle waved his hand in determination and glared at him.  “We don’t think, we know!”  With that, the Shadow Man laughed full heartedly, and then he put his hands behind his back.  “Well, since you feel so strongly about that, let me and my friends from the other side teach you a lesson in not meddling in my affairs!” he said with an evil grin.  At the snap of his fingers, his shadows were just about to attack, but Trish managed to free their hold over them and then shot a beam of light to the ground.  The shadows disappeared instantly but reappeared near the Shadow Man.

(Start Song Here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELRcr-mxJ1k

Ventus, Trish and Kyle summoned their Keyblades, ready for battle, and the Shadow Man encased Tiana in a cage built of darkness so that she couldn’t escape.  “Now then, let me enlighten you!  Witness what powers I wield!” he said as he raised his staff upwards, causing dark energy to engulf him.  That, in turn, provided him and his shadows with more power.  Ventus immediately went towards the shadows, trying to fend them off and isolate them.  Trish did the same, and Kyle decided to take on the Shadow Man on his own.  He closed his eyes, and in a surge of darkness and light, he transformed into his feral form once more.  “Two can play in this game!” he said as he attacked his foe.  Impressed, the Shadow Man smirked and snapped his fingers, causing huge pillars of darkness to sprout from the ground.

But Feral Kyle quickly dodged them, and made short work of some of the shadows that had come to attack him.  Ventus and Trish on the other hand, were fighting side by side, dispatching the shadows as quickly as they could, but they just kept coming back.  “Trish, let’s do our new technique!”  Trish smiled.  “You got it!”  With that, they both leaped upwards and slung their Keyblades in a wide arc, and then they stood back to back and stabbed their Keyblades to the ground, causing huge spikes of earth to come out from under the ground.  Immediately after, they combined their attacks to form the Ultima Arcanum attack, which devastated the shadows greatly.  “Not bad!  I say our technique is pretty good!” Ventus said with a cheerful smile.  But they’d have to talk later, since the shadows again came back.

Meanwhile, Feral Kyle and the Shadow Man clashed their weapons, holding their own in combat, and then the Shadow Man shot dark projectiles out of his staff, causing the ground to seep dark energy.  Soon after, strange masks appeared before them, humming an eerie melody and seeping dark energy into the Shadow Man.  Feral Kyle quickly attacked him to prevent his foe from having more power.  As he kept dodging, Feral Kyle eventually decided to absorb the dark energy into his Keyblade, merging it with his dark light, and then he proceeded to attack the Shadow Man with all his might.  “Take this!” Feral Kyle said, as he disappeared then reappeared behind his foe, threw him upwards, and then he made an X symbol above him, causing chains to emerge from it, and then he went upwards and bound him with his Dark Light Lock Keeper attack.  “Now you’ll have no escape!” he said as he finished his attack, leaving the Shadow Man helpless to do anything.  Then Feral Kyle reverted to normal, and the strange masks kept humming their eerie melody, but this time, they were heading towards the Shadow Man.

(End Song Here)

“No, no please!  I just need more time!  Please, I don’t want to die!” the Shadow Man said, as a gateway from another dimension opened, where more of the strange masks came out, signaling with their eerie melody that they had come to take the Shadow Man.  The shadows that had accompanied him were sucked into the gateway, and after the Shadow Man struggled to stay out of the gateway, he was unable to do anything more, and with that, in a blink of an eye and with a flash of light, the strange masks were gone, and the Shadow Man was no more.  Then Kyle reunited with Ventus and Trish, relieved that they were both safe.  “Hey, where’s Tiana?” Trish asked.  Kyle smiled and nodded.  “Don’t worry, she was able to escape.  I’m sure of it.” With that they all smiled, and as Ventus was about to hug Kyle, he suddenly froze, and then he fell to the ground, and blacked out.  In his mind, Ventus was in agony and pain, but he couldn’t get his body to move.  He was immobile for some reason, and then his head started to hurt immensely.

(Start Song Here)

He could see everything that was happening in his mind, but he was helpless to do anything.  He started getting flashing images of his past, the past he thought he would never know.  In this sudden vision, he saw what looked to be his home when he was little.  Then he saw two figures in the distance, stretching out their arms towards him, calling him son.  “What the heck is going on!?” Ventus said, trying to wake up.  Then he saw ruins of some unknown place, and then he saw the back of a girl in the distance, a girl who had a velvet red dress.  In her right hand she was holding a paopu fruit, and in her left, she had a bracelet.  Just as she was about to turn around, his vision then moved on to something else.  Now he saw two Keyblades that were stabbed in the ground, and a grassy field opened up before him.

The Keyblades were unfamiliar to him, and then his vision shifted yet again, and this time he found himself alone, in the dark of night, lifeless and in the ground, bleeding.  Then he saw the silhouette of an old man looming before him.  “You possess a strong heart…you have been abandoned and left for dead.  No more.  I shall take you under my wing, and you shall learn to wield the Keyblade.” he said.  Ventus opened his eyes wide.  “I know that voice! Xehanort!”  With that, he woke up in a moment’s notice, and he saw Kyle and Trish’s concerned faces.  Trish kissed Ventus lovingly and hugged him. “You had us worried!  What happened to you?”  Kyle nodded and hugged Ventus tightly.  “Mom’s right Dad!  What happened to you?  You suddenly blacked out on us!”  For a moment, Ventus felt speechless and out of breath, and he rubbed his head.

“I…I saw a vision…flashing images of my past…it was all blurry, but the only thing I could make out was when Xehanort found me…but all the other parts of my vision are too confusing…and there was this girl in a red dress, and two Keyblades, and I think I saw my parents…”  Before Trish and Kyle could say anything, the cloaked woman who they had encountered before appeared before them again.  She stood on top of a statue, and she looked down, fixing her gaze on Ventus.  “So, it looks like your remembering.  Good.” she said with a wide smirk.  “Remembering?  Remembering what!?” Ventus said in a demanding tone.  The woman gracefully floated down towards Ventus and she touched his face, making Trish instantly jealous.  “Just what do you think you’re doing?” Trish said in an angered tone.  The cloaked woman smirked and then let go of Ventus’ face.  “Ah, so you get jealous so easily.  Perhaps I should take Ventus away with me…” she said. Trish growled angrily.  “Why, you!”  The cloaked woman only said these words: “If you want to learn more about your past, follow me…” and then she opened a portal and disappeared.  Ventus headed towards the portal, but Trish held him back.  “Ventus…this could be a trap…”  He nodded.  “I know…but I need to unravel my past…”  With that, he donned his armor and went towards the portal, and Kyle and Trish reluctantly followed him.

(End Song Here)

------------------------------------------------------

Why has this mysterious woman offered Ventus a chance to learn more about his past?  Is this some sort of trap?  Whatever the case, Ventus is determined to learn the truth.  Next chapter, Riku, Kairi and Mickey stumble upon a lush new world, ready to take on any Unborn that might appear.  What challenges will await them?  Find out in Chapter 15: “Freedom.”

Okay everybody, that was the chapter!  I hope you all enjoyed it!  And try to guess which world I’m talking about in the description I made for Chapter 15!  Come on, I dare you to guess!  Haha, anyways, as always, thank you for your comments, and please keep the comments coming!  Until then, stay awesome! :P

Evening everybody, you know what time it is!  Here’s another chapter of my story!  I hope you all continue to enjoy it and comment on it!  And I hope you all look forward to the surprising twists and turn I’ll make. ;)  Now then, without further ado, here’s the chapter! :D

Chapter 15: Freedom

As they stepped out of the portal of darkness, Riku, Kairi and Mickey found themselves in a lush and beautiful forest, the sunlight piercing through the shades of the trees, the rivers flowing peacefully along their way, the animals all in sync with the environment around them.  Mickey looked around, trying to see if there was anything of this world that was familiar to him.  Then he came back and shook his head.  “Well guys, this is an entirely new world!  I’ve never been here before.”  Kairi stepped forward and walked over to an open field in the forest, and then she knelt down, observing the ground.  “Well, there doesn’t seem to be any danger around here, at least for now anyway.  And I also don’t see any signs of Unborn destroying the forest.  We should keep looking around and see if we can find a village or at least some traveler that can tell us if there’s been any weird activity here recently.”  Riku and Mickey nodded in agreement, and just then, they heard twigs snap, and they turned around quickly and summoned their Keyblades.

(Start Song Here)

After a few seconds, a horse came out from a few bushes, and it stopped to look at them, almost as if inspecting them.  They all remained still for a moment, and then the horse sniffed them, like if it was a dog.  “Haha, gosh horsey, that tickles!” Mickey said as the horse sniffed his ears.  Riku observed closely at the horse and noticed it had reins and an emblem on its chest that indicated that this wasn’t a normal horse.  “Guys, I think this horse belongs to a soldier. Come here boy, I won’t hurt you.” Riku said calmly, and sure enough, the horse calmed down and felt quite at ease.  Riku petted the horse and then took a closer look at the emblem.  “Maximus.  Hmm, I wonder who you’re looking for…”  Before he could say anything more, Maximus cut him short, and then he suddenly bolted away as fast as lightning.

(End Song Here)

“Hey wait, come back!” Kairi exclaimed, but Maximus was already gone, so there was nothing that could be done.  “Well, so much for the horse leading us to the soldiers.  I guess we’ll just have to keep searching on our own.”  With that, they headed out, following a trail in the forest.  For a good while, they saw all the wonder and beauty of nature, and everything was peaceful.  Just then, Heartless appeared out of nowhere, and Riku and the others stepped back and summoned their Keyblades, ready to fight.  “Fellas, we got work to do!” Mickey said.  They all nodded in unison, and they plunged into battle.  Mickey quickly dashed through a group of Heartless, and he eliminated them with swift precision and coordination, and then he kept on taking them out.

(Start Song Here)

But these Heartless didn’t look like the normal bunch.  These looked like forest animals that had been cloaked in darkness.  “Riku, behind you!” Kairi said, as she shot a Blizzaga Barrage spell that took out the Heartless that were about to harm Riku.  “Thanks for the save!” he said with a smirk, and Kairi bowed.  “Anytime!”  The pressed on, and the more Heartless they defeated, the more rose to take their place.  “Something is very wrong with these Heartless, I can feel it!” Riku said, for he too noticed that these Heartless strongly resembled forest animals.  Kairi darted and weaved through the throngs of Heartless and then she made a Stun Impact attack with all her energy, causing the radius to be considerably big.  Riku then summoned his dark powers and finished off their foes, and the rest of the Heartless disappeared, preferring to fight another day.  The coast being clear, they unsummoned their Keyblades and then they all looked at each other.  “Well, it looks like we’re on the right path…but I feel sad having to take out those Heartless…I could still feel the hearts of those animals.” Kairi said, looking down.

(End Song Here)

Riku crossed his arms and closed his eyes.  “I know what you mean.  Those Heartless didn’t feel like the ones we fought before.  Could it be they were the result of…experimentation?”  They all considered this possibility, and then Mickey walked in front of them and then turned around to face them.  “Well fellas, one thing is for sure.  If these Heartless are products of experimentation with forest animals, we’ll find out who the culprit is, I can feel it!  Now come on, let’s keep searching!” he said.  They all agreed, and with that, they all pressed on, continuing their search.  As they kept walking, they noticed what seemed to be a cottage.  They kept walking closer, and then they noticed that it was an inn called The Snuggly Duckling.  “Oh, well this seems to be a pretty nice place, don’t you think so guys?” Mickey said cheerfully.  Riku and Kairi on the other hand had questionable looks on their faces.  “I don’t know Mickey, something tells me the snuggly part is just a metaphor…but there is no harm in checking.  Come on, let’s go in.”  And so, they headed towards The Snuggly Duckling.

Meanwhile, The Elder was walking in the courtyard of the fortress, tending to the flowers and making sure they received plenty of water.  More members of the counsel had returned except for three, who were still maintaining order in other worlds.  He then looked up at the sky and put his arms behind his back.  “The clouds of war are stirring greatly…I fear this is something not even the counsel can suppress…” he said to himself, but then he shook his head.  “No. The counsel has always safeguarded the light of all worlds, and we will continue to do so.” He said softly to himself, feeling confident in his allies.  Suddenly, Damian walked into the courtyard and greeted him.  “Ah, hello there Damian, a fine day today, is it not?”  The man nodded.  “Yes Elder, it’s quite the beautiful day.” he said.  “Have you anything new to report?” The Elder asked with a stern and strict look on his face.  Damian nodded and crossed his arms. 

“As expected, the Keyblade Wielders have already begun their journey.  So far nine of them are split into groups of three.  I fear Sora, Donald and Goofy have been captured by the enemy.”  The Elder sighed and looked rather irritated.  “This is why I cannot rely on those fools.  They again try to fix things, and three of them are already captured.  Nonsense, just pure nonsense…”  Damian turned around and gave The Elder a curious look.  “I don’t mean to question your judgment Elder, but do you not think it best to receive assistance from them?  They defeated Dark Orion last time, so we can ask for their help.”  The Elder glanced at Damian and then walked towards the fortress.  “I’ve made my decision.  I will not allow help from them.  We can handle this on our own.”  A little further away from them, Dawn had been listening to their conversation all along, and now she was worried.  “Sora, Donald and Goofy captured?  I have to tell Riku about this!” she said to herself.

She then quickly went into her room and took a small bag and packed some potions and ethers and food, all that she needed to leave the fortress.  As she was packing, she suddenly panicked when she heard footsteps near her door.  When she turned around, she noticed that it was Valgard, who was leaning on the wall.  “You know, you should really be careful, your door was open.”  Dawn smiled of relief.  “Oh, it’s just you Valgard.  I was afraid it was The Elder for a moment there.”  He smiled and walked towards her.  “I see your already leaving?  You haven’t even finished your training.” he said with a puzzled look on his face.  Dawn looked down and then she kept packing.  “I know…but trouble’s come up and I need to find Riku urgently…I can keep training myself along the way.”  Valgard knelt down so he could be face to face with Dawn, and he smiled.  “Well, if that’s the case, then you should go quickly.  The back entrance is clear, so you should be able to escape.”  Dawn smiled and tears began to roll down her cheeks.  “Valgard, I don’t know how I can repay you for your kindness…”  He simply shook his head and then gave dawn a small bracelet.  “Take this.  It will keep you undetected from the enemy, at least for a while, and it also serves as a direct link of communication to me.”  Dawn smiled.  “Thank you so much again Valgard!  I hope to see you again!”  With that, she left her room and stormed through the back entrance without anyone noticing.  Valgard simply smiled as she left.

Back at the forest path, Riku, Kairi and Mickey had decided to head into The Snuggly Duckling Inn, and when they did, they were taken aback by the not so snuggly environment.  Burly and tough looking men were participating in arm wrestling contests, poison dart bouts, and simply beating each other up.  Mickey opened his eyes wide and then he looked at the sign outside then looked inside again.  “Gosh fellas, do you think maybe they named this place wrong?  It’s not so much The Snuggly Duckling, it’s more like a madhouse!”  Riku and Kairi looked at each other and they laughed, and then one of the tough looking men came up to them.  “Hey, who are you?  And what do you think you’re doing?  It’s clear you aren’t the royal guards, so that means I don’t have to hesitate to beat you to a pulp!”  Riku was about to say something when they heard a commotion near the service counter.  As they went to see what all the ruckus was about, they saw that it was a young looking man with brown hair and a cocky look in his face, trying to talk his way out of the apparent situation he was in.

Kairi looked at the young man as he was getting beaten up, and then she turned her attention to the burly man who had been threatening them.  “So, who’s that guy?”  The burly man’s face was filled with disgust as he looked at the young man and he spat on the ground.  “That there is Flynn Rider.  Some pretty boy who stole the crown, and now he’s running from the law.  There’s a high ransom for him!  Oh ho ho, I should send one of the guys to go fetch the guards.”  With that, he called a nearby thug and commanded him to get the guards.  Kairi felt she had to do something, for even though this Flynn person was a thief, not even thieves deserved to be treated like this, but just then, a young woman hit one of the ruffians with what seemed to be a frying pan.

The young woman stood defiantly and then she lowered her arm.  “Please stop!  I need  him!  I need him to take me to see the floating lights!  I’ve always dreamed of seeing them ever since I was a little girl!  Where is your humanity!?  Haven’t you ever had a dream at all?” she said pleadingly.  The ruffian then took his axe and headed straight towards the girl.  Riku was about to interfere when Kairi stopped him.  “Wait just a moment Riku.  I think there’s more to this girl than meets the eye.” she said calmly. “Gosh Riku, Kairi’s right.  I think it’s best if we stay out of this.” Mickey said with his arms crossed.  Riku stopped and then he stood still, and everyone was in an equal amount of silence.  Then the ruffian’s expression changed.  “I used to have a dream.  My dream was to be a concert pianist!” he said with a sudden smile.

(Start Song Here)

At that, each one of the men in The Snuggly Duckling proclaimed about their dreams.  One dreamed of finding true love, one dreamed of being a furniture maker, and another had excellent baking skills.  Each one proclaimed their dream, and then they looked at Flynn and lowered him down.  “What about you?  What’s your dream?”  Flynn gave a serious look.  “Uh, no, I don’t think so.  I don’t do this kind of thing.”  Then he was surrounded by the blades of all the men, and then he instantly changed his mind.  “Well, I have dreams too, really, but it’s less touchy feely.  It tends to happen in a place quite warm and sunny, on an island that I’ll own, where I’ll be well rested and alone, surrounded by humongous piles of money!”  The young woman smiled and she stood on a table, graciously proclaiming her dream.  “I also have a dream, I just want to see the floating lanterns gleam, and with every second hour I’m so glad I left my tower!  And it’s so good to have a dream!”  With that, everyone applauded, and now the atmosphere was much happier.  “Huh, well that was unexpected.” Riku said surprised.  “She has a heart of pure light.” Kairi said to herself while smiling.

(End Song Here)

---------------------------------------------------

Having stumbled on some curious people, Riku, Kairi and Mickey stay in awe over the young woman’s ability to ease all the fearsome looking men by speaking about their dreams.  And now that Dawn knows of Sora, Donald and Goofy’s capture, she wants to warn Riku of it as soon as possible.  Will she be able to reach him on time?  Will Riku, Kairi and Mickey stumble upon the enemy?  For that you’ll have to wait, as next chapter Xion begins her search for Sora, Donald and Goofy in Chapter 16: “An Unexpected Encounter.”

All right, so that was the chapter everyone!  As always, thank you for your comments, and make sure to keep on telling me what you think of the story!  Let me know if the pacing of the story is good so far, pretty please!  Until then, stay tuned for the next chapter everybody!

Hey there everyone, and good evening!  As always, I thank you very much for your comments, and I hope your all looking forward to today’s chapter!  Without further delay, here it is!

Chapter 16: An Unexpected Encounter

One day had passed since Xion had departed from The Mysterious Tower with the Star Shard Merryweather had given her, and she was dead set on finding Sora, Donald and Goofy.  Before all this she had been training diligently, honing her skills in the case of an impending threat, as was happening right now.  As the Star Shard propelled her who knows where, she could only guess what was awaiting her.  Suddenly she hit the ground with a thud.  “Ow!  This thing is useful, but it packs a punch too…” she said while rubbing her head.  She then stood up and noticed that she was in what seemed to be an empty town.  There were no citizens in sight, no sounds of marketplaces, not even children laughing and playing around the place.  She found this rather odd, and she immediately summoned her Keyblade, feeling increasingly wary, for she felt two strong presences near her.  “Whoever you are, just come out and show yourself!” she said while gripping her Keyblade tightly.  Suddenly, from out of the shadows of a nearby alley, a giant suit of armor lunged towards her, but luckily, she evaded the attack.

(Start Song Here)

As soon as the giant suit of armor presented itself, the ground below her started to glow brightly with strange markings, almost like if it was another language.  She then felt a powerful energy seep out from the markings, and that’s when she knew she had to jump out of the way.  When she did, the markings exploded, resulting in crackling electricity.  Her eyes were searching for the giant suit of armor, who had suddenly disappeared, and then, up a nearby staircase, she saw a young blonde man, who had a determined look on his face.  From what she could tell, he had a robotic arm and leg, and he had a red cape and wore tattered traveling clothes with boots.  When she was finally able to look at the giant suit of armor properly, she noticed it was grey, and the design was almost that of a great knight.

“I don’t know what’s the big idea here, but I’m going to ask you to cut it out!” Xion said demandingly, but the blonde youth clapped his hands together and placed them on the ground, causing another ring of energy to appear below her, but this time, she stabbed her Keyblade into the ground, causing the energy ring to disperse.  The blonde youth was taken aback by this, and the suit of armor quickly proceeded to throw a punch at Xion, but she dodged it and kicked his face, and then the blond youth summoned a sword from his metallic arm, and his blade clashed with Xion’s.  “You!  Your going to tell me where the Philosopher’s Stone is!  You’re not gonna hide its location from me!” the blonde youth said, eyes flared with undying determination.  “Huh, Philosopher’s Stone?  What is that?” Xion asked, feeling puzzled.

(End Song Here)

At that, the suit of armor stopped the blonde youth and then placed him by his side.  “Big brother, I don’t think she’s the enemy.  She seems just as clueless as we are.” the armored man said, much to Xion’s surprise, in a child’s voice. The young blonde was about to protest, but the armored man covered his mouth and then bowed apologetically.  “Sorry about that miss, the name’s Alphonse, and this here is my big brother Edward.  We’re the Elric Brothers.”  Xion smiled and unsummoned her Keyblade and put her hands on her hips. “I’m Xion. And wow, Alphonse, if you ask me, you look like the big brother, not Edward.” At that, Edward snapped and flailed his hands in the air.  “Hey, what’s that supposed to mean!?  Are you calling me short!?  Why does everyone always think I’m the little brother!?”  At that, Alphonse and Xion laughed, while Edward was clearly irritated.  Afterwards, Edward crossed his arms.  “That’s quite the powerful weapon you have there.  It’s unlike anything I’ve ever seen before!” Xion smiled.  “Thanks!  Well, now that we’re clear on this, I need your help.”

(Start Song Here)

Elsewhere, in what seemed to be a heavily fortified underground base, Sora, Donald and Goofy were thrown into a prison cell by Xisri, who had captured them near Salmon Falls. She was quite pleased with herself, whereas Sora, Donald and Goofy were trying to think of a way to escape.  “I suggest you boys keep quite if you want to survive here.” she said as she put a barrier on the cell.  “Oh, this cell is just in case you get any ideas about unlocking the door with your Keyblade.  This cell will prevent you from doing so.”  Sora, unable to answer, simply passed out from his wound.  Donald had used Curaga, but not even that was enough to stop the bleeding. “Sora, wake up Sora!” Donald said as he shook Sora.  “Gwarsh, things are looking pretty bad.” Goofy said sadly. Xisri simply smirked and then walked up the stairs and into what seemed to be a conference room.  There, Braxdonn sat, having arrived earlier than Xisri, and Emmxett arrived shortly thereafter.  A few minutes passed, and then Grixelda appeared and took her seat.  “So, what do you think the Master will discuss with us?”  For a moment, they all remained silent, unsure of what to answer.  The silence loomed for a few seconds, and then Emmxett stretched his arms.  He then looked at his fellow allies and proceeded to sit down again, feeling relaxed.

“Of that I’m not sure.  As you know, the Master has always been known for his ability to be unpredictable.” Emmxett said calmly.  “Well, it looks like our allies have been quite busy lately.” Braxdonn said, putting his hands together on the table.  “Well of course they’re all busy.  If we are to accomplish the Master’s goals, we have to work aggressively.” Grixelda said.  Suddenly, their Master appeared from a portal of darkness, and then everyone bowed down.  “Master Xylek, we’ve come as you’ve requested.” they all said in unison.  At that, Xylek removed his hood and smiled.  “Ah yes, good evening ladies and gentlemen.  Thank you for coming.  Where are the others?” he said as he noticed empty seats.  “Xeromo and Exolc are mining for Mythril and Orichalcum for our armies as we speak, Master.” Grixelda confirmed.

“I see.  And what of Jexana?” Xylek asked, with arms crossed.  Xisri shrugged and then sat down.  “She’s pursuing Ventus, Kyle and Trish as we speak.”  Xylek then nodded and took his seat.  “Those are important matters indeed.  Well then, we shall begin our meeting now.  We have important business to attend to.  Now then, what have you all to report?”  Emmxett stood up and proceeded to speak.  “Master, during my time in the Dwarf Woodlands, I came upon an interesting individual, one who is allied with the Keyblade Wielders, and yet he wanders alone.  His name is Dexeres.”  At that, Xylek smiled.  “Excellent.  Be sure to keep a close eye on him.” he said.  Emmxett bowed.  “Of course Master.”  Then Xylek looked at his other companions.  “Well, anything else?”  Grixelda then stood up and she smiled quite confidently.

“Well Master, I am glad to inform you that the Heartless are now completely under our control, and they shall obey our every command.  They’ll make perfect soldiers along with our Unborn.”  Xylek’s smile grew ever wider.  “Hmm, that is good news indeed.  And what of you two, Xisri and Braxdonn?”  The both of them stood up, rather pleased with themselves and then Xisri pointed downstairs.  “I think you’ll find something to your liking down there.”  As she said this, Xylek proceeded to go downstairs, and then he saw Sora, Donald and Goofy in the cell, and he instantly felt ever more pleased.  “Good work you two.  Now we have three of our fellow enemies as our prisoners.  Now we can extract information out of them.”  he said confidently.  Goofy shook his head and stood firm.  “No matter what you do to us, we won’t tell you anything!”  Xylek gave out a full hearted laugh and then he looked at Goofy with a menacing look, and then averted his gaze to Donald, who was speechless.  “Keep telling yourselves that.” he said.  Then he turned towards his companions. “My friends, I also bring good tidings.  We have two new members among our group.  Give a righteous welcome to Lixane and Brenxaly.” At that, Donald and Goofy looked at each other with concerned faces, for now they realized their enemy was getting stronger by the minute.

(End Song Here)

Meanwhile, Xion had gotten acquainted with Alphonse and Edward, and they discussed man topics together.  The reason the town was empty was because the citizens had to be evacuated due to recent earthquakes.  Unfortunately, when she asked them about Sora, Donald and Goofy, she didn’t get any answers.  Now they were helping themselves to some tea. “So, what do you two exactly want with this Philosopher’s Stone?  I know I heard you say those words when we fought.” Xion asked.  At that, Edward’s face turned grim.  “Well, you see…our mother died a long time ago, when we were still kids, and well, Al and I knew about alchemy, and we thought that we could bring her back to life.  But the thing about alchemy is that in order to have something, you must give something in return.  In the process, I lost my arm and leg, and Al lost his whole body.  The only way I could save him was by binding his soul with my blood on this suit of armor.  Then we heard about this Philosopher’s Stone, and how it could do anything…and well, you can guess where I’m going from here.  I want to make sure that Al can have his body back and live a normal life, so I can fix the mistake I caused…”

“I see.” Xion said as she looked at both of them sadly.  “I’m sorry you’ve had to go through so much…”  Before they could continue their conversation, they suddenly heard a rumbling noise outside.  Alphonse looked out the window and then gasped.  “Big Brother, it’s those strange creatures again!  And this time there’s more of them!”  Xion opened her eyes wide.  “Strange creatures!?”  When she looked outside, she instantly recognized them.  Unborn along with…Heartless!?  She couldn’t explain why, but she’d have to think about it some other time.  Now, she needed to fight them.  “Guys, I’m going to need you to stay here!” she said.  Edward shook his head and smiled.  “And leave all of them to you?  No way!  We can’t leave all the fun to you!”  Xion smiled.  “All right, but be careful!”

(Start Song Here)

They all nodded in unison, and they went outside, where the Heartless and Unborn immediately started attacking them.  They seeped into the ground and then reappeared behind them, and some of them were coming from all directions, trying to surround them.  Xion summoned her Keyblade and gracefully took out dozens of Unborn with one stroke.  Edward looked at all and they both nodded.  “ Come on Al, let’s show Xion what we’re capable of!” Edward said.  “Right!” Alphonse replied, and with that, they clapped their hands and put them on the ground, causing an energy ring to appear all around the Heartless and Unborn, and then the markings coalesced and made a huge fissure in the ground that made many of their foes fall down the deep crevice of earth.  Xion looked back and nodded appreciatively.

Just as they were taking out many of their enemies, suddenly they all vanished in one fell swoop.  “Whoa Xion, that was amazing!” Alphonse said in awe.  Xion shook her head and looked at her Keyblade.  “That wasn’t me…”  Edward and Alphonse looked at her puzzled, and then suddenly they felt an ominous aura fall upon them.  “Something’s not right…” she said, and then they all looked to their left, and then they saw a shroud of darkness seep from the ground, causing a portal of darkness to open, and from it came a man with Keyblade in hand.  As Xion looked on, she then noticed that it was someone familiar.  “Hey, I know you.  Your Ethan!”  The man stopped walking, and then he swung his Keyblade to his back and then his bright, yellow eyes pierced into Xion’s.  “It’s been a long time, hasn’t it?”  Xion grit her teeth and then she charged towards Ethan, full of fury.  Edward and Alphonse charged on to help Xion, but Ethan disappeared then reappeared behind all of them. “You’ve got it all wrong Xion…I’m not your enemy.”  Xion scoffed at him.  “Ha, right, you certainly aren’t our ally either!  You didn’t help us defeat Dark Orion!”  Ethan stayed quite, and then he prepared for battle.  “Prove to me your strength…”

(End Song Here)

------------------------------------------------

Ethan has returned!  With what intentions does he appear before Xion?  Is he an ally or an enemy?  And what is Xylek planning with his companions? That’s something that’ll have to wait, for next chapter, Ventus, Trish and Kyle follow the mysterious woman to find out more about Ventus’ past in Chapter 17: “A Scarring Truth.”

All right ladies and gentlemen, that was the chapter!  As you can see I’m trying to add as much drama and mystery as I can to the story, and I hope you like how it’s coming along!  Tell me what you think of Xylek’s new companions!  As always, keep on commenting, and look forward to the next chapter of my story! :D

Edited by Golden Fighter